BANNED

re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvwar View Post
What I do not want to forfeit though:
-Reverse camera
-Diamond cut alloys
-NVH levels at higher speed.
Which diamond cut alloys are you looking for?

The reverse camera can be done at any reputed accessory store but be around while installation to avoid splicing and work quality will be better.

Regarding NVH improvement, you can damp the 4 doors, boot lid and spare wheel well with Damping sheets. This will help reduce NVH from stock.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:54   #47
BHPian

I would have loved to go with the Automatic . In-fact, that was my first choice. But later found that a lot of features on the top end have been omitted. Then i started to think if my usage was going to be completely in city and highways. Adding to that i have an AMT hatchback at home for small runabouts. Main 3 things missing on the Zxi are Touch screen music system, Reverse camera and the leather wrapped steering wheel. Finally decided on the top end manual. Based on reviews from various people, even the manual petrol is easy to drive around with the light clutch and gears. Now the wait goes on till the end of Jan for my car. Just hoping it doesn't delay more than that.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 08:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvwar View Post
Excellent review. Need your advice please. I currently drive Hyundai Xcent AT. I am looking for a vehicle with parity when it comes to drive experience + 1 extra row. Ertiga is an automatic choice given the cost. My Xcent does not have touchscreen infotainment system, hence not a deal breaker. What I do not want to forfeit though:
-Reverse camera

-Diamond cut alloys
-NVH levels at higher speed
If you are not in a hurry, i would suggest waiting for a few more months. I am dead sure that Maruti will bring in the ZXi+ AT variant. They have been doing this from the past few launches. Although, the things that you have listed can be done aftermarket but you will miss out on a lot of other things as well. If budget and time dont permit, go ahead with Zxi AT. NVH improvement should set you back by 20-25k i guess.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:30   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, Anurag, for a detailed review of a very good product.

The beige carpet and beige panels are the worst thing for India. You can see countless examples of Innovas, old gen Corollas and Ertigas that look shabby if the interiors, especially the dash and door panels, are not kept clean.

For full beige interiors, I feel black seat covers would look better; and black/ smoked foot mats too.

The dock type HUs are in vogue now; so aftermarket installs are going to be even more difficult. In fact, it is time we have tablets with AV out and in which should just be "hookable" to the existing HU amp.

The price of the Li ion battery will drop to 30k levels over time; guaranteed.

The speed vs tachometer readings are exactly the same that I see in my Grand Vitara AT. The USP of this transmission is its rock solid reliability.

What fuel efficiency have you been getting of late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I am not sure why all dealers are including 5 year extra warranty in all quotes as default. Do you think it is worth paying that extra 16k considering it is a Maruti ?
This is another way of making money by selling additional warranty. I've seen this in Aerospace & Defense.

For non AMT Marutis and say, plane jade Toyotas, this isn't required, but it is certainly worth buying for AMT Marutis and all other brands.

Last edited by vigsom : 3rd January 2019 at 09:37. Reason: additional points around warranty
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:51   #50
BHPian

Re: Ride and Handling; Comfort & Ergonomics and Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Even the tyre specification is the same as the earlier one at 185/65 R15.

Body roll is noticeable when taking corners fast and one has to let go the throttle so the car doesn’t lose composure. The roll is pronounced above 55 kmph but below that, it is stable enough.
Quote:
Wind noise is heard above 100 kmph and tyre noise filters in from 80 kmph. Don't know what rackets these Bridgestone Ecopia would create as they age and harden.
Any plans to upgrade rubber to 195 or 205 ?
There were many positive reviews of the Old Ertiga upgrades to 205 tyres.
What are your views regarding the Grip and Handling if upgraded? As an owner of the Old Ertiga, your views would be spot on.
New Buyers would get better buyback if tyres are swapped at delivery.

Last edited by JS Kwt : 3rd January 2019 at 12:53.
Old 3rd January 2019, 13:25   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Any plans to upgrade rubber to 195 or 205 ?

What are your views regarding the Grip and Handling if upgraded?
185 sections are enough IMHO for "city-only" usage. I find it sufficient.

May be if it was a highway usage car, would have upgraded to 195 sections.
Old 3rd January 2019, 19:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
185 sections are enough IMHO for "city-only" usage.
Anurag

Was just curious to know. The previous gen had this irritating clater when we try to close the boot door. I think it was the number plate vibrating and hitting against the body. Does the same exist on the new ertiga ?
Old 3rd January 2019, 20:21   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
The previous gen had this irritating clater when we try to close the boot door. I think it was the number plate vibrating and hitting against the body. Does the same exist on the new ertiga ?
I am not sure buddy. The car is yet to get the permanent registration number and the plates. I'll update after the plate fitment.
Old 3rd January 2019, 23:21   #54
BANNED

Did these three tests and here are the videos shot using mobile with a mobile holder in a closed road with zero traffic.
  • 0 to 100 kmph
  • 20 to 80 kmph
  • 40 to 100 kmph

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd January 2019 at 23:26.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 19:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Amazing details. This is inline with the most official Team-Bhp official reviews and covers most of the aspects that a potential buyer would be looking for.
Wishing you miles of hasslefree ownership with your new ride

I had a short drive and felt the dashboard is much higher(Or driver seat bit lower) similar to the Innova crysta as compared to older Ertiga which felt like a hatchback. Did you notice any such thing ?

Also any real world difference with the torque assist provided by the battery ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 19:54   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Did you notice any such thing?

Also, any real-world difference with the torque assist provided by the battery?
With the seat adjusted to my height, I found it to be commanding and good to drive around as the whole dashboard was clearly visible, 'end-to-end'.

When that assist kicks in, there is a mild jerk felt. I don't know if that the "boost" or what. Can't understand how it could be working to help give the boost during demand.

MID indicates battery > motor > engine > wheels.
Old 4th January 2019, 22:15   #57
BANNED

Today while inspecting the engine bay casually, found a minor coolant leakage. Shall be getting it rectified at the 1st service.

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20190101_155518.jpg

The odometer is 836 kms as of now. Shall be sending the car for the 1st service soon.
Old 5th January 2019, 11:05   #58
BHPian

Fantastic review. As good as an official Team-bhp Review. Ertiga comes across the most practical and best value for money car for a family. The new model gets the additional attraction like - aggressive grill, more space, very good looking headlights, more safety etc.
Would refer one of my colleague to read thru your review , He was hesitant and should easily be convinced after reading your thread.

Headunit is a disappointment though. Should have given the 7' touchscreen unit for a reasonable addl. price (65K is too much). Other cars from Maruti get this - Dzire, Baleno. Why not Ertiga?

Maruti is using 3 automatic transmission technologies in all its current models - Torque convertor for Ertiga, CVT for Baleno, AMT for Dzire.

Wishing you many more miles with the car.

Rated 5**
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 02:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

The left hand side AC vent on the driver side looks under sized and sandwiched between HU and the instrumentation cluster. How is the air throw? Airflow is obstructed by the steering causing frozen left hand fingers or there is sufficient adjustment to make the air flow towards face/body?
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 03:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
So here’s the review of our New Ertiga ZXi AT and this is the first Review on Team-BHP too for the New generation Ertiga.
Just Wow ! This thing deserves to be moved under the "official" review channel. This is not just another new car review, you've literally open-sourced the "official" review process

Perhaps a car review template ( like the now famous TBHP PDI checklist ) created out of this review & some crowd-sourcing could result in much lesser roll-out times for the "official" car reviews.

Now that you've answered all possible questions about the new Ertiga, my question is, how many hours did this review take to compile ?

P.S. - Maybe, your next topic should be how to pen down an "official-looking, but not" car review
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed