Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2022, 02:30   #106
BHPian

Re: Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi

Quick update:

My stock battery is on its last legs and I have changed the battery to Motocraft 55Ah battery after exchange for about 4k and have also changed the engine underbody guard to a custom made moulded guard as the stock cardboard guard would get sogged up every monsoon. This guard was procured by EcosTVM team(EcoSport owners group Trivandrum)for me at a cost of 5k. Absolutely worth the price and the quality is sturdy. We have given a slot to access the drain bolt as well so that the FASS guys would not keep the guard half open.

Meanwhile I got the Gearbox bedding changed in warranty. The part alone costs 5k if it was out of warranty.

The custom engine sump guard
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211230201718.jpg

Oil filter pic and part number
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220204155607.jpg

Drain bolt
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220204155603.jpg

The gearbox bedding is that black shiny part
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220204152837.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 6th March 2022 at 13:26. Reason: Edited as requested
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 15:32   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
70,000km update

Decided for the biryani drive as the Ladakh trip didn't go quite well(This is for another day)
First of all, must congratulate your for this amazingly documented thread Jithin A brilliant thread for all Ecosport enthusiasts to know their vehicle much better. And a bow for the patience and effort you have put in over the years to explore the possibilities of the vehicle and in sharing the knowledge across

BTW, if you are planning a Ladhak trip, and need any contacts, let me know! Would be happy to join as well brainstorm together in exploring the landscape with another Ecosport
witwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 01:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwat View Post
First of all, must congratulate your for this amazingly documented thread Jithin A brilliant thread for all Ecosport enthusiasts to know their vehicle much better. And a bow for the patience and effort you have put in over the years to explore the possibilities of the vehicle and in sharing the knowledge across

BTW, if you are planning a Ladhak trip, and need any contacts, let me know! Would be happy to join as well brainstorm together in exploring the landscape with another Ecosport
Hey, thanks and I've done a ladakh trip recently( 2 days ago) with my 2nd EcoSport christened the Red Dragon.

Would love to join sometime soon
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:05   #109

Quote:
Hey, thanks and I've done a ladakh trip recently( 2 days ago) with my 2nd EcoSport christened the Red Dragon.

Would love to join sometime soon

Oh Amazing! Hope you had a wonderful experience

That case, I shall reach out to you for any tips!
witwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 02:02   #110
BHPian

Mid Life Updates to the Blue Baby

78,000 km update:

As the blue baby is warming up towards the 6 digit odometer reading soon, I've changed the clutch pack and got the engine decarbonized at Carbon Cleaning near Jakkur

Location:https://g.page/hho-engine-carbon-cleaning-cente?share

It's unlike the regular decarbonization centers where they use an additive in the fuel tank. The air filter is opened and a liquid called HHO is used in the small tube fixed with a suction cup. The engine is switched on through the process and we need to drive within 1.5k rpm for 10 kms for the decarbonization magic to happen. After a few hundred kms, the car feels more eager to drive. The process costs about Rs. 2,500

Also, I replaced the aftermarket camera on my sync 3 with the adaptive guideline one by Blaupunkt as suggested by a Pune group member known as Swapnil Kunjir. Here's the link for the model. The cost for this camera is about Rs 2,300 after discounts on GoMechanic

Link:https://blaupunkt.com/c_ind/product/...amera-bc-dh05/

Some pics for reference

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220822101458.jpg

Night view
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220922wa0052.jpg

Day view. The white line is the adaptive guide line in action
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20220929_021815.jpg

The functioning of the adaptive guidelines works when the car is in reverse motion and the steering wheel turned simultaneously. However there is a lag in the adaptive guideline sync though, but does the job

Another mid life update I’ve given the blue baby is the glove box lamp which is present in the Titanium+ with sync 3. I bought the part thinking that there will be a glass beneath it, but when the part arrived, it came without the glass and then my mind moved towards repurposing that part. It does help immensely during night journeys as we need to search for some document or things inside the glovebox. I ordered the part via SMP Auto Parts, GP Road(Chennai)

SMP Auto Parts
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220813115052.jpg

Part number for the glovebox light
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220828130005.jpg

Cost of this mod- 750(part)+500(electrician's labor+crimps)

This light works similar to the light control used in refrigerator doors

The steps to work on this are:

First, prepare a harness using the crimps which are used for connecting the horn terminals.

Harness prepared. Please make a pair like the one shown in the image for connecting the harness to the light
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220829193449.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220829193757.jpg

Then detach the glovebox and search for an accessory power which turns on during Ignition

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220829183527.jpg

The part in flesh
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220828125956.jpg

Wire connected to the part
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220829205021.jpg

Once the power source and ground is found, you can fit the switch in the empty slot(it sits flush) and then you can assemble back the glovebox. New mod unlocked

The empty circular slots is meant for the glovebox light. The upper portion of the glovebox can be pulled like a drawer easily.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220830200238.jpg

The output
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220830204236.jpg

In low light
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220830210436.jpg

Update on the mod scene: I'm giving the Digital Speedometer a pass as I prefer the analog+color combo which is present currently in both my cars and moreover the cost in obscenely expensive, which isn't worth for 60k. 25-30k, I would have given it a thought.

Regarding Global windows, Unfortunately these won't work unless we change the switches as well as the hall motors and winders if we need to use it the OE way. Aftermarket modules are available for about 4-5k. However, I'd give this a pass too

So, the blue baby is good for another few more months till I get the most awaited mod which is Hill Assist/ESP and auto dimming mirror(very useful or I'm spoilt by my Titanium+ ) I'm almost close on my research for this as well as the parts to procure it, I'd certainly like to finish this mod before leaving the country and then call it a day for modding the Blue baby.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2022 at 11:33. Reason: As requested
jithin23 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 22:27   #111
BHPian

Quote:
The air filter is opened and a liquid called HHO is used in the small tube fixed with a suction cup.
What happens to the engine oil after this process? Was it replaced or remains as it is ?
maheshm619 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 22:28   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
What happens to the engine oil after this process? Was it replaced or remains as it is ?
The answer is in the Hindi word for "Bell" or the English words "snak oil"

https://www.timesonline.com/story/ne...o/18312750007/
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 22:29   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Engine oil remains unaffected. An ideal scenario would be to do it 1000-1500 kms before the next oil change. Even after oil change too this process can be done. I've confirmed with a few car mechanics as well as some friends who run decarbonizing centers.
Old 30th September 2022, 22:36   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The answer is in the Hindi word for "Bell" or the English words "snak oil"

Quote:
Engine oil remains unaffected.

Its a bit hard to digest as residual carbon has to go somewhere and the easiest part would be oil, since it is under circulation.

I've had doubts with such additives (eg: Ceramic based micro additives to engine oil) since in one youtube video, a mechanic opened the engine valve cover and additives were sticking on to internals like a thin paste and were hard to remove.
maheshm619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 22:43   #115
BHPian

Quote:

Its a bit hard to digest as residual carbon has to go somewhere and the easiest part would be oil, since it is under circulation.

I've had doubts with such additives (eg: Ceramic based micro additives to engine oil) since in one Youtube video, a mechanic opened the engine valve cover and additives were sticking on to internals like a thin paste and were hard to remove.
With respect to additives, I usually desist adding any fuel or engine additive regularly as it causes more harm than good. Once I had almost ended up getting my bike engine seized as the mechanic from the authorized service center had added an additive. From then on I don't use any additive in my vehicles except for engine flush(that too only when I'm Changing from Mineral/Semi synthetic to synthetic).

And these are done once every 2-3 years or about 40-50,000 kms.

To each their own

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2022 at 05:04. Reason: Typo
Old 4th December 2022, 01:58   #116
BHPian

82,000km update

Life has been business as usual for blue baby and this car ages like fine wine!

So I thought of upgrading my brake pads to brembos from Engineering Exponent and one of my close contacts at Ford managed to arrange the alloy wheel which was about to be launched in the facelift before the company to shut it's doors.

I used the same tpms sensors and no issues with respect to its functioning as such.

Stock wheels
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20190416_15532701.jpeg

The first 4 pics are after the wheel swap! Looks way more classier than the stock wheels of Titanium Variant
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221203wa0038.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221203wa0032.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221203wa0031.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221203wa0029.jpg

TPMS doing its job well. 43 psi was a tad too much and these air guys fill up like crazy
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221120083529.jpg

Brembos
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221109175605.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221109175609.jpg

The stock brake pad was almost at 1 mm
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20221109181319.jpg

Part number for brembo brake pads
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img_20221204_015232.jpg

A quick review on the brake pads:

The stock one itself has a good bite but I changed the brake pad as the distance the brake pad was used was pretty high and I wanted to test the brembo ones. The brembo ones really do make a difference in braking after the bedding in period of 600-800 one. Overall a good buy and a recommended one in case you're going for new brake pads. Also, the cost is similar to OE brake pads.

My next major mods in this car will be adding Traction control (ESP), cargo management and auto dimming mirrors and to get the ST steering and AC cluster(last 2 items are there in the red dragon). Then I'll call it a day for modding this car!

That's all for now folks

Last edited by jithin23 : 4th December 2022 at 02:01. Reason: Added content
jithin23 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 08:30   #117
BHPian

I have say Jithin, the alloys completely change the look of the car. I never liked the 17" ones that came on Titanium S variant and the ones on 16" trims felt too dated for me. Good to know that you were able to source the updated ones.

Brakeup also sells the Brembo's for the Ecosport incase you decide to get them.

Let me know if it would be possible to source a pair in near future.

Last edited by Bismaya : 8th December 2022 at 08:32.
Bismaya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:45   #118
BANNED

Great thread, I also own an Ecosport, Diesel Titanium+, manual, bought in 2016 but it has run only 30k so far due to covid years. I absolutely love this car, its just so comfortable to drive both in city as well as highways, I can driver for 500-600km and still feel fresh. The engine is a gem and though sprung little stiff it has great stability on ghats and corners. Mine was last year before they added touch screen display but I don't miss it much.
I find the headlights quite good, but are there any good upgrades we can do?
So far service from JSP Ford has been quite good, hopefully I can keep it for another 5 years.

Last edited by zaks : 9th December 2022 at 14:47.
Old 20th December 2022, 08:22   #119
BHPian

Quote:
82,000km update

So I thought of upgrading my brake pads to brembos from Engineering Exponent and one of my close contacts at Ford managed to arrange the alloy wheel which was about to be launched in the facelift before the company to shut it's doors.

A quick review on the brake pads:

The stock one itself has a good bite but I changed the brake pad as the distance the brake pad was used was pretty high and I wanted to test the brembo ones. The brembo ones really do make a difference in braking after the bedding in period of 600-800 one. Overall a good buy and a recommended one in case you're going for new brake pads. Also, the cost is similar to OE brake pads.
The wheels look smashing!! good job in getting these wheels!!

On the brembo pads are your getting any sort of squealing noise? At low speeds?
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 08:09   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
The wheels look smashing!! good job in getting these wheels!!

On the brembo pads are your getting any sort of squealing noise? At low speeds?

Thank you Sai! On the brembos, the only gripe is brake dust gets accumulated and slight squeal.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks