Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2019, 15:51   #91
BANNED

re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_shah View Post
Hi,
I have booked the New Ertiga ZXi. Should I opt for extended warranty ? Does it make sense to have extended warranty? Secondly, the dealer said that the warranty is void if I put any accessories (Reverse Camera - Music System) from other vendors.
We have bought extended warranty for the Ertiga at the time of purchase.

Planning to add Reverse Camera in IRVM, hope warranty doesn't go for a toss. Shall enquire with my SA and then go ahead with the purchase. IRVM unit would be purchased from AliExpress though.
Old 1st March 2019, 15:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Planning to add Reverse Camera in IRVM, hope warranty doesn't go for a toss. Shall enquire with my SA and then go ahead with the purchase. IRVM unit would be purchased from AliExpress though.
A slightly expensive yet OEM solution would be to add reverse cam + IRVM mirror from the Ciaz Zxi / Zdi or the Zeta variant.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 16:01   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
A slightly expensive yet OEM solution would be to add reverse cam + IRVM mirror from the Ciaz Zxi / Zdi or the Zeta variant.
The unit itself costs close to 16k, the last time I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Warranty won't be affected by the way you guys do the installation using fuse taps etc. Don't slice any OEM wire and you won't have any issue.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 21:11   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The unit itself costs close to 16k, the last time I checked.
Any special benefit for buying this unit? Except that it is OEM and fitment is by official service engineers. Looks pretty pricey to me. Please suggest.
Old 5th March 2019, 08:51   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I have booked the New Ertiga ZXi. Should I opt for extended warranty ? Does it make sense to have extended warranty ?
Based on my experience with my Swift VDi. You can see a thread on this topic in TBHP. Our folks recommend it. I also strongly recommend to get extended warranty for 5 years. I am assuming you are going to keep the car for 5 years. Even otherwise, it will be good as it will give confidence to the potential buyer.
Old 5th March 2019, 20:39   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Based on my experience with my Swift VDi. You can see a thread on this topic in TBHP. Our folks recommend it. I also strongly recommend to get extended warranty for 5 years. I am assuming you are going to keep the car for 5 years. Even otherwise, it will be good as it will give confidence to the potential buyer.

Hey, I finally opted for the extended warranty.
But my concern now remains for the reverse camera.
Also heard that extended warranty is applicable only is the car is serviced at prescribed intervals at Maruti authorised service Centres.
Any thoughts on this ?
Old 7th March 2019, 14:04   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I finally opted for the extended warranty.
But my concern now remains for the reverse camera.
Also heard that extended warranty is applicable only is the car is serviced at prescribed intervals at Maruti authorised service Centres.
Any thoughts on this ?
Let me try to explain with my past experience. I have taken 5 yrs extended warranty for my wagonR and will be doing the same for my new ertiga ( assuming delivery happens this month ) . Regular servicing is a must according to the manual. MASS will sometimes try to pull a fast one saying that inspection needs to be done every 5000 kms. Ignore them and just stick to the schedule. Regarding changing the wheels, they arent very strict about it as long as the diameter doesn't change. Since the extended warranty is only in the range of 10-20k based on the car, its definitely worth it.
Insurance from Maruti on the other hand is crazy expensive. For the new ertiga they have quoted 43k for 1 year comprehensive bumper to bumper + 2 years third party. Online quotes are 20-30% cheaper with the same insurance company. So its your call , peace of mind versus saving money.
Old 7th March 2019, 14:27   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Let me try to explain with my past experience. I have taken 5 yrs extended warranty for my wagonR and will be doing the same for my new ertiga ( assuming delivery happens this month ) . Regular servicing is a must according to the manual. MASS will sometimes try to pull a fast one saying that inspection needs to be done every 5000 kms. Ignore them and just stick to the schedule. Regarding changing the wheels, they arent very strict about it as long as the diameter doesn't change. Since the extended warranty is only in the range of 10-20k based on the car, its definitely worth it.
Insurance from Maruti on the other hand is crazy expensive. For the new ertiga they have quoted 43k for 1 year comprehensive bumper to bumper + 2 years third party. Online quotes are 20-30% cheaper with the same insurance company. So its your call , peace of mind versus saving money.
Keshav,
Did you buy the car from a Maruti Dealership ? I was told that I will have to buy insurance compulsorily from Maruti insurance broking private limited.
The dealership told me I cannot buy insurance from elsewhere directly.
Then I got a call from Maruti Insurance explaining me the details of the policy and was told that the insurance is from ICICI Lombard. Paid 37K for comprehensive insurance + engine protect + gear protect + 0 Dep.

Is this true ? Compulsory insurance from Maruti insurance ??
Old 7th March 2019, 14:56   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Keshav,
Did you buy the car from a Maruti Dealership ? I was told that I will have to buy insurance compulsorily from Maruti insurance broking private limited.
The dealership told me I cannot buy insurance from elsewhere directly.
Then I got a call from Maruti Insurance explaining me the details of the policy and was told that the insurance is from ICICI Lombard. Paid 37K for comprehensive insurance + engine protect + gear protect + 0 Dep.

Is this true ? Compulsory insurance from Maruti insurance ??
Not at all, Insurance can be bought from anyone. Dealer will explain things saying that Maruti Insurance will be favourable and given first priroity incase of repair claims. Bottom line is it doesnt matter where you buy it from. Maruti has a tie up with 4 or 5 insurance companies. Its amazing how there is a difference of 6k between your insurance quote and mine .They quoted 43k from the dealership

Ps. I haven't got my vehicle delivered yet but I did check with the dealership and they mentioned that its better to take insurance from them but not a must.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 7th March 2019 at 14:57.
Old 9th March 2019, 22:31   #100
BHPian

Had a tough discussion with SA. Now, he is still maintaining it is in transit and might reach Blore in 12 days. Total delay is 1 month.

Is there any way to know the real status from Maruti? Really frustrated with delays. It's 3 month and 1 week.

I had already planned a trip to a temple in the new car and this is not coming through.

Really upset that I may not be able to take the car to the temple destination since it won't be delivered and registered within time.
Old 16th March 2019, 23:30   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Had a tough discussion with SA. Now, he is still maintaining it is in transit and might reach Blore in 12 days. Total delay is 1 month.Really upset that I may not be able to take the car to the temple destination since it won't be delivered and registered within time.
If you still have not got any information , I suggest you contact crm. They have a detailed allotment list and tracking. Sales Reps are not very good with follow up. Most of them tend to get careless after the booking phase. If needed,escalate to the higher up at the dealership. From what I have heard, there is no point contacting Maruti directly. Their standard response is auto forward to dealer.From the time of allotment, it takes nearly 10-12 days for the car to reach the southern parts of the country based on distance.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 16th March 2019 at 23:32.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 02:11   #102
BHPian

The date of arrival of vehicle in Bangalore is now supposed to be 22 March. Plus few more days, I guess, till dealership can actually submit to RTO.

Actually, I am still not clear on the process. I have not paid any money other than 11k booking amount till now. However, since SA had promised imminent delivery and since I opted for exchange of old car, I have handed over it's original RC card and insurance.
Will the dealer have already done allocation of VIN for me by now?
I told him that unless I see the exact unit, I am not going to pay. Maybe he lied about delivery to get hold of old car originals.

Maybe I am sounding pessimistic but now having second thoughts about going through with the purchase altogether due to delays, false promises and such dubious tactics.
Old 18th March 2019, 17:40   #103

I am facing a problem putting my car in the reverse gear. I really need to put it with a lot of force it get the reverse gear engaged. This happens 1 out of 15 times approximately.
I am also having the same problem putting it in the 1st gear 1 out of 25 times.
This is the new ertiga. Driven 700 kms only. Anyone facing similar issues ?
Planning to get it checked during the 1000 kms checkup.
Any advices / suggestions ?
Old 19th March 2019, 13:01   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
The date of arrival of vehicle in Bangalore is now supposed to be 22 March. Plus few more days, I guess, till dealership can actually submit to RTO.

Actually, I am still not clear on the process. I have not paid any money other than 11k booking amount till now. However, since SA had promised imminent delivery and since I opted for exchange of old car, I have handed over it's original RC card and insurance.
Will the dealer have already done allocation of VIN for me by now?
I told him that unless I see the exact unit, I am not going to pay. Maybe he lied about delivery to get hold of old car originals.
You can ask for VIN. Once the car is dispatched I got my VIN. It took exactly 15 days from the day it got dispatched to reach Bangalore. It took ~2 days to reach the dealer. You can pay after doing a PDI and in next 2-3 days it should be registered and delivered to you.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 23:14   #105
BANNED

ODOMETER UPDATE: 5,000 kms
TIME TAKEN: 3 months

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20190321_172334__011600x1589.jpg

Nothing much to report here. 2nd service also done. Shall update the bill soon.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks