Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 16:32   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
Hemanth,
Is the issue something that you can reproduce while at the Mahindra service center? I assume the car has a diagnostic port and they are able to get some logs to resolve the issue. If it is hard to reproduce, find out if you can do this yourself (collect diagnostic logs) when the car is in this state.
-GG
Mahindra service guys told that nothing is recorded in the diagnostic logs. It is hard to reproduce as we have not seen any particular pattern to it. it has thankfully not resurfaced.

There was a new issue however. The car wasn't recognizing the charging plug and the vehicle was unable to get power. This was happening intermittently and frequently. Due to the low usage per day it didn't cause any big problem. However after 4 5 times, we took it to the service centre last week. it has been returned back saying it's sorted. no idea what they did. With the past experiences as reference, I'll reserve my comments for now.

Otherwise the car has crossed the 7000kms mark. As a city car, it's working out for my Sister and Bro-in-law

Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!-7000_20190530_072852.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 13:35   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

One problem seems to vanish and another crops up. And the service guys at Mahindra...they seem clueless and have been totally useless in solving issues

The previous issue on SOC showing 0% frequently has not happened again, but now the problem is with the charging plug on the car itself.

Plugging in the charger has become an irritating experience. It starts to charge only in a particular position and achieving that is extremely difficult. If we are lucky with that, then removing the connector after charging is another circus. it takes lot of shaking and force to pull out the plug.
The car was given to the service station couple of times to sort this, but the people there have been unsuccessful.
Frustrated, my Brother in law has tweeted to Anand Mahindra as a last hope
Old 10th October 2019, 17:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
.. If we are lucky with that, then removing the connector after charging is another circus. it takes lot of shaking and force to pull out the plug.
The car was given to the service station couple of times to sort this, but the people there have been unsuccessful.
Frustrated, my Brother in law has tweeted to Anand Mahindra as a last hope
Which service center are you visiting for EV service?
For difficulty to remove the charger cable, I apply some silicon grease once in a while on the inside grooves of the charger without touching the electrical contacts. That makes it super smooth to plug in and pull it out.
Another thing I have noticed is that, shaking the plug makes it harder to pull it out. Try pulling it straight out in a single stroke of action and it should come out easily.

Last edited by Holyghost : 10th October 2019 at 17:32.
Old 10th October 2019, 18:56   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Which service center are you visiting for EV service?
For difficulty to remove the charger cable, I apply some silicon grease once in a while on the inside grooves of the charger without touching the electrical contacts. That makes it super smooth to plug in and pull it out.
Another thing I have noticed is that, shaking the plug makes it harder to pull it out. Try pulling it straight out in a single stroke of action and it should come out easily.
Sireesha in Hosur Road. We've tried all sorts of ways to remove it. Pulling it out straight was working initially but gradually that was also difficult. I've cut my fingers many times because once I pull out, the inertia force made my hand hit the "fuel cover" which is made of metal with sharp edges
I didn't dare to apply lubricant with the electrical contacts close by.
Old 2nd July 2023, 19:25   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

After a little over 5 years and just short of 20000kms, my sister parted ways with her E2O+. The biggest of all reasons being the poor overall fit and finish quality of the vehicle (it was a known when it was bought but there were hardly any other option in the EV segment back in 2018). The second major reason was that recently the service experience at Mahindra was going down. Due to unavailability of parts (as the car is no more in production), even for small things, the wait times were high.

Yesterday a MG Comet came home to take its place.

Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!-img20230701wa0010.jpg

Mods: You may close this thread. I'll start a separate thread for the Comet soon.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 2nd July 2023 at 19:29.
hemanth.anand is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks