Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:50   #16
BHPian

Re: The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience

Very detailed review A.G.
You truly showed the might of Endeavour through your review, and the ford service was the icing on the cake.

I also loved the way you have done changes to the truck. Congratulations for the awesome ride.
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

Thank you for the detailed review, very balanced indeed

The Endeavour 3.2 is a great choice; do keep updating this thread.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dear A.G.
I wish you many many miles in the Ford endeavour. Keep up the good work and keep posting.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:38   #19
KMT
BHPian

What a well written and interesting review.
Thank you for sharing this.
The small personal custom touches you have added are tastefully done.
An unsolicited suggestion is to try plastidipping your wheelrims dull black (I have done it and it goes well with silver) .

I think that it is a failure of Ford Marketing in India that SUV customers automatically gravitate towards Toyota.
KMT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:41   #20
BHPian

A.G Congratulations and thanks for sharing such detailed review of the mighty Endeavour. It seems there are lot of things I have to check with you specially the Climate control menu and the Raptor boot screen mod. Is it possible to elaborate step by step description how you have enabled these with some screenshots and software links.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:09   #21
BHPian

Brilliant review sir, looks like will have to again follow your steps , first it was for a PS , now tempted for this one
kartik.virmani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:57   #22
BHPian

Nice write up A.G. Thanks for the ownership thread.

The climate control on the left instrument panel especially caught my attention and this is something I tried to do earlier with Forscan. However, I have a WiFi OBD II adapter which does not have an HS/MS Can switch. So most of the modules don't show up on Forscan. You have to use a USB OBD II adapter with HS/MS Can switch.

Did you use Forscan to activate the menu or did you use some other means?
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
The Aria was a lemon replacing lemons from Mahindra (had tasted 4 sour iterations of Scorpio from launch in 2002 till Scorpio AT in 2009). At 42K Kms mark, the Aria already had parts worth Rs. 4.5 Lakhs (excluding VAT at that time) replaced under warranty after spending 81 days at workshops in multiple visits from purchase in June 2011 till Jan. 2014. With no end to the problems, it was an executive decision in September 2014 to buy the replacement Pajero Sport even before selling the Aria as damage to time and mental peace was affecting work. Due to the tanked prices of the Aria, selling it at the price envisaged in October 2014 (which was twice the TML valuation but a third of the original price) took 3.5 years. Transferring the insurance 50% NCB on the Endeavour atleast recovered the insurance and maintenance costs paid during this time with added benefit of lower recurring costs.
There have been many disgruntled Tata Indigo owners on this forum let down by the poor quality of the Tatas in manufacturing leading to the vehicle becoming almost junk in 3-4 years. Your issues with the Aria confirm that the Tatas should stick to manufacturing trucks and keep away from the passenger segment

Excellent decision to purchase the Ford. What a beast!
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent, well-written and detailed review A.G. Nicely edited pictures and interesting videos as well.

Buying an Endeavour is a no-brainer. Easily one of the best vehicles in the segment.

Some really good upgrades as well to the car. The new Raptor grille looks classy.

Continuously changing the variants, features and prices seem to be standard for all Ford cars. Hope they stop doing that soon and also add all the missing features to the upcoming Endeavour facelift.
ChiragM is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:28   #25
BHPian

Awesome review A.G! Congratulations on the purchase & Wish you many more happy miles with the truck!

I currently own a 2016 Duster. Upgrade path is very clear to me by 2020 Nothing comes close to Endy in this segment. It's a B.O.S.S any day
RAHS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
The Endy is a great car with lots to offer.
What Endeavour offers compared to the competition is truly amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
I am sure this beast will never let you down.
I hope so and for the worse, I trust Ford’s service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
As a natural upgrade from my current drive Ecosport, my dream vehicle is Endeavour !
With Ford looking at an all SUV portfolio, you never know what might come next. But till then, indeed Endeavour is the logical upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
You truly showed the might of Endeavour through your review, and the ford service was the icing on the cake.
Ford service has really evolved over the year and that elevates the experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The Endeavour 3.2 is a great choice; do keep updating this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Dear A.G.
Keep up the good work and keep posting.
Will surely do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
An unsolicited suggestion is to try plastidipping your wheelrims dull black (I have done it and it goes well with silver) .
Thank you for the suggestion. Will definitely add it to the bucket list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
I think that it is a failure of Ford Marketing in India that SUV customers automatically gravitate towards Toyota.
Ford tried hard with their change the perception campaigns but it is tough to built a reputation of reliability like Toyota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
It seems there are lot of things I have to check with you specially the Climate control menu and the Raptor boot screen mod. Is it possible to elaborate step by step description how you have enabled these with some screenshots and software links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
The climate control on the left instrument panel especially caught my attention and this is something I tried to do earlier with Forscan. However, I have a WiFi OBD II adapter which does not have an HS/MS Can switch. So most of the modules don't show up on Forscan. You have to use a USB OBD II adapter with HS/MS Can switch.
Did you use Forscan to activate the menu or did you use some other means?
Yes, I used FORScan with a modified ELM327 based OBD2 adapter (to add the HS/MS CAN switch) for all the software mods and even for tyre size correction. Will try to elaborate soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Brilliant review sir, looks like will have to again follow your steps , first it was for a PS , now tempted for this one
Honoured by your sentiment sir. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in converting the temptation into realization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
There have been many disgruntled Tata Indigo owners on this forum let down by the poor quality of the Tatas in manufacturing leading to the vehicle becoming almost junk in 3-4 years. Your issues with the Aria confirm that the Tatas should stick to manufacturing trucks and keep away from the passenger segment
Looks like Tata have learnt from their mistakes of the past and are improving the products atleast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Continuously changing the variants, features and prices seem to be standard for all Ford cars. Hope they stop doing that soon and also add all the missing features to the upcoming Endeavour facelift.
I hope they do find a way to enable the missing software features for previous owners like me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
I currently own a 2016 Duster. Upgrade path is very clear to me by 2020 Nothing comes close to Endy in this segment. It's a B.O.S.S any day
Hopefully Endeavour stays the BOSS till then.
A.G. is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 21:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Very nice but quick question, why was the diesel fuel filter changed at 10k? Oil and air filters fine - and you didn't mention the cabin air (aircon) filter, please change that every 10k without fail, but why the fuel filter?

Please also use a good tyre shop - ideally MTV Tyredrome due to the quality of their equipment (much better than their tyre quality) for alignment / balancing / rotation of tyres.

Ford uses a Castrol semi synthetic 5w30 (Magnatec Professional A5) complying with the rather old Ford standard you showed in your screenshot of the oil sump, 913C/D. I wouldn't recommend using it beyond say 7500 km.

This other oil is a cheap fully synthetic and lasts for a bit longer but still I doubt whether it's ever lasted me a full 10k km.

Mobil super FORMULA FE Synthetic PETROL/DIESEL ENGINE OIL for ALL CARS/SUVS (3L, Pack of 3L) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0755G31P6/..._gYhzBbF876174

The back of the can should have the Ford 913 C/D approval. But it is still just API CF, which is a very old Diesel spec with the latest being CK4.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:41   #28
BHPian

Congratulations A.G. on your new endeavour. Its one of the best SUV available in india, 3.2 AT is the best engine and gearbox combo one can get in the segment. Happy driving.
drbones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 09:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

In relation to this thread, I would like to add the pros and cons of the endeavour after using it for 12k kms in 1 year. (3.2 4x4AT titanium)

Pros:
1. Value for money. Had there been no Fortuner in India, this vehicle would be priced much much higher.
2. Excellent control on highway runs.
3. Good GC.
4. TMS with low ratio gears and rear differential locks. Very good for off-roading.
5. Sunroof
6. Sync 3
7. Good suspension set-up.
8. Strong built quality.
9. Good pick up for a 2.5 tonne vehicle (0 to 100 in 11 seconds)

Cons:
1. Tyres (Everyone would agree on this)
2. Headlights.
3. Middle row slightly cramped for 3 adults.
4. No TPMS display for each tyre.
5. Entry method for 3rd row.
6. No off-roading gear /accessories options from Ford.
7. Only 80 litres tank. Could have been better with 100.
8. Low FE. It's a full time 4x4 or AWD which is one of the reasons. There's no 2H mode. Even the Scorpio gets it.
9. Power to weight ratio is less as compared to other vehicles in the segment (probably due to strong built quality there is more weight)
10. No drives/camps specially organized by Ford like Mahindra. This would help customers have a better idea about the vehicle. This has nothing to do with the vehicle but with the company.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 4th August 2018 at 09:50.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 12:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Very nice but quick question, why was the diesel fuel filter changed at 10k?
Fuel quality is pretty bad in the remote areas I encounter once in a while. When I asked them to inspect the same at 10K Kms service, it looked pretty clogged. At Rs. 1200, I considered it better to go ahead with the replacement.
Quote:
Please also use a good tyre shop - ideally MTV Tyredrome due to the quality of their equipment (much better than their tyre quality) for alignment / balancing / rotation of tyres.
Is it located in NCR?
Quote:
Ford uses a Castrol semi synthetic 5w30 (Magnatec Professional A5) complying with the rather old Ford standard you showed in your screenshot of the oil sump, 913C/D.
Have got service done at 2 different dealerships and both used Shell 5W30 Fully Synthetic oil.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks