Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2018, 10:48   #46
BHPian

Re: The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Great, the figure sounds to be too tempting and equivalent to Merc GLE 350d having 255 bhp and 620 nm of torque. Any other modifications to support the increased power and torque figures like better brakes, tyres or exhaust. I am interested in this mod but code6 office is in Bangalore, need to find someone in Delhi/NCR. What about cost?
There are many more mods that can be done, but I have not faced any issues with the stock brakes - and I prefer to leave them now. Don't want to spoil the driveability for the time being.

Maybe a de-cat downpipe and a slightly noisier end-can with a slightly more aggressive map with the smoke limiter lifted might be a possibility - but for me, that's far into the future. To be honest, I don't have the roads to enjoy the beast to its full capability even in this state of tune.

On the tyre front, I am on stock MRF Wanderers. They are noisy at best, but so far, have been handling all that I have thrown at them. I am looking at BF Goodrich A/T KO2 s as a possible replacement when the time comes. However, if at that point, I can find a better tyre, I am open to considering those as well.

On the remap front, it cost me INR 40k - but IMO, it was worth every rupee. I can put you on to Sriram Natarajan/Saajan Thomas of Code6 if you like and you guys can work out the logistics bit. Let me know.
krishsreedharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 11:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I can put you on to Sriram Natarajan/Saajan Thomas of Code6 if you like and you guys can work out the logistics bit. Let me know.

Thanks, but as you said we might need to do remap if Ford updates ECU in between when the car is sent to service center, I think better to stick to nearby options else it would be a pain following up every time. I am a bit scared on the warranty part as well as Ford might definitely goof-up things once they are able to spot this.
Old 13th August 2018, 12:05   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but as you said we might need to do remap if Ford updates ECU in between when the car is sent to service center, I think better to stick to nearby options else it would be a pain following up every time. I am a bit scared on the warranty part as well as Ford might definitely goof-up things once they are able to spot this.
Since you raised the issue, I have been doing a bit of a background check and I believe they do have representation in the New Delhi/NCR Area. So a post ECU update remap should not pose an issue to you.

On the warranty bit, my thought process was that since the remap does not in any manner stress the engine beyond its design parameters, it is unlikely that they can contest normal component failure and attribute it to the remap. However, it would be a different thing if one were to deliberately do a mod that falls foul of the warranty i.e upgrade the turbo

So far, I have not observed any behaviour that would lead anybody to suspect that anything has been done to the car. In fact, my car does not carry any stickering of any sort either. Now, if a bright eyed and bushy tailed service guy does notice that my car is smoother than normal, I can always attribute it to very careful running-in and a lot of pampering - which I do to all my cars

Last edited by krishsreedharan : 13th August 2018 at 12:05. Reason: Removed excessive blank lines.
krishsreedharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 13:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
My estimate post remap is about 260bhp/~620Nm.
Didn't you get any dyno test results from the agency which did the remap? Any concerns of increased visible smoke post the remap?

With Ford coming-up with updates almost every quarter, it would be tough to get hold of the tuner to flash the remap again at such intervals. And it would be a nightmare to explain if the Ford's scan tool (used for updating by the service center) detects the remap.
A.G. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 13:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
With Ford coming-up with updates almost every quarter, it would be tough to get hold of the tuner to flash the remap again at such intervals.
Surprising! Because I don't have a single update since the last 2 years. I know about the PCM update which, unfortunately, the service center says doesn't apply to my car.

Could you please tell me from where you are getting updates almost every quarter?

Last edited by SCORPION : 14th August 2018 at 13:47.
Old 14th August 2018, 13:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I used FORScan with a modified ELM327 based OBD2 adapter (to add the HS/MS CAN switch) for all the software mods and even for tyre size correction. Will try to elaborate soon.

A.G. I am desperately waiting for the procedure to accomplish Aircon blower and temperature adjustment from left hand side buttons on steering. I am not using the Automatic climate control and find it hard to manage with buttons or screen. Can you please share the links for Hardware and Software, I will be ready with the setup before you explain in detail.
Old 14th August 2018, 14:08   #52
BHPian

@A.G. , I would love to know which OBD2 adapter you are using for your Endy. I would like to us the same for my EcoSport and see what Forscan throws up.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 14:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't you get any dyno test results from the agency which did the remap?
No. I was happy with the way the car performed post remap and I did not see the need to verify the numbers with a dyno. My post says "estimated".

Quote:
Any concerns of increased visible smoke post the remap?
None at all. The smoke levels remain the same.

Quote:
With Ford coming-up with updates almost every quarter, it would be tough to get hold of the tuner to flash the remap again at such intervals. And it would be a nightmare to explain if the Ford's scan tool (used for updating by the service center) detects the remap.
Its been more than a quarter and 2 services (the 2500kms checkup and the service at 10k kms). The service centre here did not inform me that there were any updates despite my specifically asking them to let me know. So I don't see that problem arising vis a vis the service centre.

As for the tuner, my personal opinion is that the relationship between a tuner and the owner of a tuned vehicle is a long-term one. Nurture it well and the tuner will be happy to oblige. I have never had any issues in the two years of my relationship with the agency who has tuned all my vehicles. So that's one less thing for me to worry about.

Which side of that fence each one would like to sit on, would be up to their personal choices I guess.
krishsreedharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Could you please tell me from where you are getting updates almost every quarter?
From the service center itself. PCM updates will show only when the vehicle is connected to the service center laptop having latest version of IDS software which itself is updated almost bi-weekly.
Quote:
A.G. I am desperately waiting for the procedure to accomplish Aircon blower and temperature adjustment from left hand side buttons on steering. I am not using the Automatic climate control and find it hard to manage with buttons or screen.
I can understand your pain as I too use the buttons (on the steering wheel now ) for aircon adjustment rather than relying on the Climate Control.
Quote:
Can you please share the links for Hardware and Software, I will be ready with the setup before you explain in detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
@A.G. , I would love to know which OBD2 adapter you are using for your Endy.
The OBD2 adapter I have is from Vgate which I got long time back. It is the larger one instead of the micro ones coming now. As is visible in the picture below, even with the wires coming out from the back for the added MS/HS CAN switch, it fits perfectly in the second OBD2 port so that I don’t have to keep the Fuse Box cover open all the time.

FORScan software is available at this link. As of now, the license is free for 2 months.

Modified OBD2 adapter installed in the second OBD2 port
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-p1.jpg
Quote:
No. I was happy with the way the car performed post remap and I did not see the need to verify the numbers with a dyno. My post says "estimated".
I read you had posted estimated numbers but generally the tuners themselves provide a graph of the potential gains which I was asking about.
Quote:
None at all. The smoke levels remain the same.
Kudos to the tuner as this is the most common problem with any remap / tuning box.
Quote:
The service centre here did not inform me that there were any updates despite my specifically asking them to let me know.
Updates, if any, show only when the laptop with scan tool is connected with the vehicle.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 14:07   #55
BHPian

A.G, the raptor grill looks awesome. Where did you buy it, is it of high quality, and what material is it made of?

Also is it possible to change the grill by ourselves, or do we need to take it to the service center?

Back in 2016, when the headlight issue was detected, the service centre people struggled to remove the grill. In fact they broke the top plastic cover plate by pulling because they don't have the right tools.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
A.G, the raptor grill looks awesome. Where did you buy it, is it of high quality, and what material is it made of?
Got it for Rs. 9,000 from a dealer in Delhi - forgot the name of his place but have his number. I guess it is made of ABS plastic - looks sturdy enough. But now similar quality with backlit F-O-R-D letters is available for same price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Also is it possible to change the grill by ourselves, or do we need to take it to the service center?
Can be done as a DIY but complicated process. Locks on the bumper and top cover are complicated to open. Wiring I had done myself with the wire tap to avoid cutting any DRL wires.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 14:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
A.G. I am desperately waiting for the procedure to accomplish Aircon blower and temperature adjustment from left hand side buttons on steering.
While preparing the steps in detail, I came across the post from the FORScan team that most of the changes which earlier required direct modification to Hexadecimal numbers in the As-Built files for the module have now been implemented in the latest update and require simply changing the option from a menu.

Disclaimer: Playing around with the modules of the vehicle itself is not a good idea. One wrong move and the module might be a thing of the past. Do it at your own risk as I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for any consequences the below steps may have.

The first step is to get a good quality ELM327 adapter preferably with USB interface having HS/MS CAN switch. In my case, I had modified the Bluetooth based ELM327 adapter which is working fine. The modification process for allowing the adapter to access the MS CAN bus is detailed in the link https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4 and https://topscantool.com/modify-mscan...g-forscan.html

Once the adapter is modified to support both the HS/MS CAN, download the latest version of FORScan (https://forscan.org/download.html) and get the extended license by signing-up on the forum. The extended license is free for 2 months and can be renewed. After plugging the adapter in the OBD port, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Open FORScan and click on the About icon.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f1.jpg

Step 2: Check that the Extended License is Loaded and is showing validity. Now click on Vehicle and interface information icon.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f2.jpg

Step 3: With the Ignition in ON position, click on Connect to vehicle icon. Once the communication is established with ELM327, it will show a pop-up message with VIN or in my case as the profile was already available, it asked to continue with the selected profile. Click Yes.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f3.jpg

Step 4: After scanning for modules on HSCAN, it will show a pop-up regarding MSCAN modules. As the ELM327 adapter has been modified to support the MSCAN switch, click Yes and it opens a new pop-up to set the switch to MSCAN position. Flip the switch on ELM327 and click OK.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f4.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f5.jpg

Step 5: Click on the Configuration and Programming icon. From the list of modules, scroll and select IPC Module Configuration and then click the Run Service Procedure button.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f6.jpg

Step 6: From the new tab which shows IPC Module configuration, double click on the Climate Menu. From the pop-up opened, select 1 – Enabled and click the tick mark button.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f7.jpg

Step 7: Click Write. Carefully check and confirm the changes and click on the tick mark button. While programming, the Instrument Cluster will flash several times.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f8.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f9.jpg

Step 8: Once programming completes and the information pop-up confirming Block(s) programmed successfully is received, turn OFF the ignition and then turn it back ON with-in a few seconds. You should now have the Climate menu on the left screen of the Instrument cluster. Now click on OK button on the pop-up and then Stop Service Procedure button to exit IPC Module configuration.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f10.jpg

Step 9: Click on Vehicle and interface information icon and click on the Disconnect from Vehicle button. Turn OFF the ignition
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-f11.jpg
A.G. is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 23:12   #58
BHPian

Did you manage to get the auto-fold mirrors working? I have been trying but I get an error while writing to the ECU. Apparently, the mirrors are not controlled by the ECU but a simple open/close switch with an electric motor.
Old 3rd November 2018, 09:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Did you manage to get the auto-fold mirrors working? I have been trying but I get an error while writing to the ECU. Apparently, the mirrors are not controlled by the ECU but a simple open/close switch with an electric motor.
The code for Auto Fold mirrors need to be altered in both PDM/DDM modules as per the details available online for F150. I have been successful in writing the codes but it does not work. Looks like a is hardware missing or some wiring connections are different. Surprisingly, the cheaper EcoSport gets the Auto Fold mirrors and the Endeavour does not
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 10:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Same here, the For-Scan module is not allowing me to write the changes related to auto-fold mirror. I remember there was two style for auto-fold, one is the traditional and other was something called Lincoln style. I read it somewhere but lost the information, maybe Endeavour is programmed for the Lincoln style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks