Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2019, 13:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Follow your heart, part II - My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
1. Is it worth buying the Gold AMC for 2 years costing 17K?

Overall outcome - Extra money was refunded. Am a bit disappointed that my Storme has total warranty for 4 years, instead of 5.

Can other owners here please check their respective Stormes right wing mirror and report back whether it folds as much as the left wing?

Mileage in such traffic is around 9.8-10.0 kmpl.
Firstly, a belated congrats on your purchase!
Pasting my thoughts below to few of yours, as above :

- Gold AMC is worth it. You are entitled to replace every other part and consumable, which almost always is no-questions-asked, wiper blades, wheel alignments, headlamps, disc brake shoes (relating to the one's that I got replaced, hehe) included. Moreover, I'd to pay over 22k in 2015 for the 2 year Gold AMC. Your quote is lesser and surely worth it.

- Yes, it's a 2+2 year warranty, and given the reliability of the 2.2vtt engine and transmission, is adequate, and touch-wood, that you'll never have to claim it.

- Again a yes on the driver's side wing mirror, which doesn't fold to it's fullest, or as snugly as the LHS one.

- The kmpl is consistent for a city driving cycle. That's what I've been measuring too, but our's is a Varicor 320Nm model. So, good to see the fuel consumption matches, despite the upwardly revision in power and torque!

Happy motoring!
Cheers.
dkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 16:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:

Just back from a ~2500 km road trip.
Bangalore -> Vijayawada -> Vizag -> Hyderabad -> Bangalore.
Good to see you getting your beast out on the highway . That ride quality is unmatched probably even by cars 2 segments up.

+1 on the right wing mirror too, doesn't fold as good as the left one. Additionally the left one on mine actually creaks too, since day 1. But hasn't failed ever in almost 3 yrs inspite of some nasty bangs and scrapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
wiper blades, wheel alignments, headlamps, disc brake shoes (relating to the one's that I got replaced, hehe) included.
Did you mean the complete headlamp cluster or only the bulb!? I discovered plastic cracks on the inside of my left headlamp but was refused replacement under Gold AMC as it was not covered!?

Last edited by avinash_m : 7th January 2019 at 16:16. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd January 2019, 20:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Nope, you can get magnetic shades though.
Here are some magnetic shades I got for my Storme. The make is "Kingsway" and Amazon permanently seems to be selling them for a discount. The experience has been good. The shades are a snug fit, the magnets are powerful, and the heat dissipation levels (without affecting visibility from inside) are really good.

Follow your heart, part II - My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2-img_20181124_145655.jpg

Follow your heart, part II - My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2-img_20181124_145519.jpg

Follow your heart, part II - My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2-img_20181124_145611.jpg
predatorwheelz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 13:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Here are some magnetic shades I got for my Storme. The make is "Kingsway" and Amazon permanently seems to be selling them for a discount. The experience has been good. The shades are a snug fit, the magnets are powerful, and the heat dissipation levels (without affecting visibility from inside) are really good.

Hi predatorwheelz

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Would you mind to share the exact amazon link for these. There are quite a few and I don't want to end up with a wrong one.

And, by any chance any suggestions for a 3D mats for Storme (only if you have personally used)?

The Storme sells so less that there are hardly any accessories available and the ones there are, the fitment is a doubt.

cheers
lazy
Old 23rd April 2019, 23:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi predatorwheelz

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Would you mind to share the exact amazon link for these. There are quite a few and I don't want to end up with a wrong one.
I'm so sorry to have missed your reply brother. Just in case you haven't got the shades as yet, here is the link to the amazon page:

https://www.amazon.in/Kingsway-kkmms.../dp/B01N32UO4I

Quote:
And, by any chance any suggestions for a 3D mats for Storme (only if you have personally used)?
Nope. Still carrying on with the cheapo mats provided by the dealer.
Old 20th May 2019, 17:33   #21
BHPian

Hello guys

A small update.
The Storme went for its 1 year service last weekend at 7900 kms.

Had nothing specific to complain about, so it was simply the booklet prescribed checks and top-ups. Major is oil and oil filter change.
Additionally, I had asked for tyre rotation, alignment and balancing.

Gave at 0930 AM, collected at 0600 PM. Service cost 4450/-.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 11:22   #22
BHPian

Hello folks

Another small update.

Just back from a quick BLR-HYD-BLR trip, a total distance of about 1250 km.
As usual the roads are awesome, and barring blinding rains around Anantapur, the drive was smooth. The countryside is so green and pretty, one really wishes to quit the polluted, dusty, crowded city life and permanently live there.

After every such trip, my confidence on the V-400 being such an apt highway cruiser is reaffirmed. At 100-120 kmph, my driving bracket, the engine is relaxed and the ride is butter smooth. Of course it can go much faster, but I don't feel safe and anyway one ends up braking because of other slow moving vehicles.

2 irritants -
- the inconsiderate non-FastTag cars crowding up the designated lane and denying FastTag cars the time/convenience advantage,
- wind noise in the Storme, for which I guess there is no solution. Will a tyre change help? (in my Jazz, overall cabin noise had come down tremendously when the OEM Michelins were replaced with Continentals MC5)

Summary - distance 1250 km, mileage 12.5 kmpl.

cheers
lazy

Last edited by lazy : 19th August 2019 at 11:30. Reason: added detail
lazy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks