Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2019, 17:29   #31
BHPian

re: JTSV Tiago JTP roars into the garage! Edit: 6,000 kms up

Congratulations Sameer on getting the most enthusiastic car available this side of a million bucks.

Coincidence: I was in Pune for the last month and used to stay at an apartment complex next to this Concorde. Also, my balcony faces a small parking lot where the Concorde guys get their cars washed. I vividly remember seeing them wash the car that afternoon and telling my friend about how good the car is. I actually made several rounds to the nearby grocery stores/chai shops that day hoping to catch a glimpse of this beauty in person, but alas could not.

Anyway, wish you lakhs of happy miles with the car.
nerd1200 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 20:07   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your red hot beauty.

Its fast, its chuckable around the corners, has good brakes. The fun begins!

For most of the people, it's just another Tiago from outside. Many drivers driving cars from the upper segments are soon going to get some rude shock!

Edit : Excellent report. Rated 5*

Last edited by Samba : 25th January 2019 at 20:08.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 20:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
For most of the people, it's just another Tiago from outside.
Very true. I don't think many will be able to notice that this isn't a plain-jane Tiago. I believe this puts JTP beside GT TSI as rare sleeper cars on sale today.

Quote:
Many drivers driving cars from the upper segments are soon going to get some rude shock!
An Audi has already had that honour! While coming back late after dinner, on the highway, wife decided to floor it oblivious to the fact that an Audi A6 was pulling up in parallel lane. I don't know why but a minute later, that Audi went ahead in a jiffy pulling some crazy overtakes on cars in front.

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 25th January 2019 at 20:32.
ksameer1234 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 20:52   #34
BHPian

Many congratulations dude!

You are definitely racer by the Heart!

Two Rides, Both Race Machines!

However, this time you have got yourself Bruce Wayne for a common man.

Do update us regularly on this beast, thanks.
RedStallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 21:16   #35
BHPian

Anti-aging treatment? I'd say it will make you younger! It seems a lot of fun. I envy you.

I have to say, I've been waiting for the review of this car. Tata has kept it very subtle with the design and I like that. A fellow enthusiast would know it is a JTP, for everyone else it is just a Tiago. A perfect sleeper!

Last edited by puneeth2 : 25th January 2019 at 21:18.
puneeth2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 21:17   #36
BHPian

Congrats on this great buy! A passionate, well written write up of an equally competent car. IMHO, the red shade with those blackened mirrors looks better than the white+ black combo. I am not a big fan of those loud stickers and the design, decals appeal to my tastes perfectly. Great job by the designing team at TATA and Jayem. For relatively inexperienced drivers like me, the jerky nature of the engine is one area of concern. Overall, a great VFM product by an Indian company that rarely happens to suit the enthusiasts perfectly. I will follow this thread minutely in the future.
To quote Swami Ji “In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart”.
Kuldeep31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 23:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Rear fog lamp fiasco
JTP cars come with rear fog lamp but the lamp connector is not connected to anything. Effectively, there exists a fog lamp but there is no way to turn it on. More details on this issue here (link (Why is Tata Motors deleting features from its new cars?)).
Congratulations on your beautiful car in Red.
Figo S is indeed a worthy competition, but as you said the rejuvenated Tata has tipped the scales in favor of the JTP.

Your fog lamp fiasco was the talk of the town when I met with some Pune Bhpians this week.
But given after seeing your car and getting a Harrier experience, I would not hesitate to put down a deposit for the JTP when the time comes.

Have scheduled the JTP test drive JTP tomorrow

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2019 at 06:56. Reason: typo fixed
johannskaria is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 03:22   #38
BHPian

Congratulations once again!! The color looks drool worthy. You have a very nice flair of penning this review. Loved reading it. Wishing you lots of happy and safe miles !

I am happy about two things, we finally have an Indian brand which has a real performance Car, secondly, its priced within reach. Now other brands will have to come with real performance cars and that's a good thing. I have never been this excited to know or test drive any car so far never expected it would be a Tata car though.

Do let us know when you hear from Gaurav. Am sure feedbacks will be taken seriously considering it's JTSV team handling it.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 07:45   #39
BHPian

Congrats for your new car. I must say that this review is of top class and this deserves appreciation for the effort you have put in.

What I think is that there will be many folks like me who does not consider Tata vehicles as a serious option. But this kind of insults cannot be tolerated anymore moving forward for Tata after Hexa, Tiago, Nexon etc. And with the launch of Tiago JTP is just the icing on the cake by Tata. I have recently purchased a MS Baleno. But if this thread has been live before 3-4 weeks sometimes my purchase decision would have been a difficult one particularly considering the fact that our town is having a dealer who provides JTP.
shelby GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 11:53   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on owning a FUN machine! Well written review and to the point. Extremely happy that some manufacturers still respect & love enthusiasts and cars in India - May that tribe grow! And the JTP is God send for those who are not born with a silver spoon in their mouth or the ones who can't (or don't want to) own machines like the Vento / Polo / Rapid or even an Abarth. While these cars have a charm of their own, I personally can't see myself taking a plunge on the latter but will happily pick up the JTP / Figo S any day.

Honestly, am kind of put off with the less important treatment to the special car - TATA really needs to up the game there. These are best served when HOT - and that word of mouth gets more business / footfalls.

My interaction with the JTP team is fairly OK - the call went to the centralized team and then got a call back in a short while - was told the TD vehicle will take time but I can go check out display car. A message was sent when the TD car arrived - but no call back / follow up.

I am still refraining from TDing the car as I don't want to get smitten. The GTX doesn't have a lot of running, especially after the CBR joined, a new car doesn't make a lot of sense at this point of time. But you'll never know!!

Is the JTP running on synthetic oil? And the service interval remains 10K kms?

Your garage is a droolworthy one - should be rated among the max bhp / rupee garage on t-bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One small question - did you try the Tigor during the buying process ? I have not driven either, but from the outside the Tigor seems to make a little more sense (the higher price apart) - both for storage and possibly better ride between the two ?
As he responded, the Tigor is an extremely practical car compared to Tiago. Gets a better wheelbase / rear space, better boot space, ACC & rear parking cam(?) etc in addition. Unfortunately, Tiago scores better on looks and that's going to be a little bit of problem in making a choice, for some poor souls like me.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th January 2019 at 11:56.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 17:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review, and congratulations! The car looks hot! This one is on the top of my radar for replacing my WagonR.

Like you, I am disappointed that the Figo S is only in diesel. But unlike you, I find driving my diesel Figo more convenient in bumper-to-bumper traffic. One just needs to keep the car in first gear and press or release the clutch--the car trudges along, without stalling. In my petrol Fiesta, I also need to give slight inputs to the throttle to keep the car from stalling. And the clutch is heavier on the petrol Fiesta.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 19:29   #42
BHPian

Congrats on owning India's own hot hatch. Love your write up. This is one car where the brain agrees with the heart. Never before have I felt the joy of reading about a particular car over and over again. Such is the impact the Tiago JTP has brought. Definitely a car built with passion. Wish you long long kms of pure joy.
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 21:16   #43
BHPian

That's a terrific write up you have there man. And congrats on your purchase. Yes the the fueling is too snappy even on the second gear which I felt with Nexon when I test drove. But I heard that you will get the hang of it. Happy driving.
motobliss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 09:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sameer, many congrats on this wonderfully executed car from JTSV (keeping Tata aside for now since you’ve mentioned JTSV a lot of times than the official review)

You must be enjoying the blow off valve sound which is very much addictive is what I’ve heard

Enjoy your drive each moment and I’m certainly envious of your rabid raccoons! Safe ride and drive, my friend
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 21:29   #45
BHPian

Sameer,

Can you please provide the OTR pricing details?

Regards
Nikhil

Most Viewed