Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 00:27   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally

Congratulations mayankjha1806 for the new Fortuner and wish you many kilometers of trouble free experience. I have been dreaming of buying a Fortuner from the time it was launched. But at 38 lacs on road, I need a change in fortune to be able to afford a new Fortuner!
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 08:40   #17
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Mayank, that was a quick decision in the end

Wishing you unlimited miles of drives with smiles, I'm sure you'll love the beast.

Note (first picture in post #3): The Fortuner's rear bumper was adorned with the "Live To Drive" sticker at the dealership even before the registration number plate was fixed

Last edited by NPV : 1st October 2018 at 09:01.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 17:18   #18
BHPian

Congratulations mayankjha1806! Great purchase! I was in love with the 1st gen Fortuner that we had, and is the vehicle I miss the most since we sold it. Your thread reminded me of the same excitement I felt when we brought it home all those years ago, albeit much cheaper than the 38 lacs it costs today!

Enjoy it in good health buddy, wishing you many happy miles!
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 19:13   #19
BHPian

Congratulations mayankjha1806 on your new purchase. A straight from the heart review. There is definitely an upgrade in quality in the interiors and safety features vis a vis the previous generation.

Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles !
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally-bmw-comes-home.jpg

This is the youngest fella in the family, he's got same level of passion towards cars (Probably a bit more) than i have ever had. [Note] Usually i do not allow him to be anywhere near the driving seat of my car (As he is used to checking all the buttons that he can reach), but one fine night he had his way (Bahana is to sit with the mother).

And suddenly, the car turned a beast. I could feel the difference, did not understand what just happened, suddenly the accelerator was much more responsive, car pulled like its got steroids in its veins. My mind all the while trying to figure out what was happening, and i notice the "Eco" indicator on the MID had turned into "Power".

So turns out the Eco switch was turned to Power Mode while he was fiddling with the buttons, just to ensure i get the taste of whats in store. I have been driving the best as if i want the fuel efficiency of Maruti 800. I quickly turned it back to Eco mode after making faces at him, such that he stays away next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
There is an option to change l/100 to kmpl if you want. Go to the setting menu on the MID by using the scroller on the right hand side of the steering wheel.
Thanks, will try soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
38 L for a Fortuner seems like robbery. You can buy an X1 for the same amount in Delhi. My 320d costed me less than that. Strange country we live in.
Thanks, thats exactly the reason that we looked at everything else in the same range of budget as Fortuner, none came close to size, quality, and ruggedness of the fortuner. That being said, i have stopped justifying my purchases. "To each his own" is what i believe. You might be right in saying i could have bought a BMW, but i cant imagine owning a BMW now, maybe after a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
But at 38 lacs on road, I need a change in fortune to be able to afford a new Fortuner!
Thanks. Me too, wished it was cheaper than what it costs today. 10 years ago there was no serious competition to the Fortuner with similar features at lesser price, today the story is pretty much the same (Barring few exceptions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Congratulations Mayank, that was a quick decision in the end

Note (first picture in post #3): The Fortuner's rear bumper was adorned with the "Live To Drive" sticker at the dealership even before the registration number plate was fixed
Thanks Narayan, Number plate is for the fortuner's identity which is legally required. I guess LTD is my identity
mayankjha1806 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 10:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

First service came and went, it was a non eventful affair. Took about a couple of hours, total cost of servicing is Rs.60/- (Yes INR 60).

The service center has a nice watch your car while it gets serviced zone. You could relax and wait while work is being done. If you are fortunate your car might be done right in front of you.

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally-20181006_112010.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally-20181006_112012.jpg

Being a Fortuner owner, you don't get any special treatment from the staff, its the same level of treatment as any other car owner from Toyota would have it. Knowingly well, i signed up for this hence it was ok. I dont want special treatment, i just want awesome run of the mill service with high quality delivered to all owners.

If you like yourself to be pampered then maybe other brand cars (which cost at the same level as a Fortuner) might be worth a look. I have never been to any other premium brand service center, but i am guessing you would be pampered lot.

The car continues to chug along, waiting for a highway run. Waiting for kids holidays to start to step out. Will have more updates later on.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 18:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Did a 4 day Ooty trip, going through 36 Hair Pin bends route and returning via Gudalur, both times passed though Madhumalai and Bandipur forest area, as the 36 hairpin bends route is one way 24 Hrs a day. One can only go up and not come down.

Fortuner performed well on the 36 hairpin bends route going upwards, in between i changed the mode to Power, and iMT and it does turn into a beast.

Loved the size it offers and agility.

Some pictures from the trip

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally-20190802_132833.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally-20190802_132842.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally-20190802_132917.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4x4 MT : Got my first crush home finally-20190805_080718.jpg
mayankjha1806 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 01:32   #23
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner 2.8L 4X4 MT Got my crush home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
[b]Initial impressions
That, dear sir, looks like a large house on wheels! Its MASSIVE! I've driven the earlier gen Fortuner and the new one - the new one is MILES AHEAD of the earlier gen in terms of spec and refinement.

Being a Toyota, this will last a few generations!!! Good buy and wish you many million miles of smiles!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks