Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th June 2020, 12:40   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I have an X1 xDrive 20d. I have been noticing a jarring feel from the front suspension both sides when the wheels go over ruts like uneven expansion joints or slightly raised slabs on the road at a medium speed and above.
Could be due to lot of factors. Mileage on the car, tyre pressures, defective suspension struts or warped springs, etc. etc. Need to isolate all the possibilities one by one, starting with the obvious that is tyre pressures. Forget what is written on the door jams about the pressures recommended, try to feel it on your everyday route and increase/decrease point by point. In your case I feel its over inflated, and reducing the pressure somewhat might help. Runflats are known to be harder in absorbing bumps and you could consider going the tubeless way if that's an option for you. Being a lighter car, the issue you claim does sound like a pressure or tyre issue to me. Hope this helps.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 13:06   #152
BHPian

Default Re: BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!

Quote:
Runflats are known to be harder in absorbing bumps and you could consider going the tubeless way if that's an option for you.
Thank you for the response. I am running on Michelin Primacy 4 225/50 R18 tubeless tyres. They are not runflats and they are very silent wit regard to road noise. You are quite right. When I reduce the pressure to 30 psi the jarring feel does not occur but I try to go by 32 psi on all 4 wheels as I feel this is the standard and gives the best of economy, safety and driving comfort. The door mentions 33 psi I believe.

The car was bought in 2019 and has run less than 10,000 kms. It's not used that frequently.

Last edited by alphahere : 11th June 2020 at 13:09.

Most Viewed