Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2018, 00:08   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congratulations mate on the 1.8 Tsi

Press the scroller on your left thumb side of the steering, it pauses the music. May be you can try this as an addition. I do the same, when my favorite track is getting played instead of letting the software mute the audio.
The quantum of music volume can be adjusted through the Head unit option settings. We can enable to keep the music without muting or can reduce the music volume only by couple of notches rather than muting. All these options are available in the general settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Can anyone confirm if the mirrors on the 1.8 TSI L&K autofold on locking the car? Similarly if they open up automatically on unlock?

Thanks
Yes. They auto fold and auto unfold. This feature is by default activated
Old 21st August 2018, 07:48   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
The quantum of music volume can be adjusted through the Head unit option settings. We can enable to keep the music without muting or can reduce the music volume only by couple of notches rather than muting. All these options are available in the general settings.

Yes. They auto fold and auto unfold. This feature is by default activated

Thanks for the information. Considering this car seriously as a replacement for a 2015 Jetta TDI AT. A bit unsure on the warranty package though. Autobahn is offering one at 40k - Skoda Secure and the other at 100k - B2B. I'm unsure of the difference as they're not particularly clear about this.

Any clue whether the B2B is worth the extra money?
Old 15th September 2018, 12:43   #33
BHPian

Re: Silver bullet - My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Thanks for the information. Considering this car seriously as a replacement for a 2015 Jetta TDI AT. A bit unsure on the warranty package though. Autobahn is offering one at 40k - Skoda Secure and the other at 100k - B2B. I'm unsure of the difference as they're not particularly clear about this.

Any clue whether the B2B is worth the extra money?
Hi Zahir, Imidnightmare had clarified on this earlier. Quoting it below for your reference. He had given the details earlier in this thread as part of the selection process. Please check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidnightmare View Post
I've mentioned earlier on this. I reckon you purchased the 4-year package for 39,990 which is from Skoda itself. That however does not cover consumables and / or unscheduled maintenance visits. The package I purchased is the one for 1L which covers all consumables and all scheduled as well as unscheduled visits. To me, the main issue is that the standard packages (including the warranty) exclude the suspension (brake pads, discs, clutch etc. are smaller issues). The 1L package however does cover this, which is why I paid. Of course, one hopes it will not be an issue, but with Mumbai roads, I didn't want to take a chance. This package (they call it the B2B package) is clearly dealer-offered as per the terms they have shared. However, the language in the document shows that it was earlier a direct Skoda offer (confirmed earlier in the thread). The confirmation for this therefore does not come from Skoda, but comes from the dealer alone.

Hope I've cleared that up! Happy to share more - whether on the thread or over PM.
Old 16th December 2018, 18:50   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

As you have been through one monsoon, what's the take on the headlights? Are they effective? Especially in rain?
Old 2nd March 2019, 18:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
As you have been through one monsoon, what's the take on the headlights? Are they effective? Especially in rain?
Sorry mate, been traveling a lot, so just saw this query.
Yes, the headlights were more than adequate. Had been a worry for me before, reading all the posts people had made. That said, I didn't face a torrential downpour in darkness. Worst was a very heavy burst on the expressway just after dusk and before complete darkness. Went fine for me.

Notes:
1. I don't go fast in such situations - stick to being comfortable; still faster than most around, but am no lunatic
2. My comparisons are against the City, Hexa, Brio and Corolla's lights - and this seemed better than all of them

Overall, nearing a year of ownership (review due) and so far, happy with the purchase overall.
imidnightmare is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks