Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 16:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
(Eg. Lack of Outside Temp, No Audio controls on steering wheel, No Trim on the dash etc.). The Mazda for instance has all these as standard and more.

My second gripe with the Accord is the poor quality of plastics
Can someone else please comment on these two points?

From what I could make out from the Honda site the Audio controls on the steering wheel are for all the variants. Please comment.

Poor quality plastics I thought good quality interiors was a plus with the Hondas. Can someone please comment.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

all the variants do have audio controls. and the dash does have a wooden finish.
Old 20th September 2007, 09:07   #33
BHPian

Yep! For the detailed specs of the 2.4 Accord click.
Old 20th September 2007, 13:26   #34
BHPian

Hmm , just checked out the Honda site, is Honda offering a choice in alloys ?? I mean when i went to the image gallery , I saw 5 spoke alloys but when i clicked on Tech Specs the image showed multi spoke alloys !
Old 20th September 2007, 14:54   #35
BHPian

10 spoke alloys are offered only in the V6 along with cruise control. 2.4 gets the regular 5 spoke alloys.
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:42   #36
BHPian

Hi guys! A query for all who may know something about it... Any ideas as to when the new Accord is going to be launched in India? Sometime next year is for sure but anything more concrete... The dilemma is that I am interested in the Accord but in case I do buy the Accord now then as soon as the new vehicle comes in it is bound to depreciate. So just wanna check.

Also would be great if someone could let me know of the approximate depreciation that can be expected in a two year time frame given that a new Accord is on its way next year.
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:58   #37
BHPian

Saw an article on TG India commenting on the similarity of the new accord front with the new sonata front part .Revenge!
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Saw an article on TG India commenting on the similarity of the new accord front with the new sonata front part .Revenge!
. Looks apart (aesthetics are always very individualistic) the car appears to be good! Hope the curtain airbags and all the other accessories find their way to India. 17 inch alloys!! Would be great if that happens.
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Hi guys! A query for all who may know something about it... Any ideas as to when the new Accord is going to be launched in India? Sometime next year is for sure but anything more concrete...
Rumor has it that the launch can be expected around March '08.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:01   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the new Accord have mp3 playing capability and Aux-in?

I am just too impressed with the Accord owners who can live without these or are happy to spend their own money to upgrade the ICE on top of the premium price paid for the car to Honda.

No wonder Honda is milking money in India.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Does the new Accord have mp3 playing capability and Aux-in?

I am just too impressed with the Accord owners who can live without these or are happy to spend their own money to upgrade the ICE on top of the premium price paid for the car to Honda.

No wonder Honda is milking money in India.
If we are talking about the Accord 2008 I guess it does have it. Some changes have been done to the Audio system for sure like MP3/WMA format. The current Accord does not have these features. The interiors of the car are smash bang classy though. Very very neat and well finished. And while we are at it, IMHO Accord is the most reasonably priced of all the Hondas.
Old 30th October 2007, 14:44   #42
BHPian

Apparently with the new accord (08), Honda has focused primarily on the interiors, and this shows when you look at the outside of the car (read: awful!)... lets hope that the interiors are brought over as-is from the american launch, and that they maintain the current price points...
Old 1st November 2007, 13:21   #43
Team-BHP Support

New Accord will be launched in March confirmed by the owner of one of Bangalore's dealerships
Old 1st November 2007, 13:30   #44
BHPian

I was talking to the dealer here in Faridabad and he mentioned next financial year as the launch. But I guess the news that we got is pretty much similar. March/April it should be!

Waiting eagerly!
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
I was talking to the dealer here in Faridabad and he mentioned next financial year as the launch. But I guess the news that we got is pretty much similar. March/April it should be!

Waiting eagerly!

In the recent editions of CAR India... there were mentions of the new accord to be launched in 2008,
It looked omething like this

2008 Honda Accord at Frankfurt Motor Show Photo Gallery, interior picture of the Honda Accord 2008 sedan

I dont know how you guys rate it, but I ate it uglier than the current version...
At least in terms of the front current version looks better.. to me...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks