Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 21:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
While I am keen on ceramic coating, I have mixed feeling about anti rust coating. I have gone through the forum, but didn't quite make up my mind on the necessity of going for antirust coat. I read that it's not required in Delhi NCR. Say if the underbody does get rusted, isn't that covered in your warranty?
Congrats on the new car. Looks awesome in the chosen color along with the superb looking alloys. Wishing you many many happy miles with the car.

Ceramic coating is probably an overkill on a new car. A basic paint sealant treatment should be sufficient. You could probably do the ceramic coating after a year or two when you feel like doing something for the car to make it look fresh.

For anti-rust coating, read your owners manual. Some mfg. clearly mention the duration for which warranty is applicable for rusting. Example: VW states clearly for Polo, Vento, Ameo it is 6 years anti-rust warranty while for Jetta, Passat and Tiguan it is 12 years. Something similar should be mentioned in the owners manual of the Nios too. One thing I have noticed is that due to the thinner sheet metal on Maruti cars, going for the anti-rust protection from 3M for the underbody helps reduce the road noise to a good extent. If not for anything else, you can get it done for this benefit.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 22:28   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't normally say this for hatchbacks, as most manufacturers make rather plain-jane cars under the 10L price barrier but this has got to be the most stimulating hatchback I've ever seen, my god that front grille and headlamp, I'd mistake it for a D-Segment sedan if not for the narrower proportions.

As usual they've cut corners too, they remove backlit power-window buttons usually but here they power window button isn't even having the window logo on them, looks like a homage to cars under the 5L barrier, and then the steering wheel control buttons, as a fan of omnibalance designs this looks out of place as far as my car OCD is concerned. Also, no harm in giving adjustable headrests.

Congrats, as far as small and efficient is concerned, this takes the cake.. a perfect city oriented, family car with better F.E than torque converters. They have simply whacked it out of the park when it comes to design. I don't think you need to waste money on ceramic coating, just get it washed well and maintained well, save the money for other stuff. Noodle mats are another unnecessary item that cost 3-4 times more than they are supposed to cost. Just get a complete professional wash+vacuum+wax done every 3 months or so.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 23:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner777 View Post
Congrats on the new car. It indeed looks amazing in those gun metal alloys.

Please tell me how usable is the creep function in steep inclines. Is it predictable?
Thank you!

Creep function takes about a split second to react and starts to move in a very relaxed manner. So do not expect hill hold functionality from creep function.

In stop-go traffic on an incline, I always use handbrake to prevent the car from crawling back and I believe this is recommended even for automatics as it reduces pressure on the clutch.
rahul_goyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 23:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Yeah, I've also got Dr Charcoal in my car!
Even I have one in my car. But do you guys really feel the difference? To be honest I haven't felt any noticable difference inside the car.

I try to keep it on the dashboard when there is sunshine so it gets activated and does not remain moist because of the incessant rains of Mumbai.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 23:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Even I have one in my car. But do you guys really feel the difference? To be honest I haven't felt any noticable difference inside the car.

I try to keep it on the dashboard when there is sunshine so it gets activated and does not remain moist because of the incessant rains of Mumbai.
I'll be honest, I bought it thinking that it will have some fragrance (I didn't read the description while ordering) .

But now having read the description, I understand its an air purifier that removes odor, pollutants, excess moisture and allergens.

There's no real way to know how well it works on a new car. May be someone who has odor and moisture problem in their car can confirm if this is found effective.
Old 28th September 2019, 06:23   #21
BHPian

Congratulations rahul_goyal for your new Grand i10 Nios. It looks really spectacular in the Grey shade with the Gun metal finish alloys. Wish you a very happy ownership experience.
The variable extended warranty is a good addition with the car for those whose usage is not a lot.
You have mentioned the On-Road pricing to be around 8 lakhs. When I checked the On-road pricing for Pune on Carwale, the website shows it to be 9.41 Lakhs. Was it some introductory pricing that you got while booking the car?
Picture credits - www.carwale.com
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-i10.jpg  

Old 28th September 2019, 07:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

Haven't noticed, haven't put it out in the sun, even once. I bought a lot of Charcoal to prevent moisture creating problems in the car, wardrobe and also to avoid bad odor. But the catch of sunning it once a month is a chore!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 07:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
You have mentioned the On-Road pricing to be around 8 lakhs. When I checked the On-road pricing for Pune on Carwale, the website shows it to be 9.41 Lakhs. Was it some introductory pricing that you got while booking the car?
Picture credits - www.carwale.com
Thank you!

The screenshot provided is for CRDI (diesel) Sportz AMT variant, mine is a petrol.

Price break up is provided in the original post. No special discount or introductory price was available on Nios.
Old 28th September 2019, 08:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Thank you!
The screenshot provided is for CRDI (diesel) Sportz AMT variant, mine is a petrol.
Didn't realise that at all. My mistake. Thank you for pointing out.

Note to mods : Can you please delete my previous post if possible. Thank you.
Old 28th September 2019, 08:20   #25
BHPian

I am so highly impressed with the interior design, fit, finish,quality and colour of this car. Even the exterior colours given by Hyundai are growing on me. If not this then nothing can beat the ubiquitous Swift in India.

Hyundai may have overpriced the car a bit but it is a BS6 version so if Swift moves on to the same stage, both shall be equally priced.

I am not a Hyundai fan at all but perspectives are changing. Especially with designs and features, Hyundai is much better than any other brand in the country now. (Subjective)

Things I don't like about them:

Brakes - They have a weird hardness to them. Does not inspire confidence.

Handling: Poor driving dynamics and light steering. Although post 60 kmph, it weighs in well. ( Is there something one can do to make it better like Fiats or VWs?)

Been told a few negatives about them by my Solution Architect who owned the i20.

1. Post 3-4 years Hyundai cars are expensive to maintain

2. There are a lot of electronic (features) which post few years need replacement and are very expensive

3. The paint quality of Hyundai is not very good

4. Service costs of Hyundai are on the expensive side but no one talks about it

I have never owned a Hyundai before, but this Nios is quite tempting to be the go to car for city drives. Loved the aesthetics and materials, well done Hyundai India

Last edited by VWAllstar : 28th September 2019 at 08:21.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 14:02   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car! That's one smart looking car. I am especially a fan of the front end - reminds me of ferrari curves.

Regarding the anti-rust coating.. I think the cars already have enough corrosion protection on the exposed surfaces out of the factory. I was very enthusiastic about it when I got my car, especially because of the prolonged monsoons in mumbai. But never went back after getting it done at 3M once in the beginning. Didn't really see any difference.
Old 28th September 2019, 19:30   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on this beautiful machine!
As a Dzire AMT owner, I assure you that the shifts will get faster and smoother with time.
Lifting off the accelerater before the gear shift at higher RPMs will prevent the head nod/jerk.
Again wishing you lakhs of trouble free and happy miles with the Nios!
Old 29th September 2019, 00:17   #28

Congratulations !!!
The color looks great,i had taken the petrol Asta for a test drive and was very much impressed with it. It's a great fun car for the city commute.
I had a difficult time deciding on the color but your images have convinced me to go for this shade. Hyundai has a terrible habit of skipping automatics for top end and subtracting few inexpensive but important features like rear wiper and leather wrapped steering on the sportz. Its a pain to use a bare rubber steering if your car is lying baked in the sun for a long time, it also gets sticky after use and its one of the things where you can't get a proper fitting done in the aftermarket.
Regarding the activated charcoal,it works to a certain extent in getting rid of smoke smells, i can't comment on other smells though.
Old 29th September 2019, 08:35   #29
BHPian

The car color, finish and lines make it look a couple of lakhs more expensive. I’ve always liked clean cars and ceramic is good no doubt. What might be better? Paint protection film; applied correctly, it might give you better protection against swirl marks than a conventional ceramic coat.
Coming back to the car, it looks fantastic and having experienced Hyundai’s refinement levels, I’m sure it’s going to keep a smile plastered for a long time!
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 16:40   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. My dad has also booked the Sportz AMT. The car should be delivered this week. I was negotiating the deal and found Hyundai to be quite unflexible especially given current market conditions. The ex showroom price is 7.07lk. I managed to squeeze out a 5k discount and then switched to an outside insurance much to the discomfort of the dealer . Not sure what the Hyundai standard offer for insurance costing 42k is for. I am planning to get Oriental insurance 3+3 Zero depreciation for 36k. The 3+1 Zero depreciation quote is 22k.

The 1% reduction in tax has not yet trickled in

Most Viewed