Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2019, 16:15   #31

Re: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Petrol MT GTX+

Quote:
If you've made it to the end of my review of the Seltos, thanks for sticking with me! Hope you enjoyed it....
Cheers,
BZ25
Great Review, wonder how the reviews will turn up once you start driving.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th December 2019 at 19:34. Reason: Trimmed quote, fixed quote tags.
sammy_automoto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 17:03   #32

Congratulations on your Seltos HTX IVT! Can you please share a feedback on the IVT. There is very little information online and on paper it does look a bit under powered.

Appreciate if you can please advice on the following:

1. Does the car feel underpowered while overtaking on the highway (with full load - 4/5 pax and luggage)

2. Does it give confidence while navigating hills / slopes (with full load)

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Great review brother. Wish you happy and safe miles ahead! How does the gravity grey color look after three months? Is it easy to maintain the color?
samarth2510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 16:43   #33
BHPian

BZ25 what a lovely review you have put up. *slow claps* Congratulations to you and your parents on this new car and wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles. How long is the wait before you get your eyes on the road and your hands behind the well.

Appreciate the detail you have added to your review. Good job.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 19:04   #34
BHPian

Thank you all for your lovely responses! Sorry, haven't updated this report as I was busy with 12th boards. I finally turned 18, and I just can't wait to get my hands on the Seltos.

No news means great news- the Seltos just had its second service and is doing just great! It runs like a dream and continues to catch the attention of fellow motorists and passer-bys. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19, the entire country has been on lockdown, so I haven't been able to practice my driving skills.

One thing I've noted, is that there has been a lot of bashing of the Seltos on the Tata Harrier and VW T-Roc threads. Please don't, each car has it's merits and flaws, do appreciate the efforts put in by each company. They are all great cars. Like everyone keeps claiming that the Creta is an i20 on steroids, the T-Roc is a Golf on steroids. And Tata's now famed Omega Architecture, which we all know is derived from the JLR D8 platform, is actually the Ford CD3 platform that has underpinned cars like the Mondeo.

Sorry for the rant, please dear moderators, don't ban me for being a Hyundai-Kia fanboy.

Take care everyone! Will update this thread regularly from now!
BZ25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 11:43   #35
BHPian

Great review!
With Amazingly informative pictures.

But
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
The

Kia has been shouty about the Bose association. I'm sure some fool will scratch it off. With such competent factory ICE systems, the after-market audio scene will vanish
But saying something like that on a forum like this is digging your own grave, man!

Yes the Bose system is competent and great by many a standard.
But I’ve seen people rip out their Bose systems out and trash the speakers because they aren’t built as well as some after market options, by which I mean most
I’ve seen quite a few videos where the substandard materials used in Bose speakers is shown.

Leads to failures over time in weather conditions like ours too.

Everything in a factory built car is built to a cost.
And it’s built by the cheapest bidder.

But I will vouch for the amazingly tuned systems made by Bose.
They’ll make a mediocre system sound great.

Nothing against Bose.
I love the company and they make some good speakers too.
Everyone in the family has some form of Bose equipment from aviation headsets to iPod docks. And they’re amazing.
viXit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 18:44   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This thread is about my Kia Seltos GTX+ Manual.
Dear @BZ25, Went through your review with interest as I am evaluating the Seltos Automatic for my family. A few questions from my side below. If you can address them I'd be grateful. (1) How has the service, attitudes, spares availability been at Frontier? Or are you using a different dealer for the servicing? (2) What niggles or troubles have you faced with the car thus far in about 3 years.

Thank you in advance for the trouble.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 22:18   #37
BHPian

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well!

I took a break from all forms of social media, (except WhatsApp) during the lockdown, and am slowly returning to all platforms now.

Given that I've recently finished my undergraduate studies I will be updating this thread more often now. Thank you, for all your love and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Dear @BZ25, Went through your review with interest as I am evaluating the Seltos Automatic for my family. A few questions from my side below. If you can address them I'd be grateful. (1) How has the service, attitudes, spares availability been at Frontier? Or are you using a different dealer for the servicing? (2) What niggles or troubles have you faced with the car thus far in about 3 years.

Thank you in advance for the trouble.
Dear @V.Narayan sir, the servicemen are Frontier are usually good, and they followup after servicing.

No niggles, actually, the car's been reliable, and a joy to drive. I recently got my license, and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2023 at 06:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 07:07   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear @V.Narayan sir, the servicemen are Frontier are usually good, and they followup after servicing.

No niggles, actually, the car's been reliable, and a joy to drive. I recently got my license, and it never fails to put a smile on my face.
Thank you BZ25. This is very useful. Glad you got your license. Good wishes to you for happy and safe driving. Do keep the thread updated from time to time. Best of luck for your future studies and career.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed