Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 20:26   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Driver didn't spot a pothole - no stress.
Not so sure about the tyre bit! Those low profile 18 inchers are a cause for worry.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 23:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Not so sure about the tyre bit! Those low profile 18 inchers are a cause for worry.

Honestly though while 235/45 isn't the best it doesn't seem like the end of the world to me. If you're driving a long car that's kind of low you will be cautious. And an occasional pothole at higher than city speeds should ideally not be an issue unless it's at a very high speed or if the pothole is abnormally large, or both. And there's always an option of upsizing provided there's space for it. But that's just my opinion!
AnInternetUser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 13:22   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You're right about that - but I meant it more from a perspective of the car developing an annoying rattle.

That being said - 45 profile tyres are becoming exceedingly common with Germans on our roads, and they seem to be holding up fairly well for most part - a lot of it being down to the stronger RFT though.

Everything said and done though - you are right, I did miss out on that. Toyota should have learnt a lesson from the Innova Crysta debacle.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 12:00   #49
BHPian

Camry seems to be on a league of its own. I've been wanting to get this but somehow can't get myself to spend so much when i'm getting quotes for the passat highline at 33 on road and the comfortline at 29.75 onroad! The only thing stopping me is the dismal service setup in my city for Volkswagen. But is peace of mind worth nearly 10 lacs?
I was driving the Octavia previously which iv sold now after doing nearly 90k kms during which it had trips on the flatbed 4 times but the skoda dealer at the time was someone known so it was still an acceptable service experience. Now skoda has shut shop and recently appointed a new dealer in a nearby city who will cater to our city as well! (All the best with that)
I guess i can just dream on about the Camry!! Also I have yet to see the new Camry on the road yet in my city especially since the dealers are quoting a waiting period of 4-5 months!!
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 13:08   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Also I have yet to see the new Camry on the road yet in my city especially since the dealers are quoting a waiting period of 4-5 months!!
You're not alone . I travel 3+ days a week across IN and am yet to see even one in Delhi, BLR, Chennai or Mumbai!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 13:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
You're not alone . I travel 3+ days a week across IN and am yet to see even one in Delhi, BLR, Chennai or Mumbai!
Well I was lucky that way since I did get a chance to see one up close at Delhi and it looked amazing in white!
Old 26th April 2019, 17:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seen one customer vehicle driven by the chauffeur in Faridabad.
Looks modern & the dark colours/ shades hide the humongous grill pre well IMO.
However my only fear for this car is the penchant of people to install/ construct mountainous speed breakers near their homes in middle class colonies/ sectors. But I also understand this will be brought by people I posh localities/ sectors in any city.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 14:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

The Camry is selling currently @ 47.5 lacs on road Bangalore. Forget competing with the Passat or the Superb. The Camry is falling close to the 5 series in pricing (after discounts of course).

Last edited by vinaydas : 6th May 2019 at 14:46.
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:14   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Camry seems to be on a league of its own
Quote:
I travel 3+ days a week across IN and am yet to see even one in Delhi, BLR, Chennai or Mumbai!
Quote:
Well I was lucky that way since I did get a chance to see one up close at Delhi and it looked amazing in white!
I guess the Camry is Vapourware (other than the white). So yes it in a league of it's own (the league being vapourware).

We ordered one in February (colour preferences were Burnt Brown and Graphite) and were promised delivery by June 1st. Now even the dealer has no idea when they can get us a Camry - however they did offer us a white one a week ago.

Maybe the few that are being made are only in white.

Last edited by navin : 22nd July 2019 at 16:15.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:25   #55
BHPian

With this new budget, shouldn't the price of camry, accord reduce as the GST on EV has been reduced?
Old 25th July 2019, 21:32   #56
BHPian

Hi,
This version of Camry classifies as a hybrid and not an EV. My understanding is that EVs may not have petrol/diesel engines.

Thanks.

Last edited by subbarp : 25th July 2019 at 21:33.
Old 25th July 2019, 21:36   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
With this new budget, shouldn't the price of camry, accord reduce as the GST on EV has been reduced?
Refer this post of mine which i had made a few months ago;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4567076

Its still valid.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 11:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Saw this for the first time on road yesterday. The rear is very tastefully done. Took me a moment to realize its the new Camry. I initially thought it was a Lexus.
It masks its bulk really well form the rear.
The front though is another thing altogether. It was in the same shade as the one reviewed here and even then that front bumper looked extremely out of place. Good thing you are very comfortable driving this so the ugly front bumper probably does not bother you.
Old 3rd August 2019, 12:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

The US has many people converting their Prius into a plug in Hybrid post warranty, Toyota should themselves launch the Camry as a plug in Hybrid, many of us here would be able to do their daily commute on the battery itself.

Rahul
Old 16th August 2019, 08:24   #60
BHPian

I spotted the first one a few days back. Tail looks fantastic at night. The car has a solid classy presence from the rear perspective.

However, dealers in and around Gurgaon don't have one on display or test drive. Price is way too high - ridiculously high actually. Dealers have no interest in having many conversations for the car either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks