Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2020, 23:38   #61
BHPian

re: My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Hi Narayan and Sriram, we found some issues in the facelift model (my car, Dec 2019 manufactured) and a friend's car (bought in Oct).
1. There is a distinct vibration felt between 3000 and 3200 rpm. A gurgling noise of sorts and feels like it is coming from a bearing.

2. You can hear clicks when the steering is turned at slow speeds. The slipper bearing was not aligned properly in my friend's car and he got it fixed. I see the same issue in my car.
Hi,

1. I've definitetly felt the vibes. While using S mode, there is one distinct spot in the rev range where I can feel vibes in the steering. Have you found a solution yet? If it helps, mine is an August 2019 car.

2. I hear the clicks too, but I think it happens only when using the indicator. Is this the case for you as well?

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2020, 00:38   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
Congrats on your new GT!

Does the Ramani VW happen to be the one in Coimbatore?

This one is from Madurai. One of the best buying experiences from here.
Sairam_ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 13:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairam_ramani View Post
This one is from Madurai. One of the best buying experiences from here.
True. Ramani has been best in the business and that has been truly acknowledged by VW as well. I went to check out Vento and it was a good experience with them and unlike any other VW showrooms in India.
Old 4th March 2020, 19:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4rayan.jagdish View Post
Fresh pair of Eyes:
- Got the P8 HID's 4300K installed for the Low Beam (90-95% of my driving, I only use low beams. Thanks to T-BHP forums once again for educating me about Reflectors vs Projector headlamps, Lumen power, differences of bulb). Although the car has reflector head-lamps, the light dispersion is perfect and does not hinder on-coming traffic. Might think about upgrading to projector housing in the future.
Hi Narayan, did you check with the dealership regarding the warranty before installing the HID's. I also want to install HID's on my polo but the addition of the HID conversion kit worries me of effecting my warranty.

One more question. The LED's for the high beam did it fit perfectly without any alterations. I see a cap in front of the bulb on my high beam projectors.
Wouldn't the length of the LED be an issue here?
Old 4th March 2020, 20:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriramkishi View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. I have booked a GT TSI too. The one that was showed to me did not have the following

1) GT Line Vinyl on both sides of the door.
2) GT Line Logo on both sides of the Front door.
3) Black roof

Can you please help me with this ? Does it come only on certain GT models or is this for all ?
Hi Sriramkishi, I believe this was a limited period offer by VW around the period of November to December 2019 as part of their campaign to boost sales at the end of the year. I bought my Polo GT in December and have still not got the kit as it is out of stock. I have been following up with them and they said that there are around 100 cars in Kerala itself waiting for the Kits to be installed.

Maybe because of stock issues the dealers can purposefully not offer you the kit. Letting you know my experience if this helps.
Old 8th March 2020, 12:13   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Hi,

1. I've definitetly felt the vibes. While using S mode, there is one distinct spot in the rev range where I can feel vibes in the steering. Have you found a solution yet? If it helps, mine is an August 2019 car.
The only time i feel vibrations in the steering is when i brake with ever-so-little weight post 100km/hr. Once the car comes below 100km/hr the vibrations are gone. Despite my car only running ~6.5k KMS in 5 months, i need to get it checked. 7k Service is almost here, will get it checked.

In regards to your actual query, i haven't felt it OR just did not notice it. Will keep an eye out next time when i rev it. Is it on all gear's in S mode OR specific to a particular gear?

Quote:
2. I hear the clicks too, but I think it happens only when using the indicator. Is this the case for you as well? Thanks!
Slight click on my steering still exists even when my car is on stand-still. Did not get a chance to get the bearing checked, but will do so at the 7K KM service checkup. The grinding sound that my car had on the left hand-side on turning the steering has been eliminated post greasing the top of the left shocks. Apparently, it was due to the grease drying up as new cars are kept in sunlight waiting to be sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopash View Post
Hi Narayan, did you check with the dealership regarding the warranty before installing the HID's. I also want to install HID's on my polo but the addition of the HID conversion kit worries me of effecting my warranty.

One more question. The LED's for the high beam did it fit perfectly without any alterations. I see a cap in front of the bulb on my high beam projectors.
Wouldn't the length of the LED be an issue here?
If you check with the dealership, warranty is Void for even looking at the car wrong. In the end it boils down to if you need something done that is going to be useful for you as a driver. I have had no trouble with warranty as I have had nothing to claim yet. VW is very finicky about warranty, but get the work done from a reputable person and you shouldn't face any issues that might lead to warranty issues (Unless something terribly goes bad in the car). You can opt for LED's instead of HID's to be super-safe

LED's did fit properly. The only alteration was on the holding clip where the bulb sits as the OSRAM's that i have installed have mini-fans as cooling mechanism. Had to bend the clip a little so that to ensure it is a proper fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopash View Post
Hi Sriramkishi, I believe this was a limited period offer by VW around the period of November to December 2019 as part of their campaign to boost sales at the end of the year. I bought my Polo GT in December and have still not got the kit as it is out of stock. I have been following up with them and they said that there are around 100 cars in Kerala itself waiting for the Kits to be installed.

Maybe because of stock issues the dealers can purposefully not offer you the kit. Letting you know my experience if this helps.
I got the kits available when i purchased my car in the last week of Oct'19. Surprised that those kits are not available. I did read somewhere that VW is no longer offering those kits to buyers. When it comes to stock issues, expect to wait a much longer time than VW actually claims :(
Old 25th December 2020, 17:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
In regards to your actual query, i haven't felt it OR just did not notice it. Will keep an eye out next time when i rev it. Is it on all gear's in S mode OR specific to a particular gear?
Hi, I apologize for not replying sooner. I seem to have missed this post.

To your question, the vibes are felt only at 3200 rpm regardless or what mode you are in. You are unlikely to see it in D however, as the engine upshifts before that.

Find a nice empty stretch of road and try maintaining the revs at 3.2 (2nd or 3rd gear in manual mode ideally). If you don't notice anything, then you're good to go.
Old 23rd February 2021, 00:33   #68

Quote:

However once the car hits 80 km/hr, the MID starts displaying it, removing other values that was previously shown in the MID. In the below video, i have set the MID to show me the mileage.

Video below for reference:
http://Youtu.be/_BEQrgYXFqE
Have you been successful in solving this? I'm reading up on VCDS tweaks for a new Skoda Rapid.

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-p_20210221_151144_1_1_1_1.jpg
Old 27th July 2021, 19:20   #69

Apologies for the late update. It's been a daunting year.

Overall the car seems to be doing great. Frequented between Bangalore and Mumbai twice now and have had no issues. Currently been in Mumbai for over a year now due to WFH. Will be eventually heading back to Bangalore once our office wants their employees back

The car is currently a year and 9 months old now, and has done about ~17900 KMS. Due to family health issues and my wedding ( a few weeks back), the servicing of the car got delayed ( by about 2 months - although had only driven an excess of 900'ish kms. )

A few days ago, this one time when I parked my car, in some random train of thought, switched off the ignition and removed the keys. To my surprise, the car was in "D" and not in "P" . I was not sure how this could happen since I had done enough reading about automatic vehicles that they ignition key should not come out unless the car is in "P". I repeated the same process and every time irrespective of the gear mode ( S , D , N, R, P ), I was about to shut the car down and remove the ignition key.

Thanks to the delay of COVID and my wedding, gave my car for servicing today in VW Nerul (Navi Mumbai) and informed them of this behavior. Since the issue could be reproduced 100% of the time, the SA acknowledged the problem.

Fast forward 8 hours - The SA has informed me that the adaptation of the DSG is not completed as they are having issues updating the software (brain-fart) and they are running a few more checks to see what could be the issue. I am just praying that it is nothing super major.

I tried to search on Google and on this forum to see if anyone had experienced this problem, however could not find any relevant information as to what may be causing this (Then again my search skills aren't that great). If anyone can share some insight around this, it'll be super helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
Have you been successful in solving this? I'm reading up on VCDS tweaks for a new Skoda Rapid.
I have found a way to solve it, however I do not have the required tools to try it out. If anyone has them, would someone be willing to help me out?
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 18:04   #70

Update

==========
- So after a few weeks of waiting (part availability), the ASC has finally fixed the problem Turns out the issue that was causing the problem was not the ignition cylinder, but a shifter micro-switch that gets installed in / under the DSG gear lever. This is responsible for communicating and letting the ignition lock know that the car is in which gear and whether or not to release its lock so that the key can be removed. Once the part was changed, there were a few adjustments to the DSG lever that was required since there were "metal-grinding" sounds when we changed the gear from "P" to "R" and "N". Given that the parking PIN within with the DSG is just a small piece of metal, on highlighting the sound during the collection of the vehicle, the ASC technicians acknowledged the issue and the required alignment / adjustments were done on the DSG lever, making it "stock-like".

Part #: 5Q0-713-128-A

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20210825_151048.jpg

Link - Since I do not have a picture taken of the actual switch (Was replaced just before I reached the ASC)

- On a side-note, I had a chance to meet and talk to "fluidicjoy" (Not sure how to tag / mention him. Mods please help) and I was able to check out the upgrades he had done and also drive his car (link (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic)). He is an amazing person to interact with and DIY Geek. Thanks to him, I was able to meet the folks who installed retrofits on his car and I wanted all of it. Thankfully, I have promised myself - 1 major upgrade / per year only.

- Another upgrade that I found useful was the installation of the Under-body guard right below the engine. Got it installed from the ASC.

Part #: 6RO-825-901 / 902 - A - Apologies for the bad image quality.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20210825_155125.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20210825_155135.jpg

Before Installation:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20210825_155032.jpg

Post installation:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20210825_155802-copy.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20210825_155808-copy.jpg

Note: In-case your area / parking space has rats, I'd avoid installing this as it will give them a nice small space to climb and cozy up.

Most exciting part for last: (For me)

Finally got my hands on the original Ross-Tech Cable (HEX-NET: Unlimited VIN's) (Thanks to my cousin who was returning from the US). I have also installed the Maxidot Cluster in my vehicle and thanks to this thread: "VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread" have enabled a lot of features. My other cousin owns a 2018 Skoda Rapid DSG TDi, and was successfully able to enable a ton of features as well. I am however checking other options within VCDS to see what other things can be enabled / improved. (Still new to this)

That's it for now! Thank you everyone!

Last edited by n4rayan.jagdish : 29th August 2021 at 18:19. Reason: Made an error with the hyperlink. Also Mods please help @mention - fluidicjoy. I am not sure how to tag him.
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed

Quote:
A few days ago, this one time when I parked my car, in some random train of thought, switched off the ignition and removed the keys. To my surprise, the car was in "D" and not in "P" . I was not sure how this could happen since I had done enough reading about automatic vehicles that they ignition key should not come out unless the car is in "P". I repeated the same process and every time irrespective of the gear mode ( S , D , N, R, P )
If anyone can share some insight around this, it'll be super helpful.
Quote:

Update

==========
- So after a few weeks of waiting (part availability), the ASC has finally fixed the problem Turns out the issue that was causing the problem was not the ignition cylinder, but a shifter micro-switch that gets installed in / under the DSG gear lever. This is responsible for communicating and letting the ignition lock know that the car is in which gear and whether or not to release its lock so that the key can be removed. Once the part was changed, there were a few adjustments to the DSG lever that was required since there were "metal-grinding" sounds when we changed the gear from "P" to "R" and "N". Given that the parking PIN within with the DSG is just a small piece of metal, on highlighting the sound during the collection of the vehicle, the ASC technicians acknowledged the issue and the required alignment / adjustments were done on the DSG lever, making it "stock-like".
IMHO, the problem that you faced could be related to what is called "selector level assembly" failure.

Attaching a pic of the assembly:

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-selector-level-design.jpeg

Quoting from the related post (link (DSG, demystified! All you need to know about VW's Direct-Shift Gearbox)):

Quote:
The primary function is related to the Hall sensors of the selector lever which register the position and make it available to the mechatronic unit via the CAN bus. Based on the signals, the control unit implements the driver's D or R or S or Tiptronic command and to control starter release.

If the control unit detects no selector lever position due to a malfunction of the senders or the solenoid, then both the clutches are opened. The cause has been apparently attributed to the gear shifting wiring harness in the assembly. The issue around this malfunction is noted by a transmission warning code "B116229".

The primary resolution offered has been to repair the harness else suggest a complete replacement of the shifter assembly.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:45   #72

Re: My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed

Thanks for the info. I have been going through the DSG thread (DSG, demystified! All you need to know about VW's Direct-Shift Gearbox), but it's quite a long one. Given my limited knowledge in mechanics, I end up reading the same lines more than once

What you've quoted makes sense. In the ASC, on chatting with the mechanic who was working on my car, he did inform me that if shifter micro-switch (officially known as 'selector level sensors' in the 'selector level assembly') fails, the unit thinks that the gear is in neutral (N) [Also matches with the statement: If the control unit detects no selector lever position due to a malfunction of the senders or the solenoid, then both the clutches are opened...]

What puzzles me is that, the first time I took my car to the ASC, the fault code (which wasn't shared with me), was pointing them towards the ignition cylinder, post checking that, they got another error code (again not shared with me), which finally pointed them towards the "selector level assembly". Since the part was not available, I had to wait.

The curve ball -> Once the part had arrived on re-scanning the car, there were no fault code shown, however the issue of the key-coming out was still present. I had scanned the vehicle multiple times using VCDS, however no errors shown

Nevertheless, I am glad the issue has been finally fixed. Someone did contact me on FB, that they too have a similar issue in their 2019 1.2 TSI, however as per their ASC, no one has reported this issue and they are waiting for an official work-up technical sheet before actually fixing the problem.

Last edited by n4rayan.jagdish : 31st August 2021 at 15:06. Reason: Sentence correction
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks