Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 04:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Second innings with Tata’s finest - Hexa XTA in Tungsten Silver

That's an excellent review. Nice to see the pics of the Ford and the Hexa side by side. Hexa does seem like a very well designed product.

Am surprised at the omission of Android Auto since their lower offering - the Nexon does come with AA. If it is the same system, perhaps you just need to do a software upgrade. A lot of Suzuki owners got AA after a few months of ownership via a SW upgrade.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:44   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy. Hexa is truly a comfortable family car if you travel long distance with all members of family especially, the elder ones.

Just a quick query: Can this ConnectNext system later be upgraded and options for Android Auto be enabled? Did the showroom/service center guys give any information about it?
Bageera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
That's an excellent review. Nice to see the pics of the Ford and the Hexa side by side. Hexa does seem like a very well designed product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageera View Post
Congratulations on your buy. Hexa is truly a comfortable family car if you travel long distance with all members of family especially, the elder ones.
Thank you invidious and Bageera. The styling on the Hexa is very classy and doesn’t seem overdone. Comfort is it’s USP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Am surprised at the omission of Android Auto since their lower offering - the Nexon does come with AA. If it is the same system, perhaps you just need to do a software upgrade. A lot of Suzuki owners got AA after a few months of ownership via a SW upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageera View Post
Just a quick query: Can this ConnectNext system later be upgraded and options for Android Auto be enabled? Did the showroom/service center guys give any information about it?
Unfortunately, the Connectnext system on the Hexa can’t be upgraded to Android Auto via software update and the size of the screen on the Nexon is different. Will check with showroom again during first service.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:27   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the Hexa. Wish you safe and happy motoring with thie very capable and comfortable steed.
Also, a great review.
Old 24th January 2019, 00:28   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the Hexa! I feel it is the most VFM 7 seater available in the market today. The build quality of the XUV and the Crysta is nothing in comparison to the Hexa. It is built like a tank!

My Zest has an almost identical music system as in yours. It does not complement the exteriors of Hexa. Hexa has a sharp styling in its exteriors however this music system looks like a teddy bear. Tata seriously needs to update the Hexa's music system.

In my car, the touch screen is laggy, lacks resolution, Maps work through a mobile app(which I was able to configure but are useless) and no Android Auto support. I use Google Maps for my drive to work daily and Android Auto is sorely missed. However, the sound quality is simply the best in the segment.

All the best for your journey with the Hexa!
parth.jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 07:08   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase of the Hexa, A.G.
Had test driven the manual XT version with my friend who was close to sealing the deal but backed out at the last moment due to family considerations.
The vehicle was a pleasure to drive even in its manual version.

As an owner of the Endeavour and Hexa with real world experience of both vehicles, how would you rate ingress and egress of the Hexa with regard to elderly people.
My main grouse for not going in for the Endeavour or Fortuner is that my parents who have knee problems will not be able to get in or out without help.
This limits me to soft roaders like the Tucson and CR-V.

I wish you loads and loads of great mileage and a fantastic ownership.
Hope to read a few travelogues done in the Hexa.
Old 24th January 2019, 12:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratjyo View Post
Congrats A.G on your new car
Note: I was driving a self-driven rental car which had around 75k+ kms on the odo. So the observations may differ based on how the car was maintained.

3. Engine was just moving like a tortoise until the turbo kicks in. Also felt noisy maybe because am so much petrol driven.
I feel cars of rental companies like zoom car should not be used to judge how good or bad the cars actually are. More often than not, these are abysmally maintained and would never reflect true character of the car. Heck, most of the time, even test drive cars of authorised showrooms are in poor condition. I realised it during the purchase of my Hexa. There was a world of difference between how the same variant, one owned by a colleague and the other a test drive mule of the showroom, drove.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 21:45   #23
BHPian

Neat crisp review. Many congratulations on your purchase & you've bought the supremely comfortable captain seat version. Happy that you did not let your Aria ownership experience drive you away from owning another Tata.

I am 16 months into my ownership of a 4x4, closing in on 30k, with an 8500 & 6000km+ road trip under its belt already. Has been a sublime experience.

Few tips:
1. Apply 3M PPF to the door sills, handle insides and as your's is automatic, the piano black surface around the gear lever. These are the areas which tend to scratch the most
2. Depending on your running, opt for extended warranty for complete peace of mind
3. Opt for TPMS, preferably internal as the 19 inchers need a little bit of looking after in terms of air pressure
4. Do join the Hexa owners group on FB, IG and Telegram

All the best & happy miles ahead.

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 24th January 2019 at 21:47. Reason: grammar
McLaren Roxx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 14:32   #24
BHPian

Really liked going through this review. Its good to see someone so involved with this vehicle. I am sure you will have many miles of joy driving this! Over the last 2 years, this vehicle has garnered a following that is bordering on cultish now :-)

To answer a query asked before, the ICE cannot be upgraded to AA or ACP. There are no plans to do this. We are stuck with this one until Hexa 2.0 probably. There may be a refresh next year. However, having driven other cars with AA and ACL, I don't miss these at all. It's just one of those things that you forget about once you are driving this car.

Enjoy!

Last edited by mostlynerd : 25th January 2019 at 14:37. Reason: Added more notes
mostlynerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 15:48   #25
BHPian

Took TD of this beast XTA variant on extremely bad roads. The drive was Simply WOW.
Could not TD the manual one so wanted to check how the gear lever play is.
I read somewhere that the gear lever vibrates a lot when we start the vehicle.
#1. Is this issue still here or has been rectified ? Salesman tells me it's fixed in newer models.

#2. Since I am tight on budget, i am considering XE variant. I hope the base variant has all the basics we need in a car. (reverse sensor, I will fit later)

Kindly advise me. Thank you.
Old 25th January 2019, 15:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
Took TD of this beast XTA variant on extremely bad roads. The drive was Simply WOW.
I read somewhere that the gear lever vibrates a lot when we start the vehicle.
#1. Is this issue still here or has been rectified ? Salesman tells me it's fixed in newer models.

#2. Since I am tight on budget, i am considering XE variant. I hope the base variant has all the basics we need in a car. (reverse sensor, I will fit later)

Kindly advise me. Thank you.
The gear lever in the manual does vibrate. But much less than that of the Innova. I have an XTA myself so cant really say how it behaves in the long run. however, my impression was that the lever travel is not too long and depending on your arm length, you may decide.

The features in the XE Variant are not many... depend so what you are looking for. In my opinion the main things missing that I would not like to be without are:
1. DRLs
2. 19" wheels (that's the Hexas signature)
3. Cruise control (love using it on highways)
4. Rear window sunblinds (a must with our heat)
5. Only 3 colours to choose from (Go for Tungsten Silver)

Also, you will have to invest in the entertainment system but you may be better off than other owners as you may get one with a good screen and Android Auto and Apple Carplay :-)
mostlynerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 18:10   #27
BHPian

That was a fabulous review of the Hexa.

From all the ownership reviews of the Hexa, on this forum and elsewhere, it looks like this beast is a well put together offering from Tata.

It is good to see some of the technology and aesthetics filtering through from the Land rover brand. It is even more heartening to see the Indian brands Tata and Mahindra upping the ante, to improve the quality of their vehicles to international standards. Tata more so than Mahindra. If they support this with a good showroom and after sales experience, they will see sales going north in the years to come.

One thing I do not understand is why do companies compromise on the top variant features, of a particular model, not being offered in its automatic variant. Do they think that owners who drive an automatic would want to compromise on not getting other specs just to save a few thousands.

Thanks for the detailed ownership experience.

Keep driving and posting.

Cheerio!

Last edited by aah78 : 25th January 2019 at 19:23. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 13:51   #28
BHPian

Congrats on acquiring a wonderful beast. Wish you a great driving experience. Do apprise us on any planned accessories, if any.

Cheers,

-Shiva
Old 28th January 2019, 14:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great review, very well written. Congrats on acquiring the most VFM 7-seater out there in the market today.
Old 28th January 2019, 15:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Congrats on the Hexa. Wish you safe and happy motoring with thie very capable and comfortable steed.
Also, a great review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Congratulations on the Hexa! I feel it is the most VFM 7 seater available in the market today. The build quality of the XUV and the Crysta is nothing in comparison to the Hexa. It is built like a tank!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations on your purchase of the Hexa, A.G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Neat crisp review. Many congratulations on your purchase & you've bought the supremely comfortable captain seat version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
Really liked going through this review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
That was a fabulous review of the Hexa
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Congrats on acquiring a wonderful beast. Wish you a great driving experience.
Thank you nvldvr, parth.jain, Ithaca, McLaren Roxx, mostlynerd, alphadog and shivathedude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
In my car, the touch screen is laggy, lacks resolution, Maps work through a mobile app(which I was able to configure but are useless) and no Android Auto support. I use Google Maps for my drive to work daily and Android Auto is sorely missed. However, the sound quality is simply the best in the segment.
Similar experience and I am still not able to get any of the Connectnext apps or the Navi app to work on the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
As an owner of the Endeavour and Hexa with real world experience of both vehicles, how would you rate ingress and egress of the Hexa with regard to elderly people.
My main grouse for not going in for the Endeavour or Fortuner is that my parents who have knee problems will not be able to get in or out without help.
This limits me to soft roaders like the Tucson and CR-V.
As far as ingress and egress is concerned, Hexa is better compared to Endeavour but ladies at home still require side steps to get into the cabin. Although it is slightly easier to get inside the Endeavour as the side step is wider and there is a vertical handle on the pillar which can be grabbed while getting in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Heck, most of the time, even test drive cars of authorised showrooms are in poor condition.
Indeed, the abuse level these days on the test drive vehicles is simply astonishing.
Quote:
I am 16 months into my ownership of a 4x4, closing in on 30k, with an 8500 & 6000km+ road trip under its belt already. Has been a sublime experience.
How is the maintenance and any issues so far?
Quote:
2. Depending on your running, opt for extended warranty for complete peace of mind
Extended warranty upto 5 years and 2 Years Gold AMC for 40K Kms were both part of the deal.
Quote:
3. Opt for TPMS, preferably internal as the 19 inchers need a little bit of looking after in terms of air pressure
Still on it’s way but I am getting the HUD version which has external sensors.
Quote:
4. Do join the Hexa owners group on FB, IG and Telegram
That was the first thing to do with temporary registration in my hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
As the Engine is in a different state of tune and the gearbox is different in the XE variant, I would suggest checking the same variant only before buying for the gear lever play and other minor missing features / details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
One thing I do not understand is why do companies compromise on the top variant features, of a particular model, not being offered in its automatic variant.
While many companies simply don’t offer automatic on the top variant, it is surprising why Tata chose to remove safety features from the Automatic variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Do apprise us on any planned accessories, if any.
Already installed – Side Steps and Chrome finished door visors
On the way – LED bulbs for low beam, fog lamps and parking lamps, HUD with external TPMS, Dashcam, GPS tracker
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks