Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 10:36   #16
BHPian

Re: VTEC just kicked in Yo! My pre-owned 2002 Honda City Vtec

The car looks absolutely GORGEOUS in this shade. It almost makes me want to get a pre owned civic of my own and tune it up. I loved reading your thread. Rated it 5 stars.
Vinay23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 11:22   #17
BHPian

Man this review just stirs up nostalgia like anything. If there was one car which defined the epitome of Honda in India it has to be the VTEC. Heartiest congratulations on your acquisition. The time and resources you have spent in this 'restoration' are truly inspiring.
Hats off to you Sir!!
docprashant is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:26   #18
BHPian

That is a really tasty looking OHC Vtec you have there. The shade of Grey looks awesome. This is the car I used to drool over while growing up. Would love to see it the flesh sometime.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:37   #19

Awesome buy. This thread brings a wide smile on my face. This is one of those iconic cars which I always dreamt of owning when I was a kid. The new color has come out to be great. Just 2 questions I have:
How much is the total cost including the purchase price and can you share the contact details of your friend who works on fabrications. Since I am also from Hyd, I am looking out for a good fabricator for quite sometime to create a custom under body engine cover for my drive.
ADEY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 15:22   #20
BHPian

Superb Thread, rated five star. Was so so happy reading the whole report. The restoration is top-notch and that shade of gray look delicious. Take good care of her.

Am glad you are doing preventive maintenance too, this will keep the car running nicely for couple of years atleast.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 15:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

A great restoration. The car now looks like a million bucks.
Great choice of color as well. Hope you many many kms of joy in the VTEC.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 16:47   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your beauty and the phenomenal modifications done to it so tastefully, I loved the wheels. You did not mention on the odo reading did you. You are really lucky to get a car which is aged beautifully without being abused at all. Enjoyed reading up your writeup.
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 16:50   #23
BHPian

Fantastic thread! Brave move going from Civic to and older VTEC, but boy what a thrilling ride you've had! Love the build, the colour is stunning! Reading this thread makes me want to get a project car to build myself. Awesome job buddy, enjoy your ride in the best of health!
Porcupine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 16:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADEY View Post
Awesome buy. This thread brings a wide smile on my face. This is one of those iconic cars which I always dreamt of owning when I was a kid. The new color has come out to be great. Just 2 questions I have:
How much is the total cost including the purchase price and can you share the contact details of your friend who works on fabrications. Since I am also from Hyd, I am looking out for a good fabricator for quite sometime to create a custom under body engine cover for my drive.
Thank you Adey. PM me and I'll help you get the custom fabrication done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Congratulations on your beauty and the phenomenal modifications done to it so tastefully, I loved the wheels. You did not mention on the odo reading did you. You are really lucky to get a car which is aged beautifully without being abused at all. Enjoyed reading up your writeup.
I missed mentioning the ODO reading. It was a shocker to see the number on the odo considering its a 17 year old car. The best part was that there was full showroom record which I was able to verify.

So the ODO on the car when I got it was..

<Drum Roll>
<Drum Roll>
<Drum Roll>
<Drum Roll>

52755 Kms.
kingofmyworld is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 18:36   #25
BHPian

My first car was the OHC 1.3 so I can understand your love for the car. The car is just awesome. Power, handling, looks- everything about it is spot on. Really miss it.

Have you faced any issues with the Automech exhaust? I also had it on my car. The problem I faced was that the system had no flexible joint incorporated into the kit. After assembly it was like a solid piece of pipe from the engine to the exhaust tip. While revving a lot of vibrations were felt inside the cabin. I had a flexible joint added to the system just after the 4-2-1 headers and it solved the problem. Performance was good, but was too loud for the better half and she simply refused to sit in the car without reduction in sound levels. We reached a compromise and I had the mid-can changed for the sound to change to a low rumble, which she liked later on.
autoholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 19:28   #26
BHPian

This is an excellent restoration! Thumbs up for your perseverance what about re-registering as you had changed the color? is it a straight-forward process?
emkay.india is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 19:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Excellent thread. Thanks for rekindling the memories. I had a 2001 Vtec purchased in 2010. The best car I have owned till date. Had to let it go but the memories sure keep coming back.

Choice of colour is brilliant and the overall restoration looks top notch. Brilliantly done. You will never get tired of having fun driving it. Just point and shoot, thats it.

Do keep updating with whatever mods you do. The Vtec just looks damn awesome.

Drive safe.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 21:13   #28
BHPian

Its a beautiful looking car, restoration looks top notch. Your FNG has done a very good job.
If you dont mind, what did you do with the Vtec alloys?

thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 02:39   #29
BANNED

Nature’s call at 1.30am, checked team-bhp and voila another VTEC thread. You just thrashed one hour of my sleep with an awesome review mate. The colour looks subtle and clean, feels good when compared to the usual flashy green and yellow. Wishing you a lot of VTEC miles, have fun.

This is the car which made me love the ‘City’ during my childhood and eventually I bought the 4th generation City i-vtec as my first car, 77000+ happy kilometers covered in 4.5 years.

Last edited by pavi : 8th March 2019 at 02:48.
pavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 11:22   #30
BHPian

Nostalgia overload!

This was my dream car when I was in college! I pestered my dad to get me a VTEC but in vain! It still remains a dream. Maybe one day

Sweet looking ride there mate. Congratulations
97_Octane is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed