Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 09:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Ciazzler® | Our Nexa Blue Maruti-Suzuki Ciaz Petrol (Alpha)

Congrats SST. The Ciaz is definitely a good car. We have one in the family, in Kerala although its the AT variant. The space inside definitely impressed me, as well as the overall manners of the car in general.

Wishing you happy miles on it, and looking forward to further updates.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 10:09   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
That's not very appreciative of the power of sedans! I just completed a 4700-km trip with the car...
Power of sedans is good, but where...? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post2929862 (Hawk-On-Fours® (H-4®) with a tail - Scorpio mHawk 4WD EDIT: Sold!)

This is the post which makes the most sense on Team-BHP as of now [at least as far as car purchase go].
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 10:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations again Doc for the Ciaz. I read 3 points, especially in the Pros section and I couldn't agree more.
  • The Ciaz is well built, in a sense that it rattles way too less and the cabin indeed feels silent when cruising at highway speeds compared to all the other Marutis.
  • Only last week when I and another member were discussing the upcoming 1.5D from MSIL at a dealership, the MD of the said dealership was all praise for the low end of the 1.5 Petrol that I have never driven till date. No wonder your review also talks about it.
  • The ground clearance - Definitely not something we would like when taking on bad roads. I have seen my neighbor's previous gen Ciaz scrapping the lower lip of the front bumper on quite a few occasions despite careful maneuver. With full load of 5 adults, its tough to take on 'Bangalore Special' speedbreakers too.
However, despite all this, the Ciaz as an overall package is indeed a VFM deal to ignore. The space at rear and the neutral ride quality over highways will keep most of the occupants happy over those long journeys.

Wish you many wonderful miles on this new acquisition!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th April 2019 at 10:33.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car doc! Its appalling in this country we still dont know how to build speed breakers. It must have hurt to see scratches on a brand new car but the life of a car is hard in India unlike Australia. 5k and she already has scrapes and a bent rim due to potholes! How does it feel inaide the car? Safe enough? My biggest pet peeve with new age Maruti’s is how light they are.
extreme_torque is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 13:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Ciazzler SS-da.

Ciaz was among the last candidates standing in my car search, 5 months back. The reason S-Cross won the race was because of the factor Parag mentions below

In terms of space practicality, Ciaz was way ahead of the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The ground clearance
Before I bought this, I had a 2010 Corolla and one of the gripes was it would scrape any medium+ sized speed breaker on city roads or highway tolls.

While the Corolla took it very well, I wasn't very confident on putting the Ciaz through such abuse. And the feedback from Parag from his drive wasn't so encouraging.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 16:26   #21
BHPian

Congrats again SS Da !! Love the shade on that car. The car had a great run in doing a cross country. Your narration as usual was very gripping.

Wish you many miles & years with Ciazzler.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 16:52   #22
BANNED

Pros:
1. It offers the best value in its segment.
Compared to Hyundai Verna or Honda City which are available at 14-15 lakh for the top variant, the Ciaz Alpha petrol is far way reasonable from 11.2 lakhs for the top variant.
2. Space wise is best in the class in terms of cabin and boot space, but the headroom could have bit better.
3. Interiors and exteriors sport the simplistic and coolest style in the range.
4. The infotainment system which is made by electronic giant BOSCH is such a smooth system, in which, the voice command is fantastic.
5. The powertrain is a noticeably strong point with a punchy petrol engine. This petrol manual also can generate a mileage of around 15-16kmpl in city and around 17-18kmpl on the highway.
Cons
1. Interiors and exterior quality should be improved such as the hard plastic panels and several buttons including the window controls since it is shared with the lower price car (Alto, WagonR). The paint job of the exteriors should also be considered as well.
2. The seat comfort is not really on point due to the cushion even though space is big enough.

Last edited by IndianAutoEnthu : 8th April 2019 at 16:58.
IndianAutoEnthu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 18:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats SST. The Ciaz is definitely a good car. We have one in the family, in Kerala although its the AT variant. The space inside definitely impressed me, as well as the overall manners of the car in general.

Wishing you happy miles on it, and looking forward to further updates.
Thank you. The AT was under consideration for a short while, but given our driving pattern, a MT was sufficient, with less headaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Power of sedans is good, but where...? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post2929862 (Hawk-On-Fours® (H-4®) with a tail - Scorpio mHawk 4WD EDIT: Sold!)

This is the post which makes the most sense on Team-BHP as of now [at least as far as car purchase go].
LOL: Quoting me from 7 years ago must have have given you a lot of gleeful moments! In 7 years though, many things have changed:
A) The price of the Scorpio 4wd almost doubled, and there is no lower variant in 4wd guise. I would have spent another lakh or two to get an S4 4wd variant if it was available;
B) My average annual running has drastically reduced, and a petrol engine makes a lot more sense;
C) The government does not want me to own a diesel, and they would force me to scrap it in 10 years. And no, I am not shifting base to Purnea any time soon;
D) At least some of the roads have improved in the last 7 years. The YEW and ALE are cases in point, as well as the NH1 to Chandigarh and beyond. In the plains, on major highways, the sedan is quicker from point A to point B than an average SUV. For those mountain roads where a sedan is toast, I have the Thar;
E) I don't have the purchasing power of 7 years ago, especially since I spend a lot of my money on international flight tickets in the last 3 years;
F) My desire for 4wd vehicles has not disappeared, but I dream of 4wd-ing on another continent, where I can pick up a 10-15-year-old 4wd vehicle in superb condition really cheap, and taking a month-long trip in that, with equipment and through terrain that the Indian 4wd community can only drool about.

So priorities and circumstances change, but one thing didn't - try as I might, I couldn't catch you at home despite passing through Purnea twice in the last 6 months!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Congratulations again Doc for the Ciaz. I read 3 points, especially in the Pros section and I couldn't agree more.
  • The Ciaz is well built, in a sense that it rattles way too less and the cabin indeed feels silent when cruising at highway speeds compared to all the other Marutis.
  • Only last week when I and another member were discussing the upcoming 1.5D from MSIL at a dealership, the MD of the said dealership was all praise for the low end of the 1.5 Petrol that I have never driven till date. No wonder your review also talks about it.
  • The ground clearance - Definitely not something we would like when taking on bad roads. I have seen my neighbor's previous gen Ciaz scrapping the lower lip of the front bumper on quite a few occasions despite careful maneuver. With full load of 5 adults, its tough to take on 'Bangalore Special' speedbreakers too.
However, despite all this, the Ciaz as an overall package is indeed a VFM deal to ignore. The space at rear and the neutral ride quality over highways will keep most of the occupants happy over those long journeys.

Wish you many wonderful miles on this new acquisition!!
Thank you Parag. Indeed, I was expecting rattles to start up in 5000 km, but it is surprisingly quiet till now. The ground clearance is fine for 95% of speedbreakers I've encountered, but the ones that do scrape the underbody either do it at the sill or the main steel frame, without touching any critical components (including the fuel tank). In any case, the car is very unlikely to run with 5 passengers + luggage to any extent in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Congrats on the car doc! Its appalling in this country we still dont know how to build speed breakers. It must have hurt to see scratches on a brand new car but the life of a car is hard in India unlike Australia. 5k and she already has scrapes and a bent rim due to potholes! How does it feel inaide the car? Safe enough? My biggest pet peeve with new age Maruti’s is how light they are.
Thank you! Now don't get me started on the pros and cons of car ownership in Straya vs. India! Well, the feel in terms of safety in any car is purely based on the perceptions about safety that the driver has - and I worry more about the airheads on the road ahead than the airbags in the car. But in general, the car feels very well-built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Congratulations on your Ciazzler SS-da.

Ciaz was among the last candidates standing in my car search, 5 months back. The reason S-Cross won the race was because of the factor Parag mentions below

In terms of space practicality, Ciaz was way ahead of the race.

Before I bought this, I had a 2010 Corolla and one of the gripes was it would scrape any medium+ sized speed breaker on city roads or highway tolls.

While the Corolla took it very well, I wasn't very confident on putting the Ciaz through such abuse. And the feedback from Parag from his drive wasn't so encouraging.
Thank you. The S-Cross wasn't on my radar because I was trying to restrict my budget. Also, it's another SUV without 4wd, and I don't quite like that concept of a big car with small insides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Congrats again SS Da !! Love the shade on that car. The car had a great run in doing a cross country. Your narration as usual was very gripping.

Wish you many miles & years with Ciazzler.
Thank you for your wishes, Pawan.
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 23:15   #24
BHPian

Nicely penned initial ownership. Being the proud owner of a Ciaz, I can confidently say you've made an excellent choice In fact one can't go wrong with this vehicle. It ticks all the basics of a good family car - looks, interior & boot space, mileage, smooth, adequately powerful engine (especially the 1.5), & reliable after sales support (although in this regard you seem to have unluckily experienced a few lemons). And yes, Nexa blue looks the best.
1) I wonder why you didn't consider the petrol suv-ish AWD duster (other than Renault being not as good in A.S.S. as others).
2) I have been a similar victim of a devilish pot hole which suddenly popped out of nowhere in a small dip on a highway. A heart stopping crash of the front left wheel later, I was one tyre poorer (it had a clean through cut on the sidewall, like paper). Luckily the rim was undamaged. Cost me seven and a half grand to get it replaced. In my case, I have Apollo Acceleres which are hard wearing & hence noisy (the only grouse in an otherwise flawless highway machine). Planning to get softer, quieter rubber for my next set & upsize to 195/60 from 195/55.
3) I think ride quality will improve as you put in the miles. A tyre pressure of 31-32 is best, as per my experience.
Do keep the thread updated. Happy miles munching.
superbad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 08:43   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
1) I wonder why you didn't consider the petrol suv-ish AWD duster
I didn't know AWD was available in petrol in the Renault Duster.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 09:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
It is not. It comes only with top end 110ps RxZ diesel version. There is a 2l petrol 4WD available internationally but it was never launched in India.
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 09:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
My bad, you're right.
superbad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 10:23   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nicely penned initial ownership.
Thank you.
Quote:
...reliable after sales support (although in this regard you seem to have unluckily experienced a few lemons).
Not quite... MSM took in the car yesterday to repaint the scratch, and gave me a loaner car for the period. Accidents can happen in a severely congested service station, but it's how they handle the aftermath that matters. And till now, MSM has been satisfactory in this regard. Will see the paint quality and decide further.
Quote:
1) I wonder why you didn't consider the petrol suv-ish AWD duster (other than Renault being not as good in A.S.S. as others).
As Sheel and PapaBravo said, there is NO petrol AWD Duster being sold in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
It is not. It comes only with top end 110ps RxZ diesel version. There is a 2l petrol 4WD available internationally but it was never launched in India.
-------------------------------
Quote:
...upsize to 195/60 from 195/55.
Do let us know when you do.
Quote:
A tyre pressure of 31-32 is best, as per my experience.
Recommended is 29psi all round, I use 30 psi in all, except I was running the rear tyres at 32 psi on the trip, because of the extra load in the back (about 120 kg in the boot + 1 passenger).

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 9th April 2019 at 10:26.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 21:34   #29
BHPian

The law makers will be celebrating after reading your thread. They have made an enthusiast dump a proper 4x4 diesel guzzler in favour of an efficent pseudo hybrid petrol sedan parked in every second house. Mission Accomplished for them :(
jassi_jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 05:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I believe the scrapes are a part and parcel of owning a low-GC sedan. Even in the US I have seen several sedans with scraped bumpers, not due to speed breakers, but rather by brushing against the pavement while entering a driveway/parking lot.

The Ciaz is otherwise an extremely sensible buy and the new Petrol engine make it a joy to drive.

While we do not own one, I had the chance to travel in a Ciaz Taxi in Goa and the ride comfort and space inside seriously made us reconsider our decision of booking an S-Cross
Yash98 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks