Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2019, 11:51   #1
BHPian

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT

This is a brief review of my recently purchased pre-owned Honda Jazz V CVT. I will keep the review crisp and concise. I intend to draw comparisons to 2 other cars. The one that it replaced, a Maruti Suzuki A-Star as well as a facelifted Hyundai Creta SX 1.6 diesel - owing entirely to me and my family's usage irrespective of their varying segments.

Before I proceed ahead, a nutshell about my brief usage of the Jazz V CVT

PROS

- 4-metre size is perfect for choc a bloc city traffic
- Space management! Space, space and a lot of space
- Multiple storage provisions and cupholders
- Practical and humungous boot space
- Extremely smooth and refined 1.2 iVTEC petrol motor
- Fuel efficient
- The convenience of the CVT transmission!
- Good mid-range pulling power
- The timeless cab-forward, mono volume design looks very futuristic! Previous gen Jazz still does not look dated.
- (Perceived) Ease of Honda maintenance
- Ideal for city driving
- Decently well equipped without many gimmicky features, typical of Honda philosophy

CONS

- Lack of rear-seat headrests
- The omission of magic seats is disappointing
- Under thigh support could be inadequate for tall people upfront
- Poor low-end torque
- 1.2 iVTEC is not meant at all for aggressive or fast-paced driving, the K10 and K12 series is a lot peppier!
- Slight connectivity issues with the dated though adequate multimedia system
- Premium pricing with respect to competition
- Lack of centre and rear armrests

Introduction
- The cherubic looking A-Star had been maintained in top-notch and immaculate condition. It had only completed 72,000 km in 10 years and was an able city car. There was no intention to sell. The decision to sell was abrupt and very impulsive, I must say! Moreover, the Hyundai Creta is not ideal to use for short and quick drives around the vicinity owing to it being diesel-powered. A second car was mandatory. The bouncy nature of the A-Star and clear lack of rear-seat space meant it was not preferred for the frequently increasing city runs. It must be noted that the Creta has completed 21,000 km in 8 months as it is used extensively on highways. Though Ola/ Uber taxi services are preferable by most, one cannot deny the fact that most often, some are poorly maintained or stink and the convenience of having one's own car at their disposal has its own advantages.

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-10.jpg

I immediately posted an ad for the A-Star on a reputed online used car portal. It was sold within a week. I got a fair price by one eager individual post negotiations. I shunned the low ballers as the A-Star by no means appeared 10 years old, externally or mechanically and had spent a good fortune for its periodic maintenance. Link to ownership review - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ruti-star.html (10 years with a Maruti A-Star)

Purchase requirements
- I was clear I wanted a premium and city driving friendly hatchback. Space, safety features, low maintenance, ease of driving and fuel efficiency was the main criteria. Features not so. At that moment I had not considered or given much thought about the transmission. My budget permitted me to avail only the pre-owned route.

Cars considered - There is no dearth of cars in this segment. However, I only considered the top-selling brands, and hence eliminated brands like Nissan, Tata and Ford. It left me with the hot-selling Maruti Baleno, segment-best Hyundai Elite i20 and the practical Honda Jazz. Though all 3 are very capable and competitive cars, I did not want a Maruti Suzuki anymore despite all its advantages! Additionally, I am not fond of the coke bottle styling of the Baleno. Hyundai is known for its diesel engines than their petrol ones. The i20 is one sleek looking car! However, this time I clearly wanted space and practicality. In my opinion, Honda's make the best petrol-engined cars followed by Maruti Suzuki. (Can't verify this but now both these companies have earned so much goodwill!) Without batting an eyelid, my heart was set on the Honda Jazz. I did not bother scouting for the other 2 at all!

This is by far the quickest car purchase process that has ever happened in the history of our cars owned by my family over a period of more than 2 decades. All our cars have been white in colour. So is my bike! There were only 2 cars considered. The first one was a sparingly used Jazz SV variant with a manual transmission. It had run extremely less and was up for sale by a person owning multiple cars. However, in the pictures itself, there were dings and dents, damaged running boards and rear door which marred its appearance. Though it could certainly be rectified, it meant additional expenses post-purchase. My OCD mother would have never accepted a blemished car! The price was tempting and I was keen to inspect it. However, the owner was out travelling and postponed it for the next day.

That very day, I had also planned to go to inspect the second car. It was posted by a popular and established luxury car dealer in suburban Mumbai. Considering the luxury brand, I could not resist or let this deal go! When I saw the car in person, within 5 minutes I knew that this was the one! Thus, this was the first and last car to be seen. The car was a V variant with CVT automatic transmission. It was extremely well maintained with little to no signs of wear and tear. Cosmetically, there were the regular nicks in the bumper which the dealer promised would be touch up. The Jazz V has almost all the features that the Creta SX has and hence seemed an ideal and pragmatic choice. Paid the booking amount and sealed the deal for a just price. Took delivery after the A-Star vacated and hence was delayed by a week.

Research - I must mention that I did not do much research, except that the official review was helpful in clearing many doubts and mainly, GK Mahajan sir's extremely detailed and comprehensive thread on his similar-looking white coloured Jazz V CVT variant. I was hooked up reading his thread entirely one whole evening! I shall never be able to reach his standard of writing, his cost analysis and the clarity in which he has written. I am glad to have come across his thread! Reading GK Mahajan sir's thread only affirmed and validated my decision of purchasing the Jazz. Link to the same - I admit, I was biased as it was white and I could picture my own Jazz in it owing to its similar vintage.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...automatic.html (My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic))

Delivery
- After completing the paperwork, payment and other formalities, took delivery on a humid afternoon. Those ribbons were a visual delight! The whole buying process was uneventful and straightforward and in fact less hassle-free than buying a new car! Not once did I feel buying a used car and we have been provided with 3 free services as well! The car appeared fresh and even the interior had the new car smell! It was delivered as promised.

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-1.jpg

At home, with the customary puja alongside the only other Jazz in the premises

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-2.jpg

Design
- I have admired Honda designs as they look innovative and appealing. The Jazz is undeniably a typical Honda design, reminiscent of the Civic or arrow shot form from the 3rd gen Honda City. Hondas age gracefully and do not look dated as do Hyundai designs within the next facelift. The side profile has a strong shoulder crease which is not overdone like the fluidic Hyundai designs. The Jazz has the right amount of cuts and creases which adds to its urban and city-friendly persona. The overall cab-forward silhouette is reminiscent of depictions of 'future cars' in some old Hollywood movies decades ago. Can't recollect, but perhaps AI?

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-3.jpg

The front face is pleasant with the piano black finish grill, with the hint of chrome lining which looks subtle. Not overdone like the facelifted City with the garish chrome grille. The raked windshield flows into the bonnet very smoothly. I prefer this clean-cut bumper design with the honeycomb pattern to the more sporty but busy designs with skirting on some international variants. I am unperturbed by the lack of DRLs or projector lamps as available on the Baleno or i20. It is just alright!

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-4.jpg

Especially in this neutral white shade, I doubt this design will ever have anyone feel offended! Considering that the recent facelift barely has any notable changes, this is an advantage for me! The matte silver finished alloys look sweet, compliment the Jazz' profile and a lot better than the drab and depressing ones on the pre facelifted City.

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-7.jpg

In comparison with some other cars of this segment, there is a lot of detailing in the rear hatch. The LED rear tail lamps suit the design as do the Volvo-ish extensions which are dummy parts. Honda could have done away with the chrome bit. It looks okay on white but stands out sorely on darker colours. The spoiler extension with the protruding centre mounted stop lamp looks interesting. In fact, there is little to compare to the Honda City that is based upon. I believe at least most of the panels are completely different. The rear hatch is low which aids in easier loading of luggage towards the non-existent and flush bumper. I hope this does not get dented as observed in many Jazz'

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-5.jpg

Engine and Drivability
- Won't compare the diesel Creta wrt power here which would be an unfair comparison, but with the K10 A-Star which in itself was very refined and smooth, though audible on revving hard. The 1.2 iVTEC that produces about 90 BHP takes refinement to another level! It is supremely silent and very well mated to the CVT automatic transmission. There is no noticeable difference or drop in performance even with AC. Coming to performance, there is none. It suffers from poor bottom end with a sluggish start off the blocks. It starts with a creep and then slowly gains momentum. Once it gains pace, it is so silent, that it feels like an electric car, (I imagine a Tesla!) There are no engine jerks which can be felt even in manual cars if driven poorly.

Mid-range is strong and adequate for city traffic, however, I noticed on free stretches the Jazz does not like to be pushed. It does not exactly struggle but does not feel sprightly either. I could not push it beyond, so I did not try further. The Jazz is strictly meant for calm and frugal driving. Straight-line stability, overall handling and breaking is par for the course. The Sports mode did not feel any different than the regular driving mode. The paddle shifts are a segment-first and should be helpful on free stretches of roads. There nothing to fault and it behaves like a mature car without any nervousness of the overly assisted steering of the Creta! The A-Star was decidedly sure-footed and much fun on highways owing to its diminutive dimensions.

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-9.jpg

Fuel Economy - Now this is the incentive. The driving style rewards one with amazing fuel efficiency. I can safely say that the Jazz has similar fuel efficiency figures as the much compact A-Star. Drive sedately, and the MID, with the green eco ring, backlit displays a 12 - 13 kpl in bumper to bumper traffic. However, push it hard (which it does not like to) and it will tumble down to a measly 8 - 9 kpl. I choose to drive this sedately on purpose. Not only does it provide much relief to my left leg but also it keeps my mind cool. Hondas, as is the norm always tend to tune their engines for fuel efficiency!

I am astonished that on the same stretch of pothole-filled and traffic-laden roads, I have not uttered a single abusive word, cusses or broke into a sweat while in the Jazz. No ego issues or flying temper! My friends also are pleasantly surprised and I am truly happy about that. The Jazz indeed exudes zen-like peaceful vibes akin to Japanese traits of tolerance and non-violence!

The Jazz simply tones down one's driving demeanour and I prefer it that way! In contrast, while I certainly do not encourage, the high perched seating position, eager and punchy engine of the manual Creta 1.6 diesel (and prior to it a Skoda Rapid diesel) mated to a loud European horn can possibly translate to aggressive and hot-headed driving (in bumper to bumper traffic conditions, knee inducing pain from heavy clutches!). I like the sweet, meek and mild horn of the Jazz which is so Japanese and typically Maruti Suzuki! I do not intend to change it.

Last edited by ciddharth : 19th October 2019 at 05:10. Reason: Completion of post
ciddharth is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 22:32   #2
BHPian

re: Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT

Dashboard Layout - The dashboard has a predominantly edgy theme and is asymmetrical with silver inserts for the AC vents. This is in contrast to the more symmetrical and traditional layouts as observed on the A-Star and Creta. The dash is far set due to the raked screen and the quarter glass in the thick A-pillars do aid in visibility in turnings. Simple textures are used and plastic quality is good. No rattles or squeaky sounds. Everything is well planned, engineered and ergonomically friendly.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-32.jpg

AC Controls and Centre fascia - The centre console has a glossy black plain finish like the piano black grille having the very unique looking touch screen AC controls. It also houses the conventional non-touch screen audio system. The MID is divided into three circular pods and has a pleasant bluish-white theme and is soothing to the eye. It is fairly detailed than the more sober and plain ones on the Creta, or the amber ones on the A-Star. It displays instantaneous FE, range and tank capacity. Additionally, it has multiple settings between the odometer and trip meter. The left pod has the tachometer and current gear indicator. Control stalks feel sturdy to use. The steering with the cross stitch is good to grip and is of perfect size. I haven't found the need to adjust its position. It also has the audio and BlueTooth telephone controls. Both are simple to use and less busy than the Creta.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-23.jpg

Audio System/ In Car Entertainment - One can choose between 4 colour options for the audio system. Bluish white, Red, Amber and Grey. I prefer the blue which matches with the MID. The interface is similar to DVDs back in the 2000s but is intuitive to use. Phone connectivity is simple but sometimes disconnects. This is observed on iOS and not on Androids. There is an option of AUX, BlueTooth and USB which is par for the course. The rear camera suffices well with2 viewing modes but could have done with a warning beep as on the Creta. It must be noted, due to a small 5" screen, the wide-angle judgement of the rearview could be poor and miscalculated. Objects appear much farther than they actually are, hence it is recommended to check twice in a conventional way and not be dependent on it lest one risks denting the bumper and boot lid! The Creta's rear camera with dynamic guides is miles better, is more clear and very well implemented. The equaliser customising controls are sparse and the Hyundai's Arkamys sound system is much better in its clarity and bass delivery. However, the JAZZ audio quality is decent and there is no need to complain. Vocals sound a little warped and bass is just about adequate.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-14.jpg

Front Seats
- The front seats are very well bolstered, have the right amount of firmness and support for the back and are wide. I found the position to be perfect for my built and frame. The seat height adjusts at the maximum setting without the knees hitting the steering which happens on the Creta. However, my bodybuilder friend had his knees brushing the dashboard even when the seat was at its farthest. This should not be a problem for most average-sized folks. I personally find the Jazz a lot more comfortable to sit than the Creta. My tall friend obviously prefers Creta. At home, we all are compact and not so tall folks! So even though the Creta isn't a true ladder on frame SUV like the Endeavour or Fortuner, we still have to climb in and out, keeping one foot at a time. The seating position in the Jazz is similar to Skoda Rapid.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-22.jpg

Gearbox - This is the first time I am using a CVT automatic and the learning curve is easy! Makes some noise on slotting, unlike more silent manual cars. As of now, I stick to only the Drive mode. Sports mode with paddle shifts does not cause a major difference at least on city roads.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-27.jpg

The chilled cup holder!- I was taken aback how chilled the water had become after only half-hour of keeping a bottle here. This is a very innovative feature! Note that the upper vent is fake. The only other cars I have noticed having something as close is the Ertiga and perhaps Wagon R!
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-24.jpg

Door controls - The door controls are a much needed welcome change from the Maruti ones from 15 years ago! The dummy button is perhaps for the central locking. However, the central locking is operated from the driver side door unlock handle. I observed, unlike Hyundai and Maruti, the passengers cannot open their doors manually which is not to my liking. The ORVM adjust controls as do the ORVM folding button are all easy to reach and operate.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-28.jpg

Rear Seat - The rear seat is wide and spacious. It is comfortable for even taller and heavier built folks. The legs slide in under the front seat at a comfortable angle as the fuel tank is located below the front seats. The beige and black combination is universally appealing in contrast to the dark interiors of the Creta which is even dingier at night. Despite the lack of headrests, I find it comfortable than the Creta and aeons ahead of the A-Star.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-29.jpg

The 2 tone black and beige rear door pad helps liven up the ambience in the cabin. Unlike the Creta's rear door pad which is completely black and very plain jane looking. The window line is low and there is adequate sunlight pouring in which adds to it cheerful ambience.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-30.jpg

Under Seat storage - Provision of under-seat storage is a rarity as the fuel tank is located below the front seats. There is ample space to keep soft bags however restricted due to seat supports.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-31.jpg

Boot Space
- Boot space is flat, rectangular and very well laid out. The approximately 350 L boot space is humungous and can easily swallow most heavy luggage as usual in airport trips. The flat parcel tray is helpful and aids in practicality. This particular angle resembles the 2nd gen Swift Dzire.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-19.jpg

ORVM
- The door mounted ORVMs are reminiscent of the Old Honda City ZX. They have multiple internal controls and have good coverage of traffic behind. V variant also has auto-folding mirrors. They have perfect visibility and there is absolutely nothing to complain. The recessed turn indicators should be traffic friendly.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-25.jpg

Tyres and Ride Quality - Don't know if the 185/60R15 Bridgestone tyres were installed by the previous owner or at the dealer level. The alloys look decent and similar to the ZDi variant of the Swift. The Jazz' ride quality is exactly between a Maruti and Hyundai. Very well balanced on well-paved roads but occupants will be thrown around if the driver does not slow down in the abysmal road conditions. Also, there is a lot of suspension sound in such cases perhaps due to poor wheel cladding. Most Maruti hatchbacks as per my notice have a firm and bouncy ride, especially over the ubiquitous pothole laden roads. The Creta is simply unfazed though it does translate to a fair amount of movement but manageable.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-26.jpg

Size comparison with the Honda Mobilio Estate. The latter has a lot more cuts and creases.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-18.jpg

A customary picture with its arch-rival and nemesis, the popular selling Hyundai Elite i20. It is an extremely well-rounded car and eventually narrows down to one's personal preference. The i20 would be a safe choice and companion to the Creta, but Hyundais look terribly dated as soon as the replacement model is launched rather frequently. Hondas have a typical Japanese sort of timeless design like all the iterations of the Honda City or the Mitsubishi Lancer, to cite an example. The German designs are another sort of timeless look, but both have different design philosophies.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-17.jpg

The Jazz holds its own even in the presence of big mighty yet classy SUVs such as the GL350
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-16.jpg

Last edited by ciddharth : 19th October 2019 at 04:54. Reason: Completion of post
ciddharth is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 06:11   #3
BHPian

re: Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT

Well-appointed interiors will please all and offend none. Hondas have excellent taste in mastering the perfect shade of beige, not shiny and bright like Maruti or dull brown-yellow as in Hyundai. Unlike in Maruti cars which goes overboard on a beige spree (including the boot area and carpet area), all frequent point of contact areas such as the door rests pads are left black. It's a cheerful place to be and has an immediate impact to soothe one's frayed nerves. The ambience, along with the white backlight is such that does not beckon you to push the car but instead, treat gently with love and affection.
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-img0968.jpg

The Jazz is an out and out city car, and a well one at that! Highway use will be suitable for sedate driving than a boy racer type attitude. With acceptable safety and equipment levels such as standard 2 airbags and overall superior build quality, a well designed and premium interior/exterior designs, this is a practical and pragmatic choice even as an only family car. Whether Honda launches the next-gen Jazz here in India or not is least of my concern! Each generation looks distinctively different yet instantly recognisable as nothing but a Jazz! I shall keep updating this thread about its routine maintenance and upkeep, periodically. I am grateful for all the other Jazz owner threads as well which helped me ascertain my choice. Any suggestions for my Jazz will be much appreciated!
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-img1002.jpg

Last edited by ciddharth : 19th October 2019 at 05:05. Reason: Adding Post & Proof reading
ciddharth is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 08:59   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Reviews Section. Thanks for sharing!

Will be shortly going to our homepage .
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 10:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the buy. Wish you loads of peaceful miles with the butter smooth engine transmission combo

You can enjoy the paddle shifters on highways if you maintain 3-4k+ RPM for every gear. In city, D mode is more than enough. But then if you are used to the creta's 1.6 crdi, this won't be as exciting

Did you buy it from some dealer since you mentioned about 3 free services? Didn't see any details on the mileage (on odo) while buying & how much did it cost if you don't mind sharing?

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th October 2019 at 10:32.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 10:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations on the buy.

You can enjoy the paddle shifters on highways if you maintain 3-4k.. creta's 1.6 crdi, this won't be as exciting

Did you buy it from some dealer since you mentioned about 3 free services? Didn't see any details on the mileage (on odo) while buying & how much did it cost if you don't mind sharing?
Thank you for the wishes, SoumenD!

Yes, the D mode suffices for city driving. I doubt this car will see much highways anyway!

As mentioned, I bought this from a prominent luxury car dealer in suburban Mumbai. The car is of end 2015 vintage and has clocked 26,000 kms approximately in 4 years.

Will PM you the purchase details.
ciddharth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 11:12   #7
BHPian

First of all congratulations on the buy. Loved going through your review.

From the pictures, this could have easily passed off as a new car ownership review than pre worshipped.

Brilliantly maintained.

Wishing you many happy miles.
aditya.86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Hello ciddharth. Congratulations on your new ride!

I will admit that there was a time when I too was keen on purchasing a pre-worshipped Jazz, although I was keen on the older model that was discontinued. I am sure that had I gone ahead I would been through a journey similar to yours.

Coming to the new Jazz, I do echo some of your thoughts. Especially the looks of the car. It does indeed look like something that will fit perfectly in a 1990s futuristic Hollywood movie. The i20 Elite on the other hand wouldn't look out of place as the ride of 007's side kick.

Regarding your comment on the rear of Jazz's being frequently dented, that's been my observation as well. I often wonder if it has something to do with the calibration of the proximity lines on the rear view camera. I drive a 2015 VX and sometimes I feel that there seems to be some issue. Hence it's always a combination of camera + reversing sensors + good old fashioned looking into the rear view mirrors for me.

Anyways, wish you a lot of happy miles with your new ride.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 19th October 2019 at 12:10.
Flanker99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 12:53   #9
BHPian

First of all congratulations on the buy. From the pictures, this could have easily passed off as a new car..Brilliantly maintained.

@aditya.86 - Hi Aditya, thank you for your wishes. I am glad that you liked the review. I agree, had I not mentioned it as preowned, it could easily pass off as new. Moreover, the differences in the facelifted Jazz is negligible.

It does indeed look like something that will fit perfectly in a 1990s futuristic Hollywood movie. The i20 Elite, on the other hand, wouldn't look out of place as the ride of 007's sidekick.@Flanker99 -

@Flanker99 - Hi Flanker99, I have a soft spot for the older Jazz too! In fact, I was contemplating one but then it would dissolve the purpose of retaining a Jazz for many years.
If we consider the 90s, we are living in the future. So the depiction of those futuristic designs is well implemented! I concur, if the Jazz is out of the 90s futuristic movies, the i20 Elite does suit the 007 sidekick!

True observation, we need to still rely on our judgement while reversing. I doubt if the V has parking sensors + camera. I could be wrong, though! Perhaps the VX has a more feature-laden reverse camera.

Last edited by ciddharth : 19th October 2019 at 12:54.
Old 19th October 2019, 13:13   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
True observation, we need to still rely on our judgement while reversing. I doubt if the V has parking sensors + camera. I could be wrong, though! Perhaps the VX has a more feature-laden reverse camera.
Actually, if you check the TBHP review of the Jazz, it's the V that has the more advanced reversing camera (option of selecting from 3 different view points, adaptive reversing lines) as compared to the VX (just one fixed view and static reversing lines).
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 19:59   #11
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. I just added height adjustable rear headrest from one of the shops in Trivandrum for 3K ( both included ), and it does make a lot of difference for rear seat passengers. The rear seats became very very comfortable. He had to weld a metal frame to support the headrest, but its worth it. I took the pic at night with flash, believe me there is not much color difference between the new fabric and old and no one could make out if the headrest was fixed after market at first glance.

I added black sticker on the rear chrome panel, rear pillar led lamps and white led lights for number plates. I've placed order for the Honda JDM red emblems and awaiting delivery ( next in line is de-badge and add the red emblems )
Attached Thumbnails
Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-img_20191014_192715.jpg  

Jazmine: My pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT-screenshot_20191001163113.jpg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 19th October 2019 at 20:10.
rahulskumar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 00:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Congrats on your purchase. I just added height adjustable rear headrest from one of the shops in Trivandrum for 3K

I added black sticker on the rear chrome panel, rear pillar led lamps and white led lights for number plates. I've placed order for the Honda JDM red emblems and awaiting delivery ( next in line is de-badge and add the red emblems )
Thanks for sharing about the rear adjustable height modification. Will certainly consider doing some time in the future.

Yes, I was wondering about the black sticker and it looks tastefully done and suits the maroon colour! Looking forward to the JDM red emblems and debadging! Do share the pics.
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 00:41   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. It is the most practical car out there with a smooth engine. White is my favourite colour on this generation.

The first generation Jazz was my favourite since I saw one. I was on the lookout for one last year, and naturally checked the second generation Jazz. It felt really nice and a proper upgrade in terms of the tech inside the car.

I however found the previous Gen Jazz to be much closer to my heart and eventually found the one.

Surprisingly, I think I checked the 2nd Gen Jazz you saw as well but did not buy. Was it located in Khar? Also coincidentally, I purchased my first generation Jazz, from the same dealer you did, in Kalina.
omar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 10:15   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. It is the most practical car out there with a smooth engine. White is my favourite colour on this generation.

The first generation Jazz was my favourite...second generation Jazz... a proper upgrade in terms of the tech inside the car.

I however found the previous Gen Jazz to be much closer to my heart

Surprisingly, I think I checked the 2nd Gen Jazz you saw as well but did not buy. Was it located in Khar? Also coincidentally, I purchased my first-generation Jazz, from the same dealer you did, in Kalina.
Hi Omar, Thank you for your wishes! White is my favourite colour as well! I do not know if this car was located in Khar or not. But the answer to your question is there in your post itself! I got it within 3 days of it being acquired by the aforementioned dealer. He did say that there were a few who had seen before me, so perhaps you could be one of them! I finalised the deal within 5 minutes of test driving the car.
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 10:35   #15
BHPian

Looks Fabulous. Best wishes for your new ride.
I-VTEC is one awesomely crafted engine.
ash22 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks