Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 12:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Combat RoosterŽ | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
It was not until I took a fast left hander in second gear, pressed on till 5k’ish rpm and shifted to third, Bang in the power band, the car lept forward with rabid intensity usually found in certain remapped diesels and to a subtler extent when the Vtec kicks in OHC! The Exhaust note added more masala to the already spicy proceedings with final garnishing done by the BOV sound! God! I wasn't sure what the heck is happening around. Yet I was smiling trying hard to not emote it out as a grin!
This gave me Goosebumps, literally.

If Tata can use your write-up, they will be selling more JTPs than whatever the current lazy-a#$ marketing strategy & brand communication they are using right now.

They really need to get the word out, even Harrier is not being advertised enough to it's potential.

You sir: Keep driving, keep living, Keep writing, You have a way with words

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st April 2019 at 15:39. Reason: Please use quotes to quote a post
Nitish.arnold is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 13:29   #47
BHPian

Had the same dilemma..and ended up buying the Freestyle!

To be honest, the test drive of the Tiago left me grinning even after I stepped out of the car and walked into the showroom. Everything from the seats, the pedals, the small but smart steering wheel to the grunt of the motor when you tap the pedal, is designed with the driver in mind. I bet everyone will feel a rush of adrenaline in the Driver's seat.

However, the final decision to buy a Freestyle was based on other practical considerations like rear bench space, NHV, and safety features. Needless to say, family had a say in the final call, and wife was more impressed by the overall package of the Freestyle. Given she was coming from a Baleno, Freestyle was the perfect middle path for both of us. To be honest, Freestyle is not a dull car to drive, and thus I didnot feel I was making too much of a compromise.

This car is the perfect second car, and I have been strongly recommending it to everyone ever since the test drive.
amitayu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 14:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Had the same dilemma..and ended up buying the Freestyle!

However, the final decision to buy a Freestyle was based on other practical considerations like rear bench space, NHV, and safety features. Needless to say, family had a say in the final call, and wife was more impressed by the overall package of the Freestyle. Given she was coming from a Baleno, Freestyle was the perfect middle path for both of us. To be honest, Freestyle is not a dull car to drive, and thus I didnot feel I was making too much of a compromise.

This car is the perfect second car, and I have been strongly recommending it to everyone ever since the test drive.
This is very true. Esp for someone who is after refined, peppy, safe and practical petrol hatch, the Freestyle makes a compelling choice.

In fact we are taking delivery of Ruby Red Freestyle next week for family use!
Old 5th April 2019, 09:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of the Freestyle 1.2 Titanium couple of days back

Combat RoosterŽ | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP-20190405_095511_0000.png

Great cars in their own respect

Last edited by Mi10 : 5th April 2019 at 09:56.
Mi10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 12:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the 2 new rides and do post a comparison between them!

Cheers!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 07:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your new purchase. Both of them look hot. Is that a diesel? Though I'm not going to buy immediately, I'm in a quandary between the JTPs and Ford's TDCi. Can you post a quick comparison?

Edit: Just noticed it's a petrol.

Last edited by motobliss : 8th April 2019 at 08:02.
motobliss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 10:50   #52
BHPian

The roof of all JTP cars are painted black; does it increase the temperature within the car when parked outside?
supremoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 16:41   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo View Post
The roof of all JTP cars are painted black; does it increase the temperature within the car when parked outside?
Yes it makes the car quite warm and the dark roof lining on the inside doesn't help this either. The roof liner always feels warm to the touch . But the icing on the cake is that I find the AC to be quite effective and it cools down the car decently well, blacked out roof or not.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 23:12   #54
BHPian

Mi10, congrats on your purchase.

I have been thinking of buying a car and did a 4-5km test drive of Tigor JTP (no Tiago JTP test drive vehicle) from Concorde Motors in Velachery road. What a car! Loved driving it and came home with a huge smile, convinced wifey and got her approval. However, I am not 100% sure whether I need a car now and also don't want to miss this car like Abarth Punto.

Few questions:
1. From which dealer did you buy the car from?
2. I think Gurudev Motors is the only Authorized service center (per the attachment ksameer1234 shared in his thread of ASC for JTSV). Is it still the case?
3. How many Kms have you covered till date? How has been the service experience?

What annoyed me was the lack of basic things in Tiago compared to Tigor - No ACC, no boot/rear hatch release button, didn't notice the lack of rear camera till I read your thread.

My only wish was the seat height adjustment could go down a little further - I am 5'4" and even I felt the seat was a little too high than my preference especially because the steering is not reach adjustable. I can live with all the other drawbacks since the rear seat might never get used.
Astonite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 11:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
My only wish was the seat height adjustment could go down a little further - I am 5'4" and even I felt the seat was a little too high than my preference especially because the steering is not reach adjustable. I can live with all the other drawbacks since the rear seat might never get used.
If you want to TD a Tiago JTP then try KLN motors where I picked mine up.. they even brought the car to my house on a Sunday for a long TD.
If I'm not wrong even gurudev has a tiago for TD.

Regarding the seat height issue .. I did feel it too the first time I drove the car. But I've since gotten used to it. Mind you I am 6'3" tall and the car was definitely made for someone 2 sizes smaller than me.

Btw . My car has run 8200km . I can say that service has been fine. Nothing great nor is it bad. One thing is that in case you face any issue you can get in touch with JTSV and they will direct the service centre accordingly..

All the best .
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 11:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
If you want to TD a Tiago JTP then try KLN motors where I picked mine up.. they even brought the car to my house on a Sunday for a long TD.
If I'm not wrong even gurudev has a tiago for TD.
Didn't know KLN had one. Will check for sure. Which service center do you use? I'm a little skeptical about Gurudev because of their skoda reputation. Now at 7.9L OTR with touchscreen infotainment and ACC, it feel more VFM than it already is.
Old 17th September 2019, 11:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't know KLN had one. Will check for sure. Which service center do you use? I'm a little skeptical about Gurudev because of their skoda reputation.
I use KLN Ekattuthangal itself for service.

Quote:
Now at 7.9L OTR with touchscreen infotainment and ACC, it feel more VFM than it already is.
It is indeed! Though it is around 50k dearer from when I bought it.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 10:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
I use KLN Ekattuthangal itself for service.
I visited KLN last week. Finally they had a Red Tiago JTP. Finally got Wife's approval and the color of choice is Red. Still convincing myself to bite the bullet.

On another note, now with pro edition launched, that's going to make its way to the JTP maybe.
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I visited KLN last week. Finally they had a Red Tiago JTP. Finally got Wife's approval and the color of choice is Red. Still convincing myself to bite the bullet.

On another note, now with pro edition launched, that's going to make its way to the JTP maybe.
Just go for it, small niggles and annoyances aside. You will enjoy the car!
You'll find yourself making silly excuses for late night and Sunday morning drives!
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 18:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why bite ? go ahead and swallow the bullet !

Totally having ball of a time with this car. Complete Ego buster, total fun machine on city roads. You can literally feel the pressure the other bigger cars are having when they get desperate because you just blitz-passed them. It is not that the JTP is an allout fast car, just that the "Tiago" clothes set a very different expectation in people's mind !

Its got a very narrow power band, but when you get the gearing right and go WOT, its near maniacal take off catches most people off guard (both inside and outside of the car)

Last edited by Mi10 : 24th September 2019 at 18:21.
Mi10 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks