Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th July 2019, 19:06   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in: My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats. I almost got one myself earlier this year, till I found the stiff ride quality, heavy clutch on the diesel and turbo lag in second gear to be deal breakers for me. Also, I wasn't sure of the future of diesels in the country, all of which made me cancel my booking.

Wish you happy miles with your car!
Thanks a lot. Agreed on the part of turbo lag being excessive on the second gear. However, ride quality and clutch are acceptable to me and not deal breakers. I suppose you completely changed the segment and went for a Honda City if I am not wrong, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
I am seriously considering this car, as an upgrade/swap to my Nissan Terrano.
But the stiffness of the suspension is something I need to look out, as compared to the "MAGIC CARPET" suspension tune of Duster and Terrano.

P.s. You are right, Ford is shuffling the features a bit too much, been following the updates for the last 6-7 months.

What is your feedback on the Sunroof or "FUNROOF", as Ford markets it.
Is it big, sturdy and functional, or just an add-on accessory to boost the sales of the aging model.

Again want to congratulate, for listening to your HEART. Not many people can do that, the color is the best of the lot.
The sunroof is pretty basic and I tried clicking a pic while popping my head out (while the car was stationary) and I was not able to fit. Then again, I am a bit on the heavier side and one of my friends also tried the stunt (who weighs lesser than me) and he was uncomfortable too. However, what this means is, while it may not be ideal for performing such childish acts, it is more than capable of providing ample light into the cabin and also during rainy days, I just keep the sunroof cover open to feel the rains. So, in essence, this is exactly what Ford markets it as, "FUNROOF" without the naughty fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hearty congratulations, the current model looks and has exactly what I wanted 3 years back, instead went for the Scross 1.6, no regrets though. I was seriously put off by the Nokia keypad style dashboard of the older model. Nevertheless, the blue color looks absolutely stunning. Congratulations once again.
S-cross 1.6 was in a different league altogether. Had it been in the market yet, I would have definitely gone for it. I can swear this one is not as Fun-to-drive as that S-cross 1.6. However, I agree with your point of the Nokia styled keypad earlier which put me off too. That is why, this facelift is so significant. I liked the exteriors earlier and with this facelift I love the interiors too now.
tp_dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2019, 21:14   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new possession and wishing your & your family happy miles with it. Hope it serves you well for years to come.
Are you in the habit of naming your car? If yes, what did you name him/her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Any Particular Likes/Dislikes:The car comes with Hill Launch Assist and earlier I understood it will stop the car from going backwards or forwards on inclines. But as the name suggests, it will not go backwards for 3 seconds if you are moving forward on an incline and while any forward gear is engaged or the car is in neutral. Conversely if you are on an incline slanting forwards and engage the reverse gear, the car will not move forward for 3 seconds. Honestly, to me this was a little annoying but what can we expect from a feature being provided in this price range.
Hill hold or Launch assist as Ford likes to call it disengages as soon as the vehicle detects forward (or reverse when R gear is engaged) movement. So you don't have to wait the full 3 seconds for it to disengage by itself.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2019, 00:40   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on the car tp_dominator. Can't agree more on the color of the EcoSport as it looks smashing with the lightning blue and grey wheels. The review too is crisp and to the point. Everyday, I admire my car(same color and same engine but Titanium)parked in the porch and this car makes you love driving more and arguably very comfortable for road trips of any length.

By the way all the window switches are backlit. Please get the window light issue checked with your service advisor
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2019, 08:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Thanks a lot. Agreed on the part of turbo lag being excessive on the second gear. However, ride quality and clutch are acceptable to me and not deal breakers. I suppose you completely changed the segment and went for a Honda City if I am not wrong, correct?
Thats right. I had initially set my eyes on the Ecosport TDCI, but after several test drives of various cars, I switched my requirement to a good petrol engine and that is how I landed up with the City. The Ecosport is also a good choice with lot of good attributes, and would have been my car if I had not ben taken in by the appeal of the VTEC engine
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2019, 17:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations tp_dominator !

I remember us discussing the EcoSport S during the Pune-Mumbai T-Bhp meet. After reading your thread I realised there were a lot of similarities in the way this special car has entered our lives !

I too got my S TDCi delivered about 2 months before I got married, went on a long drive from Pune to Coorg for my wedding and drove back with the rear seats folded to accommodate all of wifey's stuff

I must say the blue looks smashing too. Didn't consider this colour since my Figo was Kinetic Blue and went ahead with the equally smashing Race Red.

I also have the same magnetic sun shades. Just be careful with the orientation of the magnets, as my front passenger window frame has some paint peel off due to this.

My car too opened up really nicely after the 2500km service / basic check. I think there is a software update performed that really opens up the engine. It immediately started revving so freely after the service.

Drive safe and enjoy the car. we shall probably catch up at the next T-Bhp meet.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 18:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Congratulations on your new possession and wishing your & your family happy miles with it. Hope it serves you well for years to come.
Are you in the habit of naming your car? If yes, what did you name him/her?
Thanks a lot! I'm not in the habit of naming any of my cars but they are just like my family and I feel hurt even if my wife accidentally bumps the car or closes the door loudly. But I guess me and the Beast better keep quiet on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
By the way all the window switches are backlit. Please get the window light issue checked with your service advisor
Thanks a lot Jithin! Actually I always keep the windows locked via the window lock button and that is how I discovered another feature of the car! If the windows are locked with the switch, the rear window buttons switch off their lighting! I think this is such a cool feature. At night, the rear occupants won't be able to find the switch, let alone use it. If this feature is not used, the switches are backlit then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Congratulations tp_dominator !

I remember us discussing the EcoSport S during the Pune-Mumbai T-Bhp meet. After reading your thread I realised there were a lot of similarities in the way this special car has entered our lives !

I too got my S TDCi delivered about 2 months before I got married, went on a long drive from Pune to Coorg for my wedding and drove back with the rear seats folded to accommodate all of wifey's stuff

I must say the blue looks smashing too. Didn't consider this colour since my Figo was Kinetic Blue and went ahead with the equally smashing Race Red.

I also have the same magnetic sun shades. Just be careful with the orientation of the magnets, as my front passenger window frame has some paint peel off due to this.

My car too opened up really nicely after the 2500km service / basic check. I think there is a software update performed that really opens up the engine. It immediately started revving so freely after the service.

Drive safe and enjoy the car. we shall probably catch up at the next T-Bhp meet.
Thanks a lot Tarun for your feedback prior to my purchase too. I was simply drooling over your car during the meet and honestly that is when I made up my mind to get it home. Plus the similarities (even our names) make me think we should catch up more than just T-BHP meets.

I have removed the sunshades now because of the reason you mentioned and also now it is no more needed in Pune. I will go for the cheaper window glass magnet types next summer. And yes, post 2.5K servicing, the car has become totally different and it has become more free-revving with the second gear turbo lag now well contained too. It's a hoot to drive both on the highways and in the city now.
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote