I think it's a safety feature.
Great analysis!

I never thought it this way.
Old 13th June 2020, 22:00   #32
BHPian

Re: The Legacy Continues: White Orchid Pearl Honda City i-VTEC ZX Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspot View Post
Then one issue you had with NHC has been resolved and car doesn't scrape anymore. But overall quality has taken a hit along with rise in ex-showroom price.
I too own both generations of the City, would you really say that the overall build quality has taken a hit?
Our 4th gen City has been sparingly driven so can't say much about my personal experience.
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:45   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspot View Post
Now that i have got your attention Let's Begin
IMHO the 4th gen facelift styling was the best one till date. I am myself on the lookout for purchasing a 2017 40K run, VX CVT. Could you help me with following doubts-

1) Has the low GC been a hindrance in even City conditions? My intended usage for the City is 80% city drive, and 20% highway drives (NH). We have a Ecosport S TDCI, which will be majorly doing the highway duties. With this use case, how much do you think the GC could be a bother to me?

2) Has the low GC resulted in any expensive repair till date?

3) Any issues with the CVT? Can it last for a 10-12 year duration without any major overhaul? PS- I am a sedate to moderate driver. Rarely go above 120 Kph.

4) Is there no backlighting on gearbox positions? Or is there no backlighting indicating the position of gearshift?
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR07 View Post
1) Has the low GC been a hindrance in even City conditions? My intended usage for the City is 80% city drive, and 20% highway drives (NH). We have a Ecosport S TDCI, which will be majorly doing the highway duties. With this use case, how much do you think the GC could be a bother to me?
2) Has the low GC resulted in any expensive repair till date?
3) Any issues with the CVT? Can it last for a 10-12 year duration without any major overhaul? PS- I am a sedate to moderate driver. Rarely go above 120 Kph.
4) Is there no backlighting on gearbox positions? Or is there no backlighting indicating the position of gearshift?
1) Ground clearance of 4th generation Honda City is adequate to cover most speed-breakers on most Indian well-paved roads. Personally, i have never scrapped the bottom of the car even with fully loaded car (4 occupants and luggage). This comparison is based on roads where older generation of City, we owned, used to scrape bottom on nearly every speed-breaker/ broken road when laden with 4 occupants.

2) No scrapping, thus no repair bill associated with the same.

3) CVT has been performing satisfactory without any problems. Due to Indian conditions, as a precautionary measure, I have done the gearbox oil change at 20,000 Kms instead of manual suggested 40,000 kms.

4) There is no back lighting indicating the position of gear shift. Though, position of gearbox is indicated in instrument cluster.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks