Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 16:46   #61
BHPian

Re: Chapter 5 | Epilogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
To summarize, If someone decided to read all our comments and cribs here in Teambhp over the last 15 years, and planned to make a car, the nearest possible production car would be a Tiago JTP! It is Special car that Connects, an emotion only enthusiasts are privy to!
Thank You for such a nice and detailed review. It was treat reading it. The way you have covered details is so good just like ksameer1234's review. Both of your reviews helped me confirm my decision to make up my mind to invest my money into a JTP. I must say you have a way with words like a poet only difference is You are deeply in love with Cars. Are you a Poet or a Writer by any chance ?

I resonate your passion when it comes to cars and look for the connect that you also look for irrespective of what car or maker it is. If it connects your heart you must go for it. We have lot of options today which give good mileage and features which usually doesn't make a enthusiast choose them. The raw feeling of enjoying a Car drive and the way it makes you Smile ear to ear is something which cannot be expressed in words.

I have decided on Tigor JTP as I come from a Suzuki Baleno 2007 for practical reasons. I see the brochure mentions few changes(Auto ACC, tinted glass, 7' TS, auto folding OVRM etc) which even I had given as a feedback to the vp in JTP after my test drives for both the cars. Hopefully the v2 version of JTPs have fixed the issues in v1 versions.

Any specific experience with the JTP team so far asking for detailed feedback or after purchase experience and followup?

Any feedback given really worked on ? I feel they are serious about making JTPs better as even the JTSV needs to succeed and continue with more lineup's coming from them.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2019 at 08:42. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:18   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Any specific experience with the JTP team so far asking for detailed feedback or after purchase experience and followup?

Any feedback given really worked on ? I feel they are serious about making JTPs better as even the JTSV needs to succeed and continue with more lineup's coming from them.
I would say the experience is good. The executives at JTSV are more than willing to sort out your issues and finding solutions.
Turrrb0 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 17:21   #63
BHPian

Re: Combat RoosterŽ | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP

Can one of the JTP owners post a pic of the Headlight illumination and focus. I had read in one other post the both the High/low beams together don't offer a good focusing and something's missing.

1. Does it get HL Leveler ?
2. Does the projectors have dual beams on single beam only for low beam ?
3. How is the overall focusing for highway driving with both beams ?
4. Any need for upgrading them ?
5. How is the Fog lamp focusing ?
Old 8th October 2019, 11:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I must say you have a way with words like a poet only difference is You are deeply in love with Cars. Are you a Poet or a Writer by any chance ?
Thanks for the generous compliments, I think we all get the poetic flair when it comes to describing automobiles

Quote:

Definitely the JTP crew is one of the strong points of the Tata-JTSV association. While we can ask for Moon and the sun now and then, for all practical help and reach-outs the JTP team is doing a fabulous job. I was actually expecting something like this when MUL formed Nexa, but it is a different story how they responded when i was owning an S-Cross.

Quote:
Can one of the JTP owners post a pic of the Headlight illumination and focus. I had read in one other post the both the High/low beams together don't offer a good focusing and something's missing.

1. Does it get HL Leveler ?
2. Does the projectors have dual beams on single beam only for low beam ?
3. How is the overall focusing for highway driving with both beams ?
4. Any need for upgrading them ?
5. How is the Fog lamp focusing ?
Will try to get the pic, but in opinion it is very good for the city and above average for the Highway, however you may need to spend some time in aligning the perfect point based on your driving terrain now and then.

I have seen HID upgrades gone horribly wrong, so i would prefer to stay away from them unless it comes with life-savings clauses. However i think you can opt for better Halogens from OSRAM or Philips for slightly improved illumination.

Honestly , most of the factory fog lamps are for aesthetics, surely nobody is going to hit a tree because his car didn't have a foglamp ! On that note, while driving in twilight zones, i prefer just the Fogs on , kinda feels classy
Mi10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 16:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

5500 Kms and Second service up

Crossed 5.5k recently, and completed by Second service. nothing spectacular about service or nothing remorseful to whine about ! The waiting time for just checks / topup and water wash was a bit below average though .

With respect to the car, nothing to complain about, that is if you keep your expectation at ground level and understand this is a Tata car. If you are expecting a seamless, premium hot hatch experience then you are bound to be disappointed with the non-driving part of the show.

Car actually is way to advanced beyond human comprehension of Science.
For no reason you ll find rattles, noises and chatter coming up but due its magical self healing property, they disappear ...again all of a sudden.

If you nail an specific issue and get it to the Service center, the car somehow knows this and behaves itself so nice and cool that you'll be looked as a madman by Service center reps

Jokes apart, you cant help smiling when you blaze past bigger cars, especially when they expect the Tiago to move like a tractor

Attaching my Mileage log. A 100% Honest and complete tankfull to tankfull content to get accurate mileage.

Parameters:
100 % City
Office Commute and Back and Weekend Mall / Shopping trips
90% AC
Driving Profile: Street Legal - Aggressive
Data from: March to Oct

Combat RoosterŽ | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP-screenshot_20191015074425.png

Here is my Rooster
Combat RoosterŽ | Mi10's Tata Tiago JTP-20190713_182316_hdr2.jpg

Last edited by Mi10 : 15th October 2019 at 16:10.
Mi10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 14:45   #66
BHPian

Re: 5500 Kms and Second service up

Quote:

With respect to the car, nothing to complain about, that is if you keep your expectation at ground level and understand this is a Tata car. If you are expecting a seamless, premium hot hatch experience then you are bound to be disappointed with the non-driving part of the show.

Car actually is way to advanced beyond human comprehension of Science.
For no reason you ll find rattles, noises and chatter coming up but due its magical self healing property, they disappear ...again all of a sudden.

If you nail an specific issue and get it to the Service center, the car somehow knows this and behaves itself so nice and cool that you'll be looked as a madman by Service center reps
Perfectly put, Mi10.

The most honest JTP feedback I've come across so far. Also one where I can totally relate to the quoted bits.
The usual rattles refused to show up during my TD with the service engineer at the second service. The look he gave me while giving the regular "Saar, this is normal saar." Priceless.
Turrrb0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 23:27   #67
BHPian

Quote:
We as enthusiast always tend to dream for improbable combination. Our dream car always has space for everything! We ask Power and Efficiency, Handling and Ride Quality, Build and Agility, Looks and Practicality !
Oh yes! we ask for Best in class Acceleration, best in class top speed and best in class in gear acceleration as well
and Yet...
...Need to be Value For Money!
Surely an average Indian Auto Enthusiast is too hard to please! And perhaps the reason why many of us go in for modifications. Some stick to wheel upgrades, others go about painting / wrapping and few others to remaps, engine builds, turbo add-ons,etc.. Many here pride in building a sleeper that smokes unsuspecting cars out of the blue! Few pride in making their cars look so good that people stop to see! End of the day, we all want something special for our cars! But what if one such a special car gets professionally built by an OEM!

To summarize, If someone decided to read all our comments and cribs here in Teambhp over the last 15 years, and planned to make a car, the nearest possible production car would be a Tiago JTP! It is Special car that Connects, an emotion only enthusiasts are privy to!

Attachment 1861857
Special Cars...Connect!

Hats off! Your review was an absolute treat to read. I became a TBHP member recently, but I have read your review multiple times over the last year as I was on the verge of buying a JTP. You have the passionate heart of a lover and eloquence of a screenwriter.

My JTP experience

After reading the reviews, I went to the dealership for a test drive and the Tigor JTP was available. I took it for a short test drive and luckily the test drive route had good corners and there was little traffic. The exhaust note while accelerating was damn good, I could immediately notice that the steering felt super sharp, I slotted the gear in third and pushed the accelerator . It was love at first drive. I was grinning like a mad person throughout the test drive. To be honest no other car has excited me so much.

The steering was precise and had great feedback. The acceleration was mad, the body roll was almost absent. I loved the car to bits. I came home and was singing praises about the car to my family and wife. My wife asked me to show the pictures and was like 'meh'. It was not aspirational for them, especially the brand name Tata and reminiscent looks of an Indica (at least for the common folks who don't know cars much). I tried my best to convince them that the JTP looks different and better.

I wanted to test drive the Tiago JTP as well, so went to another dealership and I liked it, but not as much as the Tigor. I somehow felt Tigor was better and felt more exciting (not sure what caused this). I was reading Marie Kondo at that time and she says "Discard everything in your life that does not spark Joy" To me, JTP sparked oodles of Joy and wanted to own her badly. It just felt like a perfect car for me. This crush was furthered by reading Mi10's posts. I actually took my wife as well for the Tiago JTP drive and I remember she literally screamed for 5-7 seconds when I pushed the accelerator hard and took a turn . It was quite an experience and she mentioned that the drive was like a roller-coaster.

Reasons for not buying
  1. Not aspirational (Hatch, Tata brand)
  2. Niggles (The test drive car dashboard rattled, the dashboard panels under the steering was sticking out as well)
  3. I wanted a bigger car
  4. Boot space, I wanted a car that can do (2-week) long trips and can accommodate the luggage for the same.
  5. My wife didn't like it (Yes, there I said it)

I bought a Nissan Kicks XV Diesel. To sum up, this exactly feels like when you get an arrange marriage after letting go of your love.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th April 2020 at 11:32. Reason: Extra smiley removed.
Godzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 11:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mi10!

You seem to have got yourself a gem of a car! It's quite sad that the JTSV division has shut down (I really wanted an Altroz JTP).
Could you please tell us how has the T.A.S.S been handling your car?

Also, what application do you use to keep a log of the fuel used by the car?

Thanks!
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 17:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Could you please tell us how has the T.A.S.S been handling your car?

Also, what application do you use to keep a log of the fuel used by the car?

Thanks!
So far just two Services done and dint have much to complain about, except for maybe i ll have to remind every time it is a JTP (more to do with exercising due caution from my end)

The App is Fuelio (only on Android)
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks