Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 17:49   #31
BHPian

Re: Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!

In Car Entertainment

Let me just apologise for not fulfilling my promise of updating this thread regularly. I guess you could blame my board exams for that!

So coming back to the topic, Here I will cover the ICE of the Jazz. It is not a touchscreen unlike the VX variant (which only came in MT by the way). At first, I was pretty disappointed about the fact that we don't get a touchscreen even after paying so much but then I looked up the reviews of the touchscreen in the VX variant and man, did I not regret it anymore!

UI
The UI in the system is pretty basic to be honest. Although it still is atleast a colour screen unike the monochrome display on our Vento. Some fuctions like pairing your phone to the Bluetooth do require some searching in the owner's manual though. The system is very responsive as expected since its not a touchscreen. Strangely, we have been facing an issue wherein my mom's iPhone gets connected and disconnected abruptly sometimes but my Android phone doesn't face this at all. Any solutions? Also, another issue is that when I connect my phone to the ICE via the USB port, it shows unsupported audio message. I don't know why since even the cable I use is from the phone box.

Sound Quality
Now, I wouldn't want you to take my word on it since I am nowhere near an audiophile. Heck, most of the times, I just put on a random playlist on from my phone when I want some music! However, that said, I find the sound quality to be pretty decent and definitely not as low as some Marutis but its still no match for the brilliant system on the Nexon.

Ergonomics
Ergonomically, I would rate the system about 8/10. The buttons are well laid out and are there at the places you expect them to be except the two main knobs which are on the opposite sides of where they should be! The volume button is on the driver side which doesn't make sense since the driver already has controls on the steering. I am thinking this is an old system which used to be in LHD export variants and after launching a newer system on them, Honda introduced it in the domestic market. Why the step-motherly treatment Honda?

Materials
The materials used for the buttons feels very premium and the buttons have a nice weight to them, though still not as tactile as the RCD 320 in our Vento(talk about spoilt!). That said, the piano black plastic around it looks good but is a huge dust magnet.

Rear Camera Display
The display for the rear parking camera is integrated into the screen itself and it is quite nice. We have never faced any problems with it and the picture quality is very good even at night. The car also has 3 view modes for the camera which makes it even more useful for people using one for the first time.

Have attached some pics of the system below-

This is the home page. There is an option to either set the wallpaper or show the audio which is playing at the moment. I was assigned the duty to upload a nice wallpaper and being an enthusiast, chose the E93 M3 Convertible as one.
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2286.jpg
Here is how it looks with audio.
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2294.jpg
The 3 viewing modes for the rear camera-
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2298.jpg
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2299.jpg
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2300.jpg
Any 3 wallpapers can be loaded at once-

Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2289.jpg

There are 4 colour themes- Blue(default), Red, Amber and Grey(not shown in the pic)

Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2290.jpg

The Volume and List button (on the wrong sides!)
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2293.jpg
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2292.jpg

The rear camera-
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2295.jpg

You can chose a different ringtone than your phone for an incoming call in the ICE!
Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!-img_2302.jpg

Cheers folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations on the buy mate.That's a well written review

So is this a post facelift model?
Thanks! And no, this is not the facelifted version. I guess many would be confused considering how little has changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hey, am a bit late to congratulate you here. But thanks for sharing a very crisp review

How's the CVT behaving? Couldn't see your specific views on it.
Thanks for the wishes! The CVT has faired good so far. A post specifically directed at the CVT is coming soon!

Next update
The car will be completing it's first year with us on the 18th of this month and I plan to write a big post about the experience. Also, the Jazz stretched its legs out on the highway for the first time yesterday! Will write about that too in the next update!

Cheers everyone!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 8th April 2019 at 17:52.
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 19:21   #32
BHPian

What a crisp yet comprehensive review, porsche_guy! I had read it during my Jazz' pre-purchase and read it again thoroughly! It is nothing less than the high and venerated standards maintained by some of the members in this forum. You seem to be a passionate and professional photographer. Hope your Jazz is running well. The Carnelian metallic red isn't such a common colour I see here often in Mumbai. Most here have stuck to conservative colours like grey, silver and white at best! If you are here in Mumbai, do plan a Jazz meet!
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 09:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
What a crisp yet comprehensive review, porsche_guy! I had read it during my Jazz' pre-purchase and read it again thoroughly! It is nothing less than the high and venerated standards maintained by some of the members in this forum. You seem to be a passionate and professional photographer. Hope your Jazz is running well. The Carnelian metallic red isn't such a common colour I see here often in Mumbai. Most here have stuck to conservative colours like grey, silver and white at best! If you are here in Mumbai, do plan a Jazz meet!
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked the review.
Unfortunately, I'm not a resident of Mumbai. Will definitely PM you if I have any plans to come down.

IMO the Carnelian Red Pearl was the best colour of its time in Honda vehicles. Be it the Amaze or even the CRV, both looked handsome in it. Sadly, it has been discontinued and replaced by Radiant red which just can't match up IMO.

The reason I haven't updated this thread is partly due to laziness and partly because of the lack of interest this thread has received. Although I'm going to be back with a review of my latest acquisition soon! So stay tuned

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 10:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked the review.
Unfortunately, I'm not a resident of Mumbai.

IMO the Carnelian Red Pearl was the best colour of its time in Honda vehicles. Be it the Amaze or even the CRV, both looked handsome in it. Sadly, it has been discontinued and replaced by Radiant red which just can't match up IMO.

The reason I haven't updated this thread is partly due to laziness and partly because of the lack of interest this thread has received. Although I'm going to be back with a review of my latest acquisition soon! So stay tuned

Cheers!
Hey, of course, I know you don't stay in Mumbai. What I indeed meant was that it would be great to have a Jazz meet, if at all you're here or vice versa.

Yes, I agree, the Carnelian Red Pearl indeed looks more substantial than Radiant red, though to the common and untrained eye the difference might be less substantial.

I understand it takes efforts to keep updating the already exhaustive threads. Wish you my heartiest congratulations on your new purchase!
ciddharth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 13:08   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Other Points
  • The tyres at 175/65 R15 seem a little small for a car of this size

On stock tyres of my Jazz iDTEC, every monsoon, I ended up plugging 3-4 punctures to a point that there was no spot left. Adding to the misery, a loose divider block lying onto the road hit the sidewall of the tyre tearing it fully. After that, I upsized the tyre to Yokohoma Earth-I 185/65R15 and haven't regretted it at all.

The positives are:
1. improved mileage (I get around 17-18 kmpl in city)
2. ground clearance (no scraping even at full capacity)
3. improved traction
4. sidewall thicker than other tyres

5. only one puncture this monsoon!

Differentiator factor for Jazz is that it's fun to drive in city as well as on highways. A lot of my friends are impressed by the space and comfort of the car. Some of them have already told me to sell them the car whenever I plan to.

PS: I went in for tyre change at 50K

cheers

Quote:
Hey, of course, I know you don't stay in Mumbai. What I indeed meant was that it would be great to have a Jazz meet, if at all you're here or vice versa.

I am up for it!

Quote:
Yes, I agree, the Carnelian Red Pearl indeed looks more substantial than Radiant red, though to the common and untrained eye the difference might be less substantial.

After four years, the red has lost its sheen! I didn't think much about ceramic coating at that time. I asked Hallmark Honda (Navi Mumbai) about repainting costs and they said its around 70K. And I was like. I had checked with GoMechanic and they were charging 20-25K. But I am not sure if they will have the same metallic paint. I asked the service advisor the reason for the high cost and he told me about the superior quality paint, labour charges, administration and what not.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd February 2020 at 09:57. Reason: Back to back posts.
sabkaraja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks