Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2019, 18:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey

Congratulations on your new car !! Looks great

When I bought my Creta, I was "forced" into getting anti-rust coating on the undercarriage, it is a total waste on a new car. Specially in Delhi-NCR kind of weather. So best to stay away from it !

Your insurance seems to be on the higher side. Hope you checked from outside before buying, as the insurance from the dealer is always more expensive by almost 25-30%

Enjoy the car !

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 19:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
Congrats on the new car. My dad has also booked the Sportz AMT. The car should be delivered this week. I was negotiating the deal and found Hyundai to be quite unflexible especially given current market conditions. The ex showroom price is 7.07lk. I managed to squeeze out a 5k discount and then switched to an outside insurance much to the discomfort of the dealer . Not sure what the Hyundai standard offer for insurance costing 42k is for. I am planning to get Oriental insurance 3+3 Zero depreciation for 36k. The 3+1 Zero depreciation quote is 22k.

The 1% reduction in tax has not yet trickled in
Thank you.!

Check for couple of things before buying insurance:
1. Whether cashless claim facility is provided?
2. Insurance company is on panel of Hyundai workshops?

Quite surprising to know that you got 5k discount on Nios. All the Hyundai I spoke to, specifically told me that there is no discount on Nios and Venue.

All the best with your purchase.
Old 29th September 2019, 20:35   #33
BHPian

Spot on. It's not cashless so I expect huge delays in case of a claim. It was pretty much arm twisting to get the deal. Two other dealers never even returned calls. This dealer is going to get my brownie points while referring any friends who plan to buy a Hyundai.
Old 29th September 2019, 22:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Congratulations on your new car !! Looks great

When I bought my Creta, I was "forced" into getting anti-rust coating on the undercarriage, it is a total waste on a new car. Specially in Delhi-NCR kind of weather. So best to stay away from it !

Your insurance seems to be on the higher side. Hope you checked from outside before buying, as the insurance from the dealer is always more expensive by almost 25-30%
Dealer originally quoted INR 38150/- for zero depreciation policy. I checked it from outside and got a quote for about 30k. Informed the dealer that I'll be taking it from outside.

They came up with a similar quote, so I bought it from them.

I have following add on covers:
1. Zero depreciation
2. Engine protection
3. Consumables
4. Personal belongings
5. Key protection
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 15:43   #35
BHPian

A very nice review. Happy that Hyundai has added some features that were missed in the previous Gen like the automatic door lock and Fuel consumption details in MID. The car looks stunning especially the side profile. AMT with 5 speeds is a big aspect and makes a huge step-up from the previous gen. Happy driving!

The older Gi10 has underbody rust protection from factory, So, I don't think it is required but for the exhaust. Do check before you go for it.
vivee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 14:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsays View Post
Congrats for new car and thanks for detailed review and images, from the image you uploaded it looks like Hyundai changed arrangement of knobs on head unit.
Quote:
Someone realized this mistake and shifted power on/off to the right and moved volume dial to left side.
Power on/off and volume is controlled by the knob on the right. (No changes there)

Left knob is for tuning FM stations.

Refer to image. Link
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 19:23   #37
BHPian

Update 1
After few hours of this review going live, I got a call from the SA and he told me that they have received an email from Hyundai regarding the negative feedback received on Team-BHP against Himgiri. However, his main concern was pre-delivery inspection photo of the car, that I have added in the first post. He said that the car had dirt marks on the doors and that didn't go down well with Hyundai team. I told him that in my review, I have specifically mentioned that the picture was taken on pre-delivery inspection. I also told him that at the time of delivery, I wasn't happy with the cleanliness of the car from inside and the same is mentioned in the review itself. His other concern was the feedback on lack of variable warranty information, but then he explained himself by saying that its justified as the car is new and SAs were not trained.

Couple of days later, I visited the showroom for getting the HSRP installed and to replace the rubber mats with official Nios carpet mats. They also gave me the service book cover.

Himgiri team asked me to sign a form which stated that I had some concerns with the showroom, but the same has now been rectified to my satisfaction. I politely declined to sign any form as I stand by my concerns and feedback posted in my review.

The car has completed approx 1200 kms and is due for its first service. I plan to get the service done this Saturday and will share an update.

Some pictures of the mats and door guard I just installed are attached below.

Official Nios carpet mats (The hook on the floor perfectly fits the mat on driver's side mat)
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-official-mats.jpg

Purchased these noodle mats from Hindustan Car Accessories at Sikanderpur for INR 1000/- (5 independent mats; they appear to be of good quality and should last for at least couple of years)
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-noodle-mats.jpg

Installed the door guards (bought from Amazon)
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-door-guards-side.jpg

Up-close view of door guard
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-door-guard-close-up.jpg

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 8th October 2019 at 19:31.
rahul_goyal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 23:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Update 1
After few hours of this review going live, I got a call from the SA and he told me that they have received an email from Hyundai regarding the negative feedback received on Team-BHP against Himgiri.
Wow! So Hyundai team is watching here for user feedback and your thread has gotten the right attention. I think I also read about some bad experience with this dealership in the Venue thread. Hope hyundai also gets a clear message from the forum about some of their bad variant feature distribution like missing rear wipers on lower variants, no top end AT etc.

Did you get any official accessories list from the dealership for nios? When i enquired in the dealership here they said they don't have it yet even almost 2 months after launch.
praveen_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 10:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase. Looks great in this color with gun metal alloys.

Grand i10 is a great car for city usage and the only issue I had with previous AT model was the dismal FE & lack of basic features like rear wash/wipe. FE issue seems to have been taken care of in this iteration, specially considering both previous grand i10 AT & i20 CVT are notorious of being guzzlers. Those numbers (11.5-12.5kmpl) for petrol hyundai automatic(although AMT) are on par/slightly better than my Jazz CVT in bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Update 1
After few hours of this review going live, I got a call from the SA and he told me that they have received an email from Hyundai regarding the negative feedback received on Team-BHP against Himgiri.
Good to see Hyundai is following team-bhp feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
I feel that the interior space is almost at par with the Jazz
Wow now that's news to me. That would mean the Nios is more spacious than i20 & Venue at the rear? During my search(6 months back) one of the reasons for going for Jazz over i20 was the rear space which is better than compact-sedans & some subcompact-SUVs as well.

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th October 2019 at 10:31.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 10:53   #40
BHPian

Got so enticed by this thread and the pics shared, that I went to the Hyundai showroom to check out the car in flesh.

To be honest, I came out a bit disappointed. The interior quality although much better than the Swift, it is not as attractive as it seems to be from the pics. The plastics though designed well are hard. The seats in the week old test drive car had already got spoiled. It drives just like any other Hyundai and nothing additional can be said about it on this forum.

Post the initial euphoria getting subdued, Swift shall again regain the top spot in every buyer's mind. But Nios should be able to hold on to the second spot although personally I feel Figo is the real ace on roads in this segment.
Old 9th October 2019, 11:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Wow now that's news to me. That would mean the Nios is more spacious than i20 & Venue at the rear? During my search(6 months back) one of the reasons for going for Jazz over i20 was the rear space which is better than compact-sedans & some subcompact-SUVs as well.
I think I didnt quite put that clearly. The width is definitely lesser which means 3 people at the rear is going to be a tighter fit. The intrusion of the rear AC vent will also make it bit more difficult the person seated in the middle. What I wanted to mention was the rear seat leg space which is very good. I dont think anyone will complain of legspace at the rear. The rear bench is also much deeper and reclined which offers a comfortable seating position. Also the color scheme helps a lot in making the cabin very airy. The Grey-White theme makes it much brighter than even the beige. The nios is slightly longer and wider than the grandi10 which puts it closer to i20 in terms of rear legroom. You can see the max/min legspace photo in rahul's photo in this thread.

I dont have any measurements but it definitely feels more spacious than Venue at the rear.
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 11:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Did you get any official accessories list from the dealership for nios? When i enquired in the dealership here they said they don't have it yet even almost 2 months after launch.
They did mention that official accessories have arrived but didn't give any list. I wasn't interested in anything but the mats as I already paid for them. But, I wish Hyundai posted all the accessories online with price for consumer awareness.
Old 24th October 2019, 21:35   #43
BHPian

How is the AMT gear shifts-is it jerky ?

I found AMT jerky in all cars starting from Nano- Alto-Celerio-Swift-Santro-Kwid-Redigo last year

Finally had to decide between only CVT gear shift hatchback options- Jazz,Baleno,Micra,Brio,Amaze

Picked Baleno CVT for the space & smoothness

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2019 at 02:21. Reason: Spacing
amarprusty is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 21:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I am so highly impressed with the interior design, fit, finish,quality and colour of this car. Even the exterior colours given by Hyundai are growing on me. If not this then nothing can beat the ubiquitous Swift in India.

Hyundai may have overpriced the car a bit but it is a BS6 version so if Swift moves on to the same stage, both shall be equally priced.

I am not a Hyundai fan at all but perspectives are changing. Especially with designs and features, Hyundai is much better than any other brand in the country now. (Subjective)
I have owned 2 Hyundai's: Accent followed by Elantra, my son has a Grand i10 AT, I think I'd disagree with you after owning Hyundai for almost 20 years: Accent 6 years and Elantra 14 years (recently sold). Grand i10 is still at home (my sons). Except for the handling part and fuel efficiency, I haven't had a problem with any of these cars and the service has been up to the mark and if I'm dissatisfied I'd contact Hyundai India who have been very responsive and so were the dealers. Given Indian road conditions, I think Hyundai has a good balance between ride and handling.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2019 at 02:21. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 12:16   #45
BHPian

Update 2

Got the first service (due at 1500 km or 30 days) done from Dee Emm Hyundai, Gurgaon.

First service is pretty basic with car inspection followed by washing/cleaning. Estimated time given for service was 2 hours. I reached the service centre early at 9:40 AM to avoid Saturday rush and decided to wait.

After couple of hours, when I went to see the car they were still cleaning the car and were doing a sloppy job. I could see the water marks everywhere. I clean my cars every morning and do a better job than these guys.

Anyway washing wasn't a really big concern but then I found this on the driver's door:
My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img_20191012_124912.jpg

My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz AMT - Titan Grey-img_20191012_124928.jpg

A scratch of the size of a rice grain but visible. I called the service advisor immediately who went to see the pictures he took on his tablet. There was no scratch in the picture. Before opening a job card they take extensive pictures and highlight all dents/scratches that they find.

The Service advisor apologized and suggested to do a touch up on the scratched part. I asked if it would look good as new? He declined and said it will be visible cause I know its there. The other option was to paint that part in the booth and to make it look as good as new. I was very upset as you do not expect your service centre to put a scratch on a brand new car. I told him I will come tomorrow and decide the way forward.

Next day, I went to get the scratched part repainted for which they took an entire day. Promised time was 05:30 PM. I called the service advisor at 5 PM and he asked if I can pick up the car tomorrow. I said tomorrow is Monday and I need the car tomorrow, so I need to pick it up today. He said that I will have to come again next week for polishing as they can't do polishing on fresh painted area. I had no other option. Reached the service centre and checked out the car, but couldn't really make out anything as the car was covered with dust. Got the car delivered at 6:30 PM after waiting for an hour for them to clean the car. The painted area had water like spots which I was told that will get removed on polishing.

I went again next week, they took an hour and finished the polishing work. The painted part has a little bluish tint, but only a keen observer would be able to see.

All in all, an awful and disappointing experience for a simple first service. They scratched the car and made me revisit their service centre thrice. One of the key consideration for buying a new car is after sales support and service network, but Hyundai is failing in providing a fuss free ownership experience. I guess its the simple case of not caring for customers anymore as they are successful and established now.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 25th October 2019 at 12:27.
rahul_goyal is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks