Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2020, 11:20   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Attachment 1985830
A steal even if the odd niggle happens!
Beautiful color and it will stand out there! Almost all the Camry I have seen till date are in white or silver.

Being a Toyota, niggles shouldn't be a concern here.

Regarding the need for a sofa, I must agree from my limited experience that the Camry has the MOST COMFORTABLE rear seat among cars.

OT: Toyota dealers seems to have stock of BS4 cars. Does the Etios Cross come in BS6 now? I see quite a few such brand new cars in the background.
Old 30th March 2020, 12:00   #92
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Dealer suggested this 2018 car done 55 kms. Think it was a validation model.
This shade was introduced recently. It looks absolutely smashing in the flesh. Certainly the most striking colour in the Camry.
Old 30th March 2020, 12:49   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
This shade was introduced recently. It looks absolutely smashing in the flesh. Certainly the most striking colour in the Camry.
Looks like it's the Red Mica shade and this 2018 vehicles must have been a CBU brought in for validation, as per ajmat's post.

Till date in BLR, I have seen only 2 Camry Hybrids. Even a Mumbai-based friend (who has a Burning Black one since ~October 2019) could recall only 1 occasion when he saw another one. His daily commute is 7 km on the WEH so he should be seeing a lot of cars daily .
Old 30th March 2020, 16:08   #94
BHPian

There's also a few brown ones I have seen here in Mumbai, not this red shade though.For 39 OTR that's a great deal, I reckon in Bangalore. The current OTR is a shade over 45
Old 6th June 2020, 14:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

Exchange rate will lead to Toyota Camry price hike

Toyota has announced that the prices of the Camry Hybrid and Vellfire MPV will be hiked from July 2020. The company claims that the rise in exchange rates has necessitated this hike in prices.

Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-camrybanner2.jpg

At present, the Camry Hybrid BS6 is priced at Rs. 37.88 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), while prices for the Vellfire start at Rs. 79.50 lakh. Both cars are imported as completely built units (CBU).

The Camry Hybrid is powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol-hybrid produces 176 BHP @ 5,700 rpm and 221 Nm @ 3,600-5,200 rpm, along with an electric motor generator that is rated at 118 BHP and 202 Nm. The car comes with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

The Vellfire also gets a hybrid powertrain. It uses a 2.5-litre petrol engine developing 115 BHP and 198 Nm along with dual electric motors rated at 105 kW and 50 kW at the front and rear respectively.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 07:45   #96
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

My car has done 600+ kms in 3 month, as the lockdown ensured that driving around was limited! Completed my 1st free service, once the service centres opened up.

The car has been a real pleasure the drive. Enjoy the Sport Mode very much. The seamless switch from EV to IC Engine to EV is such a fantastic experience.

On flat roads with slight downhill inclines, I have achieved 70 kmph on EV and the petrol engine will come on seamlessly as the gradients change!

Last evening I drove back home from Hennur via the Ring Road, Hebbal, Mekri Circle and Bensson Town. The light traffic and flat roads, ensured the EV was working most of the time.

Trip- 11.9 kms, Time- 24 minutes, Mileage - 24 kmpl!
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-2.jpg

In the city, the car has been averaging 14 kmpl. Superb mileage for such a big car
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-1.jpg

Waiting to do my first outstation trip.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 22:56   #97
BHPian

Camry prices increased by 1.14 lacs now starts at 39.02 lacs ex-showroom.

Last edited by sv97 : 2nd July 2020 at 22:58.
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:03   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Steep, but I doubt it would deter many prospective buyers who have already accepted the steep price tag.

For others however it does make one question the rationale behind picking the Camry over the brilliantly equipped & more powerful Superb L&K at ₹33L with 6 year extended warranty, or stretching for the base lexus ES at 51L (pre-discounts).
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 03:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The car has been a real pleasure the drive.
I am sure it is. Even a mundane car like the Prius is spooky quiet on the inside when you have just the EV going.

537 km reported on your trip computer. Is that actual km's after a you tanked up?

The hybrid system is mostly an advantage in the city cycle. That is where you gain on economy as the IC engine is hardly running. Sometimes as little as 30% on a trip. If your going down a hill and get off the gas pedal, that keeps topping up the EV battery. The highway cycle requires the IC engine to maintain momentum and speed.

All in all, it is such a brilliant system. Toyota, in their usual conservative approach to things, have made minor updates to the hybrid system over the last 2 decades.

Curious to know if Toyota India have started to sell the Camry with the D4S engine that incorporates Port and Direct Injection. These have the ability to switch their combustion cycles too, between Otto and Atkinson, based on demand.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 3rd July 2020 at 03:57.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 11:16   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Steep, but I doubt it would deter many prospective buyers who have already accepted the steep price tag.

For others however it does make one question the rationale behind picking the Camry over the brilliantly equipped & more powerful Superb L&K at ₹33L with 6 year extended warranty, or stretching for the base lexus ES at 51L (pre-discounts).
The Lexus apart from the brand value loses out on many features compared to the camry and also the camry is a new generation while the Lexus is at the end of its life cycle.
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
The Lexus apart from the brand value loses out on many features compared to the camry and also the camry is a new generation while the Lexus is at the end of its life cycle.
Is it true, I thought Lexus has more features than Camry. Also apart from the features is there any difference in the type of hybrid system between these two cars are these of exact same specs with similar tune. What about the battery hope it is not different.
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:27   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Is it true, I thought Lexus has more features than Camry. Also apart from the features is there any difference in the type of hybrid system between these two cars are these of exact same specs with similar tune. What about the battery hope it is not different.
I think there is a difference in the hybrid system since the camry being a new generation has an upgraded hybrid system and talking about features Lexus has a few features which are not there in camry but on the whole the camry also has a few more usable features over the Lexus such as a touchscreen and touch based control in the backseat armrest to name a few.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
The Camry is a brilliant car, unmatched in terms of comfort and reliability. Though features-wise it does lose out to it's immediate competitors (Skoda Superb & Volkswagen Passat).

I considered the Camry when I was in the market for a new car back in 2018, but walked away due to the price and a few missing features which are common in this segment. Ended up getting the Passat after considering all factors.

Going by their pricing strategy, Toyota seem be to be trying very hard to kill the model! I wonder how many people would be fine with coughing up Mercedes / BMW money for the Camry, in the presence of the Passat & Superb.
fordfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 18:50   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is true, but for most buyers, they may just be swayed by the more premium Lexus ownership experience, nicer interiors, etc.
Old 5th July 2020, 23:26   #105
BHPian

Quote:
the camry is a new generation while the Lexus is at the end of its life cycle.
That's incorrect. Both are based on the TNGA-K platform, shared globally between different models comprising of both Sedans & SUVs. The sedans include Toyota Camry, Avalon and the Lexus ES.

Both the cars on sale are in its latest generation. Though sharing the same platform, globally, Camry arrived earlier than the current gen ES.

Quote:
I think there is a difference in the hybrid system since the camry being a new generation has an upgraded hybrid system and
Again no, both vehicles share the same latest generation of hybrid system. Though similar in displacement, the 2.5L A25A-FXS engine was all new compared to the 2.5L engines found in previous generations of both cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Curious to know if Toyota India have started to sell the Camry with the D4S engine that incorporates Port and Direct Injection.
TNGA based Camry / Lexus ES utilises the A25A-FXS engine that indeed has port/direct injection. It is part of the new family of engines that were introduced along with the TNGA platform (within themselves having variations like TNGA-B,C,K etc) and currently contain 1.5 I3, 2.0L I4, 2.5 I4 and 3.5 V6 engines, in both conventional and hybrid variants. The 3.5V6 here is referring to the one available with current gen LS.

Do note that earlier generation of engines are still available on the newer platform (example the 3.5V6 2GR-FXS available for Camry in markets like Russia/North America).
avinash_clt is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks