Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 16:53   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!

Congrats Chethan! Nice colour combination. BMW is the natural next stop for all VW owners Current X1 looks very good compared to previous model. It looks as premium as X3 inside out. Enjoyed your Jetta posts and looking forward to reading about your experience with X1.
androdev is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 16:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congrats Chethan! Nice colour combination. BMW is the natural next stop for all VW owners Current X1 looks very good compared to previous model. It looks as premium as X3 inside out. Enjoyed your Jetta posts and looking forward to reading about your experience with X1.
Audi will not like that statement!
ajmat is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 17:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats once again Chethan on your new X1 and congrats on the superb review as well. Loved those detailed technical explanations.

Not an easy job upgrading from cars like Jetta/ Laura / Octavia and as you rightly pointed out, VW group need to come up with products that can keep owners within the brand. They would like to believe that Audi is the next logical step, but no matter how satisfied customers are with their Jetta's , they are not walking into Audi showrooms! BMW I am sure would have liked VW to have sold more Jettas!

Drive safe and enjoy your new BMW. We will look forward to your regular updates. Surprisingly Navnit's service support has been excellent so far for me. Hope your experience is a positive one as well. SUV's sure are taking over the planet.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 26th July 2018 at 17:21.
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 17:46   #19
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the new X1 and the fantastic review, Chethan. Wishing you tens of thousands of miles and smiles. The car looks fantastic in white and those alloys are just Superb!

Like Santhosh mentioned, BMW looks like the right upgrade for Jetta owners - Tanveer, me and now you. Guess iliketurtles is next in line

You made the perfect choice in going for the M-Sport trim. Those M Sport suspensions are a perfect balance between comfort and handling. It is great that BMW provided proper M Sport suspensions with the X1 M Sport. The regular suspensions are too soft and I hated them on my GT.

It is just sad that BMW keeps removing features here and there in all the cars - like the lack of cruise control and front parking sensors in your X1, lack of M Sport suspensions in my GT etc. But I think we have to just ignore these misses and enjoy the best of the cars.

Once again, Congratulations mate!
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 21:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Thanks for the very detailed review Chetan -what a great way to start the day!
Thanks Atul. My pleasure!

Quote:
Very happy to hear also of the good experience with BMW BLR dealer Navneet Motors - this is the make or break experience - especially on a high end motor such as the X1.

In-fact, I was very impressed on how they owned up and resolved the Apple Carplay situation for you. Top marks to them.
Absolutely! It is reassuring to know that the voice of the Customer is heard. It is important that the commitments are honoured in business; Kudos to BMW and Navnit Motors.

Quote:
While VW may not have had a proper upgrade for you from Jetta, BMW surely has many - if the dealership experience continues this way, I fear you will own BMWs for life
You bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Excellent Opening post, write up, pictures & a very technically detailed review of the F48 X1.

Enjoy !
Thanks for your kind words Karan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Congrats on your drive, get the moulded rubber mats from your dealer rather than Kagu
Thanks bottle!

I am not a fan of the rubber mats. I have been using 3D Kagu mats from the last 9 years; very easy to maintain and looks great. Sports mats which comes along with X1 is of superb quality and we love it. Gets dirty during rainy season but is easily washable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by br_876 View Post
Congrats on your new drive Chetan ji. Looks awesome! This interior and exterior colour combination is my favourite on any BMW.
Thanks a lot br_876 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by br_876 View Post
I'm surprised you didn't test drive the XC40.
IMO, purchasing a new car is usually not a straight forward exercise. There are lot of things, sometimes things we read between the lines, which matter. After visiting Volvo stockyard and the service centre, I was a bit disappointed. Later, after test driving X1, I was so much satisfied that I honestly didn’t care to look beyond. XC40 was not yet launched; if the vehicle was readily available for TD, I would have checked it even before V60. In-fact, the first day we visited Volvo showroom, we wanted to TD XC40. We didn’t know that it was yet to be launched or the TD vehicles were not available.

XC40 / V40 are all designed keeping youngsters in mind. I am a bit old school. XC60 is something I liked, if only I could afford!

All these cars are excellent; one can buy only one at a time!

After having bought X1, will I miss XC40? Honestly NO.
If I had bought XC40, would I have missed X1? Yes! That too definitely after test-driving X1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Congrats on your new car!

Excellent detailed review.
Thanks a lot Chiraj!

Quote:
Since you already had a Volkswagen and considered the Passat and Tiguan, why didn't you look at cars from Skoda? Was the Kodiaq too big for your requirements?
Yes. My requirement is both for highway and the city. Also, I would prefer VW over Skoda for service any given day.

Quote:
It's good to see that you are getting good service from Navnit Motors. Hope that continues for long and hope they keep their word on Apple CarPlay.
They have been honest and I have faith that they will.

Quote:
Btw, where were the exterior shots of the X1 taken?
This place is between Ramanagara and Savanadurga. Nice location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Wishing you lots of trouble free miles with your favourite machine.
Thanks a ton ToyotaFan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Lovely review - As a fellow manual 2012 Jetta TDI owner, i completely related with what you probably were probably going through in your head, it really is a great car to own and live with. Wish you a great experience with the X1.
Thanks a lot Motoringlover!

Quote:
Could you please consider sharing your impressions of driving the car in traffic, especially from a Bangalore perspective, my car is also entering the 6th year and hence a thought after reading your thread.
X1 is physically wider than Jetta, but very nimble on its feet. Engine is peppy and very easy to zip through traffic; easier than Jetta to find a parking space. FE is about 10-11 Kmpl in city traffic. It is perfectly livable in the city, considering that these cars are typically enjoyed on the highways.

Quote:
Have you opted for any maintenance package? Sorry i am not familiar with the BMW options.
I have taken 5 year / 80k Kms basic service package. This covers Engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, AC filter and brake fluid. Other consumables like clutch plates and brake pads are charged. This costed me approximately INR 1.75 L.

My driving style does not warrant clutch / brake pad wear too often. Therefore, I am not taking the Service plus package which is exorbitantly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Thanks a lot Androdev for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Congrats once again Chethan on your new X1 and congrats on the superb review as well. Loved those detailed technical explanations.
Thanks Santosh. Your inputs were very helpful.

Quote:
Not an easy job upgrading from cars like Jetta/ Laura / Octavia and as you rightly pointed out, VW group need to come up with products that can keep owners within the brand. They would like to believe that Audi is the next logical step, but no matter how satisfied customers are with their Jetta's , they are not walking into Audi showrooms! BMW I am sure would have liked VW to have sold more Jettas!
You bet! BMW’s sales funnel will have a lot of VW-Jetta owners!

Quote:
Drive safe and enjoy your new BMW. We will look forward to your regular updates. Surprisingly Navnit's service support has been excellent so far for me. Hope your experience is a positive one as well. SUV's sure are taking over the planet.
Thanks Santosh. Will definitely update the thread regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations on the new X1 and the fantastic review, Chethan. Wishing you tens of thousands of miles and smiles. The car looks fantastic in white and those alloys are just Superb!
Thanks Ganesh! Your 3GT ownership thread has been a great inspiration.

Quote:
You made the perfect choice in going for the M-Sport trim. Those M Sport suspensions are a perfect balance between comfort and handling. It is great that BMW provided proper M Sport suspensions with the X1 M Sport. The regular suspensions are too soft and I hated them on my GT.
Suspensions and the Remap were the two upgrades I had on the Jetta. With Sports mode and the Msport suspensions in the X1, that money is already saved!

Quote:
It is just sad that BMW keeps removing features here and there in all the cars - like the lack of cruise control and front parking sensors in your X1, lack of M Sport suspensions in my GT etc. But I think we have to just ignore these misses and enjoy the best of the cars.

Once again, Congratulations mate!
I am sure Volvo will give a good fight for the big German three, which is good for the Customers. Volvo cars really set the bar as far as features are concerned.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BSI+ or Repair Broucher.pdf (1,005.5 KB, 1524 views)
File Type: pdf X1-Service Inclusive.pdf (225.3 KB, 660 views)

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th July 2018 at 03:26. Reason: editing attachment tag
Chethan B G is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 01:19   #21
BHPian

Big congrats on the ride! Seems like BMW has silently updated the X1 intensively. I happen to be a fellow F48 X1 xLine xDrive owner and the interiors on this, the iDrive is way too better! Enjoy and lots of happy miles ahead. If you dont mind can you PM me the ex-showroom you got the car for? Cheers!
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 02:29   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your new machine sir. Wishing you many happy miles ahead. Could you share the cost sheet and any discounts which were offered?
Also, just one question, why didn't you consider the Kodiaq. It probably would cost a bit cheaper and is much better equipped.
Akshitsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post

X1 xDrive 20d M Sport
Congrats Chethan on your latest acquisition

I have followed your Jetta ownership and mods thread, and this probably was the perfect upgrade. Although the White is timeless, you did not consider the Sporty Blue shade since this was M Sport?

Wish you a very happy and fuss free motoring in the Motorad
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Big congrats on the ride! Seems like BMW has silently updated the X1 intensively. I happen to be a fellow F48 X1 xLine xDrive owner and the interiors on this, the iDrive is way too better! Enjoy and lots of happy miles ahead. If you dont mind can you PM me the ex-showroom you got the car for? Cheers!
Thanks a lot AdiSingh. iDrive touch screen is awesome. Until now, I thought Apple made some of the best screens, this is at par if not better. Touch experience is excellent too.

After discount Ex-showroom price was 40L for 2018 manufactured X1 Msport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshitsi View Post
Congrats on your new machine sir. Wishing you many happy miles ahead. Could you share the cost sheet and any discounts which were offered?
Thanks a lot Akshitsi.

Unfortunately I have not kept the price list. You can get it on BMW official website. IFAIR, the Ex-showroom list price was INR 44.5L and OTR list price was around INR 57.5L when I purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshitsi View Post
Also, just one question, why didn't you consider the Kodiaq. It probably would cost a bit cheaper and is much better equipped.
Power/Torque is very ordinary. I don't need a third row seat. Also, I would prefer VW to Skoda for service any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Chethan on your latest acquisition

I have followed your Jetta ownership and mods thread, and this probably was the perfect upgrade. Although the White is timeless, you did not consider the Sporty Blue shade since this was M Sport?

Wish you a very happy and fuss free motoring in the Motorad
Thanks a lot Vikram!

Mineral white is a shade different than chalk white. It has that pearl effect in the shade. Color also turns half-white like that of a pearl in shade and during evening hours. We loved it.
Chethan B G is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 23:13   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride.The white color looks fantastic!! Loved the silhouettes comparison.

Are those alloys optional or standard for the sports model?

Wishing you luck and safe miles with the car for years to come!!
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 04:29   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, and thanks for the wonderfully detailed review. The car is clearly very well equipped - the only shocking omission is the lack of front sensors. Am surprised you could not push BMW for a larger discount - but I guess that was because you wanted a 2018 car while 2017 stock is still around. Wish you many many miles of joyful motoring.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 13:19   #27

Great choice of car and fantastic review Chetan. The comparison that you did with the earlier X1 is so true in terms of the awkward proportions.

Wish you many miles of happy motoring. Drive safe.
eastwind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 15:52   #28
BHPian

Nice review of a Fantastic car! I have a wonderful 2 years of experience on my mineral while MSport. Completely agree on the drive and handling, though ride is a little firm on pointed edges. How I wish I had the cruise control, reverse camera in my MSport.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 19:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Congratulations on the new ride.The white color looks fantastic!! Loved the silhouettes comparison.

Are those alloys optional or standard for the sports model?

Wishing you luck and safe miles with the car for years to come!!
Thanks a lot Francis!

Alloys are standard with MSport. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Congrats, and thanks for the wonderfully detailed review. The car is clearly very well equipped - the only shocking omission is the lack of front sensors. Am surprised you could not push BMW for a larger discount - but I guess that was because you wanted a 2018 car while 2017 stock is still around. Wish you many many miles of joyful motoring.
Thanks a lot Hayek. Local taxes are very high in Karnataka. My OTR after discount was 50L. This includes TCS of 40K for which I will receive a certificate. Therefore, in effect, the OTR is 49.60L

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-navnit-motors-price-list.jpg

This is about 7.5L discount from the list price for a 2018 model. In Bombay, with the same Ex-showroom price and % of discounts, OTR would have been about 2-3L cheaper?

And off-course, for a 2017 model without Infotainment updates such as Touch screen and Apple CarPlay, I could have got the OTR down by another couple of lakh.

Ex-showroom 40L + Extras = 50L OTR is similar to the present XC40's launch price.

Added to that, I got the exact color combination I wanted. That was an added bonus as the car had to be in Dealer's stock to avail discounts. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
Great choice of car and fantastic review Chetan. The comparison that you did with the earlier X1 is so true in terms of the awkward proportions.

Wish you many miles of happy motoring. Drive safe.
Thanks a lot Eastwind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Nice review of a Fantastic car! I have a wonderful 2 years of experience on my mineral while MSport. Completely agree on the drive and handling, though ride is a little firm on pointed edges. How I wish I had the cruise control, reverse camera in my MSport.
Thanks a lot Nurni. Your ownership thread was an inspiration. My car does not have the storage space in the rear seat hand-rest, which is available in your car.
Chethan B G is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 20:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
[b]

1. Dead pedal – size, angle and positioning.
2. Piano type Accelerator pedal – Infact, none of the other cars I considered had this!
3. Excellent packaging of interior space with top-notch built quality.
4. Excellent colour combination – Mineral white exterior with Mocha Interiors and black roofline.
5. Panoramic sunroof!!! - Creates a sense of open space.
6. Driver side door need not be opened to release bonnet. Convenient during security checks at malls.
7. Heat insulated glass all round with 70% visibility. Love this!
8. Cubby storage space under the front seats and in the dashboard - Cool!
9. Digital Compass on the infotainment display! – Perfect.
10. TPMS shows individual tyre pressure and temperature too.
!!

Chetan, quick query my car has a TPMS but doesn't show the tyre pressure and temp. It just shows if all tyres are fine on pressure and indicates a warning if pressure of any tyre is not enough. Is this feature part of the 2018 X1 or is it available in the earlier version and I haven't figured out😀

Also your maps look different from mine, I guess I can get a software upgrade for mine as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks