Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2020, 23:53   #31
BHPian

Re: AJ's saga of a pre-worshipped Honda Brio VX AT : An Ownership Thread

Has anyone used the Iridium NGKs in the Brio? Planning to install them soon.
I too made the mistake of upgrading my stock tyres to 185 section and will soon be reverting back to 175 stock OE size.
The Brios stock 14” rims are 5J and a 185 tyre bulges out quite a lot which also ruined the ride. Ideally I would love to use the rims from a City (5th Gen) as they are 5.5J in width and then use 185 sections tyres.

Last edited by Crankpin : 12th June 2020 at 23:56.
Old 13th June 2020, 16:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Has anyone used the Iridium NGKs in the Brio? Planning to install them soon.
I too made the mistake of upgrading my stock tyres to 185 section and will soon be reverting back to 175 stock OE size.
The Brios stock 14” rims are 5J and a ...
I have sourced four of these when I visited US two years ago from amazon warehouse deal for like 11-12 usd. Asked Honda dealer workshop to replace them during last service but they politely refused. Will change it as a DIY ... one if these days. Plenty of time during lockdown.

I am also regretting upsizing. I have put 200x55 Bridgestone Potenza on stock rim. It has made the puppy lethargic and heavy steering :(. Planning to reverse it if I get some bonus or make some gains in stock market . Brio isn't running much, just 20k odd kilometres in 7.5 years hence being lazy.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 18:48   #33
BHPian

So what is the spark plug number that you have got for the Brio? Can you Please share a picture as I’m trying to source them here in Pune
Thanks 🙏
Old 13th June 2020, 20:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car. Congrats on the purchase. Our Brio is now close to eight years old and has clocked only 35000 kms, because it has been used as a second city car. Perfect for those quick intra city runs and grocery trips. An absolute go-kart if there ever was one.

Till date I can't find a car which has the same combination of zippiness, ease of driving and parking, and reliability- and hence no plans to replace it yet. Super easy on the pocket too, no more expensive than a similarly priced Maruti hatchback.

And oh - gotta love that huge glass rear hatch which makes visibility absolutely top notch!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 13th June 2020 at 20:33.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 20:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
So what is the spark plug number that you have got for the Brio?
This one BKR6EIX-11

NGK Cross Ref PDF.

NGK Sparkplug Number Explained

Hth,

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 13th June 2020 at 20:39. Reason: Added link to NGK number decoding.
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 16:06   #36
BHPian

Thanks for your detailed review of the Brio. I’ve been considering buying one to drive for a couple of years. Having owned a Civic previously I love the way Honda’s drive.

I’ve actually spotted a 2015 V AT brio through a dealer today & was looking for some advice since I’m not very familiar with buying 2nd hand cars. It’s clocked only 8000 kms which is unbelievable to me. Was wondering if there’s a possibility to know if it’s been tampered with? I know that checking with Honda itself would be one way provided it was serviced there. Is this to good to be true? Sorry, I hope this post isn’t hijacking this thread.
Old 22nd July 2020, 16:15   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
I’ve actually spotted a 2015 V AT brio through a dealer today & was looking for some advice since I’m not very familiar with buying 2nd hand cars. It’s clocked only 8000 kms which is unbelievable to me. Was wondering if there’s a possibility to know if it’s been tampered with?
We spotted a 10,000 Km run 3 year old Swift back in 2011 similarly, at a Maruti True value outlet. All doubts were allayed once our FNG mechanic walked over from across the road. He took one look at the engine bay and confirmed that this car has barely been used. He then took the car for a spin and told us to buy it.

He has since then taken a look at many cars for us among our family and friends. His inspection service costs us Rs.1500 per visit. None of these purchases have ever gone wrong.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 18:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
...It’s clocked only 8000 kms which is unbelievable to me...
Many Brios like mine are second (or third) car in the households. Hence, they see less tarmac. Mine has done only 20,000 kilometres in 7.5 years. Low mileage examples are quite common for Brios. Check the service history, tire manufacturing dates and wear signs, break disc thickness, gear shifter knob, driver seat fabric etc. It will give you idea.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 22nd July 2020 at 18:29.
bj96 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 16:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Mine has done only 20,000 kilometres in 7.5 years.

-BJ
Yeah, same here. Mine is 7.5 years old too and just under 30k km. Would have been just over 30k if not for the lockdown.
Old 21st January 2021, 20:08   #40

Hi Aj,
Wonderful story right there. I can totally relate to your feelings and your struggle at that time as I too very recently went through the same. I was looking forward to retire my Santro Xing which I drove for 15 years and did not want to renew the RC. I had always loved Honda Brio for its cute looks but finding one a great shape and low milage was a daunting task. After searching for months finally I found one in Ludhiana punjab and luckily found a very genuine guy. Called him and went to see the car on very next day on 16 October 2020. Me and my friend saw it and instantly fell in love with it although its a manual one. And to my surprise it clocked only 12 k on odo Kept in next to showroom condition by the previous owner. I could not afford to lose it so after test ride we agreed on the final price and I made online advance token payment and on very next day that is 17 October the first day of Navratri we bought the Brio home after making the reminder of the payment.

Btw AJ DO YOU STILL HAVE THE OEM ALLOY WHEELS?? I would love to buy them and thank you for rest of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Knowing the Shree Honda Dealer at a personal level, I asked him for best possible pre-used vehicles. I was shared a picture of a Honda BRIO VX AT from his sales team's side which had come in for exchange. The vehicle was owned by a relative of the Dealer and it had been very sparingly used. The following are the pictures that I received on WhatsApp :
Attached Thumbnails
AJ's saga of a pre-worshipped Honda Brio VX AT : An Ownership Thread-aff3f9e219df49a490feaa349e0474bf.jpeg  

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2021 at 20:35.
Rajj Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 13:48   #41

Hey AJ, I shared my story too earlier, not sure why it is not reflecting here. What I mean to ask you was are you still retaining the OEM alloy wheels of your Brio?? If yes! do you wish to sell those? I am interested. Please do let me know.
Old 14th March 2021, 20:55   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Hi Bj,

The link for the part is not working.
IS this available in boodmo? Also, what is the real advantage of these sparks over the OEM ones?

Is there a noticeable performance gain?
Old 31st March 2021, 14:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Checked with a few tyre dealers in Kolkata and M/s Indo Radial Club had a solution for us. I asked my son to hop in and we both checked into their Topsia store to see what was available.
------
I was advised to put these KELLY Branded 176/65 R14 Tyres on the BRIO which were manufactured by Goodyear India and was meant for the purpose of exports. They were coming cheap at an unbelievable price and were solving my purpose. Cost Rs.10,000/= for a Set of 4 Tyres
Hi AJ-got-BHP! Can you please give me some feedback on these tyres, considering they've been used for a year now? Also, can I please talk to Indo Radial with your reference? I would've PM-ed you, but unfortunately, I do not have that facility yet. :P
Old 8th April 2021, 12:29   #44
BHPian

Hey guys! a friend of mine is looking for a used Brio, can someone please tell me what the reasonable price for a 2015 Brio VX AT with 25000 kms on the odo? The seller is asking for 550000 , which I know is too much for the car.
Old 8th April 2021, 19:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJack View Post
Hey guys! a friend of mine is looking for a used Brio, can someone please tell me what the reasonable price for a 2015 Brio VX AT with 25000 kms on the odo? The seller is asking for 550000 , which I know is too much for the car.
The Brio VX AT was sold at a price of close to 9 lacs on the road. Now if you take a low mileage 25000 kms car, with full service record and cosmetically everything is good, i think that price is worth it, mainly because its a low mileage car and it means it has been well looked after and also such cars and owners deserve a minor increase in the price. Considering that the condition is excellent i would say price is proper.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed