Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2018, 16:07   #16
BHPian

Re: My Tata Nexon Diesel XZA Plus

Congrats on your purchase. Can you share link of the floor mats that you bought?
Old 28th July 2018, 22:06   #17

Hello ..
Congrats for your new nexon ! I also bought Nexon XZA+ last month (1200km)
I want to share one issue i had with the steering. SOMETIMES , when in reverse , the steering used to get locked/ become extremely hard. I had to switch on/off the engine and then it used to become normal.
Took it to the service centre and they re-calibrated the steering. I am still in the process of testing it. Though it has not happned again since the repair.

I would definitely recommend bumper protection mouldings if you are driving in a city like mumbai
asiansids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 13:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiansids View Post
Hello ..
SOMETIMES , when in reverse , the steering used to get locked/ become extremely hard. I had to switch on/off the engine and then it used to become normal.
This happened to me as well. But with some force i could get the steering back to normal. Service centre recalibrated it and has not happened since then but the steering makes squeaking noise when i turn it to left. Service centre (Deogiri auto) could not fix this and they got approval for steering rack/column replacement from TATA. Now awaiting parts to arrive. I had already posted about this issue in the "official review" thread.
Also another issue that i face is with the touchscreen. Sometimes when i start the car, screen flickers couple of times. This does not happen everytime but it does happen for sure. Anyone else has faced similar issue?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 21:45   #19
BHPian

Did not face either of the issues mentioned above.. touch wood..

2500 Kms Update :

It has been 6 Weeks and ~2500 Kms with my Nexon Diesel Automatic. ~ 1200 KMS City and 1200 KMS Highways. In both City and Highway (State, National, 4 lane, 2 lane, 1 lane etc) the car continues to impress. I am getting a mileage of 11.5 KMPL under hard driving to ~15 KMPL under careful driving, Tankful to tankful method.

Over the last 1500 KMS, spent quite a bit of my time in Sports Mode and it is a delight. the 108 BHPm 260 NM Motor truly shows its colors in the way it accelerates. Pedal to Metal and before you realize you are touching 100, a few seconds later, you are touching 120 and then on and on and on... It doesn't feel one bit out of breath. I was able to overtake most cars with zero drama.

Handling is pretty predictable for a hatch on stilts and The interiors like I mentioned bring a smile every time I enter the cabin. Overall first 2500 Kms has been just like a honeymoon..

Last edited by charanreddy : 30th July 2018 at 21:49. Reason: Formatting changes
charanreddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 17:48   #20

Congrats on your new ride Charan! Could you update the thread? I guess you must be near 10k kms (maybe more) by now which means new data is available.
deveshshukla53 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 01:07   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Charan your last reported FE figures feel quite low when one considers the ARAI figures of 23.x. even considering hard driving and city driving.
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deveshshukla53 View Post
Congrats on your new ride Charan! Could you update the thread? I guess you must be near 10k kms (maybe more) by now which means new data is available.
Thank you. I am nearer to the 6k mark as I got busy with work and did not travel as much.

Overall, the car continues to impress. It is as solid as ever And no real problems till date.

Mileage continues to be between 11 and 12 in city. Frankly not worried as I was expecting this.

Overall, I believe the Nexon has gathered quite a bit of equity and credibility and rightly so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Charan your last reported FE figures feel quite low when one considers the ARAI figures of 23.x. even considering hard driving and city driving.
I am not sure. I was never able to get a good mileage on my prior bikes or cars as well.
Old 3rd November 2018, 19:19   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Am quite sure that either the mileage figure is incorrect or there is something wrong with the car. It is too low.
Old 4th January 2019, 14:41   #24
BHPian

6 month update : completed 8K KMS. No issue per say except some engine oil leakage identified due to a faulty oil filter. Got it changed and replaced full oil for good measure. Car continues to perform like a charm.. also got my apple car update for HU from recent service, though I use android auto only.
charanreddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 21:32   #25

charanreddy, thanks for your review. It gave me confidence to go ahead and buy one. I too am a satisfied owner of tata nexon xza+. She, or rather he, if you may say so glides like a charm on mumbai roads. I get and average of 15 to 18. Its sluggish response on eco mode is actually a boon in creeping traffic. Actually I would suggest members to try out the eco mode in bumper to bumper traffic. It chugs steadily, without jerks. It gives a better control while forcing a turn in jampacked traffic. I have confirmed from tata that you can change the driving mode on the go.
arvindprasad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 23:46   #26

It's been a couple of weeks since we got XZA+ Nexon Diesel AMT. 1200 KMS on odo now and I feel the difference, My heart went to ecosport initially but I realise that this give me sheer ride quality and road presence. Tricky to shift from reverse to drive mode at some point while taking a u turn when we have to switch between modes, but that's it. Just eats up all the bad road conditions be it potholes or humps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks