Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2021, 10:41   #76

Re: Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi

Inspired by Jithin's post, I enabled TPMS in my Flyaudio Ecosport (2019) Titanium+ Automatic. Definitely not cheap upgrade, but I feel completely worth it.

Thanks a lot Jithin!

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-tpms_enabled.jpg
sdeepak29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 13:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeepak29 View Post
Inspired by Jithin's post, I enabled TPMS in my Flyaudio Ecosport (2019) Titanium+ Automatic. Definitely not cheap upgrade, but I feel completely worth it.

Thanks a lot Jithin!
Thanks for Acknowledging Deepak! We did get sensors from Aliexpress but OEM warranty is available on the sensors, hence the additional cost. Enjoy your steed and I'm waiting for the next mod to come
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 18:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Thanks for Acknowledging Deepak! We did get sensors from Aliexpress but OEM warranty is available on the sensors, hence the additional cost. Enjoy your steed and I'm waiting for the next mod to come
Hi, about the TPMS - I have it already in my Endeavour but how do I get it to show tyre pressures like this? Right now there’s only a TPMS light on the dash when tyre pressure goes low.
Old 16th July 2021, 19:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Hi, about the TPMS - I have it already in my Endeavour but how do I get it to show tyre pressures like this? Right now there’s only a TPMS light on the dash when tyre pressure goes low.
Hi, You can view it if you go to Vehicle settings -> Information -> Tyre pressure in the speedometer MID screen. If it's not displaying, then we can enable it using forscan. It can be done under 10 minutes. However, the sensors need to be OEM ones.
Old 16th July 2021, 20:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, You can view it if you go to Vehicle settings -> Information -> Tyre pressure in the speedometer MID screen. If it's not displaying, then we can enable it using forscan. It can be done under 10 minutes. However, the sensors need to be OEM ones.
Not displaying unfortunately and yes Endeavour has oem sensors.
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:28   #81
BHPian

55,000km Update:

Blue baby has received a big update in the form of a Sync 3 Unlock, akin to rooting a phone.

Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-sync-3-a.html (Some interesting DIY modifications in Ford's Sync 3)

Everything else is quite good with the car except for the headlight throw as the illumination from the bulbs have reduced considerably. Will upgrade the bulbs to Philips NightVision G-force pretty soon as I'm almost maxed out with the mods in my car and I do quite a bit of night driving. Plus I don't want to spend a bomb for lights.

The other obvious gripe is a full tank diesel will cost half the EMI amount(4-4.5k for a tankful of diesel). The saving grace is the range. Minimum of 750-850 km in one full tank.

Another Interesting thing is the TPMS displays a different color in case if any wheel is underinflated or flat. I tried this experiment because I wanted to fill in Nitrogen in all the tyres. Neat touch by FoMoCo! Totally worth the investment on the sensors.

The experiment done to TPMS while shifting from air to nitrogen
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210801_162056.jpg

And a customary pic of blue baby, but this time from its birthplace.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210724_170033__01.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Not displaying unfortunately and yes Endeavour has oem sensors.
You can enable these using Forscan or you can take help from Bhpian Jhenu as he too resides in Chennai
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to you kick starting the mods on your car, I got a couple of features enabled on my car via a fellow enthusiast in Pune. I got the navigation on MID, cornering fog lamps and ST splash screen done .

I have the stock S cluster and have noticed a bug with the navigation on MID. I think there is no symbol when dealing with roundabouts so the image will not update till the next change. Is this supported on your cluster ?
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:15   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Thanks to you kick starting the mods on your car, I got a couple of features enabled on my car via a fellow enthusiast in Pune. I got the navigation on MID, cornering fog lamps and ST splash screen done .

I have the stock S cluster and have noticed a bug with the navigation on MID. I think there is no symbol when dealing with roundabouts so the image will not update till the next change. Is this supported on your cluster ?
That's awesome Tarun. Good to know. For the Navigation part, i do get thr roundabouts too in my MID. I think the cluster firmware might be a different version in your car. Plus what version and build of sync 3 is running in your car currently?
Old 2nd August 2021, 23:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's awesome Tarun. Good to know. For the Navigation part, i do get thr roundabouts too in my MID. I think the cluster firmware might be a different version in your car. Plus what version and build of sync 3 is running in your car currently?
Sync is version 3.4, so guess it's just the cluster firmware. The stock cluster may not be supporting all the symbols.
Old 3rd August 2021, 21:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Sync is version 3.4, so guess it's just the cluster firmware. The stock cluster may not be supporting all the symbols.

Try updating sync 3 to the latest build and it might get your bug cleared
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:08   #86
BHPian

Quote:
I managed to find a screen grab of the one you were asking for. Hope this helps

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210805_123013.jpg
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:40   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to find a screen grab of the one you were asking for. Hope this helps

Attachment 2188745
Noticing that your car has now done close to 56k kms, how is your clutch holding up? Has it become hard to a fault that you find it cumbersome in Blore traffic or is it not as bad?

On my 2017 Figo which had done 50k the clutch never felt unbearably hard and I never found it difficult to drive it in traffic. But on a recent test drive, the clutch on the Ecosport felt inordinately hard and almost scared me away from looking at it as an option! Family loved the S variant looks, interiors and even the space on offer was more than enough for our nuclear family of 3. Comfort was amazing on the 2021 variant as well with the road undulations not being transferred into the cabin. But the clutch on the TD car was so bad that it is almost out of contention. Adding Ford's likely exit by end of the year, does not inspire confidence to put down 15 big ones on this.
Old 5th August 2021, 14:32   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Noticing that your car has now done close to 56k kms, how is your clutch holding up? Has it become hard to a fault that you find it cumbersome in Blore traffic or is it not as bad?

On my 2017 Figo which had done 50k the clutch never felt unbearably hard and I never found it difficult to drive it in traffic. But on a recent test drive, the clutch on the Ecosport felt inordinately hard and almost scared me away from looking at it as an option! Family loved the S variant looks, interiors and even the space on offer was more than enough for our nuclear family of 3. Comfort was amazing on the 2021 variant as well with the road undulations not being transferred into the cabin. But the clutch on the TD car was so bad that it is almost out of contention. Adding Ford's likely exit by end of the year, does not inspire confidence to put down 15 big ones on this.
Actually it depends on the driving position. Even shoes make a difference. With barefoot driving, the clutch feels more hard. If the driving position is a bit off, then the clutch becomes a pain in traffic. If you're going to drive in peak traffic daily, then it's not advisable. If it's a 60-40 Highway city split, then TDCi makes sense.

I've done clutch bleeding and only my Dad and I use the car. The TD cars will had a bad clutch because of multiple users driving the car. Check with another dealer too.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 14:48   #89
BHPian

Headlight bulb Swap

I was quite happy with the stock headlamps until recently when I was driving at night, I couldn't see the speed breakers at all. So I decided to go for a bulb swap as I don't want to spend a bomb on headlights.

Credit goes to Mr. Suryanarayana Kannan for guiding me through this process and helping me to select and guide with the headlight alignment.

I spent 5k for all 6 bulbs and it's worth the price compared to spending 20-30k on headlights.

Interesting part is Ford also gave the stock bulbs from Philips and Osram but of a lower grade spec.

H7 Low beam- Philips xtremvision gforce= 900 each
H11 Fog lamp- Philips xtremvison gforce= 900 each
H1 High beam- Osram night breaker= 1500 a pair.

I couldn't find Philips xtremvision gforce for H1 so I went with Osram.

The low beam and fog bulb needs to be cut in this manner so that the bulbs fit snugly in the headlamp housing.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20210801wa0021.jpg

There's a day and night difference in the light output after the upgrade. These are before alignment of the headlight

Low beam
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210805_213059.jpg

Low beam+Fogs
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210805_213109.jpg

After headlight alignment(reference image of this bulb setup)
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20210801wa0022.jpg

To align the headlights correctly, you need a T shape 6 or 8 mm Allen key to adjust the white screw. Keep the car at a distance of 25.m from the target and then the upper half of the Z and lower half of the Z beam pattern must align with the 2 targets marked on the wall.

This is the screw which is between the low and high beam barrel of the headlight assembly once you open the bonnet.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210806_143940.jpg

Plus I have changed some more backgrounds in sync 3 which look much sharper.

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210806_133608.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210806_133557.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210806_133549.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210806_133543.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210806_133534.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20210806_133522.jpg
jithin23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 11:52   #90
BHPian

Hi Jithin,

I own a 2021Titanium model of Ecosport. This has Flyaudio with 3.5" MID. I learned about your upgrade for the TPMS. I have few queries on that.

1. Is this possible on my model? Can this be enabled on MID for this model?
2. Which OBD2 tool you used with Forscan? The one mentioned in Forscan website is very costly in India. Do you know of any other cheap but working alternative that is compatible with Forscan?
3. I am not sure if I 'll be able to procure the sensors from the FASS. I saw few sensors in BOODMO but do you have the exact part no. that is compatible?
4. Is it ok to ask FASS about its installation and activation? I don't want any warranty to be void.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks