Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 23:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!

Update @ 8,600 Kms on the ODO

First oil change service was carried out yesterday. Engine oil / Oil filter / Air filter / AC filter were replaced. Total cost including labor was Rs.21,800/- which was covered under BSI.

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-img0139.jpg
BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-img0140.jpg

I have purchased BSI Basic package covering 80K Kms / 5 years @ Rs. 1.78L including tax. This covers Engine oil including top-up if required / Oil filter / Fuel filter / Air filter / AC filter / Brake fluid / Labor charges for the period covered. Considering an approximate 9 oil change service, Brake fluid change twice and Fuel filter replacement during alternate service (?), this should be a win-win situation.

[ATTACH=X1-Service Inclusive.pdf]1807873[/ATTACH]

I have been using BMW Diesel additive since the beginning and find it really worthwhile. Therefore, I purchased them in bulk at a discount of 11%. Will use it during alternate fuel fill.

Service experience at BMW Navnit Motors (Airport road) was excellent. I was given an appointment for 11am and the car was delivered back at 3pm. I did not opt for wheel alignment and body wash. Place has decent customer lounge and services. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Enjoying the drive to the hilt!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf X1-Service Inclusive.pdf (225.3 KB, 870 views)
Chethan B G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 09:12   #77
BHPian

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Update @ 8,600 Kms on the ODO

First oil change service was carried out yesterday. Engine oil / Oil filter / Air filter / AC filter were replaced. Total cost including labor was Rs.21,800/- which was covered under BSI.
To me, this looks a very reasonable service cost for a 50 lakh rupee automobile that is clocking km at a rapid rate

Nice to see BMW not peddling ac vent cleaning, windscreen wiper fluid, et all!

Another 2000 for wheel alignment and balancing done outside rounds it all up quite nicely.

How did X1 perform on the drive to Goa with passengers and luggage?
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 13:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
To me, this looks a very reasonable service cost for a 50 lakh rupee automobile that is clocking km at a rapid rate

Nice to see BMW not peddling ac vent cleaning, windscreen wiper fluid, et all!

Another 2000 for wheel alignment and balancing done outside rounds it all up quite nicely.
Exactly my thoughts too!

Coincidentally, the first service was within 4 months, rather the last day of the fourth month!

Also, there has not been any oil consumption until date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
How did X1 perform on the drive to Goa with passengers and luggage?
Ride was surprisingly planted! There were 5 people on board with boot packed with luggage and I felt that the car handled much better. I had 36 Psi tyre pressure all round and RFTs behaved quite okay!

Engine / GB performance was outstanding! Car just zips through and was real fun. I used paddle shifts extensively. Total blissful distance clocked during the journey was about 1500 Kms.

Some random pictures of Goa taken on GoPro Hero 7 Black:

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0050.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0051.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0054.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0074.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0075.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0076.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0094.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0096.jpg

BMW X1 (F48) xDrive 20d M-Sport : My favorite machine!-gopr0105.jpg
Chethan B G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 15:01   #79
BHPian

Congrats on the X1 Chethan. The car looks amazing
BMW part prices in India seem really expensive to Europe in comparison.
The Microfilter for example would cost a max of 3000 INR in Europe.
After coming to Europe I realise we in India are being over charged for parts from the three premium marques.
vigneshram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 15:08   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
After coming to Europe I realise we in India are being over charged for parts from the three premium marques.
Well, we have to factor in the higher taxes (import duties, etc) plus transportation cost and add to that the less demand (thus less sale) for these parts. Sometimes these parts are brought in by air and thus adding to the landed cost even further.

For Europe there are less overheads and high supply hence they are relatively cheaper.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 15:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quick question for X1 owners, the car used to crash on relatively smaller pot holes and rough roads and was told at the showroom that it was due to the run flat tyres. Even in the first week car hit a relatively small pothole and fractured the side wall. This became marginally better after a few months

Recently I gave car for first service and I'm not sure what was done and there is a huge and drastic improvement in suspension and how it handles bumps it just glides over them. Previously car was un driveable on bad roads now it manages with aplomb.

Service center maintains nothing was done. Was wondering if anyone could offer any insights.
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 15:39   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Quick question for X1 owners, the car used to crash on relatively smaller pot holes and rough roads and was told at the showroom that it was due to the run flat tyres. Even in the first week car hit a relatively small pothole and fractured the side wall. This became marginally better after a few months

Recently I gave car for first service and I'm not sure what was done and there is a huge and drastic improvement in suspension and how it handles bumps it just glides over them. Previously car was un driveable on bad roads now it manages with aplomb.

Service center maintains nothing was done. Was wondering if anyone could offer any insights.
Is this something related to the stupidity done by dealers by not removing suspension blocks, as mentioned in the Skoda Octavia vRS thread below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nsporting.html (Skoda forgot to advise dealers to remove vRS suspension blocks (used for transporting))
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 18:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post

That is surprising!

During first 1000 Kms, ride was harsh; after that it gradually improved. I have always maintained 34 Psi for the front wheels and 32 Psi for the rear wheels. With full load, I keep 35 Psi / 36 Psi.

What is the tyre pressure you maintain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Is this something related to the stupidity done by dealers by not removing suspension blocks, as mentioned in the Skoda Octavia vRS thread below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nsporting.html (Skoda forgot to advise dealers to remove vRS suspension blocks (used for transporting))
During PDI, I had specifically inquired about this and was informed that there will be no transportation blocks on suspension for X1. Later, when we checked the under chassis, there wasn't any.

Update: Gearbox ECU learns driving pattern / driver's behavior and accordingly varies shift logic. After driving extensively in city B2B traffic / over a period of time, it helps to reset Gearbox ECU. Procedure is as below:

1. Without stepping on the Brake pedal, press the Start/Stop button to turn-on the Accessories. Wait for 2 seconds.

2. Depress and hold the Accelerator pedal to the floor for 5 secs.

3. Continue to hold the Accelerator pedal to the floor and press Start/Stop button to turn-off the Power / Accessories.

4. Remove the foot from the Accelerator pedal and wait for 2 mins (60 secs).

5. Start the engine like normal and drive off.

This procedure will reduce hesitation during acceleration if any and get back the Gearbox to factory settings. I have tried this and it works!
Chethan B G is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 20:23   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried this and it works!

Hi Chethan,
I am amazed by your every input and I think you are right. Elsewhere I have mentioned about my problem with 3GT and service center, due to coding. When I was driving back home after all that chaos, I felt the car’s behavior different, much more responsive and eager to accelerate. I was wondering what the hell happened after brake oil change. Now I can connect, they did gear ECU reset resulting factory setting to the gear ECU.
Never thought about this, hats off to you man !

I am sure tomorrow BMW owners will try this

Cheers,
Sail
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 10:18   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post

l]
Had this same doubt but SA said this is not done!

Quote:
That is surprising!

During first 1000 Kms, ride was harsh; after that it gradually improved. I have always maintained 34 Psi for the front wheels and 32 Psi for the rear wheels. With full load, I keep 35 Psi / 36 Psi.

What is the tyre pressure you maintain?

During PDI, I had specifically inquired about this and was informed that there will be no transportation blocks on suspension for X1. Later, when we checked the under chassis, there wasn't any.

When I got the car delivered , i got 2 tyres with 42psi and 2 with 14 psi and TPMS started screaming before I could reach home then I called up the showroom who advised me to use 33psi all around

Upon first inspection around 2k kms when I complained on the harsh ride I was told that it was due to the RFT's and was told to use 31psi but ride remained bad. It gradually improved but was still to me a bit of a night mare. I have a Polo GT and the ride was really harsh compared to that.

I had experiemented with various pressures and ended up using 26psi

At 7k kms I got oil warning light and tried a different service center and after that the difference in ride was night and day. The difference was noticable within 10 meters of leaving the showroom, it was that pronounced. (31psi pressure was filled by service center

I called the SA to ask if any work was done and he said no nothing was done and BMW doesnt use transport blocks.

He did say they grease the suspension which may help and ride would again become harsh later. This is something I would have expected to hear 10 years ago at other brands but not at BMW. I have since completed 2k kms and ride is still good.

Quote:
Update: Gearbox ECU learns driving pattern / driver's behavior and accordingly varies shift logic. After driving extensively in city B2B traffic / over a period of time, it helps to reset Gearbox ECU. Procedure is as below:
Thanks for the tip will try it out
bottle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 07:26   #86
BHPian

Chetan, thanks for keeping your ownership thread updated.

Recently, the X1 has been launched in a sDrive 20i guise. There seems to be a new dual clutch 7speed gear box. The iDrive screen is 6.5inch and there are paddle shifters.
Am waiting for a test drive.
What’s been the experience/ feedback with this new engine-gearbox combo?
docsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 14:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsr View Post
Chetan, thanks for keeping your ownership thread updated.

Recently, the X1 has been launched in a sDrive 20i guise. There seems to be a new dual clutch 7speed gear box. The iDrive screen is 6.5inch and there are paddle shifters.
Am waiting for a test drive.
What’s been the experience/ feedback with this new engine-gearbox combo?
Hi Docsr,

Even though B46 Petrol engine is new for India, it is being used extensively in USA. 7 Speed DCT is a new addition and will come with electronic gear shift.

IMO, with 6 year warranty, you can enjoy the car to the hilt!

Please go through this link for details including training manuals for X1 (F48) with B46 Petrol engine.

All the best!!
Old 24th November 2018, 20:23   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Docsr,

Even though B46 Petrol engine is new for India, it is being used extensively in USA. 7 Speed DCT is a new addition and will come with electronic gear shift.

IMO, with 6 year warranty, you can enjoy the car to the hilt!

Please go through this link for details including training manuals for X1 (F48) with B46 Petrol engine.

All the best!!
The X1 too comes with the B48 engine, like the Cooper S. I think the B46 is mainly used in the US, its pretty much the same but with better emissions I believe.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 21:59   #89
BHPian

Hello,
Has anybody received a call from their dealership regarding the global recall ( https://auto.ndtv.com/news/bmw-to-re...hazard-1936253 ) concerning BMW diesel engines?

My uncle, who owns a 2017 X1 diesel, recieved a call regarding a free checkup of the egr system and the battery terminals. Has anyone else received a similar call? Is the part of the global recall?

Thanks

Last edited by Abhishek3001 : 3rd December 2018 at 22:05. Reason: Change the link to the news article
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 22:47   #90
BHPian

Hi Chethan,
How do you find the noise levels inside the cabin particularly tire noise? Recently test drove a X1 and was surprised by the poor levels of noise insulation inside the cabin particularly above 80-90 km/hr. The SA mentioned it is due to the RFTs, is it true?
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks