Distinguished - BHPian

Video Review: 2019 Jeep Wrangler!

Likes;

- Exterior Look, Upright Stance & Image
- Interiors Still Rugged but Modernised
- Modification Potential
- Exclusivity (In India)

Dislikes;

- Though we get a full import but only one engine option & no 2 door variant.
- No Manual Transmission option for India
- Ride Quality (At Low Speeds), Handling & Steering feel (At high speeds)
- Pricing (In India)

Video;

The video starts off with an discussion about the "On Road" driving impressions of the 2019 Wrangler (Handling, Ride Quality, Steering etc.)

Video Review: 2019 Jeep Wrangler!-screen-shot-20190812-9.55.55-pm.png

I almost run out of fuel;

Video Review: 2019 Jeep Wrangler!-screen-shot-20190812-9.52.50-pm.png

& finally discuss whats wrong with the Wrangler in India, THE PRICING !

Video Review: 2019 Jeep Wrangler!-screen-shot-20190812-9.59.12-pm.png

Other Key Observations;

- The variant i am driving was the 'Sahara'.
- This gen Wrangler is codenamed ‘JL’ (replaces the ‘JK’).
- There's a lot of wind noise at higher speeds (120 km/h +) Because of the lack of headliner & the overall construction of the Wrangler.
- Great View of the Squared off hood, hinges while driving is reassuring that you are JEEPING !
- Exterior, specially the front face of the Wrangler stays true to its heritage with the iconic round headlamps & the 7 slat grille design. The Rear retains the spare wheel and newly designed typical bolt on look for the tail lamps.
From the Side thanks to the massive fenders which by the way can accommodate 35" tyres, the high ground clearance & boxy proportions give the Wrangler a very confident 4x4 stance.
- There was a time when i was running really low on fuel where i had about 30 miles range remaining with 26 miles distance to cover for the destination & no sign of fuel stations on that freeway hence had to take an off ramp into a local village to get fuel. That time i was tracking the Fuel Economy & it returned aprox 9.5 km/l which is not bad for the size & weight of this Jeep.
- The engine was the 3.6L V-6 Engine ( I believe its the same 'Pentastar' engine of Chrysler, Dodge etc. )
- The V6 engine is smooth but lacks low end grunt.
- The 2L Turbo Petrol launched in India is supposed to be 35% more economical & has 50 NM more torque.
- Gearbox was an 8 speed Automatic unit.
- Handling is good but still feels truck like. Enjoyable at low speeds but high speeds you may not feel adventurous.
- Ride Quality gets better with speed.
- Though the Wrangler is large and imposing but the interior is not exactly spacious.
- Interior as i said earlier is very rugged plus has elements such as exposed roll bars, thick pillars, upright windshield & meaty switch gear all adding to the Jeeps character.
- I could not take the Wrangler off road but it felt like a true Off Road Warrior.
- Jeep India recently (9th August 2019) launched this latest gen Wrangler in India for INR 63.94L (All India, Ex-Showroom Prices).

Conclusion;

The 2019 Jeep Wrangler has the right blend of Jeeps History, Ruggedness & technology to deliver a proper Modernised Jeeping experience.

Last edited by karan561 : 12th August 2019 at 22:48.
karan561 is online now   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks