Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 07:57   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Ownership experience - My Mahindra Alturas G4

Yes you can call Jiju on 76250-40459 and use my reference.
I would have PM Ed you this number but am unable to do so for some reason - it says you aren’t accepting PMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswami View Post
thank you..Do you have his contact by any chance ? Also I am in touch with someone from Anant cars. The thought of not even looking at it and sinking 38L is scaring me !
Old 13th July 2022, 08:35   #47

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply and the suggestion to PM the thread owner. I am unable to PM/DM as I am a "newbie" and it appears only from a certain level of membership we can do PM

Hope @Pkumarblore sees this message

I had a visit to the Mahindra service center for a quick check of the Marazzo as am embarking on 2K trip and happened to see a "car" wrapped in all white. I thought it was the Scorpio-N seeing the front side but the driver of the car told me its the Alturas and it was scheduled for delivery this week (BTW, the service center was overloaded with xuv700s,mostly software related niggles)

This does give hope that there are really a fingerful of people still looking at it

I read a note in this thread that there is no spare tyre for the Alturas thats given ? Is this really true as I have never seen a car till date without it

I am trying to get a contact in my extended contact list to at least see the car

its funny that the SA told me that "your first drive of your car will be the TD " !!
Old 13th July 2022, 14:43   #48
BANNED

Am posting the Alturas G4 brochure here so that you can take a view of it as a reference.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply and the suggestion to PM the thread owner. I am unable to PM/DM as I am a "newbie" and it appears only from a certain level of membership we can do PM
!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AlturasG4-E-brochure.pdf (635.0 KB, 247 views)
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 21:10   #49

Thanks a lot for the contact. Proves that nothing is impossible in this world. Till yesterday I was told even seeing the car is a miracle but today actually test drove it (heavy traffic and so literally need to do it again !) ..Mr Jiju was prompt in response and came down with the car for a TD
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:03   #50

Hello All

With help from the forum, have been able to TD the Alturas once and waiting to do it on a highway this weekend. Currently have 3 quotes from 3 different dealers but will mostly go with the one who had the vehicle for TD. Have done enough questioning on the ASS that am convinced it will not be an issue. Readily available colour seems to be white and silver. Black is next. I am fighting for the regal blue for now

My only concern seems to be the absence of the spare tyre. The puncture kit cannot be of any use in case of a more destructive tyre puncture or tyre burst

It will be really helpful for me to talk to owners of the BSVI variant here. Since my status is "newbie' I cannot PM others. I will appreciate if any owner of Alturas can give me a call on 9845543499

Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 17:38   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the contact..Mr Jiju was prompt in response and came down with the car for a TD
@hariswami - Jiju tells me that you’re about to get an Alturas?
Congrats! Do post your review here. And one day I hope to see it in person. Because it really is a very nice vehicle and was sadly under rated in India.
Good luck!
Old 25th July 2022, 18:50   #52

yes..News travels really fast ! Today paid the booking amt..Many thanks to you for providing the contact which was the start to all these. I did a second TD this weekend on NICE road and was really happy with the handling ..
hariswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 13:30   #53
BHPian

@Pkumarblore just checking up your Alturas G4 ownership thread. Can you share some insights on how the car is performing.

Would it be a good option to buy pre-owned. Am seeing some good examples in the market and if I can get a good price, then I may go for one.
Old 9th September 2022, 13:41   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
@Pkumarblore just checking up your Alturas G4 ownership thread. Can you share some insights on how the car is performing.

Would it be a good option to buy pre-owned. Am seeing some good examples in the market and if I can get a good price, then I may go for one.
I will be brief, have been driving this beast from last 12 months and have clocked 10k kms till now. 65% of this has been highway driving, pleased so far with the sturdy quality of the vehicle at the same time smooth highway rides. No niggles so far and hope to see the same going forward.

Mileage best I could get on highway was 6.5L/100 km, in city averages around 10L/100 km.
Linuskm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 09:44   #55
BHPian

Awesome thread and thank you for sharing your experiences. I have been looking to buy a SUV in this range and just came across the news for the @WD launch. I went to a showroom to try my luck and they had a delivery vehicle which they allowed me to peek into. They do not have a TD vehicle and as other have mentioned they are also not confident of getting one.
I saw the car and just sat inside and was pretty surprised with the over all quality. the stance of the car from outside is impressive as well.
I have a 2022 Tucson booking and am now weighing the Alturas against it. I have a couple of questions which I dont think we have answers for, but would like to hear what other folks in this thread would have to say.
1) Mahindra is selling the newly launched 2WD with their old badging and it is evident that they will not be leading with this in their marketing and promos as well. Will this translate to an unreliable service/ownership experience in the future?
2) How committed Mahindra is for selling the G4 in the future. Is it a case of them having older kits which they dispose off and then wash their hands off it? The newer Rexton has been there in the international markets and I do not see the changes being reflected in the model here. The primary changes being the digital instrument cluster, modern central panel with new gear shifters to name a few.
3) I typically buy cars for long term ownership and honestly trust that most manufacturers will continue to provide support even after they stop selling a model. However the issue comes with the wait in spare parts and over a period of time having the right set of hands looking at it.

So to summarise, I like the vehicle, even though it is at least a 4 year old model, and the only thing keeping me from buy it is lack of clarity of commitment from Mahindra's side for this vehicle. Questions like the XUV900, (when it comes) will it be a Mahindra stable car will it be a newer Rexton would be interesting to know.
Old 10th October 2022, 14:57   #56

I am a one month old Alturas owner..I had all these apprehensions as well before buying Covered 3k km so far..I really like the car..About maintenance etc, unless there is a part that becomes faulty, I think its not a big issue..I have taken extended warranty as well..I can help you further if you have more questions
Old 27th December 2022, 12:36   #57

Fixing the powered tailgate

First a brief on the problem

I was on a long drive this last weekend and while opening the auto tailgate of my Alturas it was not opening full i mean only few inches and stalls, tried few things like starting the engine, locking and unlocking with remote, pressing the tailgate button to see if I can make it work. Luckily the boot closed so I was able to continue my journey and return back home. At a rest point I tried again and observed that the boot was opening like a inch and closing back.

Today morning I read about the reset option and emergency unlocking of tailgate from the manual and tried the same options. The tailgate opening halfway thru with the emergency lever pulled from inside. After this the tailgate remained in a half open position and did not close. All this while I was careful not to use any force to press or open the boot manually.

I called the toll-free number of Mahindra and the person on the phone said they will tow my car to service centre and get it fixed, I was not ready to do this yet. I called the service centre and spoke to couple of people and figured out they had no clue other than saying that the appointments were full and I had to get the car later to service to get checked and towing was needed.

Finally I decided to use the chat option withyouhaamesha app and the person on the other end shared a number for workshop manager Mr. Raju.

I called Mr Raju and explained the problem and asked if he could get a technical person on phone to try and fix this problem, after a couple of minutes he got other technician on the line. The person asked me to put the ignition on and manually close the boot applying pressure, i double checked with him on this and he said that the system has to do learning while I manually close and open the boot lid, skeptical I did try this and voila the problem got solved and now the powered tailgate is working

Note: YMMV all problems with electronics are not the same so be sure to talk to the floor manager and get a technical person to assist in such occasions.

Cheers and Happy New year in advance
Linuskm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 12:35   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuskm View Post
he said that the system has to do learning while I manually close and open the boot lid, skeptical I did try this and voila the problem got solved and now the powered tailgate is working
It is quite similar to VAG group cars auto power window. After power cycle (battery disconnect), one needs to use the manual window down and up full cycle once for the system to lean. Only after learning would the auto up /down work.
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks