Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2018, 00:15   #46
BANNED

Re: A year with the driver's car: Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi E Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwarior View Post
After dwelling in similar predicament for quite some time, I finally decided to book Creta 1.4 E+. Not because I am floored by its features and specifications but simply because I can’t afford anything better. However, I am hopeful of reasonable comfort & space, and confident of Hyundai quality and RELIABILITY. What concerns me is its seemingly puny heart! We will see about that though! Maybe a dual channel RD Dieseltronic tuning box will save the day.

Best of luck for your quest.
Do keep us updated about the car. Have you planned to get any accessories installed? Did you try the verna 1.6 diesel?
Old 21st September 2018, 14:35   #47
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
I have to finalize between creta 1.4 S model and verna diesel sx model. Verna has advantage of 1.6 engine n more features while creta has the advantage of being an SUV. Pls suggest
This is something only you can decide. If you really like the SUV form factor or if you absolutely need the high GC, then you should go for the Creta 1.4. However, the Verna diesel is a better package for the amount of money you spend. You get many more features and a much better engine with the Verna. If it was me, I'd go for the Verna 1.6 diesel.
Old 21st September 2018, 15:04   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
This is something only you can decide. If you really like the SUV form factor or if you absolutely need the high GC, then you should go for the Creta 1.4. However, the Verna diesel is a better package for the amount of money you spend. You get many more features and a much better engine with the Verna. If it was me, I'd go for the Verna 1.6 diesel.
I know I am going OT.

Given the state of the roads in our cities and highways, how easy or difficult would it be to drive a Verna vs. Creta? My concern would be the GC only when I ask this question. I drive a WagonR which has good GC and I tend to be careful. But still I have had a few underbody hits/scrapes in the past. I feel, with a sedan, it will deteriorate a LOT more.

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st September 2018 at 15:06.
Old 21st September 2018, 16:51   #49
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I know I am going OT.

Given the state of the roads in our cities and highways, how easy or difficult would it be to drive a Verna vs. Creta? My concern would be the GC only when I ask this question. I drive a WagonR which has good GC and I tend to be careful. But still I have had a few underbody hits/scrapes in the past. I feel, with a sedan, it will deteriorate a LOT more.
Yes, you will be much more relaxed when driving the Creta over bad roads when compared to a low slung sedan. I haven't driven the Verna but can relate to this when comparing the Creta to my daily drive(Figo diesel) or my father's daily ride(the Jetta).

My daily drive is mostly through highways, so I really enjoy my drives in those slow slung and powerful cars. But yes, if your journey primarily is through bad patches of roads, then you may not be able to exploit the better engine of the Verna and it may make more sense to go for a Creta and compromise on the power and features. If you can manage to be a bit careful(and a bit worried) while negotiating those bad patches of roads, then you should go for the Verna and enjoy the power and the extra features.
Old 21st September 2018, 17:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
[b]Honda City - My first love
This is when it was glaringly obvious that it was not just my parents but even I am used to a commanding view of the road and the low seating was not comfortable to me either.
Haha, The City has the best seating compared to many other cars in it's segment! It's seats are high set, ingress/egress is most comfortable. I agree you don't get a commanding view out: that's because of the high set dash.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 20:03   #51
BANNED

Which will be better VFM, Creta 1.4 E+ or S model? The price difference is around 1.7 lacs plus taxation as E+ is below 10 lacs ex showroom. If i purchase E+, what all features of S model can be installed at the dealership.
Old 22nd September 2018, 07:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I thing I have always wondered is why hatches and suvs have a rear wiper while sedans don't have them. So if a sedan does not need it wonder why it's a must have for a small hatch form factor car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
This article is just what you need to read: https://jalopnik.com/i-think-i-final...hav-1797183039
I read somewhere here on T BHP that hatches create a lot of turbulence as it ends abruptly while in case of sedans the turbulence is at the end of the boot but not much near the glass area. This leads to more muck sticking to the rear window in case of hatch. From what I've seen, I tend to agree with this explanation.

Quote:
I am interested in either creta 1.6 petrol E+ or 1.4 diesel E+. Which would be the better option? I am not interested in high speed performance but low end performance is important.
If it's only torque you can look at 1.4 over 1.6 petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Haha, The City has the best seating compared to many other cars in it's segment! It's seats are high set, ingress/egress is most comfortable. I agree you don't get a commanding view out: that's because of the high set dash.
My issue was with seat height as well, as my reference point was my old Ritz and the other Pseudo SUVs in contention.

Quote:
Which will be better VFM, Creta 1.4 E+ or S model? The price difference is around 1.7 lacs plus taxation as E+ is below 10 lacs ex showroom. If i purchase E+, what all features of S model can be installed at the dealership.
Apart from Audio system, fog lamps and rear camera I am doubtful if anything else will be added by dealer. You may have to explore after market accessories for few other stuff.
Old 22nd September 2018, 09:25   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I read somewhere here on T BHP that hatches create a lot of turbulence as it ends abruptly while in case of sedans the turbulence is at the end of the boot but not much near the glass area. This leads to more muck sticking to the rear window in case of hatch. From what I've seen, I tend to agree with this explanation.

If it's only torque you can look at 1.4 over 1.6 petrol

My issue was with seat height as well, as my reference point was my old Ritz and the other Pseudo SUVs in contention.

Apart from Audio system, fog lamps and rear camera I am doubtful if anything else will be added by dealer. You may have to explore after market accessories for few other stuff.
What was the OTR when you purchased it? What extra accessories you got installed either at dealer or outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Congrats Pacman2881 for the 1.4. I have the same model in white. Got it in July 2017. I got dieseltronic dual channel box installed and I'm really liking the punch in 3 gear plus no effect on the mileage. I get 15 in B2B traffic in my city. You should give the box a try. 26k but I feel it is worth if you don't want to deal with remap.
Does installing the box void warranty?

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd September 2018 at 10:55.
Old 22nd September 2018, 10:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Does installing the box void warranty?
You can get Audio, shark fin antenna, fog and roof spoiler from dealer or from local accessory shops. I would go with E+ and get the extra accessory installed.

No, the box doesn't void your warranty. Make sure you change the setting to stock and remove the box before giving to service center.
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:26   #55
BANNED

As the dealers here dont have a 1.4 for test drive, would it be a good idea to test drive the brezza or s cross to get a feel of the smaller engine?
Old 22nd September 2018, 14:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Do keep us updated about the car. Have you planned to get any accessories installed? Did you try the verna 1.6 diesel?
Tentative delivery date is after Durga Puja.

Well, a nice set of alloys, drl with fog lamps, roof rail, headlight bulb upgrade & shark fin antenna are on the card.

I have a Blaupunk infotainment system (San Diego 530) which I had got for Brezza 2 years back - never actually got to install in the car as I let her go within one year, didn’t like the low end performance. The unit has become slightly outdated now(no Android Auto and Apple Car Play), but has satnav though. Will use it and save some bucks.

No, I didn’t try Verna, not interested in sedan right now. Though did a TD of previous generation 1.3 S-Cross. Build quality is solid but 1.3 MJD lets it down.

Last edited by sunwarior : 22nd September 2018 at 15:02.
Old 22nd September 2018, 15:05   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Tentative delivery date is after Durga Puja.

Well, a nice set of alloys, drl with fog lamps, roof rail, headlight bulb upgrade & shark fin antenna are on the card.

I have a Blaupunk infotainment system (San Diego 530) which I had got for Brezza 2 years back - never actually got to install in the car as I let her go within one year, didn’t like the low end performance. The unit has become slightly outdated now(no Android Auto and Apple Car Play), but has satnav though. Will use it and save some bucks.

No, I didn’t try Verna, not interested in sedan right now. Though did a TD of previous generation 1.3 S-Cross. Build quality is solid but 1.3 MJD lets it down.
Great. Do let me know how much the accessories and upgrades cost. What is the OTR?
Old 22nd September 2018, 16:15   #58
BHPian

OTR is likely to be 11.02 lacs with 15 years’ registration and insurance. Will try for better insurance deal.
Old 22nd September 2018, 18:29   #59
BANNED

Quote:
OTR is likely to be 11.02 lacs with 15 years’ registration and insurance. Will try for better insurance deal.
All the best. Enjoy your new set of wheels. Dont forget to keep updating about the car and the accessories costs when u get them installed.
Old 24th September 2018, 11:05   #60
BANNED

I went to hyundai showroom to enquire about 1.4 creta. Test car isnt available. E+ variant is the most VFM. The rates quoted for accessories are:
Music system with android and camera : 50000
Alloys: Starting from 32000
Fog lamps with DRL: 11000

Arent the prices too high?

Most Viewed