Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 13:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Combat RoosterŽ | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP

What a wonderfully written review!! I'll admit I only skimmed through it due to paucity of time but I suddenly have the urge to get behind the wheels and give the car some beans! JTP truly evokes emotions and I am going to read your opening post many times over. I am looking forward to learn from your experience!

One point that caught my eye was the limited A.S.S that you mentioned. I had a chance to speak with JTP commercials team sometime ago on this specific topic. They told that they majority JTPs are being sold away from dealership cities and JTSV aims to expand presence to these cities where owners reside but there is no JTSV presence. The claimed target is to be present by the time owners are up for 6 month service. I think this is ambitious but the fact that JTSV acknowledges the point is good to hear.
ksameer1234 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 15:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post

PS: Just the other day i was thinking, if it is possible to do anything to a Tiago JTP since the Car is already modded inside out ! You just proved me wrong
Well, there's always something new to be created!

I forgot to ask you about the exhaust note. I heard the new Fiest ST, which is also a 3-cylinder, it sounds great. How does this sound? Could you post a video of it if it's not a problem?
Old 25th March 2019, 16:30   #33
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review, Mi10! Couldn't stop reading it...

I have a few questions:

1. How does the handling compare with Tigor JTP? Is it too much of a difference?

2. How bad are the lights when on the highway? Does it warrant an immediate requirement of upgrade?

3. You mentioned that the steering does not weigh up properly in speeds less than 90 or so - how about the feedback in lower and higher speeds? Also, in the regular Tiago, I have noticed that the steering self-centering is too aggressive for my taste and is not speed-dependent, unlike the Punto, for instance. How is that on the JTP?

4. What is the standard and extended warranty on the JTPs?

5. Can you share a picture of the owner's manual? Is it the same as Tata Tiago or they have made a new one for the JTP?

Just noticed that we do not have the numbers for JTP twins on the February 2019 sales thread.
devansn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 17:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
What a wonderfully written review!! I'll admit I only skimmed through it due to paucity of time but I suddenly have the urge to get behind the wheels and give the car some beans! JTP truly evokes emotions and I am going to read your opening post many times over. I am looking forward to learn from your experience!
Thanks a lot buddy. Your review thread was quite helpful and acted as a catalyst for my buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
The claimed target is to be present by the time owners are up for 6 month service. I think this is ambitious but the fact that JTSV acknowledges the point is good to hear.
This is a good sign. I personally think JTSV either needs separate A.S.S or have existing TaMo Service Centers cull out a specific area for addressing JTSV vehicles. There is a fair degree of risk with current dealerships / service personal, mistaking JTP variants for regular ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneeth2 View Post
I forgot to ask you about the exhaust note. I heard the new Fiest ST, which is also a 3-cylinder, it sounds great. How does this sound? Could you post a video of it if it's not a problem?
It is not your usual Bassy / Drone type sound (most after market FFE's do sound like them). This is very rallyish sound. So even when you're crusing down the highway, you don't get headache.

Unfortunately don't have the resources in hand to shoot a could video on the move. I think Sameer's thread has this good one:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4544858
Old 25th March 2019, 18:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Thanks for the detailed review, Mi10! Couldn't stop reading it...

I have a few questions:

1. How does the handling compare with Tigor JTP? Is it too much of a difference?

2. How bad are the lights when on the highway? Does it warrant an immediate requirement of upgrade?

3. You mentioned that the steering does not weigh up properly in speeds less than 90 or so - how about the feedback in lower and higher speeds? Also, in the regular Tiago, I have noticed that the steering self-centering is too aggressive for my taste and is not speed-dependent, unlike the Punto, for instance. How is that on the JTP?

4. What is the standard and extended warranty on the JTPs?

5. Can you share a picture of the owner's manual? Is it the same as Tata Tiago or they have made a new one for the JTP?

Just noticed that we do not have the numbers for JTP twins on the February 2019 sales thread.
Thank you

1. The Tiago due to its Slightly lesser Wheelbase and almost negligible rear overhang is extremely chuckable and exhibits a go-kart like behavior. Not that the Tigor is far off ! In real world conditions, you wont find any difference between the two. However in a Track, or spirited driving in hilly regions you'll find the Tiago is better!

2. The Lights for Highway use is bad (like most OEM HLs in this bracket) My usage is 90% City and very occasional Highway run so i will retain the stock bulbs for now

3. I haven't properly driven a NA Tiago so cannot compare the Steering directly. I did find Self Centering is a bit aggressive, but didn't experience any intrusion in higher speeds. The Steering Feedback at lower speeds is still ok'ish, its the band between 30 - 100 that it doesn't weigh up progressively - or thats how i feel

4. When i asked about the Extended warranty, the dealer said they have not received info from JTSV. I asked him to update me if anything comes by, as i am interested to take the EW

5. Will do it tomorrow

JTP sales | I'll be surprised if they have crossed the three digit mark in Feb! There is dearth of cars (both from TD and Display perspective); But then understandably so!
Mi10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 19:03   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations. Brilliant review as usual .

Yes, S-Cross 1.6 is known for turbo lag and hard clutch ( especially 2015 models ). Wolf remap has reduced the lag by big margin, still it's not an Aspire or Amaze .

Any plans to remap JTP ? I read somewhere that Jayem will offer remaps "unoficially".
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 20:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congratulations. Brilliant review as usual .

Any plans to remap JTP ? I read somewhere that Jayem will offer remaps "unoficially".
Thanks Buddy!

Trying spend sometime in this form, before deciding on the remap route.
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 00:34   #38
BHPian

Superb review Mi10! Loved the passion you poured into the car and the writing. Wish you many grins with it.

P.S: Kudos on the aptly named 'sandakozhi'!

Regards
Kumki,
(Tata Safari Storme)
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 00:39   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Trying spend sometime in this form, before deciding on the remap route.
No ICE upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
'sandakozhi'
Oops! Didn't think that way! Now the title makes even more sense!
Old 26th March 2019, 10:01   #40
Team-BHP Support

Wonderful ownership review! Been a while since I read such a straight-from-the-heart review; the car should be the reason I guess

And you saved the best to the end

Quote:
This is 3 days after taking delivery of the car
Wife, Spots the Bonnet Vent!
Wife: What is this hole ? It was not there 2 days back
Me: It was there, honey
Wife: You started modifying and now started to lie as well
Me:
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 10:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for this car to hit the used car market

This will be one sweet deal considering its a TATA and a petrol one.
Old 26th March 2019, 10:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post

Not to mention that finding one will be like finding a needle in a haystack. JTPs are likely not going to sell anywhere near the numbers which will make it even remotely easy to find one in the used market. If you manage to find one, though, nothing like it.
Old 26th March 2019, 10:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Will take some time to build market inventory. But 3-4 years down the line, finding one in major cities wont be a problem at all. This review is pushing me towards the showroom for a test drive. I test drove the normal Tiago and found it to be very ordinary.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 11:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Superb review Mi10! Loved the passion you poured into the car and the writing. Wish you many grins with it.

P.S: Kudos on the aptly named 'sandakozhi'!

Regards
Kumki,
(Tata Safari Storme)
Ha ha Ha, Nice touch from Kumki Bro

Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No ICE upgrades?
HOT Tiago will be ICE'd soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oops! Didn't think that way! Now the title makes even more sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post

While this is still way too early for the product, from my initial interactions with other owners, those who end up buying JTP are the ones who know what they are signing up for! With a Supply chain that is vaguely a made to order concept, you may not find one for next 4-5 years!

Anyway that's my guess; "But then Madness is like gravity, you just need a little push"
Old 27th March 2019, 09:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Top 10 Questions, busted the Objective way
Great review. Well deserved for the 5-star.
Munch more miles with the beauty. Great choice of car and the colour.
I loved the narration especially the objective way.

Quote:

This is 3 days after taking delivery of the car
Wife, Spots the Bonnet Vent!
Wife: What is this hole ? It was not there 2 days back
Me: It was there, honey
Wife: You started modifying and now started to lie as well
Me:
I was rolling on floor at this. Good one.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks