Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2018, 22:20   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A year with the driver's car: Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi E Plus

That's a good read and congrats on your car. This thread should help many confused people who's got the doubt on 1.4's capability.

Keep the thread updated with your findings. Of late I have started seeing many 1.4's here.

Enjoy!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 09:39   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
This is an interesting thread. Creta E+ is very enticing. The differentiating features among variants are convenience features.

On Aliexpress, there are lots of things one can buy:
- Automatic Climate Control Module
- Map lights for the front seats
- Music system + steering controls
Apart from the above mentioned ones, there is one other feature while I will badly miss in this model, rear wash-wipe and defogger. Is there a workaround for this as well?

If all the above shortcomings can be addressed reliably and for a fair price, the Creta E Plus will be a strong alternative to a top-end Ecosport or Nexon. You get a bigger car with all the important features in place.

Just my thoughts.
Old 14th June 2018, 14:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Apart from the above mentioned ones, there is one other feature while I will badly miss in this model, rear wash-wipe and defogger. Is there a workaround for this as well?
I think retrofitting is very difficult and not worth the effort even if someone is ready to do it. Something like Rain X can be tried out
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 03:15   #34

Let me wish you sir on your buy of the 1.4L Creta. Wish you lot of happy and safe miles on your drive. Please do update us as you go along!!
yuv1th is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 21:45   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks! Any idea about changes to the facelifted 1.4E? Information very sketchy!
Old 5th August 2018, 23:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your ride and thanks for the write up as I was searching for an actual perfomance review of the 1.4 Creta. This car is on my radar along with the Ecosport, when I buy a new city car for my wife next year. I just need a higher ground clearance pseudo SUV with a good all around view and a good low end starting torque without much need of too much power, as it will purely be used in the city.

I thing I have always wondered is why hatches and suvs have a rear wiper while sedans don't have them. So if a sedan does not need it wonder why it's a must have for a small hatch form factor car?
Old 14th September 2018, 21:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Congrats Pacman2881 for the 1.4. I have the same model in white. Got it in July 2017. I got dieseltronic dual channel box installed and I'm really liking the punch in 3 gear plus no effect on the mileage. I get 15 in B2B traffic in my city. You should give the box a try. 26k but I feel it is worth if you don't want to deal with remap.
Hi!
How is the low end performance, specially in the hills? Does it void warranty? Can we plug/unplug it ourself? If yes, how easy/difficult is it?

Too many questions 😊, but please share your experience!

Regards,
- Jai
Old 15th September 2018, 01:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwarior View Post
Hi!
How is the low end performance, specially in the hills? Does it void warranty? Can we plug/unplug it ourself? If yes, how easy/difficult is it?

Regards,
- Jai
Performance in P1 is great and effect on milege is near to nil. There is enough torque in P1 mode( 2 & 3 Gear) which I believe should be able to pull the vehicle on hills. I haven't had the chance to drive it on hills. It is quite easy to plug and unplug but I don't prefer doing it myself. I usually get it unplugged from the place I purchased.
Old 15th September 2018, 06:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwarior View Post
Hi!

Regards,
- Jai
Performance in P1 is great and effect on milege is near to nil. There is enough torque in P1 mode( 2 & 3 Gear) which I believe should be able to pull the vehicle on hills. I haven't had the chance to drive it on hills. It is quite easy to plug and unplug but I don't prefer doing it myself. I usually get it unplugged from the place I purchased and it doesn't voida your warranty. I get it unplugged before giving it to service center.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:38   #40
BANNED

I am interested in either creta 1.6 petrol E+ or 1.4 diesel E+. Which would be the better option? I am not interested in high speed performance but low end performance is important.
Old 20th September 2018, 14:17   #41
BHPian

Just now booked Creta 1.4 E+ CRDI(Fiery Red) online. Let’s see how things unfold!
Old 20th September 2018, 16:06   #42
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I thing I have always wondered is why hatches and suvs have a rear wiper while sedans don't have them. So if a sedan does not need it wonder why it's a must have for a small hatch form factor car?
This article is just what you need to read: https://jalopnik.com/i-think-i-final...hav-1797183039
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 19:00   #43
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
I am not interested in high speed performance but low end performance is important.
In that case, you should simply go for the diesel though you will miss out on some features vis-à-vis the petrol variant.
Old 20th September 2018, 22:28   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
In that case, you should simply go for the diesel though you will miss out on some features vis-à-vis the petrol variant.
I have to finalize between creta 1.4 S model and verna diesel sx model. Verna has advantage of 1.6 engine n more features while creta has the advantage of being an SUV. Pls suggest
Old 20th September 2018, 23:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
I have to finalize between creta 1.4 S model and verna diesel sx model. Verna has advantage of 1.6 engine n more features while creta has the advantage of being an SUV. Pls suggest
After dwelling in similar predicament for quite some time, I finally decided to book Creta 1.4 E+. Not because I am floored by its features and specifications but simply because I can’t afford anything better. However, I am hopeful of reasonable comfort & space, and confident of Hyundai quality and RELIABILITY. What concerns me is its seemingly puny heart! We will see about that though! Maybe a dual channel RD Dieseltronic tuning box will save the day.

Best of luck for your quest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks