Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th July 2020, 10:14   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
That's incorrect. Both are based on the TNGA-K platform, shared globally between different models comprising of both Sedans & SUVs. The sedans include Toyota Camry, Avalon and the Lexus ES.

Both the cars on sale are in its latest generation. Though sharing the same platform, globally, Camry arrived earlier than the current gen ES.

Again no, both vehicles share the same latest generation of hybrid system. Though similar in displacement, the 2.5L A25A-FXS engine was all new compared to the 2.5L engines found in previous generations of both cars.

TNGA based Camry / Lexus ES utilises the A25A-FXS engine that indeed has port/direct injection. It is part of the new family of engines that were introduced along with the TNGA platform (within themselves having variations like TNGA-B,C,K etc) and currently contain 1.5 I3, 2.0L I4, 2.5 I4 and 3.5 V6 engines, in both conventional and hybrid variants. The 3.5V6 here is referring to the one available with current gen LS.

Do note that earlier generation of engines are still available on the newer platform (example the 3.5V6 2GR-FXS available for Camry in markets like Russia/North America).
I thought the Lexus ES was a facelift. Sorry for the wrong information.
sv97 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 10:48   #107
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am sure it is. Even a mundane car like the Prius is spooky quiet on the inside when you have just the EV going.
IMHO the vehicle is silent till you are on the move. The latest generation Camry still feels a bit short on sound insulation because you can very well hear the tire noise at city speeds, may be due to the complete silence while running in EV mode. As a Corolla Altis owner, I did find Camry to be better insulated but still it did not meet my expectations when I took a short test drive within the City limits.
sgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 00:43   #108
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Exchange rate will lead to Toyota Camry price hike

Toyota has announced that the prices of the Camry Hybrid and Vellfire MPV will be hiked from July 2020. The company claims that the rise in exchange rates has necessitated this hike in prices.

Attachment 2013979

At present, the Camry Hybrid BS6 is priced at Rs. 37.88 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), while prices for the Vellfire start at Rs. 79.50 lakh. Both cars are imported as completely built units (CBU).

The Camry Hybrid is powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol-hybrid produces 176 BHP @ 5,700 rpm and 221 Nm @ 3,600-5,200 rpm, along with an electric motor generator that is rated at 118 BHP and 202 Nm. The car comes with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

The Vellfire also gets a hybrid powertrain. It uses a 2.5-litre petrol engine developing 115 BHP and 198 Nm along with dual electric motors rated at 105 kW and 50 kW at the front and rear respectively.

Link to Team-BHP News
Brilliant desirable product. Even if the exchange rate changes led to increase in the prices, I am 100% sure that a more favourable exchange rate never leads to increase in the prices. Legendary Toyota realiability will get them customers at new prices. And this and Fortuner are the only two Toyotas that are desirable as well in India.
Old 12th July 2020, 06:33   #109
BHPian

I did a great drive last week. Just loved it in every aspect. Screams silence inside the cabin. I love it quiet inside the car.

I am not in the technicalities to describe the electricals and the mechanics of how this car moves, but what I loved is the space. Lots of space. I also loved the way it drives. Could not really tell when the car shifts to petrol. My wife and son instantly fell for it too.

I do plan to test drive one more time before I decide to take the plunge. I would not be inclined to check the superb ( thanks to the notorious stories of Skoda ). My wife somehow does not like the looks of the Passat , so, that is out too.
Old 16th July 2020, 02:01   #110
BHPian

Toyota Camry gets a global facelift for the year 2021. While the exterior changes are subtle, there is a significant change in the interior which now changes the dashboard layout to house a floating touch screen like how other cars in the Toyota family namely the Toyota RAV4 and the 2020 Toyota Corolla are using. There are also additions to the safety features and now there will also be a XSE sporty trim available in the Hybrid as well. Since India only sells the Hybrid which was earlier based on the XLE trim, it will be interesting to see if they bring in the XSE trim based Hybrid to India. More in the video below.

Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-2021toyotacamry.jpg  

Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-my21_camry_xle_001.jpg  

Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-my21_camry_xle_009.jpg  

Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-my21_camry_xle_008.jpg  

Starfire is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed