Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2020, 17:50   #31
BHPian

Re: An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I can't believe I'm reading a Fiesta 1.6S ownership story in 2020. Loved reading your thread. Thanks for sharing.
I wish you many more happy miles with the Fiesta.

I guess most Fiesta 1.6 owners have a story to tell.
Thank You, Kiku007.

You realize the real value of something when you're about to lose it. For me, it was just when I decided to sell my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Oh, so you meant dashboard rattles! Got you now. I'm lucky I hardly have those either. In comparison, both the Marutis I'd owned used to rattle like a snake in that area.

Normally NVH is used for referring to noise from the engine and outside creeping into the cabin, and hence my confurion.
I got it wrong then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
The Ikon, the classic fiesta and the EcoSport. Whatever happened to the trendsetting Ford?
Almost every manufacturers, intrinsically. On a bigger scale, seldom people adore these type of cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Congratulations on your fantastic decision and purchase

Not saying this because I own one, but the Fiesta 1.6 S is a really special car. The way the car stays tied down to the roads at triple digit speeds, the way it beautifully changes lanes with extremely minimal body roll, the live and electric feel from the steering wheel when taking corners after corners, all make the 1.6 S a magical car.

It is most definitely one of the best decisions I have taken in my life, and every time I have a good and eventful drive, this car really gives me that gleam in my eyes. I have kissed the steering wheel several times after dispatching series of curves or a tight corner with composure that would make a BMW proud!

Ford really nailed it with this car, and though there are small flaws with it, I have learnt to love it unconditionally, and have decided to keep it as long as I possibly can. My interests today has changed slowly from four wheelers to two wheelers, and I spend increasingly more time on my motorcycles these days, but my love for my BlueBolt has never waned. I still do not give it to anyone else to drive (at least not without a lot of hesitation), I have been quite blunt in saying 'No' to several relatives and colleagues when requested for a chance to drive.

Yesterday, the weather was so good, I sat down and had coffee admiring how beautiful my BlueBolt looks. And then I was on the floor trying to take a nice picture of her, when my mom and dad were giggling looking at how crazy I am

Well, they say - If you do not turn back and look at your car after you have parked, then you have bought the wrong car!

Attachment 1989381
Serenely Beautiful
You got yourself a beautiful car up there, mate. I remember drooling over your S in your review. Actually, it was one of the first reports I read when I made up my mind to get one. I get to see my car hardly 3 times a year and the the sheer excitement just before I fire her up during every first drives is out of this world.

As you said, saying 'NO' to people requesting a drive is a painful thing. Even our chauffeur doesn't get to drive my car. I do have a few trusted people in the list who are allowed to take it out and that too only if I need to get something done with the car, say a periodic service. Other than that, the car stays idle at the garage. As I type this, the car hasn't been out from my home since mid December, 2019.

Besides, please do squeeze in some updates on your car in your thread. Your last report was in Sept, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
It feels so refreshing to read a Fiesta 1.6S review in 2020!! Congrats on buying the poor man's BMW (atleast in India). This car was not marketed well and Indians back then were behind the fuel economy bubble.

This car is a collector's car and hope you keep it as long as you can. My heart still skips a beat when I see an Aquarius Blue colour Fiesta 1.6S.

aravind.anand's 1.6 S review was the first review I read about this 1.6S gem that Ford created. I was so thrilled that I had almost decided on getting a 1.6 Titanium in 2013 and get the skirts, alloys and shock abs upgraded based on 1.6S VIN. (Wishful thinking!!)

Then reality struck, and I had to convert my Fiesta Classic 1.6 booking to an Ecosport 1.0 Titanium.

I still silently look out for pristine 1.6S on used-car sites.

Wish you many more miles with this red beauty

Cheers
Thank You, Srinath. I'll keep it with me for long, assured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
That's a lovely post it surely depicts your love towards the car you picked. I was in your shoes a few months back. I wasn't fortunate enough to drive one of these but heard they are enthusiast pick.

I didn't understand why you did not go for Aquarius Blue when you had the chance to change the colour of your car?
I always wanted my car in Aquarius blue and even now. The reason I chose Paprika Red was because it was my parents who did the paper works - changing registration, insurance, etc as I wasn't around. As they settled all these for me, I didn't want to bother them again asking for an another visit to the RTO regarding the color change. It seems stupid now, but didn't really wanted to pest them against their own already tight charts back then. Moreover, since it was an entire color revamp, can't give it away to some random painter. Thought it'd be wise to find someone when I'm around and personally have a word with them and have a feeling of assurance that everything will come out perfect.

Quote:
Also, I would like to know, do performance air filters improve the exhaust sound?

Nope, nothing with the exhaust. It improves the induction sound. You could hear the engine growl in the cabin as you climb up in rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Can't quite agree to that. While the Civic does not offer a lot more power than the City, the driving experience is poles apart. That low driving position, an engine that loved to get whipped (Normal for a Honda) combined with a short throw, slick shifting gearbox, precise steering and excellent brakes made this one of those great driving machines.

In 2008, I was assisting a friend with relocation. One of the tasks was to drive his Honda Civic from Bombay to Delhi. Roads were not up to the mark back then. I remember it being an absolute nightmare getting out of Bombay as the express way was being built. A little after mid night, we hit a highway called GQ1 (Golden Quadrilateral I suppose) which was some where in Gujarat. I got to take over the wheel. At the time, this stretch of highway was the best I had experienced in India. I was driving at a speed which was just shy of top speed. Foolish to be driving so fast, that too at night but such was the confidence levels that I was not feeling one bit nervous. We did the drive in 24 hours, taking turns after toilet breaks and food stops. I was definitely tired at the end but felt like having another go the next day. Sadly; I had to take a flight back.

Getting back to your Ford. I've been in the front passenger seat of the S more than behind the wheel. Anyone who loves their cars is never really keen on having someone else drive their car. This was a GJ registered grey Fiesta S in Bangalore. Not a very appealing color for the S but that was my friends choice. True to what you say, everything about this car was precise. This car had a light steering but was direct and you knew what those front wheels were doing at all times. The only car that bettered this feel was my very own 2011 Fiat Linea T Jet. Was a heavier wheel though. A big difference on the Fiesta S was the Duratec engine. I was coming from the Rocam days of the Ikon which was responsive, gruff and not rev happy. The Duratec was the exact opposite. The lower end was not as good as the Ikon but there was more joy in revving it. At the time, the Fiesta was the best drive you could get. Was expensive for what it was and with the king (Honda City) that it needs to compete with, it was a hard sell. There were rumors of it running in a different state of tune to the regular 1.6l Fiesta. I could not tell the difference.

You have a very special car. Possibly the last of anything that feels analog and direct.
Civic is one great car to drive. Although not much of a corner carver, it's more stable at higher speeds. The low end torque of the Fiesta was adequate for me and it was improved to a bigger extent with the air intake.

Yes, the S runs with a different tune. Although I haven't driven the regular 1.6 L, from what I heard from people who have driven both is that the difference is very much evident - owing to the different air intake and ECU mapping.

Last edited by E = mc˛ : 8th April 2020 at 17:54.
E = mc˛ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 12:10   #32
BHPian

Great thread, rated a well deserved 5 stars A proud owner of one of these beast myself, I can relate to most of your feelings
Here is my BlueBerry, this beauty is from 2008 and I am the 3rd owner.

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200214_183529.jpg

I does most of the repairs myself, nowadays it's hard to find skilled and patient mechanics/garages. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Headlight bulb replacement

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200319_124314.jpg

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200319_124241.jpg

Fixing water reservoir

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200202_125211.jpg

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200202_125159.jpg

Power window repair

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200105_151848.jpg

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200105_161451.jpg

ABS speed sensor replacement

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-img_20200130_120007.jpg
sbalagru6 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 18:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Great thread, rated a well deserved 5 stars

Thank You for those kind words

Quote:
A proud owner of one of these beast myself, I can relate to most of your feelings
Here is my BlueBerry, this beauty is from 2008 and I am the 3rd owner.

I does most of the repairs myself, nowadays it's hard to find skilled and patient mechanics/garages.
DIY isn't my cup of tea. Partial blame goes to my shortage of time.
Quote:
Sorry for hijacking your thread.
No problemo! Happy again and again seeing other Fiesta S owners chiming in with their car!

Quote:
Headlight bulb replacement

Fixing water reservoir

Power window repair

ABS speed sensor replacement
No other contentment like working on your own car. Sadly, I'm no expert in the aforementioned DIY things. The closest I have come to is wiring myself a dashcam in the car.
Old 9th April 2020, 22:35   #34
BHPian

Congrats! She's beautiful!

We have a Paprika Red Classic 1.6, one of the last ones, and I can relate to whatever you say. The S is all that my car is, and then some more. I can only imagine what she's like to drive. I'm living the dream, living with a car that the world has accepted to be something that stands out when it comes to driving pleasure in a sea of economically built cars. I love TooFun, but I'll always have a crush on the 1.6S.

Special cars deserve special stories, and yours has one. Loved some of the photos as well.

Neel

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2020 at 07:56. Reason: No discussion of whatsapp groups on Team-BHP please
petrolhead_neel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 18:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Congrats! She's beautiful!

We have a Paprika Red Classic 1.6, one of the last ones, and I can relate to whatever you say. The S is all that my car is, and then some more. I can only imagine what she's like to drive. I'm living the dream, living with a car that the world has accepted to be something that stands out when it comes to driving pleasure in a sea of economically built cars. I love TooFun, but I'll always have a crush on the 1.6S.

Special cars deserve special stories, and yours has one. Loved some of the photos as well.

Neel

Thank You, Neel! You can consider enhancing your car even more with performance upgrades. It can boost up the fun factor to a greater extent!
E = mc˛ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 13:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a reasonably priced 1st owner S on sale in the classifieds:

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...d/Fiesta.html/
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Belongs to a known friend. Mechanically, it's pretty tight as per my other friend who's driven it.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 19:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks good for someone in Mumbai and Thane. However the ad says 'recently purchased', so he is not the first owner.
Old 25th February 2021, 16:58   #39
BANNED

Mod Note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 26th February 2021 at 07:14.
overtaker is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st May 2021, 07:50   #40
BHPian

Great to see this car still in action. It truly has become a tough find for anyone looking at joining the bandwagon and finding one for sale.
Old 31st December 2021, 13:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post

4. Another Blue 1.6 S from Kerala.

Boy oh boy, I almost transferred the token for this car. It had done 59000 km (in the odo) and was owned by someone from Alleppey. The owner sounded very genuine and even opened up that it needed a change of mounts, windshield and the tires would last only until a few kms. He had gotten the car from Maharashtra just 2 months back and he also paid the road tax to get it registered in Kerala (Allappey RTO). Upon asking why a quick sale, he stated some personal reasons. 3.0 Lacs was his quote and the best was 2.9 Lacs. Price seemed fair. He assured me that it was serviced by Ford throughout by the first owner and he himself cross checked the odo reading at the time when he bought it, although he now can't recall which dealership he went to. I believed it.

In between, there was a discussion on the registration process, during when he sent me a copy of its NOC. It had the car's chassis number printed. The thing with Ford dealerships is that they can't pull the details of a car just with the registration number which was serviced with a different dealership unless you tell them the chassis number. I called up Harry Ford and passed the chassis number of the car, only to know that the last service of the car was done at 93000 km . I didn't utter a word and slid away from the deal.

Attachment 1917181
I just bought this car, from Kochi.
I was aware of the Odometer-roll from a friend of mine, and from this thread too, but still I went ahead and bought it, no regrets till now.
It's in good condition, and was maintained well by the previous owner (the owner after this car got sold, in 2019) and the car was serviced only in Ford.

An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-20211231_133857.jpg
An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-20211231_134003.jpg
An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-20211231_133940.jpg
An Unsung Paladin : Ford Fiesta 1.6 S-20211231_133919.jpg
Govardhansupra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 21:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govardhansupra View Post
I just bought this car, from Kochi.
I was aware of the Odometer-roll from a friend of mine, and from this thread too, but still I went ahead and bought it, no regrets till now.
It's in good condition, and was maintained well by the previous owner (the owner after this car got sold, in 2019) and the car was serviced only in Ford.

Attachment 2252234
Attachment 2252233
Attachment 2252232
Attachment 2252231
I believe I saw this car up for sale in Olx a few days back. On seeing the registration, I had a suspicion whether this was that same car. As long as the car is maintained pristine, you don't have to bother the rolled up odo. This engine is known to churn kilometers north of 2 lakhs without a hitch. Congrats, man!
Old 6th December 2022, 20:47   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Belongs to a known friend. Mechanically, it's pretty tight as per my other friend who's driven it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Looks good for someone in Mumbai and Thane. However the ad says 'recently purchased', so he is not the first owner.
The link is broken when I check now, perhaps the car was sold and the ad was taken down.
I do see another one listed (https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...d/Fiesta.html/) and it is registered in Mumbai. I am curious to know whether it is the same car which was being discussed here.
The car is now in Pune and I plan to check it out this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
As long as the car is maintained pristine, you don't have to bother the rolled up odo. This engine is known to churn kilometers north of 2 lakhs without a hitch. Congrats, man!
How has your service experience been so far? With Ford's exit are there any issues with procuring spares?
Getting the car serviced properly is one of my major concerns when looking to buy pre-owned Fords.
Old 8th December 2022, 21:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
The link is broken when I check now, perhaps
The car is now in Pune and I plan to check it out this week.
The car looks almost untouched, considering all the years that have passed. I do not know how much to stress on it but from the experience of owning a car that had just 30k kms on the odo and with 9 years of age when bought, I would never do the same thing again and will never advise anyone else to take the plunge either. Not that all aged cars with low mileage should be held skeptical but it's always wise to play safe.

In my case though, the car was mechanically brilliant, except for a few imminent replacements. All the frustration was in respect of getting the car cosmetically back into shape. All those years of underuse led me into sparing close to 90k (for the body works alone), to get it back into an immaculate state. Rust was really a concern. They really do have a intimate relationship with this generation of Fiestas.

Firstly, if you feel the car is mechanically up to the mark do look around for rusts. Chances are that there will be some. If so, assess on how bad they are. If it hasn't turned cancerous, you're good to go. Else, walk away.

Do not specifically go for cars that have a lesser odometer reading. These engines will beautifully last long even after 200k kms. Choose one that's in good nick both mechanically and cosmetically.

Quote:
How has your service experience been so far? With Ford's exit are there any issues with procuring spares?
Getting the car serviced properly is one of my major concerns when looking to buy pre-owned Fords.
Down here in Kerala, with Kairali Ford @ Trivandrum, I haven't faced any issues. Getting the car serviced and parts replacements were seamless with them. If you're getting it serviced at a place where you aren't familiar with, do remind them to procure you parts that aren't of the conventional Fiestas. Usually, the dealer will know what parts to order once they key in your chassis number to their system.

Last edited by E = mc˛ : 8th December 2022 at 21:31.
Old 25th June 2023, 02:11   #45

Dont own a 1.6s yet, hopefully, will someday soon. But wanted to take a moment and appreciate each and every one of you gents here and beyond who have kept these beauties running and are sharing about the same.

Cant believe as days go on, my belief that the best drivers cars in the country are mostly the ones that were sold in the yester years gets stronger
ManualTribe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks