Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2018, 10:36   #61
BHPian

Re: The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Same here, the For-Scan module is not allowing me to write the changes related to auto-fold mirror. I remember there was two style for auto-fold, one is the traditional and other was something called Lincoln style. I read it somewhere but lost the information, maybe Endeavour is programmed for the Lincoln style.
The normal style is that the mirrors fold when locked and unfold when we unlock. Lincoln style is that the mirrors fold when locked but do not unfold when un-locked. They unfold only when unlocked and the driver's door is opened. In any case, its moot since this function is apparently not controlled by the ECU in the Endy. What a bummer!
krishsreedharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 10:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I read it somewhere but lost the information, maybe Endeavour is programmed for the Lincoln style.
Normal as well Lincoln style both don't work. There is some hardware / wiring which is missing.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 04:19   #63
BHPian

I have added an additional menu on the left display for operating the Climate Control (Temperature and Blower speed). Comes in handy when you need to adjust the temperature and/or blower speed without taking eyes off the road right from the steering mounted buttons.

Climate Control Menu
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-t21_4.jpg

How to get this display? And what all can we customise when it comes to the MID and the centre screen?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th November 2018 at 09:26. Reason: Uploaded image as an attachment. Thanks.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 11:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
How to get this display? And what all can we customise when it comes to the MID and the centre screen?
The display is enabled using FORScan. Steps to follow are already detailed a couple of posts earlier in this link (The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience).

There are a couple of customizations for the MID like the DRL options, Leave me home Headlight duration, style of instantaneous FE display, etc. and the SYNC3 has customizations for the boot screen logo and background colour.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 06:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
The display is enabled using FORScan. Steps to follow are already detailed a couple of posts earlier in this link (The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience).
AliExpress has some models with a built in hs/ms can switch so you don't have to solder

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cEssRJZQ

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bXHMtq7I
Old 5th December 2018, 09:36   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
AliExpress has some models with a built in hs/ms can switch so you don't have to solder
For someone willing to buy a dedicated OBD2 tool for FORScan, I would suggest ELS27 adapter (Link). Extremely fast and the switching between the HS/MS CAN is done automatically there-by enabling to read the parameters of both the bus simultaneously.
A.G. is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:04   #67
BHPian

Ford India has released an update for the SYNC3 version 3.0 from build 18025 to build 18093. Change log mentions 'Continuous Software Improvement'.
A.G. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 13:33   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Ford India has released an update for the SYNC3 version 3.0 from build 18025 to build 18093. Change log mentions 'Continuous Software Improvement'.
Mine is on a prehistoric sounding build 17276. I enabled automatic updates and saw that it had last been checked for updates on delivery day (9/9/18). And here I was thinking it had been updated at the previous service (18/12/18), since there was a distinct improvement in response.

Anyhow, tried multiple times, but it didn't pull up any available updates post scanning. Will go the USB route now.

Thanks for this update!
Cheers!
Old 4th February 2019, 16:04   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Anyhow, tried multiple times, but it didn't pull up any available updates post scanning. Will go the USB route now.
With the size of the update being in excess of 3 GB, I would suggest only the USB drive route. Once you apply the update via USB drive, it might start showing update available prompt when connected to WiFi. This is a known bug and only way out is to turn off automatic updating over WiFi from SYNC3 settings.
Old 4th February 2019, 19:50   #70
BHPian

Updated. Twice actually - saw that the update can contribute with the car in off state for half an hour, so I switched it off. Went back to check in 25 minutes, and by the time it reflected a change in the build, it started updating again.
The good part is that the update took under 10 minutes.
The bad part is, I got updated to build 18025.
Any idea how I can get my hands on 18093?
Old 5th February 2019, 10:50   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
The bad part is, I got updated to build 18025.
Any idea how I can get my hands on 18093?
Best would be wait it out for a couple of days before checking again on the login page for the update to build 18093
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 22:10   #72
BHPian

What had been the service cost till now? How has been the handling and general of the feel of the vehicle now that has covered considerable KMs?

Also where did you get the update from? Was it from service center or through internet?
Old 6th February 2019, 09:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
What had been the service cost till now? How has been the handling and general of the feel of the vehicle now that has covered considerable KMs?

Also where did you get the update from? Was it from service center or through internet?
You can register your vehicle on www.india.ford.com and download any software updates available for your system from there. Usually, you "request" an update, and a day or so later, an update that is customized for your car will be made available for download. Copy it onto an USB stick as per the instructions and run the update.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:33   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
you "request" an update, and a day or so later, an update that is customized for your car will be made available for download
It was a few minutes later for me.
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 15:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
What had been the service cost till now?
I have spent Rs. 35,034/- at the Ford service centers till the current odo which is 30,832 Kms. This expense includes Anti Rust coating and Rear Brake pads replacement (1 time at 27K Kms). Also, 2 additional Fuel filter replacements at 10K and 30K with 1 additional air filter replacement at 20K both of which were not part of the standard service schedule are included in this expense. All this expense is with 9.5 Liters of Shell Fully Synthetic Engine Oil used at every service. The low cost of service is the biggest highlight.
Quote:
How has been the handling and general of the feel of the vehicle now that has covered considerable KMs?
There is nothing to complain as far as driveability is concerned and I hope it stays that way.

Most Viewed