Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 21:35   #76
BHPian

re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Really detailed review of the new Ertiga. Loved going through your write up. Happy motoring with your latest acquisition. Undoubtedly, the Maruti should serve you well for years to come!

Compared to the earlier model, this one is definitely a looker. Get a white Vxi, blacken the roof, put some sporty alloys and this new Ertiga shall carry them majestically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Every time the fuel lid is opened, FE gets reset in the MID. As the car was just out of the 1st service, we got the fuel fill up. From the fuel station to home is 1.6 kms hence that low FE. FE will reach ~11 kmpl with use.
This option can be changed in the MID. You can set the FE to reset itself while opening the fuel lid or when Trip A is reset. The same option is available in my Baleno's MID. Should be there in Ertiga too since the cluster looks almost the same.
vshankarhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 22:15   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I know it is too early to comment on but the average FE looks bad.
Here's the FE as of now after 75 kms usage [in city traffic (85%) and highway speeds (15%)]. It is improving I must say and happy to see it go upwards.

Also, the odometer has crossed the 1,000kms mark.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20190108_182614.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
That's a irritant in my books. There can be other reasons for opening the fuel lid (mistakenly, for cleaning the inside etc.)
Haha. That's how I set it in the MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
This option can be changed in the MID. You can set the FE to reset itself while opening the fuel lid or when Trip A is reset.
Yes, sir, it is available and I have put that image in the start of the thread. Here's that setting:

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-2.-pages-copy.jpg

If I leave it at the other two options, the FE will never be reset.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th January 2019 at 22:39.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 11:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for another amazingly detailed review of New Ertiga. I was following your Creta review and forwarded its link to many potential Creta customers.

Wish you many happy miles & happy motoring with your latest acquisition.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 18:49   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the FE as of now after 75 kms usage [in city traffic (85%) and highway speeds (15%)]. It is improving I must say and happy to see it go upwards.

Also, the odometer has crossed the 1,000kms mark.
Attachment 1835263
Wow Anurag
Thats really Good FE on MID
What's the actual T2T FE update now ?

Do keep updating this Thread regularly.
Any issues you have faced till now ?
A lot of prospective buyers would like to know.

Last edited by JS Kwt : 21st January 2019 at 18:51.
Old 21st January 2019, 20:49   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
What's the actual T2T FE update now ?

Any issues you have faced till now ?
FE is ranging between 10.1 to 11.0 kmpl (100% City usage).

Issues, only that coolant leakage so far. Touch wood!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 15:39   #81
BHPian

Quote:

Every time the fuel lid is opened, FE gets reset in the MID.
But why?
That should be resulting in lot of in accruacy in calculating the FE.
I don't see any reason/logic behind this. Am I missing something here?
Old 2nd February 2019, 17:31   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
I don't see any reason/logic behind this. Am I missing something here?
During Swift days, I used to manually reset the Avg FE after every tank full to get accurate numbers for that full tank. This process is not needed to be done in the Ertiga as it resets the moment lid is opened. I don't open the filler lid otherwise and ensure the filler area is clean after every refill.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 12:16   #83
BANNED

Re: Ride and Handling; Comfort & Ergonomics and Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Was just curious to know. The previous gen had this irritating later when we try to close the boot door. I think it was the number plate vibrating and hitting against the body. Does the same exist on the new ertiga?
Not much of clatter like the earlier generation but this one sits almost flush on the body.

The boot lid has a slight curve to it, so only the central part of the number plate comes in contact with the body. Have added rubber padding between the plates and the body so no rattles for now.

PS: Missed adding the number plate frames this time.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 09:00   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
( like the now famous TBHP PDI checklist )
Please share link of the the standard PDI check list.
Also any points specific to the new Ertiga.

My SA informed that my vehicle is in transit and wanted to start with payment process.

As stated in the other thread, I am still pushing for a TD before proceeding. He is still saying there is no demo vehicle provided by Maruti for the AT variant.

How far can I push without risking losing my seniority of allocation is worrying me. The usual threat, the SA says - if I delay payment then next allotment will be very much delayed. Can anyone suggest advice on how to proceed?
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 00:47   #85
BHPian

Finally was able to drive a VXI AT, although for a short distance and under heavy traffic conditions. I felt the transmission is pretty smooth, except for the initial high rev before changing the gear when the throttle is pressed suddenly. However there were no jerks between shifting gears. It somehow did not feel as smooth as Ciaz.
Have now taken the decision to go ahead with formalities.
Came to know that the vehicle is in transit.
Old 24th February 2019, 20:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Find it bizarre that the Auto start/stop functions IF 'headlights ON', 'A/C ON'.
Every start up would drain the battery considerably as I've observed the headlight bulbs flickering while the engine restarts.
Have made it a habit to switch OFF the lights at traffic signals.
I had asked a doubt related to the Idle-stop start system and the Li-ion battery in the official review thread a few days back.
I am still waiting for a reply there, but after these many days, I doubt whether I will get a reply there.
So I thought may be you can help if I ask the same question here.
Pardon me if you have already answered this point in any of the above posts, since I did not go through each and every post in this thread.

My question is, can we operate the vehicle without the secondary Li-ion Battery connected?
Or to be more clear, once the Li-ion battery's lifetime is finished, and if I choose to not replace it, can the car run on the primary battery alone like other cars ?
i.e. If I am ok with the fact that the torque assist system and the idle-start stop system & other related hybrid stuffs won't be active?
Or will the car simply refuse to start without the secondary battery in place?

The reason I am asking is because I heard in a youtube review that the Li-ion battery is currently very expensive and replacing it will cost around 60k or so.
So just wanted to know whether there is an option to continue without the secondary battery altogether.

Also speaking about the primary battery, once it becomes dead, can I change it to a more coventional/regular type battery without ISS support if I don't need the Idle-start stop system?

Is there a way to permanently disable the start stop system or do I have to turn it off everytime I start the car if I don't need it?

We are considering Ertiga Petrol as a very probable option for our upgrade which may happen by year end or so.
So just wanted to clarify these points.
Old 24th February 2019, 22:01   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
My question is, can we operate the vehicle without the secondary Li-ion Battery connected?
Or to be more clear, once the Li-ion battery's lifetime is finished, and if I choose to not replace it, can the car run on the primary battery alone like other cars ?
Let me attempt based on my knowledge. I am also a new to this area.
I think the answer is Yes. If you are disabling the Idle Start and stop system using the switch.
Quote:
i.e. If I am ok with the fact that the torque assist system and the idle-start stop system & other related hybrid stuffs won't be active?
Or will the car simply refuse to start without the secondary battery in place?
Car is getting started using the primary battery whenever you use the key or Engine start button. Only the Auto Start is using the batter power of Li ion so I think it will start.
Quote:
The reason I am asking is because I heard in a Youtube review that the Li-ion battery is currently very expensive and replacing it will cost around 60k or so.
So just wanted to know whether there is an option to continue without the secondary battery altogether. Also speaking about the primary battery, once it becomes dead, can I change it to a more coventional/regular type battery without ISS support if I don't need the Idle-start stop system?
Even in one of the forum it's mentioned the battery costs around 50-60K.
I am not sure about using conventional battery as the recommended battery for this car is ISS battery so I would better stick to it.
This Li-ion battery comes with 5 years and 100K KMs warranty as per manual
Quote:
Is there a way to permanently disable the start stop system or do I have to turn it off everytime I start the car if I don't need it?
I think you do not have an option to permanently switch off. You need to turn off every time.
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 23:16   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Let me attempt based on my knowledge. I am also a new to this area.
Thanks buddy.Atleast you could spare some time to attempt answering my query and share your knowledge.
It doesn't matter if you are unsure regarding a few points.
Even I was unsure regarding those things, and that's why I asked this doubt in different threads to reviewers/owners but seems like they too are either clueless like us or not interested in answering my long list of queries.
Doesn't matter.I will try to get those details from the neighbourhood MASS when I go for my next periodic service.

Actually, I am not very much interested in getting another Maruti, especially this heartect-based new Ertiga with a light build quality & average safety but my father's choice happens to be Ertiga and he won't allow me to cross the 10 Lakh barrier too.
Crysta is too overpriced according to him, and I couldn't convince him that it is not.(May be he is right, but atleast I needed to try before giving up. no?)
Now eagerly waiting for some crash-test results of the Indian made new Ertiga so that I can try to prove my point to him once again.
Old 26th February 2019, 08:43   #89
BHPian

Hey, Thanks. You are welcome! I also did not want to get this Maruti because of the build quality. I have also considered and pushed for Innova Crysta. I could not get my family agreed because of 20L+ price tag in Bangalore and also I could not get the 2nd row bench seat version registered in the company name. I have decided to go with Ertiga for now, down the line in 5 years I hope we will have better options.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 14:48   #90

Hi,
I have booked the New Ertiga ZXi. Should I opt for extended warranty ? Does it make sense to have extended warranty ?
Secondly, the dealer said that the warranty is void if I put any accessories (Reverse Camera - Music System) from other vendors.
Please advise !! TIA

Most Viewed