Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2007, 16:15   #76
Team-BHP Support

@Vishnu : Congrats on the 3K mark. Looks like ur the first on the forum to reach this pinnacle.

Scratches and dents in Bangy are something one cant do much about..
So, dont think too much into it.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:11   #77
BHPian

i am getting 15 in the city with the AC on 99% of the time, first service is still due next week, so i think it should improve after that.
Old 5th April 2007, 10:02   #78
BHPian

Isnt that on the low side?
I draw 14kmpl with ac on 100% in city on my VXi.
And luckily, thats been constant, from the day I took the car from the showroom.
It didnt vary more than +/- 0.5 kms after the servicings and ended up back at 14kmpl.
Old 5th April 2007, 23:15   #79
BANNED

This is insanity....
How can you get 14 kpl in City with a Swift Petrol with A/c on...it means you will get 15-16 kpl with Swift Petrol without A/C on...

My swift petrol returns max of 10 in Bangalore city with A/c on.....My friend who has run it for 1.5 years says that he gets 11...

Please be honest about your mileage claims...Maruti itself claims 15-16 in test conditions and you are claiming it in city....So do you get 20 in the highway?
Old 6th April 2007, 00:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirana View Post
This is insanity....
How can you get 14 kpl in City with a Swift Petrol with A/c on...it means you will get 15-16 kpl with Swift Petrol without A/C on...

My swift petrol returns max of 10 in Bangalore city with A/c on.....My friend who has run it for 1.5 years says that he gets 11...

Please be honest about your mileage claims...Maruti itself claims 15-16 in test conditions and you are claiming it in city....So do you get 20 in the highway?
Well even i know people which get 14 with AC in swift. And a team bhpian gets 14 in his alto where as when his driver drives it he gets 18+. So a lot depends upon driving and city conditions etc..
Old 6th April 2007, 07:17   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
And a team bhpian gets 14 in his alto where as when his driver drives it he gets 18+. So a lot depends upon driving and city conditions etc..
Generally it happens the otherway round....this driver must be special...

Abhi
Old 7th April 2007, 15:39   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Scratches and dents in Bangy are something one cant do much about..
So, dont think too much into it.

Yeah. Scratches and dents are an integral part of driving anywhere in the bigger cities because even if you are the safest driver in the world, the others aren't . They cause damage to others' cars due to their own carelessness
Old 19th April 2007, 10:47   #83
Team-BHP Support

Guys, i ended up taking the Swift VDi on a test drive last evening, just for the heck of it. Was bored at home, and hopped in to the near MUL dealer which is just a few kms from where i stay.

Since most of the points have been expressed here, just a few of my observations.

The car is extremely quiet on the inside. I double checked that the car was a diesel. Asked the salesman to switch off the music system and air-conditioning so i could pay careful attention. Step outside, and the familiar diesel clatter can be heard, although comparatively less.
Floor the accelerator pedal, and in second gear one can make out the turbo lag till about 2000 rpm as many others here have pointed out. Past that, the car surges forward like a rocket. The torque is sexy to say the least. Braking too felt assured, although this was the non-ABS version.

The salesman after profusely apologising informed us (me n my bro) that the waiting period is about 4-6 months, and why dont we have a look at the petrol version instead, which were well within stock, including the ABS enabled versions.

Thanking him for his time, as we were there only for time pass, we moved on.

I still wonder about the strings Jaggu must have pulled to get his car early.
Old 19th April 2007, 10:59   #84
Team-BHP Support

jaggu had early mover advantage. Swift diesel has so much demand that they cant make enough of them. Remember a similar scene was with petrol swift too about 2 months after it was launched.
Once the new Baleno comes, this problem is only going to intensify, because of Maruti undercuts the Fiesta and gives a 90 horsepower engine, people are going to make a beeline for it.
Old 19th April 2007, 12:05   #85
BHPian

Hey nice review there by everyone.. Look like the car is extra silent and mileage friendly..Kudoos to mariti for their good work...PPl have reported about the braking concern in swifts.. Can anyone justify how far is this true?
Old 23rd April 2007, 01:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Swift Vdi today... needless to say was impressed by the torque, the car soars like a bullet compared to petrol. However above 3k or so RPM the enigne noise makes its presence felt like usual diesels. Secondaly the power delivery is not so smooth as petrol. The petrol is smoother.... The deisel also had a harder clutch and gearbox combie and above 120 kmph the engine sound is profound and the car doesnt have as much steam left in it when compared to the petrol. After the TD we are leaning towards buying a petrol city as opposed to the diesel swift (although the torque was a charm). Another point to note was that the interiors of the diesel swift somehow didnt look as good quality as my petrol swift thats 2 years old. Maybe maruti has decreased the plastic quaity or maybe it was just my feeling.
Old 25th April 2007, 04:33   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
above 120 kmph the engine sound is profound and the car doesnt have as much steam left in it when compared to the petrol.
Is that true? Can other swift owners confirm? I have heard there is more juice left after 120kmph also?
Old 28th April 2007, 22:59   #88
BHPian

Today i received a letter from the Suzuki dealer acknowledging the ECU Issue (Excessive Engine Vibration) and asking me to take my car over for a proper inspection and rectification of any issues free of cost. Thus the issue is now officially confirmed but i am extremely impressed by the Maruthi customer service.

In the 2 months i owned the car i have received about 4 calls from Maruthi customer care regarding the performance of the vehicle and feedback on he purchase. I also received 3 calls from the 3 Maruthi service centers in Trivandrum reminding me of the first service and 1 letter acknowledging the ECU issue and offering free checkup and rectification.
Old 29th April 2007, 12:51   #89
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirana View Post
This is insanity....

I am in Bangalore too, Me and Driver put atleast 60km (upto 85km) in any working day. From day one with tank full to tank full (shell Super) I am getting 14+ kmpl in city with 70-80% AC. Only once when I left for 5000 km service the FE was 12.9kmpl. On highway once again full to full I am getting 21+ kmpl. More info at these links..

Amazing fuel efficiency from my Swift

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...tml#post380202

regards,
-manju
Old 30th April 2007, 00:45   #90
HSV
BHPian

Gee, I keep asking this same question in different car posts. But does anyone know if there is an auto tranny option round the corner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks