Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2018, 20:39   #61
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post

There are other issues with Hyundai now since they know Creta is already selling well and their sales people too are cocky about it.
Tell me about this! I have booked an SX Petrol AT on 30th June through Hyundai Motor Plaza (supposed to be Hyundai's regional office and own showroom). Sales guy was super responsive until the amount was paid last week. Though he said to deliver the car in a week from booking, I wanted the delivery only on July 11th. I have been trying to message/call to get a status of the delivery and he disconnects my call

Now I'm not sure if the delivery will happen on July 11. He sure spoiled my thrill and excitement of a new car..! Irony is that I'm a repeat customer; upgrading from a Grand i10 to Creta.

Last edited by Indicruz : 9th July 2018 at 20:52.
Indicruz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 07:11   #62

Booked a White Creta SX AT on July 3rd . The SA has mentioned a wait period of 2 weeks in Kerala , Looking at the wait times I am worried that they are not going to make the delivery date . Also they discounted 10K for taking insurance with them .
Old 10th July 2018, 10:46   #63
BHPian

Guys, I just got an update from HMP. It appears Hyundai is making a feature refresh and they've stopped manufacturing models with current features. Since HMP doesn't have a yard (they order vehicles only after booking and brings it from the factory a day or two before customer delivery), they asked me to wait for another 10 days.

Sales guy said that the model I booked (SX Petrol AT) is getting wireless charging. He is yet to get an update on any other features that are being added.

Last edited by Indicruz : 10th July 2018 at 10:50.
Old 10th July 2018, 12:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicruz View Post
Guys, I just got an update from HMP. It appears Hyundai is making a feature refresh and they've stopped manufacturing models with current features. Since HMP doesn't have a yard (they order vehicles only after booking and brings it from the factory a day or two before customer delivery), they asked me to wait for another 10 days.

Sales guy said that the model I booked (SX Petrol AT) is getting wireless charging. He is yet to get an update on any other features that are being added.
Do you know its just Wireless charging or any other features are going to update on SX AT variant?
Old 10th July 2018, 12:33   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
Do you know its just Wireless charging or any other features are going to update on SX AT variant?
As per him, it's just wireless charging.

However, I'm wondering what's this urgency to add wireless charging in SX variants? There are several other better features omitted and they could have added any of those or rather just give SX(O) AT! Hyundai definitely needs a special mention for their feature deciding capability!
Old 10th July 2018, 15:41   #66

Great review as usual. Planning to book the SX AT soon. Any inputs on the PDI ? Does anyone have a check list?
Old 10th July 2018, 15:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
Great review as usual. Planning to book the SX AT soon. Any inputs on the PDI ? Does anyone have a check list?
Here you go - http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list
Old 10th July 2018, 22:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to Official Reviews. Thanks for sharing!

When I & Moralfibre reviewed the Creta in 2015, we knew that it will be a success. But such a blockbuster success? Fascinating. I don't think even Hyundai expected its million+ rupee crossover to sell 9,000 - 10,000 copies a month. It's an unprecedented blockbuster of the 10+ lakh segment. The lack of any formidable competition certainly helps - there's no alternative from Maruti (no skills to develop such expensive cars), Honda (lack of focus) or Toyota (too slow).

Drive the Creta and it's easy to see why people buy it. This Hyundai is an all-rounder. I think the styling is what draws people into the showroom (women l-o-v-e the Creta too, so husband + wife automatically in agreement). Once in the showroom, a simple test-drive and the deal is sealed. The refinement is impressive and so are the engines. It's got a long list of variants, engine & transmission options. Pick & choose based on your budget & requirements.

I have a bone to pick with Hyundai though. The Korean company has always been at the forefront in providing features, be it the new Verna & its ventilated seats or the 1st-gen i20 and its 6 airbags + rear disc brakes. But man - the Creta is perhaps the only Hyundai where the company is counting its pennies. Just look at the number of missing features that you would take for granted at this price point (auto-folding ORVMs, telescopic steering, rear disc brakes, LED headlamps & tail-lamps, auto headlamps & wipers, vanity lights on the sunvisors, illuminated power window buttons, gas struts to hold the bonnet, paddle shifters on the AT….the list goes on). What makes it worse is that the cheaper Verna gets some features (e.g. ventilated seats, hands-free boot) that the Creta doesn't. Why do this to your most important car, Hyundai?
One more feature is missing I think, the retractable grab handles. Even the old 1st gen i10 had it.
God and Hyundai management knows only what F-A-T profit margin is got from Creta.
Cannily HMIL understood the mindset of Indian customers as well as the drawbacks of the competition and made Creta their cash cow.
Even I would pick the Creta any day eyes closed over the Duster, Terrano, BRV or Captur.
The only formidable opponent to Creta would be the Grand Vitarra, if MSIL ever decide to bring it to India with considerable localization.

Last edited by anu007 : 10th July 2018 at 22:53. Reason: Missed one opinion
Old 11th July 2018, 06:57   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any way to deactivate the irritating horn sounds while locking and unlocking? Sounds hellish in our quiet society!
Apologies, bumping this up myself.

Any tips on this? My sales advisor reverted saying the only option is to deactivate the alarm to horn connector
Old 11th July 2018, 09:04   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Side by side with the outgoing model. Larger grille dominates the front and gives the new car a more imposing appearance, although the older one looks classier:
Fantastic review. Thank you! btw, is the older version is tad taller than the new one ?
Old 11th July 2018, 09:20   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My sales advisor reverted saying the only option is to deactivate the alarm to horn connector
Can be done via OBD is what I think as this option was/is in a VW to a Mahindra.
Old 11th July 2018, 10:22   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies, bumping this up myself.

Any tips on this? My sales advisor reverted saying the only option is to deactivate the alarm to horn connector
VAG cars had an option to deactivate via OBD. In few international forums, people suggested to try different combinations like "hold the lock/unlock button for few seconds" etc. Do check those and try it.
Old 11th July 2018, 11:25   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Fantastic review. Thank you! btw, is the older version is tad taller than the new one ?
Height is same since there is no change in the structure.

The older generation is looking taller here because of the blue colour of the new generation that is blending into the background. Darker colours hide the stance of any car.

White vs white would give you a better picture.
Old 11th July 2018, 14:49   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
I cannot agree to this point when considering Creta. My Creta has run 55K KMS and the clutch was replaced 4 times so far. When the service engineer tried convince me that it is a driving style issue, I challenged him to give me the best driver he has for 15K kms drive within Bangalore city (I drive 40 KMS per day in peak traffic) and prove that it is the driving style issue.

My point is that the diesel clutch in Creta cannot withstand heavy traffic conditions beyond 15K KMS however best you drive. I have owned Swift and clocked 90K KMS with just one clutch replacement at 80K KMS. So it is the same driver with a different car. Only the car is the problem here and not the driver.
Fully Second this view. I have been driving for 15 years and my earlier vehicle was a VW Vento diesel whose clutch, even though hard never failed in 5 years . In my new Creta, I had vehicle stranded due to clutch failure in jut 8500 km and 10 months. Of course it was replaced under warranty but the process was not very smooth ( had to escalate to Hyundai ASM) . I would request members knowledgeable on clutch technology to comment on :
1. Is it a issue of abrasive coating on the clutch plate ? Is Hyundai cutting costs here? I understand Verna diesel owners also have premature clutch failure issues
2. Is it a technology issue ? ( Vento had Dual Clutch )
saaicon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 16:02   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicruz View Post

Any update on this, as I also booked the petrol automatic and schedule to be delivered in next 10 days?

Most Viewed