Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 11:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Waiting eagerly to hear about what you've done.

As a reference, my Aspire (now sold) had a dual channel dieseltronic box, putting out about 125BHP, 260NM that could manage a best time of ~9.1 seconds (GPS) to the ton. This was with the stock 175 section, 14" tyres robbing crucial milliseconds due to constant wheel spin.

If you really want to hit the sub 8 second mark, you'll have to upgrade the turbo and other supporting components. A stage 1 / stage1+ car will probably not get you there, unless you put drag slicks on your car!
2 words.
Intercooler and boost pressure.
Still under wraps. Not got the time to tend to the car since 2 months due to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
The wait is killing us. Please post the details @Frankmehta. If you are flooded with official work, please take one day leave from office and complete the details of the post.
Sorry bro. There will be a few fun posts soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Hi Guys,

Alok here. I have recently joined Team BHP

Frank, I would like to thank you for your detailed and valuable insights about the car as well Rudra Ford as a dealer. I have booked my Ford Aspire Titanium Plus (Diesel) through them. And guess what, the color is smoke grey.

I came back home and logged onto the http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
and entered the Vin no MAJZXXMTKZKK67595. But I am facing an issue here. Post entering the vin no there, the result doesn't show any detailed report about the car. Attaching here is the snapshot of the same. Can anyone help me out on the same.
Congrats alok. I'm glad your experience was same! They are a fine dealership!
Also, to get the details, you must log in. To create a login, you must register on etis. It's very easy.

Best of luck for the delivery!

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 10th April 2019 at 00:21. Reason: Trimming quoted post
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 14:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Congrats alok. I'm glad your experience was same! They are a fine dealership!
Also, to get the details, you must log in. To create a login, you must register on etis. It's very easy.

Best of luck for the delivery!
Thanks a ton Frank.

Here is the exhaustive list of information

Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-, 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5, Smoke (Metallic)
VIN Number: MAJZXXMTKZKK67595

Change selected Vehicle
Primary Features
Build Date: 02.02.2019
Vehicle Line: Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Version: Series 55
Engine: 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5
Transmission: 5 Spd Man Trans 5MX65 6D-1 Getrag
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.37
Emission: Bharat 4
Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Smoke (Metallic)
Interior Colour: Light Oak Interior
Interior Fabric: Lodha / Light Oak
Minor Features
Rear End Fascia - Level 2
Less Front Door Sill Protection
Tailgate Scuff Plate
Less Cargo Stowage Device
Accesry USB 2 Unit W/iPod Function
Less Interior Pack
Driver & Passenger Seat Map Pockets
Less Engr Trim Pack - No Content
Less Hill Launch Assist
Battery Monitor System
With Tailgate Lock
B/C Pillar Decal
(-) Version Packages
Gujarat India Assy Plant Build
Mex, Saf, Export, India Sales
Ford Corporate Badge
Less Marketing Flex Prep Pack
With Side Impact Package
Titanium Badge
Less Exterior Appearance Pack
Marketing Level 1
(-) SVP
Less Safety Packs
(+)"GEN RHD"
Exterior Paint - Solid
For Normal Temperature Zones
"US" Tailgate Badge
With English Language Label
Rear Decklid Applique
Less Fire Extinguisher Fixings
Less Fire Extinguisher
With First Aid Kit
Less Tyre Repair Service Kit
Package Tray - Fixed
Less Service Interval
Pwr Fr Window 1 Touch Up/Dwn-Driver
With Electric Rear Windows
With Tinted Glass All Round
Less Grille-Upper
With Laminated Windscreen
Less Heated Windsh/Wiper Park
Less Illum Power Window Switches
Less Heated Windscreen
With Heated Rear Window
Less Console Ashtray
With Wheel Arch Mouldings
With Standard Instrument Panel
With Integral Glove Box Lid
LESS UNIQUE CONSOLE TOP PLATE
With Mini Overhead Console
With Full Floor Console
Int Environ Colour-Metallic Grey
With Carpet Floor Covering Level 2
Front Floor Mat-Driver Only
Less Rear Floor Mats
With Instrument Panel Stowage Box
With Full Headlining - Moulded
Drivers Visor Mir/Flap/Tick Pocket
Snvsr-Pass / Mirror And Cover
With Door Map Pocket
With Level 2 Door Trim Panel
Less Front Roof Grab Handle
Less Rear Interior Assist Handle
Less Rear Coat Hook
With Load Floor Carpet
Less First Aid Retain Straps
With W/Triangle. Retainer Straps
With Load Compartment Side Trim
With Noise Insulation Pack
Interior Dash Insulator II
Hood Insulator High Series
Ins-Eng Dash Outer Dash Upper
Ins-Eng Dash Outer Dash Lower Hi
With Self Colour Grille #2
Grille - Lower Dark
With Masked Chrome Headlamp Molding
Less Roof Rack
Less Exterior Body Mouldings
Less Exterior Rocker Panel Moulding
Less Tail Lamp Lense Applique
Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror
Dual Ext Pwr Mirror-Power Fold Back
With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror
Blended Seat Trims No.4
Less Under Seat Stowage Facility
Less Drivers Seat Armrest
With Front 2 Way Headrest
With Manual Driver Seat Recliner
With Manual Passenger Seat Recliner
With Fixed Rear Seat
With 2 Way Adjustable Rear Headrest
With Rear Seat Centre Armrest
Less Rear Centre Headrest
Less Temp Control Driver Seat
Less Temp Control Passengers Seat
With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster
With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust
With Front Tow Hooks
With Rear Tow Hooks
Less Trailer Towing Attachments
Less Trailer Coupling
Less Device Dock
Less Decal Option 1
Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle
With Soft Feel Gear Shift Knob
Soft Feel Gear Shift Boot
With Child Proof Safety Lock
With Remote Controlled Tailgate Release
Manual Gearshift
With Central Locking System
Keyfree System
With Keyless Start
434 MHZ Door Lock Frequency
Less Fuel Filler Flap Lock
Less Rear Window Wiper/Washer
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Less Sun Roof
Less Body Tu-Tone Paint
Less U/Body Corrosion Protect
Less Fr Bumper Ped Foam Protection
Front Bumper Body Coloured Plastic
Rear Bumper Body Coloured Plastic
Less Bumper Energy Reinforcement
Front Bumper Lip
Air Curtain Restraint LH
Air Curtain Restraint RH
Less Inflatable Knee Bolster Driver
Beltminder-Driver + Passenger
With Static Front Seat Belt
With Centre Rear 3 Point Seat Belt
With Driver Air Bag
With Passenger Air Bag
With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side
With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side
Less Passenger Air Bag Deactivation
Less Isofix Hard Point Attach
Less Adjustable Frt.Seat Belt Mount
Less Tether Anchorage Restraint
Less Pelvic Pushers
With Steel Spare Wheel
Less Tyre Pressure Sensors
6J x 15 #1 Alloy Wheel
195/55 SR x 15 Tyres
With Wheel Hub Cap
Non Locking Lug Nuts
Market Road Condition - General
Standard Electric Starter Motor
One Touch Integral Start Software
Bharat 4
With Front Stabilizer Bar
Parking Brake Knob Chromed
With Front Disc-Brake/Rr Drum Brake
4 Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System
Less Fuel Kit - FIA
Less Floor Mats-FIA
LESS TRACKING SYSTEM
Less Skid Plates
With Pollen Filter
With Recirculating Heater
A/C Refrigerant-R134A
Less Fuel Water Separator
With Locking Fuel Cap
With Diesel Fuel Capability
Fuel Tnk Filler Nck-Low Carbon
With Electric Power Steering
With Tilting Only Steering Column
Electronic Locking Steering Column
Soft Feel Type Steering Wheel
Less Electronic Speed Limitation
Less Speed Control
Less Auxiliary Heater
High Series Analog Cluster
With KMH Speedometer
With Trip Computer
With Low Fuel Warning Light
Tachometer W/Ingaging Shaft Ind
With Water Temperature Light
Single Disk Horn
Less Tyre Inflation Monitor
Multi Func Display Low Touch Screen
Emergency Assistance
Less Key In Warning Device
Less Speed Audible Warning Device
With Perimeter Anti-Theft
With Engine Immobilizer - Integral
With Rear Parking Aid
Electrical Upgrade Package II
Standard Duty Alternator
Less Radio Pre-Equipment Pack
Group 3 Radio Frequency
Less Audio Broadcast
AM/FM Antenna
ICE - Mid Audio W/BVC
Ice Feature Pack 4
Less Diversity Antenna
ICP - Mini Electronic Finish Panel
Module/GPS Antenna
With 4 Speakers
Microphone
Sync III
Steering Wheel Radio Cont-Rem W/Ptt
Hazard Warning Switch/Pad Lamp
Less Smokers Package
Less Cigar Lighter
12V Aux Power Point In I/P
Rear View Camera-Fixed
Less Winter Pack
Less Specialty Packages
With Chrome Fog Lamp Bezel
Less Fog Lamps-Front Prep Pack
Less Daytime Running Lamps
With Side Repeat Flashers
With Front Fog Lamps
Less Header Mounted Map Light
Header Dome Light Less Map Lamp
With Courtesy Light Delay
Less Rear Overhead Reading Lamps
With Glove Box Illumination
With Load Compartment Lamp
With High Mounted Stop Lamp
With Rear Fog Lamps
With Front Headlamp Levelling
With Automatic Headlamp On/Off
Less Instrument Panel Dimmer Switch
Less Option Switch #3 Programming
Light Platform GCC Body Structure
With Overspeed Warning
AlokSharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 17:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
what you quoted
I am uploading an excel sheet of all the 'differences' in the trim levels of our car. Have a look

comparison.xlsx
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 19:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I am uploading an excel sheet of all the 'differences' in the trim levels of our car. Have a look

Attachment 1867212

I hope there's no speedometer or speed limitation like in previous generation Amaze. And over speed warning is a pain. I am not against safety, the enthusiast in me doesn't want these two features.

I first thought of changing the tires to Michelin Primacy ST or the Goodyear Assurance triplemax.

I had Goodyear triplemax in my grand i10 and the grip was very good though noisy at higher speeds. But then decided against changing as read some good reviews about the Apollo 4g.

Are you planning to change or upgrade the tyres?
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 19:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

New Lights?

A Brand new car in my household comes with 3 things.
  1. Shiny new interiors,
  2. THE PREMISE OF NEW, EXCITING mods
  3. and a STERN WARNING from all the influential members of the household to keep the car stock.

.... but like all of us here, advice is not something we heed to, when it comes to our cars.
The Ford Aspire (even the Fiesta) comes with decent headlights that cover a good width and distance in stock form with stock bulbs. The only grouse is the flimsy reflector quality and increasing complaints from all Figo and Aspire owners about cloudy Lenses and burnt out reflectors over a period of time.

All things considered, the world is now moving towards LED lighting and more efficient ways to light up the road. Halogen bulbs are known to consume a lot of power and deliver some of it in the form of light and a lot of it in the form of heat. A slight upgrade from the Halogen Bulbs (and a sensible one, at that) would be to get good quality LED bulbs that fit directly, and deliver marginally more light and a slightly pleasing (to look at) colour temperature than Halogen bulbs, consuming the same (or lesser) amounts of power from the electrical circuit.

What an LED/Halogen bulb in a reflector cannot match though, is the sheer spread and width provided by Projector Lenses. HID bulbs and (now) LED light sources in Projectors are the best way to go when it comes to lighting up the road. Efficiency, spread, visibility and power consumption are areas where a Reflector cannot hold a candle (pun intended) to the newer technologies.

New technology also comes with new problems!!!
1. Bright lights may blind oncoming drivers if not aimed responsibly. The rampant use of high beams on highways, along with the inadvertent use of cheap LED and HID bulbs in reflectors by tourist and private vehicles can lead to intense amounts of beam scatter and can be fatal on highways.

2. Halogen lights illuminate the road with light that measures between 2500 to 3500K (yellow light) which is visible under street lighting. Sadly, the most popular colour available in HID and LED bulbs at most accessory stores are 6000k (which borders on whitish), which look great when viewed from outside the car but when viewed under streetlights, it's barely visible. This becomes unnerving as corners are not illuminated well by streetlights and the white colour of these bulbs is washed out while driving.

3. The LUMENs (light output) of a Halogen Bulb is in the range of 400-900 lm, whilst that of a good Projector setup is in the range of 1800- 2600 lm. Yet, a poorly aimed Projector setup may end up throwing much lesser light on the road than a well-aligned halogen setup. The remaining light gets dispersed or may end up blinding oncoming drivers.

4. AFTERMARKET and FACTORY EQUIPPED HALOGEN PROJECTORS: ALL projectors DO NOT and CANNOT accommodate HID and LED bulbs. Projectors used for Halogen bulbs should not be used for Xenon and LED bulbs. And this is what most accessory shops won't tell you. Aftermarket "HID" projector headlights actually come with Lenses that are meant for Halogen Bulbs. All of this, can lead to 2 things:
Poor Visibility and Blinding of opposing traffic.

5. MAJOR grouse with aftermarket/stock lighting: I have had one major complaint from most cars that I have owned, and that is how easily my lights on the road get obscured (washed out) or fade into oblivion when trying to illuminate the road against oncoming traffic. There hasn't been ONE SINGLE car that has provided me with a good experience while driving against the headlights on the highway. RAINS also tend to be the biggest enemies of White headlights, and visibility goes down big time when driving in the rains.

Which is what brings me to the next post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by frankmehta : 16th April 2019 at 19:24.
frankmehta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 11:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

Headlight UPgrade

I had 2 major requirements from my car lights. To deliver immense amounts of well-aimed light on the road, and not blind oncoming traffic.
Aesthetics and all the other goodies that come bundled with a light upgrade w were not on my list of reasons to upgrade my headlights.

2 things were certain.
1. I would definitely use Projectors to illuminate the road.
2. They should be better than the current headlights IN ALL SITUATIONS.

The 2nd point ended up being quite the drain on the wallet, as lighting up a road well in all situations becomes extremely equipment and installation sensitive.

I have had a Morimoto Projector HID Retrofit in my Honda Brio and I was very happy with it, except for it's slightly poor coverage in the rains and even THAT got washed out in oncoming lights.

It eventually boiled down to the use of 4200-4300K whitish yellow shade that are the GOLD standard when it comes to lighting up the road, in stock Projector setups world-wide. This colour temperature would adorn my primary setup in the headlights.

While this colour performs stellarly in the dark, it is JUST not effective under our Tungsten Halide equipped street lights, especially in the rains. Incandescent bulb filaments are heated to about 2,700 degrees K, and the resulting spectrum of light is a smear of frequencies from infra-red up to orange and then decreasing as you move into yellow and beyond. Rain causes multiple reflections as well as refraction of various wave lengths that lead to pathetic performance in these conditions.

The best way to beat these street lights would be to best their LUMEN output on the road, and match the SAME temperature as the TH Streetlights.

This led me to 3000K colour temperature, which I honestly had never explored, due to their sickening yellow colour and a fatiguing effect on the eyes on longer drives. Hence, the best way to equip my car with this colour would be to use them in the Fog lights. My car comes equipped with 3 inch, clear glass fog lamps with 35W H8 bulbs. I decided to finalize 3000k for the fog lights.

With the configuration finalized, finalizing the equipment was a slightly easier task. I had the BEST (around my budget) in mind, which made things even easier. I had a great experience with Morimoto headlights and they have held up well over the last 3-odd years. Their equipment is of above-average quality, but their Projectors are one of the best, so I decided to go with an all-Morimoto Setup for the headlights.

The following was finalized and ordered for the HEADLIGHTS:
1. Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 RHD Projectors (5.0 was still not available in RHD form for another 3 months while ordering.)

2. Morimoto XB55 Ballasts with AMP wiring kit and D2S holders

3. Osram Xenarc LASER Night Breaker Bulbs

4. Porsche Panamera 2.0 Shrouds for the projectors with a DRL Switchback module ( I am not one for DRLs and all the show, but the last time I did a retrofit, we had to sacrifice the parking lights. These Switchbacks serve as Parking and Signal lights)

I was watching a few videos on YouTube, and I realized that the massive spread and width of Projectors in headlights would also mean that it would drown out the 'humble' output from the simple Reflector Fog lights. I prefer keeping them both on at night, and it doesn't make sense if the Fogs are not there to illuminate the important corners that the headlights can't. In the current scenario, the Fogs would NOT be visible even with HID bulbs in them.
Which is where I started doing a little research. I ended up with a fairly new concept, that is installing Projectors in Fog lights as well.

A lot of people on the forum have done it, but I was not happy with the feedback by a few of them. The only way to have tested them is by installing them, and they were available at a good rate online, so the following configuration was finalized for the Foglight section:
1. Royalin 2nd Generation Waterproof Projector Foglights
(direct fit for the Ford 3 inch slot, and required NO changes whatsoever)
2. CNLight 3000k HID Bulbs

3. CNLight Non-Canbus, El Cheapo Ballasts (I went wrong here, because somehow, the Ford needs CANBUS ballasts in the Fog lights, and these ballasts would just switch off when the car would come on. I replaced them with good quality, CANBUS ballasts, which finally didn't throw up any light out error on the ForScan DTC Scan)

Installation:
For everyone who is reading this and is convinced that a Projector Retrofit is the way to go, please don't jump out and rush to your nearest accessory store.
The installation is the HARDEST and the MOST CRUCIAL part. The equipment is only 30 percent of the story. The installation aspect of a retrofit is the most important and it was my toughest decision.

I was in two minds, whether to go with my earlier guy (who was VERY expensive but had done a great job) or with a newer, more promising guy, who I had heard great things about. I took 2 months to decide who I was going with, since I was to attempt eye surgery on a brand new car.
Finally bit the bullet and decided to go with the newer guy. IT so turned out, that I had 2 different numbers of the same guy. It turned out to be my older guy!!! Procrastination never helps, I guess!!!

These 2 months were the toughest! The equipment was solid, and it was just lying around in my car. I was very relieved I was eventually going through with the retrofit!

Here's a few photos of the most beautiful lighting equipment I have ever seen!

The Bulbs were the first to arrive. They were EXTREMELY expensive, and the insult to the injury was worsened when the postman demanded Rs. 3731 rupees as Customs Duty! The bulbs arrived from Albania, and I am guessing the invoice mentioned the full price on them

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190121_162956.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190121_162949.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190121_162933.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190121_162927.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190121_162922.jpg

Next day, a beautiful package arrived!! The Morimoto Goodies!

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_124057.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_124324.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_124227.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_124755.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_124959.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125218.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_124748.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_124740.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125245.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125346.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125414.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125425.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125546.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125732.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125742.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125745.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190123_125802.jpg

This is possibly, the best built projectors, I have ever seen! Kudos, Morimoto!!!

In the coming days, the Fog setup arrived.

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190214_155046.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190214_155405.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190214_155635.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190214_155647.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190214_155550.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190214_155301.jpg

Installation LOG and pics in the next post. Followed by Light throw and other pics in the ensuing posts!
frankmehta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 15:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

Installation took the better part of Sunday.
We started piecing all the equipment together, and it turned out that the following things were missing from my inventory:

1. AMP kit to power the Morimoto Ballasts (since the Ford has an H4 arrangement)
2. D2S holder to hold the Osram bulbs (something I didn't factor, again.)
3. CANBUS ballasts for the Fog lamps

It was a Sunday, but my installer was extremely resourceful. He called his daughter from a far away location to source the AMP harness and this process took a good 3 hours, but it reached us just when we were starting with the wiring. She saved the day!

The other stuff went off, as expected.
The Ford VALEO lights come sealed with a special sealant that's called Primaseal and they are slightly tougher to open up than normal lights.

All of this went like a breeze, but the buck stopped at what colour combination I wanted inside the headlight. I had planned an All-Gloss Black finish, but my installer said Gloss black for the reflectors, Matte Black for the shrouds, and he insisted on leaving the Chrome elements of the headlight intact. I am glad I listened to him, because the final product looks STUNNING in real life. My OLA cab now looks like a proper sporty Sedan with a mean look, accentuated by the ST badge in front.

WIP pics

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_120134.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_120139.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_134630.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_134635.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_134637.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_134643.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_140851.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_140855.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_141527.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_141532.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_144741.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_144745.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_144747.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_144749.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_144756.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_152246.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_152301.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_161347.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_161411.jpg

The final product

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_163148.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_163154.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_163216.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_163352.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_163502.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190315_190027.jpg

An initial video of the Panamera Switchback LEDs on the shrouds. They are wired up to act like parking light, and my original parking lights are disconnected. They can be connected, and they were not sacrificed this time around, but we eliminated them because the lights looked too busy with them on.

While I was VERY VERY happy with the Illumination, what dumbfounded us at the end of the installation was, one LARGE band of black, visible in right in the middle of the hot spot of the beam. It was annoying, to say the least, and we couldn't really gauge why it was there. We attributed it to a Projector defect. Well, the lights were sealed, and I was surely not keen on opening the light again, but I was really upset, and it kept irritating me every time I drove.
There was no solution to it, and I drove on for a few weeks with it.
I've marked it in the pictures.

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190303_163524.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190305_211753.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190315_190058.jpg

More on this in the next post...........
(Pics limit exceeded)
frankmehta is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 16:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

After driving for 3 weeks, this BLACK shadow between the light was the only thing on my mind.
I ignored the LUSCIOUS, DAYLIGHT like swathes of beautiful white light that the headlights threw out. I overlooked how beautiful the road looked, every time I drove on it at night. I also didn't care about how fantastically wide these Mini D2S 4.0's could spread their beam! It was shocking to see how far the light went vertically and horizontally, and the high beam was such a killer! It was almost like creating a curtain of light between the driver on the opposing side and us. But alas, I wouldn't have any more of that, and I decided to go to my trusted electrician. Withing 5 minutes of him looking at it, he diagnosed improper bulb seating as the cause for this, and moved the bulb. VOILA! IT WAS SORTED! I was elated! I had almost lost the battle and was about to email Morimoto, asking for a replacement projector. But yayyyy! SORTED!

He told me that D2S bulbs are a little fussy when it comes to placement, and asked me to come one of these days to get even more light out of this setup by just seating the bulb differently, if possible.

Over and above this, I had a faulty Fog ballast, that was replaced under warranty, so he installed it and aligned the Fogs. I got greedy and requested him to aim them higher, and I am now stuck with the fogs pointing into the sky! I will go back to him this week and have them lowered.
After the ballasts were installed, I drove out and I immediately realized the value of the 3000k fogs. Heck, the Morimoto lights didn't need fogs, but this damn setup meant that some areas right underneath the car were also covered. The YELLOW mattress of light would float right ahead and around the car, and illuminate crucial areas, whereas the White cloud of light ahead of it would man the areas ahead.

The BEST part about this setup is the fact that I have ample lighting against oncoming illumination. The fogs paint the road yellow and have such good coverage that one of my biggest concerns about oncoming light are totally addressed.

The Morimotos are FANTASTIC, but the Fogs are surprisingly good for the fraction of the cost they turned out to be over the Morimotos.
Overall, this is the best lighting I have ever seen in a car, driven or being driven.

All's well that ends well!!!!

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190320_113621.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-lrm_export_9919980748157_20190323_181358652.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-lrm_export_42889597450611_20190323_141055810.jpg

The pictures I have taken below are before the Shadow issue

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190305_211708.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190305_211753.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190305_211811.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190305_212105.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190315_190040.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-20190315_190044.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190320_000556.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190320_000638.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190327_225659.jpg

And a few pictures of the throw after the shadow was gone.

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190413_1547233.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190413_162133.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190413_1948451.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190413_194849.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190413_1951541.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190413_1952021.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190413_1952081.jpg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-lrm_export_4123439560089_20190402_225404549.jpeg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-lrm_export_4028309152487_20190402_225229418.jpeg

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-lrm_export_66528334529532_20190416_151711398.jpg

These 3 videos were BEFORE the shadow was resolved.

Below Video with ONLY 1 fog light working and shadow still present.

The next 2 videos were AFTER it was resolved.

And this, my friends, is when can say, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Last edited by frankmehta : 17th April 2019 at 16:17.
frankmehta is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 16:28   #54
BHPian

The front end face looks so much meaner now. 'She has got the looks' now by Roxette plays in my mind!!!
I always felt that the only thing the car was missing was daytime running lights & led projectors to complete the whole package to dominate that compact sedan space. The car looks complete now.

Are you following any run-in period for the car?
Have driven mine for 300 kms in 3 days. Itching to put my foot down on the accelerator. Haven't crossed 100 kmph. Planning a trip to long trip to Mangalore soon. May be will unleash the horses on that trip

Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img20190414wa0012.jpg  

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img20190414wa0010.jpg  

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img20190414wa0015.jpg  

frankmehta tinkers again: Smoke Grey Ford Aspire TDCI Titanium+-img_20190414_20430401.jpeg  

AlokSharma is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 20:08   #55
BHPian

Hey Frank,
Its no doubt that you made a right choice about the car and the colour. The new Aspire looks amazing in the grey shade and along with the subtle changes which you made to the car, it looks absolutely stunning. The long list of modifications is something which will make every enthusiast drool over it. However its been long since you updated the thread. How is the car performing and what more modifications have you made?

The Panamera shrouds does give the headlights a finishing touch along with the smoked up effect. How is the output of the Morimoto projectors in real world usage after almost 3 months since the installation? Is there anything which leaves you wanting for more in terms of the illumination? Do share some output pics out on the road if possible.
Wish you many happy miles and a fuss free ownership with this car.
MrBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 19:07   #56
BHPian

Sourcing 108 PCD is a real pain, I have seen a few good designs with Minstry of Alloys and Inforged Coimbatore. Locally, very few dealers stock it, only way is to add in a spacer, however will need to ensure offset does not change by either going with positve or negative offset wheels to compensate for the spacer.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I just loaded the VIN no. on etis.ford.com and voila, a TROVE of information was visible, and enough for me to munch on, before I took delivery

Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-, 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5, Smoke (Metallic)
* VIN Number: MAJZXXMTKZJR35853
Change selected Vehicle
Primary Features
Build Date: 27.10.2018
Vehicle Line: Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Version: Series 55
Engine: 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5
Transmission: 5 Spd Man Trans 5MX65 6D-1 Getrag
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.37
Emission: Bharat 4
l
When I try in Ford etis to check my car's specs it only shows this much

"EcoSport 2013-, 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5, Lightning Blue (Metallic)
VIN Number: MAJAXXMRKAJSxxxxx

Change selected Vehicle "

Please tell that how do I get to find more info like you have found on Ford etis. Do I need to log in on Ford etis to access this info.

Last edited by jithin23 : 3rd July 2019 at 11:39.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 15:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Please tell that how do I get to find more info like you have found on Ford etis. Do I need to log in on Ford etis to access this info.
You need to create an account and login. This is what I had done two weeks ago for my EcoSport. Gives you plenty of information.
knightrider_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 20:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
You need to create an account and login. This is what I had done two weeks ago for my EcoSport. Gives you plenty of information.
Yes, I logged onto etis and it gives you loads of info about the software, features and tech specs of the car.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 20:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hey Frank,
How come they are no more updates? It's been more than a year now!!!
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks