Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2020, 22:59   #91
Team-BHP Support

re: Scarlett comes home - My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4. EDIT: 1 year & 42,186 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Auto headlamp and Rain sensors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Rain sensors for the auto wipers.
Thanks guys.

Should have been obvious, but its been so long since I took a closer look at the Compass - forgot that auto headlamps and wipers were missing till the Limited versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How can you make out it is thin from pic? Looks like a normal windshield.
Can't make out obviously - it's as scientific a guess as judging crash safety from accident pics. The picture just 'felt' like it and hence checked with Arun for his first-hand impression.

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th January 2020 at 07:15.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 11:31   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home - My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4. EDIT: 1 year & 42,186 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Planning to complete 1 lakh kms within the first year?
I will have to change the profession then

Quote:

Also, the windshield looks a little thin in the first picture. Is that the case or the crack was rather unfortunate?
Yes, it was a stone hit and it started expanding slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks guys.

forgot that auto headlamps and wipers were missing till the Limited versions.
Yes, even though Limited(O) was the top-end earlier, it didn't get the auto wipers/headlamps.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 21:04   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

The ODO crosses the 35,000 Kms. All is fine so far.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-35000.png

Spent some quality time with Scarlett today for a water wash. Here are few pics captured after the wash. PC: speedsatya.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t1.png

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t2.png

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t3.png

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t4.png

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t5.png

And finally the "Live To Drive" sticker finds its way to my car. My previous cars WagonR, Dzire and Linea, all sported this sticker. Now Scarlett too.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t6.png
arun_josie is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 10:11   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

You are on a mission to munch miles. Jeep should hand over their next vehicle to you to pile up mileage on the vehicle before launch.

The compass looks smashing in red.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 15:59   #95
BHPian

@arun_josie
That's some serious mile munching in a short period of time!
Wish many more happy miles with the beast.
simplysaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 22:59   #96
BHPian

Great ownership review Sir. I have been an avid follower of your Linea thread and really excited for your new purchase. Congratulation and the photos are just dope. Wishing you all the happy miles in the world in your red hot machine. Chao!
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 11:54   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Spent some quality time with Scarlett today for a water wash. Here are few pics captured after the wash. PC: speedsatya.
Lovely machine you got there, Arun Wish Jeep had given a better approach angle, at least on the 4x4 variants! Is it possible to retrofit the Trailhwak's front bumper to your Jeep's?

Quote:
4X4 Review:...
A few queries on 4x4 mechanism for a manual transmission Compass:
  • I understand that the default drive mode is "Auto" wherein front wheels are driven and the rear axle engages/disengages on a need basis, depending on traction conditions. Is that correct?
  • Can the "4WD Lock" mode be used on tarmac? In other words, does the Compass 4x4 have a center diff?
  • While in an auto-transmission 4WD vehicle, the various "modes" like sand, mud, snow etc. are essentially configuration settings for throttle response/gearing, how does this work in a manual transmission setup, where the drive has more or less complete control? In other words, how would the vehicle's behavior change in say "sand" mode vs. the "mud" mode when driven in 1st gear throughout?
Thanks in advance...

Last edited by Sheel : 21st January 2020 at 14:55.
Old 23rd January 2020, 22:26   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
You are on a mission to munch miles. Jeep should hand over their next vehicle to you to pile up mileage on the vehicle before launch.

The compass looks smashing in red.
Thanks krishna!
I will be happy to be a test driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
@arun_josie
That's some serious mile munching in a short period of time!
Wish many more happy miles with the beast.
Thank you. Its getting closer to 10 months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Great ownership review Sir. I have been an avid follower of your Linea thread and really excited for your new purchase. Congratulation and the photos are just dope. Wishing you all the happy miles in the world in your red hot machine. Chao!
Thanks sachin for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Lovely machine you got there, Arun Wish Jeep had given a better approach angle, at least on the 4x4 variants! Is it possible to retrofit the Trailhwak's front bumper to your Jeep's?
Thanks cool_dube!

No, it is not possible to fit the bumper from Trailhawk. I also checked for the metal engine guard from Trailhawk, but that doesn't fit too.

Quote:

A few queries on 4x4 mechanism for a manual transmission Compass:
  • I understand that the default drive mode is "Auto" wherein front wheels are driven and the rear axle engages/disengages on a need basis, depending on traction conditions. Is that correct?
Yes, auto mode switches to 4x4 on need basis.

Quote:
  • Can the "4WD Lock" mode be used on tarmac? In other words, does the Compass 4x4 have a center diff?
  • While in an auto-transmission 4WD vehicle, the various "modes" like sand, mud, snow etc. are essentially configuration settings for throttle response/gearing, how does this work in a manual transmission setup, where the drive has more or less complete control? In other words, how would the vehicle's behavior change in say "sand" mode vs. the "mud" mode when driven in 1st gear throughout?
Thanks in advance...
No, this doesn't get center differential. It gets brake lock differential feature though.

By the way, I am still looking for a proper usage of the 4x4 capability. I will share my experience post that.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 10:33   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics from Shettihalli drive

Few pics from a recent drive to one of my favorite location for short drives, Shettihalli .

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-3.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-4.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-5.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-6.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-7.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-8.jpg

Fuel Efficiency update:

I keep getting queries about the FE within the City and on the Highway. Within city, under traffic condition I get around 10-11Kmpl. On the highway, like any other car its all about how you drive. If you are heavy on the pedal and maintain higher speeds then it can even come down to 11-12 Kmpl range. On the other side, you can get 20+ Kmpl as well provided you have lots of patience.

Average fuel efficiency till date is close to 14 Kmpl (full tank to full tank method)

Recently I got 14.2 Kmpl during a drive to Nagercoil. I was little heavy on the pedal.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-ncj.jpg

During a drive towards Salem, I got 18.2 Kmpl.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-salem.jpg

Crossed 36,000 Kms on the palindrome date 02/02/2020

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-36000.jpg

And crossed 38,000 Kms on the Valentine day

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-38000.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 15th February 2020 at 11:00.
arun_josie is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 11:36   #100
BHPian

Beautiful pictures Arun. Glad to see you fully utilising your ride. I have same fundamentals about using your vehicles to maximum and not to put under the covers. My Jeep too crossed 38000 Kms few days back. It feels awesome while giving excellent 20+ Kms on highways provided you know how to modulate the throttle even maintaining good speeds.
Sandeep500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 11:37   #101
Senior - BHPian

Arun sir, you clock miles like it’s no big deal.

Unlike most of us, I doubt if you hardly be at home?

Do you leave coordinates of your whereabouts whenever you leave your place? Lol.

Btw, your compass returning 18+ is damn good because my Brezza returns 19-20 on highways which is having a small engine compared to your 2L torque monster!

Keep driving and keep clocking. Drive safe.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 15:31   #102
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics from Shettihalli drive

Quote:
Few pics from a recent drive to one of my favorite location for short drives, Shettihalli
Another set of lovely pics. Your Jeep looks smashing. The only fly in the ointment is that front bumper lip, drastically reducing the approach angle for what is supposed to be a 4x4 SUV! Apologies for repeating myself but then such a lovely vehicles does not deserve such a glaring miss

I wish there was a way around this. Can it be sawed off from the bottom?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th February 2020 at 16:40. Reason: Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:19   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I wish there was a way around this. Can it be sawed off from the bottom?
Yes it is very easy to fix this .It can be removed and can even be replaced by a smaller one at a very nominal price of about Rs 1600.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Yes it is very easy to fix this .It can be removed and can even be replaced by a smaller one at a very nominal price of about Rs 1600.
Thanks! When you say removed, you mean remove it completely without any replacement? How would the car look with that mod, I am curious!

Also, when you say "smaller" one, is it an OE replacement and does it make a significant difference?

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th February 2020 at 17:32.
Old 20th February 2020, 18:18   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! When you say removed, you mean remove it completely without any replacement? How would the car look with that mod, I am curious!

Also, when you say "smaller" one, is it an OE replacement and does it make a significant difference?
Yes it is an OE replacement part . It looks pretty good and comes as OE on new Limited plus variant.
You can see it in pictures or in real in that model.

Most Viewed