Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2019, 14:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
[b][i]
Last but not least, signing off with two images with my Creta.
Thanks so much for this review.

My brother is stuck between the Creta and Ertiga. What would be your recommendation? I know they are different cars, but still, which one would you go with?
nishsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 14:55   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
My brother is stuck between the Creta and Ertiga. What would be your recommendation? I know they are different cars, but still, which one would you go with?
Can I know what are the main requirements that your brother has?
Old 1st January 2019, 15:28   #18
BHPian

re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Great review anurag.
I loved the comparision between old and new generation with pics.
Mileage of 10-11 kmpl is not what is expected from maruti though. How much is it for MT?
Please keep updating if there is any improvement in it.

Last edited by coolmind : 1st January 2019 at 15:31. Reason: Corrected a typo.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 16:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Almost an official team bhp review is here apart from say infotainment system and diesel engine Many congratulation on new Ertiga.

Quote:
Can I know what are the main requirements that your brother has?
We too are in similar confusion between Ertiga Diesel vs Creta 1.4 diesel. For us main requirement is family comfort on bad roads like the one which are patched post monsoon , uneven joints in flyover/bridges and small sized potholes/broken roads which are ignored during patch work (yeah! we have such pathetic non-maintained roads in Mangalore for which people pay 38 rupees for 16 Kilo-Meters ).

Typically once road craters are filled up post rainy season, roads will remain pretty uneven and ride will be bumpy on these roads as vehicle travels between one patched up area to another patched up area of road. I test drove Creta on similar road but couldn't feel much difference from First Gen Figo other than better NVH and some what better cushioning. Is Ertiga any better in absorbing these road unevenness ?
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 16:26   #20
BHPian

Thank you for the very detailed review. No doubt the latest generation of Ertiga has matured a lot and has a lot of hype around it. You have put in a deal of effort with the pics and comparison.

I get a feeling that MS has successfully come up with a mini Innova(again)!. Especially the external looks and stance reminds me of the bigger brother from another mother(Toyota).

I am wondering why MS has separate options for "2" and "L" and Overdrive. Is it the case with all 4 speed AT boxes? These three options plus the 'D' makes it 4 manual modes that a user selects for a 4 speed gearbox. Couldn't Suzuki provide a simpler execution like in other cars where the ECU can judge for itself?
vivee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 16:32   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I test drove Creta on similar road but couldn't feel much difference from First Gen Figo other than better NVH and some what better cushioning. Is Ertiga any better in absorbing these road unevenness ?
Creta will be better here to handle bad roads. Ertiga isn't bad but overall comfort will be better off with the Crera.

If you are okay with a 5 seater and pricing, get the Creta.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 17:17   #22
BHPian

Great review, just a quick question what accessories did you purchase, was anything offered complementary?
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 17:39   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Great review, just a quick question what accessories did you purchase, was anything offered complementary?
'Premium' seat covers and floor mats is what we purchased. Nothing complimentary from the dealer.
Old 1st January 2019, 18:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great review, Anurag! Felt like reading an official review. You've got all details covered in it. The new Ertiga is indeed a very competent package and improves on some of the weaknesses of the previous generation. Great to see your car. Wishing you many happy miles with it. What mods can we expect on this car, from our in house DIY expert? From your review I can definitely sense an ICE upgrade coming
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 18:32   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
What mods can we expect on this car, from our in house DIY expert? From your review I can definitely sense an ICE upgrade coming
Car shall be stock. Since this is not my daily driver and no one at home uses the stereo so it'll be as it is.
Old 1st January 2019, 19:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review with the minutest of details pointed out - rated 5 stars.

Quote:

Useless HU and that dotted display pattern of the bygone era
This one reminds me of the Georgia tea/coffee machine we have at our office pantry ! Technology is similar.

Quote:
The other talking point is the instrumentation console, especially the one in petrol variants.
On the opposite end of the spectrum from the HU, the instrument console / MID is indeed superb !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
I am wondering why MS has separate options for "2" and "L" and Overdrive. Is it the case with all 4 speed AT boxes? These three options plus the 'D' makes it 4 manual modes that a user selects for a 4 speed gearbox. Couldn't Suzuki provide a simpler execution like in other cars where the ECU can judge for itself?
It is normal for a 4 speed torque converter AT box to have the following options. It was the same in my old i10 AT.

D - all 4 gear ratios available
D with O/D off - first 3 gear ratios available
2 - first 2 gear ratios available
L - only the first gear ratio is available

99% of the time, you could leave it at D. Maybe a kickdown would force a downshift while overtaking.
But there are times where one needs to hold high revs at lower speed, and the 2/L options become immensely helpful.
blackasta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 21:41   #27
BHPian

Great review, hope to see it become an ownership thread, updated every now & then.
1) One of my grouses with the previous Ertiga was the insufficient under thigh support (2nd row), has it improved in this generation?
2) Three abreast in the older generation was also a snug fit, is it any better in this one?
superbad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 21:42   #28
BHPian

Congratulations! May you munch many many happy miles in the new Ertiga. Any idea regarding the replacement interval and replacement cost of the Lithium battery?

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2019 at 07:21. Reason: Typo
jassi_jeeper is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st January 2019, 22:21   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
1) One of my grouses with the previous Ertiga was the insufficient under thigh support (2nd row), has it improved in this generation?
Yes, there is a marginal improvement in terms of under thigh support in the 2nd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
2) Three abreast in the older generation was also a snug fit, is it any better in this one?
3 well built adults could sit in the second row without much of an issue in a recent round trip done covering 260 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi_jeeper View Post
Any idea regarding the replacement interval and replacement cost of the Lithium battery?
No idea Sir, shall check if I can find out the costs.

I am not sure if there is any 'set interval' to replace the Li-Ion battery, if they go dead, replace.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd January 2019 at 06:45. Reason: Typo in quoted post
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 23:43   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Such an awesome review, that it feels almost like an official review.

And in some places way more detailed and technical than official ones, especially light output shots and the small videos.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks