Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2019, 17:34   #31

re: My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post
Welcome to the world of German Car Aficionados. The build quality and the planted feeling are unmistakably unique on these cars! I also got my my AMEO TDI from Autobahn and I got a really good deal on the prices.

I did not realize how the last year went by and the Ameo has covered 15k kms in such a short span. My daily commute to work and back plasters a wide grin on my face thanks to the ICE setup.

Welcome to Team- BHP!
Thanks t3ofil4us. Apologies for the delayed reply.

Have been away thanks to work and back & forth trips between Bangalore and Mumbai. Driving back to Bangalore this weekend.

Finally had some time in my hands to update the thread and snoopy is finally complete! Got the arm-rest and mudflaps installed from the Dealer.

VW finally had stocked them. Had been waiting over a month for them (especially the mudflaps). Added pictures for reference.

Arm-rest:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191212_144055.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191212_144103.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191212_144202.jpg

VW did take their own sweet time for dispatching the mud-flaps. They have added a small groove, so that it fits properly in the newer facelift 2019 models that have the body kit pre-installed from the dealership. The cost for these are also higher (Rs. 2000) compared to the non-facelift ones (1300). Don't see how adding a groove would increase the cost so drastically. Quality is the same as the previous version (Seems like hard plastic with slight flex)

Part # and other details:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191209_143711.jpg

Forgot to take additional pictures of the entire mudflap prior to assembly.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191209_143805.jpg

Comparison between non-facelift and facelift models. (Right rear pictures)

Non-facelift:

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191211_160050.jpg

Facelift: Notice the triangular groove where the rear body kid joins the mudflap, that's pretty much the only difference, yet the cost is significantly higher

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191211_155348.jpg

There are some things that I would need help from fellow experienced T-BHPians who already have a VARC cable and have played around with the VCDS on the Polo GT.

Since I am constantly travelling, unfortunately i do not have the required gear nor experience to fiddle around with the settings. I have gone through the https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...on-thread.html (VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread), and below are the things I would need help with.

- Needle swipe
- Lane changing indicators blinks from (3) to (5)

I have uploaded a video for the MID display changing to 80 Km/hr and constantly showing that till we do not reduce the speed. Any indicator has been set in the MID gets replaced with "80 KM/H"

Below image shows that I have not set any speed limit warning:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191212_144028.jpg

However once the car hits 80 km/hr, the MID starts displaying it, removing other values that was previously shown in the MID. In the below video, i have set the MID to show me the mileage.

Video below for reference:

Would be a super big help, if the VCDS tweak can eliminate this. Checked with the Service folks and they said they cannot do it / do not know how to do it. I am in Mumbai till Friday and will be driving to Bangalore on Saturday morning. Requesting anyone in Bangalore who can help me with this. I am ready to Travel to Chennai too if required.

That's it for now. Thank you everyone!
Old 13th December 2019, 08:53   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4rayan.jagdish View Post
However once the car hits 80 km/hr, the MID starts displaying it, removing other values that was previously shown in the MID. In the below video, i have set the MID to show me the mileage.

Would be a super big help, if the VCDS tweak can eliminate this. Checked with the Service folks and they said they cannot do it / do not know how to do it.
Nice update, thanks. I'm also very keen to understand if the speed warnings mandated can be overwritten using VCDS/VAS coding or are they somehow hardcoded and unalterable. Further, no service center in their right mind will officially do the same as it would be an illegal act per se.
Old 13th December 2019, 12:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Nice update, thanks. I'm also very keen to understand if the speed warnings mandated can be overwritten using VCDS/VAS coding or are they somehow hardcoded and unalterable. Further, no service center in their right mind will officially do the same as it would be an illegal act per se.
It is possible using obd eleven. A friend got the warning disabled through a tuner. Of course, legality and warranty would be affected.
Old 3rd January 2020, 00:55   #34

Congratulations on your purchase. I have booked a GT TSI too. The one that was showed to me did not have the following

1) GT Line Vinyl on both sides of the door.
2) GT Line Logo on both sides of the Front door.
3) Black roof

Can you please help me with this ? Does it come only on certain GT models or is this for all ?

Narayan,

I have booked a facelifted GT TSI too from VW palace cross dealer. I would be receiving the vehicle by end of this week, the sun set red colour. I was not informed about the Vinyl, GT Logo & Black roof. I assumed that was buyer choice by watching certain online car review videos, since some of them did not have it. Do you think I could have been over charged as they did not inform me about this earlier without making deductions to the original price?

Also, my chassis number code mentioned my manufacture date was in December (decoded with team bhp article) But yours happen to be manufactured in the month of July/August. Could that be a reason too for the additional badge and spolier!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd January 2020 at 18:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriramkishi View Post
Narayan,

I have booked a facelifted GT TSI too from VW palace cross dealer. I would be receiving the vehicle by end of this week, the sun set red colour.
Congrats on the booking. Quick question : is the Lapiz Blue colour for the GT TSI still being offered? What are the colour options on the GT twins? Also, what was the on road price that you are paying?
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:14   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on the booking. Quick question : is the Lapiz Blue colour for the GT TSI still being offered? What are the colour options on the GT twins? Also, what was the on road price that you are paying?
Thank you Arindam. The TSI version had Sunset red, Flash red, Grey and White. Lapiz blue was not available. I think they had Toffee brown (not sure). Following would be the final break up after discounts - well, they said it was discounted

New Car Price – 11,74,378/-

Reverse camera- 10000/-

Front arm rest- 6100/-

Total – 11,90,478/-
Sriramkishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 01:10   #37

Quote:
I have booked a facelifted GT TSI too from VW palace cross dealer. I would be receiving the vehicle by end of this week, the sun set red colour. I was not informed about the Vinyl, GT Logo & Black roof. I assumed that was buyer choice by watching certain online car review videos, since some of them did not have it. Do you think I could have been over charged as they did not inform me about this earlier without making deductions to the original price?
If you're NOT purchasing the facelift model, you won't have the things that you have listed (Vinyl, Logo, Black Roof]. All of this including the body skirts are part of the facelift model that I have purchased. You can however have them add it if you want (You'll be charged extra for it though).

In regards to the Manufacture date, judging from the timeline you seem to have booked the non facelift edition hence the manufacture date.

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase. I have booked a GT TSI too. The one that was showed to me did not have the following

1) GT Line Vinyl on both sides of the door.
2) GT Line Logo on both sides of the Front door.
3) Black roof

Can you please help me with this ? Does it come only on certain GT models or is this for all ?
Congratulations on the New Purchase! Forgot to add that earlier.
If you are going for the Facelift version, then these things would be installed right before you pick the car up for delivery.

Quote:
Thank you Arindam. The TSI version had Sunset red, Flash red, Grey and White. Lapiz blue was not available. I think they had Toffee brown (not sure). Following would be the final break up after discounts - well, they said it was discounted

Reverse camera- 10000/-

Front arm rest- 6100/-

Total – 11,90,478/-
Looking at the prices, i believe those addons would be installed. Although the Blackroof, and the other badges are optional, if you do decide you don't want them, the dealer adjusts the price accordingly (this has to be clarified with the Sales person during the time of booking). As far as I remember, it would come up to like ~15-20K in cost (for the addons i.e.).

Moreover, looking at the price, I am surprised it's this high in Bangalore. My This is definitely the facelift model. My car was the first Facelift in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai and yet costed me 11.6 OTR. Surprising that even after 2+ months, the prices have gone up. Also, the final price that I have mentioned had all the accessories included that you have listed (including mud-flaps & rear mirror sun-blinds)

Just for some additional info, i have uploaded 2 pictures that I took 3-4 hours prior to my car getting delivered. I was too excited and wanted to a PDC

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191031_160051.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191031_160106.jpg

As you can see, the Spoiler is already black and the GT Line Logo & Vinyl, were already applied. The only thing left was the roof black, which they got done in front of me. I am however definitely sure that those addons are optional and the prices are definitely adjusted in-case you don't want them. I have also seen cars getting delivered without the addons as some just don't want them OR they choose what they want. (It's a personal preference).

I would recommend re-checking with the dealership just to be safe

Hope this helps!

NOTE FROM SUPPORT -

Please proof read your post before submitting it. [Preview post]. Type one reply instead of recalling one point and adding another reply.

Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE [QUOTE+] buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th January 2020 at 08:07. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 5th January 2020, 12:15   #38

Quote:
Looking at the prices, i believe those addons would be installed. Although the Blackroof, and the other badges are optional, if you do decide you don't want them, the dealer adjusts the price accordingly (this has to be clarified with the Sales person during the time of booking). As far as I remember, it would come up to like ~15-20K in cost (for the addons i.e.).

Moreover, looking at the price, I am surprised it's this high in Bangalore. My This is definitely the facelift model. My car was the first Facelift in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai and yet costed me 11.6 OTR. Surprising that even after 2+ months, the prices have gone up. Also, the final price that I have mentioned had all the accessories included that you have listed (including mud-flaps & rear mirror sun-blinds)
Thanks for your response. Yes, I have booked the December 19, facelifted version. I did confirm with another family friend of mine who runs the Vellore VW dealership in Tamil Nadu (Susee Motors). The Blackroof, Stickers and Vinyl logos are provided as a separate kit from VW to the dealers and as you confirmed its upto customer choice whether they want it for their cars (spoiler is by default, sorry I wrongly mentioned that my car doesn't have it, it sure does) But the catch is, VW was sending over the kit to dealers only for October and November 19 vehicles and they are not sending it for December 19 manufactured vehicles. Hence, I wont be getting it - Bad luck.

As far as the price is concerned, Yes I wanted KA registration and road tax was more here. For the break up which I gave, they are providing me with mud-flaps but not rear mirror sun-blinds - I'll try talking to them again
Old 5th January 2020, 12:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Reverse camera- 10000/-

Front arm rest- 6100/-

Total – 11,90,478/-
I got my GT TSI (Flash Red) delivered yesterday from Apple Auto, Whitefield and paid 11.85.
Planning to get the armrest and underbody protection, both of which are not in stock.
Does your price include B2B insurance and any corporate discount? I didn't get any discount whatsoever.

In terms of color, I heard sunset red is stopped but Lapiz blue is available. In fact, Apple auto has one blue car readily available in stock. Don't think GT TSI is available in Toffee brown.

Quote:
If you're NOT purchasing the facelift model, you won't have the things that you have listed (Vinyl, Logo, Black Roof]. All of this including the body skirts are part of the facelift model that I have purchased. You can however have them add it if you want (You'll be charged extra for it though).
This is the facelift model but it no longer comes with the Black Roof and additional Logos. The price doesn't include these and I am told, the kit is no longer provided. Only the Black roof can be had for an additional 10k.

Last edited by Jaguar : 5th January 2020 at 12:30.
Old 5th January 2020, 12:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I got my GT TSI (Flash Red) delivered yesterday from Apple Auto, Whitefield and paid 11.85.
.. .
Congratulations Ramesh! What colour did you choose?
Old 5th January 2020, 13:24   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Planning to get the armrest and underbody protection, both of which are not in stock.
Does your price include B2B insurance and any corporate discount? I didn't get any discount whatsoever
I bought the Sunset Red. Yes, armrest and mudflaps are out of stock currently and I have asked to wait for sometime - maybe a week. However, I'm getting the car tomorrow.

When I first asked for discounts, the sales person said 12 lakhs and no negotiations. Post sending the booking amount, he said he can come down to 11,75. Next day I asked for reverse cam, arm rest and mud flaps - he then sent me the final break up. Yes, the price does include B2B insurance and I did not get any corporate discounts
Sriramkishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 17:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Congratulations Ramesh! What colour did you choose?
Thanks Som. I got the Flash Red.
Old 13th January 2020, 16:42   #43

Quote:
I bought the Sunset Red.
Since there haven't been any pictures of GT TSI Sunset Red in the forum, I'm attaching few pictures of mine. Totally in love with the car and the subtle red metallic finish

1) The way the metallic finish reflects sunlight and pops the red colour out of the hood is so satisfying

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-gt-tsi-image-1.jpg

2) Rear view

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-gt-tsi-image-2.jpg

3) From the sides

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-gt-tsi-image-3.jpg

4) Under low light it gives a different shade

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-gt-tsi-image-4.jpg
Sriramkishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 09:04   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Since there haven't been any pictures of GT TSI Sunset Red in the forum, I'm attaching few pictures of mine. Totally in love with the car and the subtle red metallic finish
Congratulations on the new car. The colour looks good in shade, but somehow does not reflect the same depth while out there in Sun. For me it looks good at Sunset, may be that’s why it is called Sunset red . But I just love the red colour which has been on offer for polo from starting.

Disclaimer: my personal opinion, no offence meant to the owners.

Last edited by pavi : 14th January 2020 at 09:07.
Old 14th January 2020, 13:33   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations on the new car. The colour looks good in shade, but somehow does not reflect the same depth while out there in Sun. For me it looks good at Sunset, may be that’s why it is called Sunset red . But I just love the red colour which has been on offer for polo from starting.

Disclaimer: my personal opinion, no offence meant to the owners.
Thanks and I totally understand your opinion about the colour. There have been only mixed reviews in and outside the forum too due to its subtle nature. My worry was more in the fact that a non metallic paint can easily highlight a scratch or dent, also considering the bad bengaluru traffic in mind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks