Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2007, 20:28   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
RT I did mentioned the on road Mumbai prices in my earlier post. 5.69 non ABS VDi and 6.92 with ABS .

Even 5.69 is pretty steep for the equipment you get in the VDi. Interiors look pretty dull in my opinion
Exactly ! Even I feel that at 5 lac+ at least they could have provided with a beige classy interiors, if not in the Ldi at least in the Vdi. But it appears that Maruti was probably in a hurry to release the Swift Diesel. Interiors is the only place where Maruti needs to focus on now! If that is done, then there is no competition at all. I did saw one Beige Swift somewhere which was painted with Beige colours. The Red Swift with hot Beige Interiors and leather like soft seats rocked for sure. The whole job costed around Rs. 45,000. I believe that the beige colour may fade after some time, but yet it looked great.

People will spend 5 lacs + only for Maruti's service and the engine / ride quality
Old 10th February 2007, 10:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Yep that was a typo on my part sorry. Its 5.92 with ABS. But still expensive in my opinion
Old 10th February 2007, 19:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
As soon as the tacho registers 2000rpm (any gear mind you) the engine suddenly wakes up, your are pinned to your seat and cars lunges forward as if its headed for horizon. The tidal wave of torque after 2k's rpm is pure adrenalin rush, addictive to say the least and we are talking about a humble 1248CC diesel engine. Past 2000rpm the acceleration is amazing. People driving behind you or by your side would be thinking, "What hit him" as the swift just flies and becomes a dot in front.
Anybody know the 0-100 timings for the swift diesel.
Old 10th February 2007, 21:14   #79
nbr
BHPian

Should the SWIFT D engine be kept in 1 minute idle before switching the motor on/off ,like the TATA turbodiesels ?Can anyone please clarify on this.
Old 11th February 2007, 00:04   #80
BHPian

Guys, i dont know, but lots of ppl here say that, swifts Interiors are dark and claustrphobic for rear passengers, does anyone see that as a major drawback.
Will seat covers improve the feel in anyway.
Guys please post your views.
Old 11th February 2007, 00:30   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Anybody know the 0-100 timings for the swift diesel.
According to Autocar its 13.XX seconds, almost similar to petrol swift.... but then the petrol wont be able to match the ingear acceleration of the diesel.
Old 11th February 2007, 20:53   #82

XX=8, hehe, i meant swift diesel does 0-100 in 13.8 seconds, around one sec slower than the petrol swift but the diesel sure feels a lot better to drive. u feel the rush drivin crdi cars(multijet included)!
Old 12th February 2007, 14:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Should the SWIFT D engine be kept in 1 minute idle before switching the motor on/off ,like the TATA turbodiesels ?Can anyone please clarify on this.
I test drove the Swift DDi yesterday. The person from Maruti said that after key is turned to start engine, one should wait for a symbol(turbo?) on dash to disappear, Then only turn the key further to start. When I was about to turn off engine he asked me to wait for few seconds. I did not ask why.
Old 12th February 2007, 15:02   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
I test drove the Swift DDi yesterday. The person from Maruti said that after key is turned to start engine, one should wait for a symbol(turbo?) on dash to disappear, Then only turn the key further to start. When I was about to turn off engine he asked me to wait for few seconds. I did not ask why.
All diesel cars having a turbocharger should always be turned on after the signal disappears and idled for a few seconds before rolling on.

And, same applies for switching off the engine, if not an extended driving ( 3-7kms types) you switch off engine after 30 secs and if its extended driving with high revving then it is advised not to switch off the engine before atleast waiting for 2 mins

If you dont do the above, your risking failure of turbocharger of your car. I follow the above very strictly
Old 12th February 2007, 18:00   #85
BHPian

I have a Swift ZXi, and no one who has been on the rear seat has complained of feeling claustrophobic. My wife, who feels claustrophobic in most cars, is also okay with the rear seat. But yes, rear visibility is an issue with the Swift and I depend on rear sensors.

-Ivor
Old 13th February 2007, 00:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Is there any news that Fiat or MUL might be launching other cars (like Baleno) with the VGT version of the same diesel unit? I am looking to buy a car, and still think that no matter how good this engine is, 75 horses are a lil less. So if I can wait it out for a better option than why not. (I am not considering Verna caz of its looks).
Old 13th February 2007, 03:50   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Is there any news that Fiat or MUL might be launching other cars (like Baleno) with the VGT version of the same diesel unit? I am looking to buy a car, and still think that no matter how good this engine is, 75 horses are a lil less. So if I can wait it out for a better option than why not. (I am not considering Verna caz of its looks).
Get a Pete's box installed in it which puts out 90bhp
Old 13th February 2007, 13:00   #88
BHPian

Its Immobilizer Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post

Hey I own a DDSi, there is no turbo light in the dashbaord. Its the new Immobilizer, once you put the key in, the secureid component on the key interacts with the car system and validates the key and then the light goes off.
Old 13th February 2007, 22:49   #89

hi i wanted to know how long a swift vdi will take for delivery in bangalore....vishnu, u seemed to have gotten urs pretty quick...so did dileep(trivandrum) thou... i booked it around 12 days back and tht time they told me around 2.5 months minimum...am i being taken for a ride or do we actually have to wait that long?
Old 13th February 2007, 23:46   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjinx View Post
hi i wanted to know how long a swift vdi will take for delivery in bangalore....vishnu, u seemed to have gotten urs pretty quick...so did dileep(trivandrum) thou... i booked it around 12 days back and tht time they told me around 2.5 months minimum...am i being taken for a ride or do we actually have to wait that long?
Actually I took the delivery from the first lot that arrived to Sagar Automobiles, Bangalore. Initially they made some fuss and said its going to take 30-45 days, then I contacted Pratham Motors and he said he can give it in 2 weeks time, then I came back to Sagar to cancel my booking. Since Sagar dint want to cancel the booking, he accepted to the two week delivery but then they delivered it ahead of schedule in a week. So putting pressure at the ends would definitely fasten the delivery, thats in my experience.

Most Viewed