Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2018, 09:53   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Sable – My 2018 Tata Safari Storme EX. EDIT: 40,000 km and 2 years

Congratulations on your new Safari Storme. Like Sandeepmohan mentioned, you are brave to have bought the Safari in 2018 and fulfilled your childhood dream. The Storme in white looks quite plain Jane. It shows its true beauty in Urban bronze or black. Hope you have many happy miles in your truck.

Switching from a low slung sedan, how easy or difficult has it been so far? I have always eyed the Safari with dreamy lustful eyes since the day it was launched (I was a kid back then). However today, I still can't bring myself to buy one today, given its price, features, the huge size and lack of space in cities (last 2 reasons are major concerns than the former).

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th October 2018 at 09:55.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 10:31   #17
BHPian

Many Many congratulations on getting the only real "one day I'll get this for myself" Indian SUV !!!

There's nothing like the Safari. Period.
Sure, it is dated, big, heavy, boxy, LoF, no-touchscreen, no-sunroof, no DRLs, no ACC, no this, no that, but, drive one and you'll know there's nothing like it.

Like you did, I too looked far and wide when I wanted to upgrade from my 2010 Honda Jazz earlier this year. The Safari just feels right.

I chose the VX Pearl White, because the dealer wouldn't commit on delivery date for Black. And once I had made up my mind, I simply couldn't wait.

Enjoy the elephant.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 11:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations on your new ride Aniket Da. Car desperately needs a nice set of new number plates.

Let's catch up next time you are in Calcutta.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:33   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on the decision to buy a Safari. My dad currently owns his 2nd Safari (a 2014 Storme) and if they come with a nice update I am sure he will buy it a third time. Nothing comes close to its ride quality and road presence under 20lakh. The only other SUVs that evoked similar excitement in me are the old Pajero, Tata Sierra, old Nissan Patrol (around 2000 model year) and older Land Cruisers. The newer SUVs are too sleek and sophisticated like sedans.

I only disagree with you on one point that I think the original Safari is still the best looking one.
CarCynic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:44   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, you are the 3rd 2018 storme owner in TeamBHP.

I own a 2018 white VX (I wanted urban bronze to match my ciaz but VX in white was readily available and urban bronze would have had me wait for 2 months)

Agreed clutch is light and the travel is long(as always in a safari). I also had issue with fuel lid not opening in a single press of the button. But I figured it out that multiple presses(mostly 2) works in my storme. Storme is a lovely car and I do enjoy driving it. The turbo lag gets you initially but then it's a beast(more so with the 156PS version in mine)

I also believe that the DICOR version of the safari is the best looking safari till date.

BTW urban bronze is so unique but comes with the downside of scratches being visible very easily. Congratulations on the car !

Here both my Safaris (Dicor has been sold)
Sable – My 2018 Tata Safari Storme EX. EDIT: 40,000 km and 2 years-wp_20161014_12_17_13_pro-2-12.jpg
Sable – My 2018 Tata Safari Storme EX. EDIT: 40,000 km and 2 years-img_20180420_100436225.jpg

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 4th October 2018 at 14:08.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:48   #21
BHPian

Congratulations dear Predatorwheelz,

You may need to make a small correction in the second line, storme was launched in 2012.

From my experience, the monitor for the reverse cam is not really good. Mine gave up in 8 months. Replaced it with a Boyo 5" screen and is working fine ever since.

I am not sure about the acceleration issue you are facing. But the sound you hear on releasing the accelerator pedal quickly is something you will have to live with! Search for turbo flutter on net and most probably it should be the same sound you are referring to.

Reclaim your life!
BipB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:38   #22
BHPian

Congratulations Predatorwheelz on your new buy.! Storme definitely is leagues ahead in terms of advancements when compared to a Dicor.! I drive a 2007 Make Dicor 2.2 VTT myself and its about to turn 11 years next month with over a lakh km under its belt.

Nice to see a handful of people still inclined the old school boxy designs and simple interiors. Bless you with safe miles and 'Reclaim Your Life'.!
Ani0404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 16:21   #23
BHPian

Great buy. Congrats. It easily matches with the road presence of SUVs upto 40 lakhs INR.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 18:59   #24
BHPian

Congratulations predatorwheelz !! The Safari looks awesome in that shade. Good to see that Sable made the religious trip to Binsar of which predator is a veteran.

Wish you many happy miles on Sable !!

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 19:47   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

The 'Make your own road' says it all, It was always considered, even the next time too it will be considered, there is something about a nice and shiny high riding rumble tumble SUV that makes it a cut above everything else on the road, be it any road.

You may notice that your paint repair jobs will cost a few times more than regular maintenance, that's just the way it is.

Having owned a Nano , and having to deal with many other Nanos and Indigos of friends and family, I found Concorde to be more responsive. Even when we had issues with their service, a complaint to tata customer care immediately sorts it out, very impressive.

Good to see that they come with the Dueler D689 as standard, excellent tires.

Wish you many miles of happy motoring.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 20:40   #26
BHPian

Hi Aniket, Congratulations to you on the purchase of 'you childhood dream machine'. Hope a Noida Kolkata drive is on your immediate wish list.

By the way, get rid of the number plates for something more smart. The alpha numerics on the present plate look really horrible (personal taste).

Wishing you many smiles for every km you drive.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 20:49   #27
BHPian

Hi predatorwheelz. Congrats on your possession. The car looks a real beauty.

As someone already asked: was the gearbox the only reason why you did not go for VX? And why Hexa was not in your consideration? I feel its a much better package for only slightly higher price that was well within your budget anyways? Pardon my ignorance, apart from the road presence, is there any significant advantage I may be missing, in the Storme?
devansn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 21:10   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Pardon my ignorance, apart from the road presence, is there any significant advantage I may be missing, in the Storme?
As a person who contemplated hexa before storme vx purchase, the reasons I found storme better over hexa were

1. View of the road. Hexa has a great view of the road, safari is just better
2. Sheer space. Hexa is a spacious 7 seater while Safari is an even more spacious 5 seater
3. Safari is not a van (storme is a safari offspring while hexa reminded me of aria)

Everything said, hexa is the better car if the above reasons don't matter to the buyer.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 4th October 2018 at 21:30.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 21:18   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on getting the beast.

Your story reminds me of mine, I have been an ardent fan of the Safari since its launch and driven it everytime a new variant has been launched (except the last one).

I was close to getting it in 2008 but then banks played spoilt sport then and so I am still saying 'One day One day'.

Happy miles to you and your beast.
Old 4th October 2018, 22:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Aniket !!! A pleasant surprise, someone buying a Safari in 2018. No doubt it is still much better than most of the 'modern' SUVs out on the road today. How come you didnt try the vcross. Would have suited you well.

However as many have pointed out, specially since you paid nearly 40k for the alloys and reverse parking camera, you should have gone for the VX maybe. Airbags are not something you need everyday, but god forbid if a day comes you do, you will always be thankful that you got it.

OT: I have atlast moved to Delhi. Hope to see Sable in person soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks