Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th June 2019, 08:57   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Was saving for this car from past 6 months just to realize ford discontinued it. Now only option left for me under 12lacs automatic suv is hyundai venue. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Aditya : 12th June 2019 at 11:34. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ameyadchule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 09:39   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyadchule View Post
Was saving for this car from past 6 months just to realize ford discontinued it. Now only option left for me under 12lacs automatic suv is hyundai venue. Any thoughts?
I too was really sad to see this variant discontinued. This was a very very VFM AT variant under ₹10 lakhs ex-showroom with 1.5L engine, torque converter AT, all the safety features of Titanium Plus (minus 4 airbags). Not sure what prompted Ford to discontinue it, maybe it wasn't much in demand.

Can you check in all the nearby dealerships if they have any old stock left or if they can arrange it from some other dealership?

I assume that you're talking about the S DCT variant of Venue under ₹12 lakhs. I haven't looked at the Venue in detail, but I guess S variant might be having lot of features missing. But I admit that not much choices in this segment under 10 ex-showroom with a proper auto transmission :(
FrodoOfTheShire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 09:43   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Can you check in all the nearby dealerships if they have any old stock left or if they can arrange it from some other dealership?
I have contacted all ford showrooms in Bangalore, they all said this model had very less demand hence production was next to 0 . Hyundai venue DOES miss out on a lot of things. Guess I might have to increase budget and go for Top trim ecosport tit+ automatic (WHICH NOW MISSES OUT ON CRUISE CONTROL) . What is FORD doing?

Last edited by SmartCat : 8th June 2019 at 09:46. Reason: Please proof-read before posting
ameyadchule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 10:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyadchule View Post
Guess I might have to increase budget and go for Top trim ecosport tit+ automatic (WHICH NOW MISSES OUT ON CRUISE CONTROL)
As per latest reports, the Titanium Plus AT will not undergo any feature changes and will continue to be sold as it was, with Sync3 infotainment system and Cruise control. The feature changes are only for Titanium Plus MT. But the AT's price is now reduced to ₹11.08 lakhs ex-showroom, which I think makes it an excellent deal if you can stretch your budget! Although do check with the dealerships regarding this, as Ford has been notorious for miscommunication!

Check this and this for more details.
FrodoOfTheShire is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2019, 14:15   #35
BHPian

ShadowFax had its second service today @5200 kms. Usual engine oil and oil filter change and all fluids top up.

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190615_09561101.jpeg

Asked about tyre rotation to which the service advisor said that its run too less to be rotated. As per him, tyres should be rotated after running about 15-20k kms! I found that odd since the owner's manual itself recommends tyre rotation within 5-10k kms. Didn't argue with him on this since I overheard another service advisor scolding a mechanic for having messed up the wheel alignment of another car! Hence decided its better to get the rotation, alignment and balancing done at some reputed tyre showroom.

Insisted on having the FDRS (Ford Diagnostic & Repair System) update checked. They updated the Powertrain Control Module, although I am yet to feel any difference.

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190615_10142601.jpeg

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190615_10204801.jpeg

Total cost of this second free service came to ₹1426.

Also got the insurance renewed from the dealership itself. They did it through Tata AIG, same as last year with Zero dep add on (with unlimited Zero dep claims per year) and 20% NCB. With an IDV of ₹821726 (which comes to 84% of ShadowFax's ex-showroom price), the premium paid was ₹26867. This is definitely higher than what we get from outside, but I've thought of getting the insurance from the dealer for the first 3 years atleast.
FrodoOfTheShire is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2019, 11:37   #36
BHPian

5200 is really on lower side to rotate tyres. Usually 10/15k should be fine specially depending on tyre wear. Ford ASS do give you that check sheet. If tyre wear isn't uniform all around, that means it's time to check for balance & alignment. Plus to prevent father wear the rotation is required.

The ASS feedback is very same here in Kolkata also. Tried few different dealerships, they all had the same feedback to use it unless there is a hint of excess wearing on certain tyres. Or do it (rotation) if or when you feel the need for alignment.

For my Aspire I went for alignment balancing at 16k KMS since I was feeling a tad left pulling, there SA him self suggested to rotate since in anyway I am doing the Balancing & alignment.

Even at that mileage, all 4 tyres were having similar wearing all around.

Usually it's adviced by many to get this done from outside but I thought of checking ASS first & they did a good job. Specially for Aspire or even for EcoSport, Camber adjust may require some playing with suspension. Not sure about the exact work they did but at least that I saw & I am told.

I am satisfied with ASS job, though they took a lot of time to get the job done, but I am really happy with the end result. I am yet to put up some miles to check if wear out pattern is effected or not, but as per driving feel is concerned, I am totally satisfied.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2019, 19:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
5200 is really on lower side to rotate tyres. Usually 10/15k should be fine specially depending on tyre wear.
I was referring to the owner's manual and hence thought it odd that the service adviser quoted such a longer range. But I do agree that 5.2k kms is on the lower side of that range. What range does your Aspire owner's manual quote?

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-tire-rotation.png
Old 23rd June 2019, 00:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
What range does your Aspire owner's manual quote?
As per the owners manual of Ford Figo & Aspire, it's 10k kms for scheduled tyre rotation.

Refer to the attached image.

Thanks
Attached Images

NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2019, 12:11   #39
BHPian

Sadly, got the first scratch on ShadowFax yesterday. That too in my own apartment parking area which I've been successfully navigating since last one year. I stupidly got lax and brushed the rear right side with a pillar while reversing. The scratch is just over the rear right wheel. Feeling really bad as its completely my fault!

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-original.jpg

The scratches are very deep and some lines have taken the paint off. Cleaned the area, dried it, rubbed with Waxpol rubbing compound and finally buffed with Formula One polish. Its become overall lighter, maybe the white paint from the pillar is removed along with some finer lines. But the deeper ones still looks hideous with the primer being visible.

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-after-rubbing-polishing.jpg

Maybe a professional detailer can reduce some of the lighter scratches, but other than repainting I don't see any other option. Have asked my sales adviser to check with their body shop guys regarding the approximate cost and then will decide.
Old 8th July 2019, 10:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

I saw your post on facebook , sorry to see this but its a bit minor so dont go in for any major paint job and spoil the factory finish. Just get a touch up and polish to avoid rusting and dont look at it
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote