Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2020, 12:40   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I have an X1 xDrive 20d. I have been noticing a jarring feel from the front suspension both sides when the wheels go over ruts like uneven expansion joints or slightly raised slabs on the road at a medium speed and above.
Could be due to lot of factors. Mileage on the car, tyre pressures, defective suspension struts or warped springs, etc. etc. Need to isolate all the possibilities one by one, starting with the obvious that is tyre pressures. Forget what is written on the door jams about the pressures recommended, try to feel it on your everyday route and increase/decrease point by point. In your case I feel its over inflated, and reducing the pressure somewhat might help. Runflats are known to be harder in absorbing bumps and you could consider going the tubeless way if that's an option for you. Being a lighter car, the issue you claim does sound like a pressure or tyre issue to me. Hope this helps.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 13:06   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Runflats are known to be harder in absorbing bumps and you could consider going the tubeless way if that's an option for you.
Thank you for the response. I am running on Michelin Primacy 4 225/50 R18 tubeless tyres. They are not runflats and they are very silent wit regard to road noise. You are quite right. When I reduce the pressure to 30 psi the jarring feel does not occur but I try to go by 32 psi on all 4 wheels as I feel this is the standard and gives the best of economy, safety and driving comfort. The door mentions 33 psi I believe.

The car was bought in 2019 and has run less than 10,000 kms. It's not used that frequently.

Last edited by alphahere : 11th June 2020 at 13:09.
Old 17th August 2020, 00:19   #153

Hi,
I just got my wipers changed as part of yearly package, and also got my first service of BMW X1 BS6 Petrol done, @Navnit Thane, But did you feel a difference after first service :

- My wipers are now stuttering on auto mode ( Also , does BMW keep old wipers in the car like other companies ?)
- The gear shift has become more evident, i can feel the gear shifts now in comfort mode while earlier it was a very smooth transition
- Suspension : i think everyone already mentioned, but it has actually become better and smoother after the first service which came in at 4000km but 1 year.
- Horn and Tailgate are still very hard to honk/Close respectively as you mentioned in your intial posts.

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd August 2020, 00:49   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddylaw View Post
Hi,
I just got my wipers changed as part of yearly package, and also got my first service of BMW X1 BS6 Petrol done, @Navnit Thane, But did you feel a difference after first service :

- My wipers are now stuttering on auto mode ( Also , does BMW keep old wipers in the car like other companies ?)
- The gear shift has become more evident, i can feel the gear shifts now in comfort mode while earlier it was a very smooth transition
- Suspension : i think everyone already mentioned, but it has actually become better and smoother after the first service which came in at 4000km but 1 year.
- Horn and Tailgate are still very hard to honk/Close respectively as you mentioned in your intial posts.

Thanks in advance
I have replaced my wipers with Bosch Aerotwins on both sides. They seem to wipe really well if not better than the BMW ones. And they were definitely cheaper than the BMW ones. I replaced the original ones when I had to change the windshield due to a stone hit. I have my original wipers with me because I changed them myself.
For me at least the gear shifts were always evident but not obtrusive. But mine's a diesel torque monster. I would say it is quite smooth and no complaints. The suspension still irritates me over sharp ruts. It clanks quite loudly if met with an unexpected pothole. The sound is as if the shocks are hitting their max stops in an undamped manner.
The horn is not actually hard to honk. There is just that fraction of a delay in pressing the horn on the steering wheel to the the time it actually sounds. So I get feeling that the horn button is not really directly connected to the horn as in other cars. It just sends a signal to the control unit that the driver wants to honk and the control unit sends a short beep to sound the horn.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 19:46   #155
BHPian

Hey there. Has anyone fitted mudflaps on their F48 ? im looking for a set if anyone knows where to get them from in India . Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 21:33   #156
BHPian

Hi
My X1 has completed 10K kms recently after 1.5 years of purchase. Do I need to get the wheel alignment/balancing done? The alignment seems to be perfectly alright. Also is it recommended to go to the ASS for this? Or outside tire shops work just fine for RFTs.
Old 19th December 2020, 21:59   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
My X1 has completed 10K kms recently after 1.5 years of purchase. Do I need to get the wheel alignment/balancing done? The alignment seems to be perfectly alright. Also is it recommended to go to the ASS for this? Or outside tire shops work just fine for RFTs.
Yes. It is better to do alignment and rotation. You can get it done at outside shop. As there is no reason to remove the tires from the wheels, no need to worry about capability to deal with RFTs.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 10:46   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
No need to do alignment if its perfectly fine. Just do wheel rotation every 10,000 Kms. I would prefer BMW Workshop as they have correct tools, car lift and technical data.

Earlier I used to do alignment, rotation and balancing every 5,000 Kms.

With BMW its now
Alignment: Do when its not proper.
Rotation: Every 10,000 Kms
Balancing: Only when you unmount tyre from alloy rim

Same followed on other cars in garage.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:32   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
Hey there. Has anyone fitted mudflaps on their F48 ? im looking for a set if anyone knows where to get them from in India . Thanks
Hey. Yes I have had the mud flaps fitted on my F48 M Sport. I had sourced them from the dealer itself - Navnit Motors.

Alternatively you can source them from Bodomo and have them installed from an FNG.

Hi

What are the recommendations for RFTs for the F48 M Sport. Also any recommendations on tyre dealers in Mumbai (preferably South/Central Mumbai) with whom an order can be placed considering the supply scenario.

My current Pirellis have done 42k kms in 3 years and are due for a change.

Thanks.

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd December 2020 at 22:02.
milin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 21:10   #160

Hello Everyone,

After a lot of thinking and after carefully reviewing number of threads & posts, I have decided to go ahead with BMW X1 and planning to initiate the booking process tomorrow.
I have finalised the SportX Petrol as I really didn't see any technical difference between the XLine and MSport to justify the additional few Lakhs of rupees.
Couple of points where I am looking for advise from the experts are as below.
1) Key points to should be kept in mind during booking process.
2) My annual mileage is approximately 10k kms. What service package should I opt for? Service inclusive basic or service inclusive plus.
3) Should I take BRI?
4) There is also a VPC package (value package cover). Should that also be taken.
5) Specific points in PDI that need to be checked
6) Any other advise.

Ur inputs will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Old 27th December 2020, 17:22   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh1977 View Post
1) Key points to should be kept in mind during booking process.
Getting maximum discount and pitching two or more dealers to get best quote.

Quote:
2) My annual mileage is approximately 10k kms. What service package should I opt for?
10 years / 1,00,000 Lakh Kms

Quote:
Service inclusive basic or service inclusive plus.
Service Inclusive Plus. Enjoy the car to the fullest.

Quote:
3) Should I take BRI?
Yes. 6 yrs is the maximum.

Quote:
4) There is also a VPC package (value package cover). Should that also be taken.
What is that?

Quote:
5) Specific points in PDI that need to be checked
Visit Stockyard and do the PDI. See how much kms driven and any faults you find, say paintwork scratches.
Old 15th January 2021, 14:12   #162
BHPian

What can be a good price for a BMW X1 sdrive20d Expedition Sept. 2017 35000kms? BRI and BSI valid until August 2021 and the BMW dealer is offering to extend BSI (INR 1.3L for 3 years)

The Quote is INR 23Lacs.

Tyres are new. What should be the best price?
Old 18th January 2021, 14:36   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Update @ 8,600 Kms on the ODO

First oil change service was carried out yesterday. Engine oil / Oil filter / Air filter / AC filter were replaced. Total cost including labor was Rs.21,800/- which was covered under BSI.

Attachment 1807871
Attachment 1807872

I have purchased BSI Basic package covering 80K Kms / 5 years @ Rs. 1.78L including tax. This covers Engine oil including top-up if required / Oil filter / Fuel filter / Air filter / AC filter / Brake fluid / Labor charges for the period covered. Considering an approximate 9 oil change service, Brake fluid change twice and Fuel filter replacement during alternate service (?), this should be a win-win situation.

[ATTACH=X1-Service Inclusive.pdf]1807873[/ATTACH]

I have been using BMW Diesel additive since the beginning and find it really worthwhile. Therefore, I purchased them in bulk at a discount of 11%. Will use it during alternate fuel fill.

Service experience at BMW Navnit Motors (Airport road) was excellent. I was given an appointment for 11am and the car was delivered back at 3pm. I did not opt for wheel alignment and body wash. Place has decent customer lounge and services. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Enjoying the drive to the hilt!!
Hi Chethan, I got my X1 serviced last week under BSI plus. This was my 1st service, they didnt issue me any document(Invoice) pertaining to this service. After having probed they shared the vehicle service history mentioning just Engine oil change and Oil filter change plus labor for both. I had two questions for you, 1) Is this a normal practice for cars under BSI plus, i.e. no invoice provided as everything is already paid for 2) What should definitely be covered under the 1st or subsequent service as default under the BSI plus package.

My car has run 5600kms (low running primarily due to WFH and covid) over the last 12 months.
Old 31st January 2021, 00:17   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
What can be a good price for a BMW X1 sdrive20d Expedition Sept. 2017 35000kms? BRI and BSI valid until August 2021 and the BMW dealer is offering to extend BSI (INR 1.3L for 3 years)

The Quote is INR 23Lacs.

Tyres are new. What should be the best price?
I got the same model Aug 2016 25000kms in Sept 2019 for 19 lacs. Tyres weren't new and BRI and BSI weren't there. The condition was great. Due to the new tyres and BRI/BSI, i believe around 21 lacs is good value.
Achalchoukhany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:53   #165
BHPian

I have been TD multiple SUV/crossovers and am close to deciding on the X1. I have to decide the Trim and fuel variant. My usage is around 12-15k per year with 80% on city traffic. I intend to keep the car for atleast 6 years(which has been the case for the last three cars).

So my questions are
1. Would petrol be fine (I didnt find any significant difference, although the torque is nice at higher speeds)
2. The Audio HU in the xline comes with Apple Carplay, and I am only into Android, so is it ok, to go with the SportX variant. Is there an easy way to upgrade (primarily due to integrated Google Maps as I use that heavily)
3. I am planning a company lease, so will the BSI+ make sense

Most Viewed